Riordan and lucky hibs.

Dr. Bapswent

Dr. Bapswent

The guy is a wee rat.

But there is no denying his ablity. He also clearly loves hibs.

Hibs are so lucky to have a player of his quality, playing for them, who wants to play for them.

He epitomises what Hearts do not have, and need.

Players who have a dream to play for Hearts, and will give their all for it.

Do any of these players exist?

Surely there must be youngsters, players in the reserves, or elsewhere who would give their right arm to play for Hearts?

Anyone have any idea of who these might be? Are any of them decent?

Talented he is. But he couldn't wait to get away from Easter Road and hit the big time. Now he's back kissing the badge.

We used to have people who loved playing for Hearts. Not so long ago. Fortunately their treachery was uncovered before they really damaged the club.

He'll soon be playing for a different team the way he is carrying on with sticking to his court orders

Still it will give a large number of his fans a chance to really show their love for him within the shower area

The guy is a wee rat.

Hibs are so lucky to have a player of his quality, playing for them, who wants to play for them.

Surely there must be youngsters, players in the reserves, or elsewhere who would give their right arm to play for Hearts?

Let's hope Crappa has the foresight to plan against him.

We need Obua on him

Only Jambo in the youths i can think of is Alistair Divine.

I went to primary school with the lad, though, and he was a bit of a part-timer TBH. Never even went to the '98 cup final.. :mw_rolleyes:

Only Jambo in the youths i can think of is Alistair Divine.

I went to primary school with the lad, though, and he was a bit of a part-timer TBH. Never even went to the '98 cup final.. :mw_rolleyes:

Our youths are full of celtic fans :(

As for Riordan Baps has a point, I saw him in the press this week saying how he loves hibs and when he kisses the badge he means it and would never do it anywhere else

The sad thing is its true and unlike most footballers he chose hibs over money this time round

He seems to have realised his errors and I fully expect him to see out his career at ER now no doubt scoring plenty against us along the way

Loyalty is a two way thing and I think everyone has done well out of this transfer

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

He loved them so much he sold them down the river for a move to Sellick. :rolleyes:

Pants Shaton

Anyone can kiss a badge.

Anyone can run their contract down and leave the 'club they love' for nothing.

Neil McCann is more of a Hearts fan than Riordan is a Hibs fan - FACT. END OF. etc.

As for Riordan Baps has a point, I saw him in the press this week saying how he loves hibs and when he kisses the badge he means it and would never do it anywhere else

The sad thing is its true and unlike most footballers he chose hibs over money this time round

He seems to have realised his errors and I fully expect him to see out his career at ER now no doubt scoring plenty against us along the way

Loyalty is a two way thing and I think everyone has done well out of this transfer

On that happy note. FTH!

Dr. Bapswent
He loved them so much he sold them down the river for a move to Sellick. :rolleyes:

Yep

But his move to Celtic is only seen as selling them donw the river because he didnt do well there.

If he had been a star, it would have been considerd a good move.

But it wasnt, and now he is back, and doing the business.

My point was, where are all these types of people who support HMFC?

Do they exist?

If not, why not?

If so, who are they?

Yep

And is now back, and doing the business.

My point was, where are all these types of people who support HMFC?

Do they exist?

If not, why not?

If so, who are they?

No it was seen as selling them down the river because he ran his contract down and signed for ra sellick for a few grand!

Andy Webster was this type of person.

A lying, sneaky little rat.

As a poster said, Riordan can only dream of replicating Neil McCanns time at Hearts. And he couldn't lace McCanns boots.

southside1874

The guy was getting paid nothing at Hibs. Celtic offered him 20 times his salary, so he went. He is now back at Hibs for 10 times his previous salary.

I think it was Hibs who sold him down the river, we all have to earn our potential.

The guy loves Hibs, but he was willing to come to Hearts if they paid the wages.

Dr. Bapswent
No it was seen as selling them down the river because he ran his contract down and signed for ra sellick for a few grand!

As a poster said, Riordan can only dream of replicating Neil McCanns time at Hearts. And he couldn't lace McCanns boots.

I agree, but..

It still doesnt address the question of where are these people currently for Hearts.

Money talks and players are will leave the club they love for the dosh , particularly for the O-F as is happening all the time or a move to the lower leagues in England hoping to chase the dream with a move to the premiership.

Let's hope Crappa has the foresight to plan against him.

We need Obua on him

Obua mark Riordan?

You must be taking the pish this time mate.

I agree, but..

It still doesnt address the question of where are these people currently for Hearts.

Mikey Stewart is the only one I can think of.

