Clum 2 in 2 he is Dancing.

Munch

Clum has now scored 2 goals in 2 starts for Livi, at this rate come January he could be on 20 goals.

If this is the case, would you welcome him back to the first Team ?

It does seem strange that if he does score a shed load of goals for Livi, and you also look at the Bednar situation who was murder as well before his move to WBA, it makes you wonder is it something to do with the coaching, or set up of the team, that when players leave they suddenly find form.:buttkick:

We_are_the_Hearts
Clum has now scored 2 goals in 2 starts for Livi, at this rate come January he could be on 20 goals.

It does seem strange that if he does score a shed load of goals for Livi, and you also look at the Bednar situation who was murder as well before his move to WBA, it makes you wonder is it something to do with the coaching, or set up of the team, that when players leave they suddenly find form.:buttkick:

He has scored 4 in 2 League starts has he not?

We_are_the_Hearts
Sorry i think its 3 in 3.:eek:

He scored 2 at Dundee and 2 at the weekend there against Partick. Think that is his only League starts? He drew a blank at Parkhead in the CIS.

He scored 2 at Dundee and 2 at the weekend there against Partick. Think that is his only League starts? He drew a blank at Parkhead in the CIS.

so thats 4 in 5:whistling:

Well done Calum keep up the good work

Regardless of the actual goals to games it seems obvious to me that HMFC are doing something wrong big time in regards to strikers and young players.

IMHO HMFC have failed massively in their ability to progress young talent considering youth appears to be a major Vlad thing. You would have thought that HMFC would have a system in place to nurture this talent but unfortunately not.

Yet another feather in the cap for the mad one (@rsehole).

He has 5 goals in his last 3 league games

Yes you are right, so that clears that up, i think.:P

Is it not just that he has found his level in the First Division ? He has had numerous chances at Premier level, and failed. :sad:

jambo-rocker

elliot has found is level and in my opinion will always be a decent first division player. Maybe an average player for a **** premier league team like st. mirren at a push.

He's scored 5 this season and I believe he could have done that here had he not been hounded out by gods most gifted footballers that go to the games @ tynie.

Who's the next young player we all want to hound out... moan its fun.

elliot has found is level and in my opinion will always be a decent first division player. Maybe an average player for a **** premier league team like st. mirren at a push.

Wonder what his goal celebration routine is like ? maybe the cha cha cha,mixed in with a bit of Break Dancing.

Hes a Dancer.:jambobanana::Hearts Man dance::av-1001::Hearts Man spotrun:

Colonel Kurtz
He's scored 5 this season and I believe he could have done that here had he not been hounded out by gods most gifted footballers that go to the games @ tynie.

Well said

hearts supporters have always had a scapegoat ,one funny thing is they were always Scottish over the years.

Higgins,Black,Kidd,Pressley,Mackay,etc

Guest jambomickey
Is it not just that he has found his level in the First Division ? He has had numerous chances at Premier level, and failed. :sad:

he was one who suffered by all the madness and instability! he proved when burley and rix were at hearts he is a decent player

Just think he's found his level in the first division. He'll do well there. Players like Elliot and another that comes to mind, Dennis Wyness, tend to do well in the first division but just aren't that effective when it comes to SPL level. Bit strange really, as the two leagues aren't worlds apart in terms of quality.

I don't see we've got anything to lose by giving him another shot if he scores double figures or so in his loan spell.

If he comes back full of confidence he could be a player for us still.

I remeber the New Years day defeat to Celtic in 2006 ...Calum Elliot was absolutley outstanding and gave Balde a roasting...

He was and is a good player, just desperatley out of form and confidence last season and to be honest who could blame him. He needed a move away from Tynecastle and probably the best thing for him is to stay away and seek a career elsewhere.

he will score a barrowload in the first division though.

The People's Chimp

Aye, very true. You're on form at the moment.

Oh and I reckon they're starting to do a good job on wallace.

Stewart is also in some midfield maestros' sights.

still think he is not good enough but then look at what we have just now i a mate who ges to the livi games and says he is the best player on the park. hope he proves me wrong and comes back the player he was when rix was here the poor guys has had far to many knocks to his confidence.

when callum scores the livi fans chant lets all dance like callum elliott and he plays along and dances like some sort of trained monkey!

Aye, very true. You're on form at the moment.

Oh and I reckon they're starting to do a good job on wallace.

Stewart is also in some midfield maestros' sights.

Cheers, the boo boys had knocked my confidence last season but I feel since the heat has been taken off I can post more freely and concentrate on my game more.

;)

when callum scores the livi fans chant lets all dance like callum elliott and he plays along and dances like some sort of trained monkey!

