People banging on the window

icenoodle

i thought that the people who arange were the fans sit should be to blame they should have had the rangers fans there . What did they think was going to happen with jc there .

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hans von Luck
Played dave we were robbed again 20 years ago i would have banged that window.

Too old now :)

20 Years ago mate and the window would have been tanned in with square heed dragged out to be tarred and feathered.

GORGIE RULES :ninja:

tell you what i hope to god i never sit near any of the pathetic saps on this board that find this higly amusing act a disgrace just incase i let out a wee sweary word that offends you all!

Get a flippin grip!

I didn't know at the time why we were singing about Collins , just joined in , I should have looked at the screens behind me doh!!!

I hope somebody posts a clip so I can see it :)

great night me and gary locke chasing a weedgie and to all those who though it was embarssing well you should ave been their instead of being armchair supporters lazy ***s

Walter Bishop
Was watching this with my kids, who were disgusted at the antics of so called mature football supporters.

Condonement of this is as moronic as the perpretrators!

FFS get a life and give your kids one aswell!!! Sad Hobo freak!!

Miller Jambo 60
All I mean is that it will cause bad publicity for us. The biased Weegie press will make a meal of it and our name gets dragged into the mud yet again.

We could do without it, that's all.

WHO GIVES A FECK:)

Tapping on the window?? Oh big deal?? We're getting led up garden paths and being made as the biggest mugs in Scotland?! Remember back to the Wayne Foster match when Derek Johnston in the studio couldn't stop laughing at the Hearts fans in the background with one prominintly displaying a key with 21 on it which meant we were 21 games without a defeat against the weeteam?? Never seen what the windae tappers were doing last night but big fecking deal!!??

We are embarrassing right enough,we are being taken for mugs!! We should however be tapping on the windows at Tynecastle demanding answers on to where we are heading!?

The more i read these posts , the angrier i get

Idiots not even at the game -sitting at home with there feet up lambasting the fans who made the trip for banging on a window and winding a ex hibee manager up ,

You 5/6 numpties are everything thats wrong with the Hearts support , 2 many of your likes that are more interested in the outraged from morningside stance than the real issues

Hearts supporters -not really

AGREED 100%. I can't believe that I was part of only around 7500 Hearts fans at Hampden last night. The rest of the "supporters" should be ashamed of themselves.

Excuses like "I was working" or "I had to look after the kids as my fat wife went to yoga" are not good enough.

It was a cup semi-final which we have known about for 2 months - plenty of time to save up for that "costly" train ticket or to get the time off work if required,.

I have been a season ticket holder since I was 11 and have renewed every single season since and I cannot believe the attitude of some Hearts fans at the moment. The lack of interest is incredible and the same so-called supporters having a go at those who actually attended the game will be those who are there every week when we turn the corner. Where has the Heart from our support disappeared to in the past few months?

Needless to say, I thought that the banging on the windows incident was priceless. Those without a sense of humour need to get a grip - AND SUPPORT THE TEAM!

Ha Ha, the amount of dicks on here is unreal.

They were banging a window FFS, how about you get off your collective arses and follow the boys to support them at Hampden? Tits.

Miller Jambo 60
I never said that people who go to the games are not real fans. I'm not sure if you are referring to me directly by quoting my post, but I have never written that.

My point was that we are all entitled to posting our opinions here, and that our ticket stubs don't mean ****.

yOU ARE A SILLY WEE BOY MA HA DOUG AT THE GAME GET A LIFE:)

Just thought I would add a wee post here.....considering me and my mates were involved.

Before the game started, I noticed the studio, which was housed in one of the executive boxes. So I got my wee mate Rossi, and stuck him on my shoulders. He sung a few songs, banged the window a few times, and that was that. A wee laugh at the expense of squareheid. So what.

I wasn't involved with any carry on at half time, although i could see that there were more than a few Jambos up there, singing and banging on the window. Again, I found it quite funny.......

So I've logged on this morning and saw this thread............oh my God!!!!!

The amount of wee sweetie wifies on here is unreal. Get an effin grip of yourselves people, FFS!

Were any sectarian songs sung..............NO

Was anyone hurt.................................NO

Was it anything more than banter...........NO

Honest to God, the @rseholes on here who are mumping and moaning really should have a look at themselves. Your feeble objections to a few songs shows me that you areobviously part of the "new breed". you know, the fans who have only ever known all seater stadia and Hearts branded hot dogs.