Hopefully the next decade or so should see us playing more academy based Jambos coming through the ranks.

I don't care who a player supports though as long as they give it their all. (see Paul Hartley for example)

heartsfc_fan

Big Hearts fan? What about Craig Gordon?

*edit, sorry when he did play for us

JamboRossi79
The guy is a wee rat.

Mikey Stewart ?

Who where the Hearts supporting great players before?

Gordon Smith, Dave MacKay, Alec Young for a start. Then players like Gary McKay, Scott Crabbe if he had been given more of a chance.

southside1874

While in China, a man is very sexually promiscuous and does not use a condom all the time.

A week after arriving back home in the States, he wakes one morning to find his penis covered with bright green and purple spots.

Horrified, he immediately goes to see a doctor. The doctor, never having seen anything like this before, orders some tests and tells the man to return in two days for the results.

The man returns a couple of days later, and the doctor says, 'I've got bad news for you -- you've contracted Mongolian VD. It's very rare and almost unheard of here ... We know very little about it.'

The man looks a little perplexed and says, Well, give me a shot or something and fix me up, Doc.'

The doctor answers, 'I'm sorry, there's no known cure. We're going to have to amputate your penis.'

The man screams in horror, 'Absolutely not! I want a second opinion.'

The doctor replies, 'Well, it's your choice. Go ahead, if you want, but surgery is your only choice.'

The next day, the man seeks out a Chinese doctor, figuring that he'll know more about the disease.

The Chinese doctor examines his penis and proclaims, 'Ah, yes, *****'ian We'Dee. Vely lare disease.'

The guy says to the doctor, 'Yeah, yeah, I already know that, but what can I do? My Australian doctor wants to operate and amputate my penis!'

The Chinese doctor shakes his head and laughs.. 'Dupid Austra'ian docta, always want to opelate. More money dat way.

No need opelate!'

Oh, Thank God!' the man replies.

'Yes,' says the Chinese doctor, 'wait two weeks. Faw off by itself!'

southside1874
Gordon Smith, Dave MacKay, Alec Young for a start. Then players like Gary McKay, Scott Crabbe if he had been given more of a chance.

So thats five from the sixties to now!!

So thats five from the sixties to now!!

You asked for great players. Otherwise I would have thrown in people like Jim Jeffries.

southside1874
You asked for great players. Otherwise I would have thrown in people like Jim Jeffries.

or even Gary Locke. The point being that there was no conveyor belt of Jambos wishing to play, that are kissing the badge and its not just the times now, its always been the same.

Its nothing to do with the club. Previously we could get a band of players wanting to play for each other. Under Romanov thats gone

scott herbertson
John Greig's Norwegian cousin?

Is that serious - was Roald Jensen related? or Amundsen? or just the composer of Hall of the Mountain Kings

Say What Again

I haven't had a proper look through the Kaunas squad list, but if i were you, I wouldn't be holding my breath.

Dr Ian Malcolm

Why seek players who's sole ambition is to play for Hearts? Once they reach the first team, thats it for them, they're not going to push themselves on to a higher level performance wise, and will sit in their comfort zone. We should be aiming for players that aren't just good enough to play for us, they're good enough to progress beyond Hearts. Gordon, as much as he loved Hearts, realised he could achieve far more away from the club (and indeed Scotland). Hibs (only after Celtic didn't deem him worthy of a regualr place) is the level of Riordan's ambition.

Also, gone are the days of players like Gary McKay and Robbo, who, whilst good enough to progress, were extremely loyal to Hearts. Had Gordon played in a similar era, whats to say he wouldn't havr stayed at Hearts for a similar period? The fact is, players who are good enough and want to progress they're careers will move on, regardless of whther they're fans or not.

Why seek players who's sole ambition is to play for Hearts? Once they reach the first team, thats it for them, they're not going to push themselves on to a higher level performance wise, and will sit in their comfort zone. We should be aiming for players that aren't just good enough to play for us, they're good enough to progress beyond Hearts. Gordon, as much as he loved Hearts, realised he could achieve far more away from the club (and indeed Scotland). Hibs (only after Celtic didn't deem him worthy of a regualr place) is the level of Riordan's ambition.

Also, gone are the days of players like Gary McKay and Robbo, who, whilst good enough to progress, were extremely loyal to Hearts. Had Gordon played in a similar era, whats to say he wouldn't havr stayed at Hearts for a similar period? The fact is, players who are good enough and want to progress they're careers will move on, regardless of whther they're fans or not.

Robbo went to Newcastle. Gordon to Sunderland.

I would dearly love to have a player at tynecastle with Riordan's ability.

