Webster ?150k ! - [MERGED THREADS]

12XU

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Likewise...

Answer me this question...

Was Andy Webster first choice centre half for Hearts before his contract negotiations broke down, and did he remain so after?

So he played 1 league game after his alienation by Romanov, hardly 'sweeping and innacurate'.

Yes he was before and no he wasn't after. So what? That wasn't your point. You stated that we didn't play him. We did.

Likewise...

Answer me this question...

Was Andy Webster first choice centre half for Hearts before his contract negotiations broke down, and did he remain so after?

So he played 1 league game after his alienation by Romanov, hardly 'sweeping and innacurate'.

Well he was still earning a wage was he not?

So really a player looking to walk can just demand stupid money or reject a new contract and the club is FORCED to make sure they play every game after or hot sell them and if not face the same Webster ruling backed up by a "they were nasty to me" defence?

Plus that player can just walk whenever, no need to stick to FIFA's own rules.

Nice.

Nucky Thompson
I asked the question at the time and I'll ask it again now. Who was Webster asked to sign for? Hearts or Vlad/Kaunas/UBIG etc etc.

Is this not why he would not renew in the first place?

Anything to get a dig at Vlad:wacko:Who was Craig Gordon asked to sign for when he got his bumper new contract:rolleyes:http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Craigs-Black-Cats-jackpot.3314476.jp

Looks like he got transfered to Sunderland from HEARTS.

Vlad has ruined football.

Maybe this was his cunning plan to win the Champions League, ruin the transfer system so he could pick up the cream of the crop on small fees.

;)

Well he was still earning a wage was he not?

So really a player looking to walk can just demand stupid money or reject a new contract and the club is FORCED to make sure they play every game after or hot sell them and if not face the same Webster ruling backed up by a "they were nasty to me" defence?

Plus that player can just walk whenever, no need to stick to FIFA's own rules.

Nice.

Exactly what I was about to say mate!

This whole "breakdown in trust" thing is laughable.....

Technically, Webster's ousting from the first team coincided with a new manager being put in place, did it not?

Just checked, and Goncalves replaced Webster in the first game after Rix's dismissal. Webster played in every game between Tannadice and then.

That puts a lot of points on this thread out the window.

This is a fXXking outrage.

Don't anyone refer to Webster as Judas. Judas eventually did the honourable thing.

Cv/\t.

We need to think of a truely offensive song in his honour.

Spurs fans have set the benchmark with their song about Campbell.

Players could find ways to instigate a "breakdown in trust" that they could subsequently claim was all the fault of the club. You can be sure that players agents UK-wide will be getting their thinking caps on in this regard.

Whatever give-and-take may have existed between players and clubs might now be shot to hell, as both sides no longer come to trust each other, full stop.

The Old Tolbooth
Vlad has ruined football.

Maybe this was his cunning plan to win the Champions League, ruin the transfer system so he could pick up the cream of the crop on small fees.

;)

Good thinking, expect to see Terry, Lampard, Gerrard, Ronaldinho, Kaka and Cech arrive now before the end of the transfer window.

Nice one Vlad :)

I honestly thought big Andy was winding me up when he text me to tell me ?150k compo!

Talk about bringing the complete transfer system to its knees, this is huge!

Good thinking, expect to see Terry, Lampard, Gerrard, Ronaldinho, Kaka and Cech arrive now before the end of the transfer window.

Nice one Vlad :)

I honestly thought big Andy was winding me up when he text me to tell me ?150k compo!

Talk about bringing the complete transfer system to its knees, this is huge!

You're right. This could have enormous implications, but the B.B.C. lunch-time news did not find it worthy of mention.

Perhaps that's because it involves that remote outpost of their transmission area called Scotland.

For B.B.C. Glasgow substitute "Edinburgh".

We need to think of a truely offensive song in his honour.

Spurs fans have set the benchmark with their song about Campbell.

For those who don't know it, you'll find it in this article:

http://www.spiked-online.com/index.php?/site/article/4234/

If anyone can come up with something more vile, vitriolic and hateful - I salute you.

For those who don't know it, you'll find it in this article:

http://www.spiked-online.com/index.php?/site/article/4234/

If anyone can come up with something more vile, vitriolic and hateful - I salute you.

Sung to the tune of "Lord Of The Dance" if anyone wants to play it through in their head.... The sentiments are awful, but lyrically it's a piece of hate-filled genius, ticking about 3 or 4 pieces of terracing bigotry in one quick ditty :laugh:

WTF!

Don't get this... surely the player and his agent created the breakdown in trust ?

Either way - I sincerely hope Webster's career never recovers and he becomes another Paul Ritchie etc. I don't wish him injuries, just that he never realises his potential.

AWGTF!

This ruling is disguting

Firstly lets not blame the CAS, they are there to apply the laws and the rule does state a years salary which seems to be the basis for the figure so strictly speaking they have done their job

However Fifa are a joke for passing such a decision, for whatever reason they felt it was necessary they have just destroyed world football as big clubs become even more powerful

Decisions like this will no doubt spell administration for a lot of clubs as they lose their hot talents early for peanuts

You're right. This could have enormous implications, but the B.B.C. lunch-time news did not find it worthy of mention.