Has the atmosphere at football really be diluted to the extent where giving a hobo it tight is deemed as so wrong by so many? Was it REALLY the smartest thing to do putting squarehied in the Hearts end? Come on eh.......it was banter, no more, no less.

Anyone offended with what I and my mate done PRE game should have an effin word...

Joke, absolute joke. Whilst I dont condone racist or sectarian behaviour, there is a strong strong element of the Hearts support today that are no more than complete and utter p*ssies.

By the way, the opening poster has 182 posts to his name.....

4 out of the next 5 replies (all slating the Hearts) have the grand sums of..

16 posts, then

85 posts, then

91 posts, then

70 posts.........

Did all these moaners join at the same time? Seems very very strange to me........

GTF HOBOS!

Just thought I would add a wee post here.....considering me and my mates were involved.

Before the game started, I noticed the studio, which was housed in one of the executive boxes. So I got my wee mate Rossi, and stuck him on my shoulders. He sung a few songs, banged the window a few times, and that was that. A wee laugh at the expense of squareheid. So what.

I wasn't involved with any carry on at half time, although i could see that there were more than a few Jambos up there, singing and banging on the window. Again, I found it quite funny.......

So I've logged on this morning and saw this thread............oh my God!!!!!

The amount of wee sweetie wifies on here is unreal. Get an effin grip of yourselves people, FFS!

Were any sectarian songs sung..............NO

Was anyone hurt.................................NO

Was it anything more than banter...........NO

Honest to God, the @rseholes on here who are mumping and moaning really should have a look at themselves. Your feeble objections to a few songs shows me that you areobviously part of the "new breed". you know, the fans who have only ever known all seater stadia and Hearts branded hot dogs.

Has the atmosphere at football really be diluted to the extent where giving a hobo it tight is deemed as so wrong by so many? Was it REALLY the smartest thing to do putting squarehied in the Hearts end? Come on eh.......it was banter, no more, no less.

Anyone offended with what I and my mate done PRE game should have an effin word...

Joke, absolute joke. Whilst I dont condone racist or sectarian behaviour, there is a strong strong element of the Hearts support today that are no more than complete and utter p*ssies.

Well yes, you would say that.

As you were invovled.

Id also try and backtrack if I had publically made a fool of myself.

Of course the best way to do this is belittle the incident itself, suggest it was all meant in good faith, hide behind specifics and ignore the general aspects of the reality of the situation.

Well done.

As you were invovled.

Of course the best way to do this is belittle the incident itself, suggest it was all meant in good faith, hide behind specifics and ignore the general aspects of the reality of the situation.

Well done.

Well, i WASNT involved, and I dont know the guy in any way, thus i'm in no way obliged to..... but i agree with everything he wrote.

WTF? So now being a pain in the a*** on national TV is great and criticizing that means Im a child. Grow up. ****

Glad to see this plum has'ent posted again. Must have fell of his soapbox and smaked his head of the moral high ground.

watched it when i got home.

at first i thought it was funny, but after about 5 mins it was tiresome.

because i wanted to hear what jc & nevin were saying about the 1st half.

liked nevin's dig at Rock Steady, which is who should be getting a real rollicking .

nae need for sec tarian abuse tho'.

no as good as after the 1994 cup game @ easter road with the lad with the 21 key. that was class. :)

Well, i WASNT involved, and I dont know the guy in any way, thus i'm in no way obliged to..... but i agree with everything he wrote.

OK,

Thats up to you.

OK,

Thats up to you.

Yes.

It is.

Thankfully I have more important things to concern me than a few football supproters having a bit of a laugh banging on a window during a TV show.

The day I feel the need to whinge about such things will be a very sad day indeed.

Yes.

It is.

Thankfully I have more important things to concern me than a few football supproters having a bit of a laugh banging on a window during a TV show.

The day I feel the need to whinge about such things will be a very sad day indeed.

Yet you choose to come on here and vehemently defend your position about having no concerns?

How odd..

What is it they say about protesting too much?..?

Yes.

It is.

Correct.

I cannot believe that there are so many people reacting so badly. It baffles me. It really, really baffles me.

Yet you choose to come on here and vehemently defend your position about having no concerns?

How odd..

What is it they say about protesting too much?..?

Vehemently defending my position?

Protesting too much??

Seriously mate - stop giving your mind a treat. I've not made any great defence at all to be honest.

I merely admitted to agreeing with what someone else had written.

I've not even made any real input of my own in the thread. Hardly an example of vehemently defending my position now is it.....!!!

Vehemently defending my position?