He is obviously going great guns at Livi and the supporters are HELPING him.

If he scored 5 in 3 for us I would be quite happy for him to celebrate naked.

This would appear to be a great move for Calum even if it is only a short term loan deal.

I hope that he bangs in a barrowload for them and gets a move to a decent club where he can progress further.

Sadly HMFC will, in it's present form, has been unable to nurture his obvious talent.

I really hope he gets a move to a decent club and becomes a scoring machine.

Now are you paying attention Vlad (@rsehole)? No thought not (tube)

Ryan Gosling
Well said

hearts supporters have always had a scapegoat ,one funny thing is they were always Scottish over the years.

The Jimmy Moal isn't Scottish..

Colonel Kurtz
The Jimmy Moal isn't Scottish..

Neither is Driver but he got it tight last year from ersholes who wouldnt know a good young player .

It grieves me to say that Hibs supporters do not ruin their young players.

CL once told me he would not play youngsters at Tynecastle unless he had to ,because of the fans.

Well said

Pressley wasn`t hounded out by the fans he was hounded out by Vlad, then after his display on his return to Tynecastle, he then got rounded on by the fans.

Colonel Kurtz
Pressley wasn`t hounded out by the fans he was hounded out by Vlad, then after his display on his return to Tynecastle, he then got rounded on by the fans.

I was referring to when Elvis first signed and was played right back

I was speaking to a guy at work who has a livy season ticket. He was saying that Clum looks a cut above compared to the rest of the players in the first division. He also said he looks a lot better than Mole when he was there.

Charlie-Brown

I think currently Mole & Elliot are too good for reserve team level, not quite at the level yet where they are good enough to play to a good level in the SPL every week & very few strikers in their age group are yet either - both are probably at a higher standard the First Division though which is why Elliot is doing well & getting goals & good reports...basically at this stage in their career development they are somewhere in between SPL quality / Irn Bru quality .... both are still young players with time & potential to improve.

jamboinglasgow
Well done Calum keep up the good work

Regardless of the actual goals to games it seems obvious to me that HMFC are doing something wrong big time in regards to strikers and young players.

IMHO HMFC have failed massively in their ability to progress young talent considering youth appears to be a major Vlad thing. You would have thought that HMFC would have a system in place to nurture this talent but unfortunately not.

Yet another feather in the cap for the mad one (@rsehole).

To me I have always thought that elliot has great potential, its just that his confidence was shot from 06/07 season and last year was not a situation which would of helped him.

Think that loan to motherwell was a disaster. It destroyed his confidence and was rarely played when he came back. Last season he was played with low confidence week in and out and was obviously not performing. This got the fans on his back and made him act worse and worse.

For me the only thing that could be done is to move club, this was done by loan and being at a lower club will help. Its like when starting doing weights again, you dont go for the same level as you did before at the start, you drop down to easier weights. You build back up to that level over a period of time. To me this is what the Livi loan will do, he will come back on a high, but fans need to be patent with him and not expect miracles, let him build himself to a higher level.

It's incredible how fickle people on here are. :laugh: Three good games and suddenly Elliot's a world beater again.

He was terrible last season. He was terrible the season before that. Even in the '05/06 season, when people think that he was fantastic, he was really quite poor the majority of the time.

So he's scored five goals in the first division. Whoop-de-do, that's the same amount as Hibs reject Stephen Dobbie and only one more than Motherwell reject Stephen Craig.

He's a terrible player, and the views expressed on this thread are embarrassing.

It's incredible how fickle people on here are. :laugh: Three good games and suddenly Elliot's a world beater again.

He was terrible last season. He was terrible the season before that. Even in the '05/06 season, when people think that he was fantastic, he was really quite poor the majority of the time.

So he's scored five goals in the first division. Whoop-de-do, that's the same amount as Hibs reject Stephen Dobbie and only one more than Motherwell reject Stephen Craig.

He's a terrible player, and the views expressed on this thread are embarrassing.

looks like he is doing the soft shoe shuffle at Livingstone.

Colonel Kurtz

I rest my case

I rest my case

Do you think that there's ever been a young player at Heart of Midlothian who was ever actually just not very good, or has every single one of them been ruined by the fans?

Colonel Kurtz
Do you think that there's ever been a young player at Heart of Midlothian who was ever actually just not very good, or has every single one of them been ruined by the fans?

Quite a few,there are also a few whose confidence has been destroyed,too such an extent that managers have been reluctant to play youngsters at home.

There is a stereotype who slag youngsters

25-45 in a job,but not good enough to ever be included in the decision making process.

Never opens his trap in the hoose due to dominating partner .