Unfortunately that is just a dream at present and I am sure that if one did turn up he would be dragged down to our present level pretty damn quick.

Sad but true

Vlad you really are a complete TW@T

Riordan had agreed a new contract at Hibs & it was withdrawn & then presented again a year on, he wanted the back money from the original contract offer, Petrie refused, he walked without signing, it was hardly the same as the way Webster took the P out of Hearts.

...He epitomises what Hearts do not have, and need...

Whilst we do not have and need a few things, Ratboy doesn't epitomise it.

He was quick to play on a family members sellik credentials re the ashes-scattering and IIRC, he also bummed up his own sellik leanings when he signed for timmy.

He simply epitomises all that is wrong, both in the capital and Scotland in general.

He epitomises schemie culture.

Robbo wasn't too slow on his way doon the A1 to Newcastle, even faster on his way back after a horrible few months in The Toon ;)

I think its the nature of the beast with footballers, for the most part they will go where the yen is

Its easy for the Lampards , Terrys of this world who will stay loyal with the likes of Chelsea for almost ever, they cannot get much more elsewhere.

Captain Scarlett

I think anyone could have scored the goals he has scored so far. I think you are all making him out to be better than he actually is. He is not that good.

Robbo wasn't too slow on his way doon the A1 to Newcastle, even faster on his way back after a horrible few months in The Toon ;)

I think its the nature of the beast with footballers, for the most part they will go where the yen is

Its easy for the Lampards , Terrys of this world who will stay loyal with the likes of Chelsea for almost ever, they cannot get much more elsewhere.

Riordan ran his contract down and left Hibs for nothing.

Funny that the 'die-hard' Hibs fans Murray and Riordan were the ones who looked out entirely for number one. Even Rangers fan, Scott Brown, and Hearts fan, Steven Whittaker, managed to secure transfer fees for Hibs.

Riordan can kiss the badge all he likes. He is a schemie, racist, mercenary thug and embodies none of the values we would welcome.

He HAS been a good signing for them.

He HAS made a difference.

When was the last time Hearts signed anyone, who was ready to walk in to the team (i.e injury free), did so, and REEEEEEEEALLY lived up to our expectations??

He HAS been a good signing for them.

He HAS made a difference.

When was the last time Hearts signed anyone, who was ready to walk in to the team (i.e injury free), did so, and REEEEEEEEALLY lived up to our expectations??

Last summer - Michael Stewart.

Best player for the opening months last season and we all said he was gonna be crap.

What's all this pish about we can only 'dream' of having a player of Ratboys quality?!

HE ISN'T EVEN VERY GOOD.

When you see the likes of Scott McDonald and Barry Robson making it at Sellick but Ratboy could only manage a few CIS Cup appearances it tells you everything.

I would say Kingston is twice the player Ratboy is, he is struggling at the moment but judging him by his performances for Ghana and his first season at Hearts, he is better than Ratboy.

STOP COMPLIMENTING HIM AND HIBS ... THEY AREN'T BRAZIL

Frankenstein Jambo.

Still i think his heart led before his head and i think he would have been an awsome signing if he had signed for us. We'd probably be challenging for the league this season but never mind.

P.S When did you get allowed back on the board?

Frankenstein Jambo.
What's all this pish about we can only 'dream' of having a player of Ratboys quality?!

HE ISN'T EVEN VERY GOOD.

When you see the likes of Scott McDonald and Barry Robson making it at Sellick but Ratboy could only manage a few CIS Cup appearances it tells you everything.

I would say Kingston is twice the player Ratboy is, he is struggling at the moment but judging him by his performances for Ghana and his first season at Hearts, he is better than Ratboy.

Kingston is pesh, end of.

HE ISN'T EVEN VERY GOOD.

Kingston twice the player as Riordan? You feeling alright pal?

Bonjour everyone by the way! I come in peace!

Kingston twice the player as Riordan? You feeling alright pal?

Bonjour everyone by the way! I come in peace!

Morning Rocky.

Close the door on your way out.

HE ISN'T EVEN VERY GOOD.

You really should actually read and think before you post.

I dont think anyone said Ratboy was better than anything we had.

What was said was, he was decent AND he has the desire to play for them, as he is a Hibs man.

We dont seem to have much of that combination. Ability and desire.

This is not a post complimenting anyone, its asking where is that in respect for Hearts?

Ratboy may have good ability and may be a boyhood Hibee but I couldn't bring myself to say anything complimentary about the wee James Blunt. Not thatcalling someone a Hibee is being complimentary.

Hope Eggert halves him.

Archived