Protesting too much??

Seriously mate - stop giving your mind a treat. I've not made any great defence at all to be honest.

I merely admitted to agreeing with what someone else had written.

I've not even made any real input of my own in the thread. Hardly an example of vehemently defending my position now is it.....!!!

Well at last count, this is your third or is it fourth reply stating the same thing isnt it?

As you were invovled.

Well done.

Well, I would say what?

I am backtracking from what exactly?

Care to enlighten me about the "specifics" i am "hiding behind" and the "general aspects of the reality of the situation" I am ignoring...

I honestly do not have the first ****in clue what you are talking about Bapswent. I logged on this morning, saw this thread, and added to it as I saw fit.

Why you would think I would be backtracking I dont know, cos there is absolutely nothing to backtrack from!

Mental mental thread, even crazier postings by people like you.

Well at last count, this is your third or is it fourth reply stating the same thing isnt it?

The number of replies I have made in this thread is irrelevant and nor do they make my defense any more vehement.

I can't believe that Nevin is getting credit on here for his snivelly wee sarcastic remark about rock steady!

to me, he came across like a whingeing lassie who had soiled her undergarments at having seen some nasty boys from the local comprehensive. and i thought that brand names were not allowed to be referred to within the publicly-funded forum of the BBC?

dougie donnelly as well, what an old woman. the sensibilities of an 83 year old grandmother of none from Morningside.

The only one who showed any sort of class was JC imo. He was the only one likely to get any real abuse but he just smirked and got on with it. Almost as though he had some experience of actual banter with actual regular folks?

People tend to behave in a rumbustious fashion at football matches, particularly young men in groups. If this sort of behaviour is likely to affend, you may wish to consider taking up a more appropriate passtime such as knitting.

This thread is hilarious.

You takin the P Bapswent?

Cannie figure you out.......but I must admit I was surprised to see you slating my post.

So were you just trying to be funny and ironic, but no one else actually found you funny and ironic?:P

Whoa, whoa, whoa mate......

How many threads of it being neds and so on before it became a thread in which ONE person has sung a sectarian song......

Away you go tae bed you plum!

I am not one for giving people stick however I had it on my surround sound and NEVER heard that...... And I am catholic!!!!

I can't believe people are starting to say this now.

You surely can't take your faith that seriously if you don't know that the Initial C should be capitalised.

Anyway...

Like Drylaw Hearts I was standing underneath the window in question for most of the first half and, because I couldn't see who was inside, was somewhat confused when all of a sudden everyone started swarming towards me after the whistle blew for half time.

What followed can only be described as rather amusing.

Yes it was immature but seeing as most of the people involved seemed to be about seventeen it would seem churlish to admonish them for that. In fact it was heartening in a nostalgic manner to see that the spirit of the old shed was alive and well.

I've got 18 seconds of mobile phone footage which I'll stick up on youtube if I can be bothered later.

As for Sectarian singing. I was right there and I didn't hear any and, given the identity of our opponents that night, I would have been somewhat surprised.

Once the Police turned up and started trying to calm things down I disappeared off to upgrade myself to the empty seats over by the corporate section near the half way line.

You takin the P Bapswent?

Cannie figure you out.......but I must admit I was surprised to see you slating my post.

So were you just trying to be funny and ironic, but no one else actually found you funny and ironic?:P

For info.

Im not taking the P.

I havent stated my own view on the subject.

However if you wish me to. I think it was embarrassing, those involved did themselves no favours, looked silly and as ambassadors for the club (as all fans are to some extent) they certainly did nothing to help the clubs reputation.

But, I also dont think its that big an issue, many on the thread simply have put their view across, but many have screamed and shouted both in favour and against. Its that element that I think is funny. For a variety of reasons. But simply because those who feel that strongly about it must do so for a reason - and those reasons are the interesting bit.

chester copperpot

I saw these guys at half time when I was heading off to get my wee boy a bag of crisps, and to be honest, they should have had stewards there if they were not wanting people climbing up and shouting in the window.

Didn't hear any of the songs, however same old over reaction by the P.C mob on here as usual.

The boys were probably pi55ed up and having a laugh.

I saw these guys at half time when I was heading off to get my wee boy a bag of crisps, and to be honest, they should have had stewards there if they were not wanting people climbing up and shouting in the window.

Didn't hear any of the songs, however same old over reaction by the P.C mob on here as usual.

The boys were probably pi55ed up and having a laugh.