Classic "it should have been me"syndrome

Quite a few,there are also a few whose confidence has been destroyed,too such an extent that managers have been reluctant to play youngsters at home.

There is a stereotype who slag youngsters

25-45 in a job,but not good enough to ever be included in the decision making process.

Never opens his trap in the hoose due to dominating partner .

Classic "it should have been me"syndrome

I'm 21 and single. Sorry.

You just come over as awfully patronising, in all honesty. I'd say that I do my best to get behind the young players - and indeed the experienced players - during games, but that doesn't mean that I have to pretend to think that they're any good.

He's also young and probably easily effected by outside factors...

we had no one at the club last year to protect him.. the flack he got from the fans, who imo were venting there anger (created by the club as a whole) on him was embarrassing..

judging a young player on last years debacle... now thats also embarrassing.

Your right, this is embarrassing.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

we had no one at the club last year to protect him.. the flack he got from the fans, who imo were venting there anger (created by the club as a whole) on him was embarrassing..

judging a young player on last years debacle... now thats also embarrassing.

Your right, this is embarrassing.

Come on Kenny FFS he is mince.

A lack of confidence doesn't stop you from running fast or getting into positions where you have a chance of scoring.

He couldn't even achieve the basics such as passing and moving.

Come on Kenny FFS he is mince.

A lack of confidence doesn't stop you from running fast or getting into positions where you have a chance of scoring.

He couldn't even achieve the basics such as passing and moving.

Seriously.... I'm not up for judging any player from HMFC on last year. Especially a player who was used by the fans to vent pish due to being unhappy at the way the club was being run.

I believe there's a far better player in Elliot than we seen last season, its just a shame we werent able to see it due to outside factors.

Sheriff Fatman

What outside factors would make a striker forget in which direction the goalmouth was and forget to get within 20 yards of it for weeks on end?

The number of times Elliot stood around twiddling his thumbs, facing in the wrong direction, nearer the half way line than the goal last season was amazing.

It's no wonder our wingers aren't any good at crossing, there wasn't any point practicing for a year as Elliot never bothered his arse to get into the box to recieve them.

What outside factors would make a striker forget in which direction the goalmouth was and forget to get within 20 yards of it for weeks on end?

The number of times Elliot stood around twiddling his thumbs, nearer the half way line than the goal, last season was amazing.

It's no wonder our wingers aren't any good at crossing, there wasn't any point practicing for a year as Elliot never bothered his arse to get into the box to recieve them.

Aye your spot on there wasnt any outside factors that could have effected the players of HMFC last year. I'm wrong.

Sheriff Fatman
Seriously.... I'm not up for judging any player from HMFC on last year. Especially a player who was used by the fans to vent pish due to being unhappy at the way the club was being run.

I believe there's a far better player in Elliot than we seen last season, its just a shame we werent able to see it due to outside factors.

Elliot was just as mince while he was on loan at Motherwell as he was with us. Did we lend them our coaches to keep beating any skill out of him and our fans to boo him into a quivering wreck? Or was it that he is not good enough to play in the SPL and has found his level at Livingston.

Elliot was just as mince while he was on loan at Motherwell as he was with us. Did we lend them our coaches to keep beating any skill out of him and our fans to boo him into a quivering wreck? Or was it that he is not good enough to play in the SPL and has found his level at Livingston.

I'm saying he's a better player than we seen due to the club being a mess.

Would you argue with that?

Sheriff Fatman
I'm saying he's a better player than we seen due to the club being a mess.

Would you argue with that?

Yes, I would argue that he isn't a better player, he has just found a level were the players he comes up against are worse.

Yes, I would argue that he isn't a better player, he has just found a level were the players he comes up against are worse.

Fair enough, if you think playing in front of a support that will rip you for every mistake helps then so be it. Each to there own.

As I said, its not a great way to treat a young player of HMFC is it?

Guest juvehearts

Oh ffs he scoresa few goals in the 1st division.

what does that tell us?

HE HAS FOUND HIS LEVEL.

now mole is next.

saying that IF hearts had a fxxing midfield that could supply to the strikers then?!

who knows.

we still need a goalscorer, but we need a midfield that can supply!

we are missing hartley FACT

Article in EEN This afternoon Clum does not want to come back to HMFC, Says he wants to stay on at Livingstone.

Any Thoughts on this ?:cheer1::cheer1::band::cheers::runaway:

jamboinglasgow

the motherwell loan is not a good one to judge him on. The club sent him off to motherwell before he got a driving liscence and as he lived in edinburgh, every journey to training was very hard and meant he could not gel with the new team well enough.

Archived