And that makes it ok?

just reading this thread and can't believe what i'm reading! The original posters obviously weren't at the game which is the real disgrace. People at the game having a laugh at the expense of a former hibs manager, without causing any real trouble is now all of a sudden crime of the century! even square heid found it funny, people moaning about a harmless bit of fun should give themselves a shake and look at themselves for deciding to stay at home and moan about the fans who have actually bothered to make the trip!

Just watched it for the 1st time.Sorry but i found it laugh out loud funny.No sectarian songs.Just good old banter about Hibs and a 106.It didn't last anymore than 5 mins as well.Good work by rock steady to stop it when they did.Just the right amount of time to get the message across.:):wacko:

Nevins looked to be only one to be annoyed, JC was amused to be fair to him, Donnelly looked quite snobbish.

It's quite strange who attitude's can change when someone is no longer managing your rivals. JC was quite complimentary about Hearts before the game and at half time, and I thought he was an excellent unbiased pundit. Only a matter of months ago he was calling us a Pub Team though. Nevin doesn't have any real associations with Hibs and I would rather listen to JC any time over him.

Nevins looked to be only one to be annoyed, JC was amused to be fair to him, Donnelly looked quite snobbish.

It's quite strange who attitude's can change when someone is no longer managing your rivals. JC was quite complimentary about Hearts before the game and at half time, and I thought he was an excellent unbiased pundit. Only a matter of months ago he was calling us a Pub Team though. Nevin doesn't have any real associations with Hibs and I would rather listen to JC any time over him.

His sons support Hibs and Nevin is now a fan because of this.

16 posts, then

85 posts, then

91 posts, then

70 posts.........

Did all these moaners join at the same time? Seems very very strange to me........

/

I don't think your arguement is relevant some of us have had over 10,000 post on kickback but very few on this version of the board. And before you decry me as a 2lightweight2 I'll have you know I have put on 21Kgs thanks to the steroids I have been taking these last 10 months whilst I have been ill!

chester copperpot
And that makes it ok?

Depending on their behaviour, yes.

If they were only singing etc, and nothing offensive, then I dont see what the problem is.

His sons support Hibs and Nevin is now a fan because of this.

that's not how it works though, pat.

sorry.

It all seemed like harmless fun to me. I have no idea what it sounded like or looked like to all the armchair supporters sitting at home poo-poo'ing the antics of a few, because I was at the game actually supporting my team. If anything, the Hearts support did credit to the club. We got behind the team from the off, the singing was loud and proud throughout, no secterian bull and plenty of be-littleing the Hibees. The fact that the cubic cranial personification of the Hibees happened to be sitting right behind the Hearts fans was a bonus and naturally took the bulk of the pelters. Sorry, I have no time for these so called "fans" who do nothing but whinge and moan from their armchairs. If your not happy, then maybe you should get off your arses and attend the games, soak up the atmosphere and enjoy yourself. Or go watch cricket instead.

Rangers? At one point I forgot they even had fans there.......

The only disgrace were the thousands of empty seats in the Hearts end last night. Give me one of these 'yobs' over 20 of you keyboard moaners.

Played dave we were robbed again 20 years ago i would have banged that window.

Too old now :)

I'm an old git (as well) and was close to the "incident"....I laughed my heid off (no violence was involved). Can't beat bringing down these sanctimonious, pretentious, holier than thou biased commentators....get a life it was fun :)

16 posts, then

85 posts, then

91 posts, then

70 posts.........

GTF HOBOS!

i am not a hearts fan and i have said that i thought that the people who aranged the whole thing are to blame putting the hearts fans there when jc was going to be there was looking for this to happen imho .

It all seemed like harmless fun to me. I have no idea what it sounded like or looked like to all the armchair supporters sitting at home poo-poo'ing the antics of a few, because I was at the game actually supporting my team. If anything, the Hearts support did credit to the club. We got behind the team from the off, the singing was loud and proud throughout, no secterian bull and plenty of be-littleing the Hibees. The fact that the cubic cranial personification of the Hibees happened to be sitting right behind the Hearts fans was a bonus and naturally took the bulk of the pelters. Sorry, I have no time for these so called "fans" who do nothing but whinge and moan from their armchairs. If your not happy, then maybe you should get off your arses and attend the games, soak up the atmosphere and enjoy yourself. Or go watch cricket instead.

Rangers? At one point I forgot they even had fans there.......

totally agree!

It was one of the funniest things I've seen at football for a long time, some people need to get a grip of reality if they think this is a disgrace! Get real it was ******* class!

Archived