Perhaps that's because it involves that remote outpost of their transmission area called Scotland.

For B.B.C. Glasgow substitute "Edinburgh".

I think we'll get the measure of the Scotish weegias parochial viewpoint over the next few days, with the redtops and the Sundays in particular weighing in. And of course Dung and co. piling in with their tuppence worth.

We can expect "The end of Andys 2-year hell-spell", "Spidey breaks free from Vlads evil web", "I can't wait to start again" ... and other such guff that will focus on Webster as the heroic victim and Hearts as the ... well as the usual of course...

Batten down the hatches....

tonyHarrison.gif

This is an Outrage!

That is a crackin' post mate. Betcha only half the folks on here get it.

:rofl:

Didn't breakdown in trust start when judas refused to go on tour because we knocked back an offer for him...???

We have been stitched.

He who laughs last, laughs longest Drew.

Vlad's Champion League dreams just inched closer.

*puts the crack pipe down*

WTF!

Don't get this... surely the player and his agent created the breakdown in trust ?

Either way - I sincerely hope Webster's career never recovers and he becomes another Paul Ritchie etc. I don't wish him injuries, just that he never realises his potential.

AWGTF!

Thats kinda what I was thinking..... Surely the breakdown in trust came not as a result of what was going on at hearts, but instead what was going on with Webster / Agent / Rangers at the time???

Therefore i'd see it as PLAYER causing the breakdown in trust and surely therefore adding to the liability.

I P Knightley

And how difficult would it be for a player to claim similar "loss of trust" and follow suit?

Players will win out of this, big clubs won't essentially be affected as they can entice as well as lose, but small clubs are knackered. Their wage levels are small compared to larger clubs so compo for them would be far less than possible transfer fees gained, so it would essentially come down to the integrity of a player and them wanting to see their old club taken care of over their need to make money.

And then we have agents...

This is where I see the main failing in the decision.

They've taken an accountant's view that the initial transfer fee had been amortised whilst stating that 'loss of future earnings' is not relevant.

Well, excuse me, but aren't there countless cases where compo is awarded based on loss of potential unquantified earnings? And with footballers we've got a fair few benchmarks that could be used to claim that lost earnings to HMFC would have been in the region of ?1-2m based on age, experience, remaining term of contract.

This is an appalling decision. It's not only unfair, it's just wrong.

I am absolutely astomished at this decision

It effectively means that small to medium sized clubs who have their starlets on reasonable contracts are screwed

The players can leave WHEN THEY CHOOSE, cite breakdown in working relationship and walk, with their clubs receiving nowt but wage recompense

frightening

Truly frightening

This means that the likes of Robson could just thumb his nose at Dutd and sod off, and fabricate a reason

The only clubs that will be safe are those already paying thier players massive sums

It totally beggars belief

Looks like this is the return of Fifa's brief 'contract unprotected' ruling. This was set out as;

If X player is 27 or under and has 2 years left on his contract or less, the club he will be joining will pay a compensation fee. This fee will be his weekly wage x how many weeks left he has of his contract. If X player is over 28 or over it will 1 year left on his contract or less.

Don't think it was ever used and Fifa pulled it as they could see players worth ?30M going for ?3.2M ect.

Going back to the Webster case this seems to be the ruling used, except we've been shafted on the fee for some reason.

On a side note, is the ****** fit to play tonight? If so, can I start a fund for the first Hearts player to shatter his knee cap. Maybe a youth player, that won't mind the suspension. Bitter? Me? Never.

Sung to the tune of "Lord Of The Dance" if anyone wants to play it through in their head.... The sentiments are awful, but lyrically it's a piece of hate-filled genius, ticking about 3 or 4 pieces of terracing bigotry in one quick ditty :laugh:

As the author (of the article) says:

Deeply unpleasant, yes, but one can?t help but admire the lyrical skill to cram so much filth into such a short verse.

He's right!

pretty poor rulling re the amount.

however both UEFA & FIFA will be a bit perturbed about the possible ramifications for future transfers within the game.

granted CAS are an independent body, but all good lawyers will use this as supporting evidence in any further cases taken to CAS in similar vein.

as for the old huns conspiracy; absolute tosh, are we that small minded to thibk that CAs give a hoot about the hegemony of scottish football

aye right, they woul;dn't deign to even acknowledge that, but suppose it fits in with the OF/GFA conspiracy. againsus and Vlad. :)

Firstly re the breakdown of trust, the club 1) agreed to him staying at home and 2) played him and didnt punish him for it

Therefore we cant really go back and selectively say different

Romanov did ultimatly cause the hassle when he benched him for not signing a new deal and todays decision has proven that costly

As for the compensation point, compensation legally is meant to restore a club to its original position, I dont really see how we have achieved that here as we have lost an asset worth far more, as well as the increased costs involved in sourcing a replacement, also our legal costs

The decision is a farce but romanov is at least partially to blame for this utter farcical ruling being used

If he had just continued to play our best team then sold in the summer we would be far better off on all fronts, except his overinflated ego which I personally dont give a stuff about

rab obanheartsno1

hope the judas b------- playing tonight ,go on nadster break his ****ing leg and i would still boo him of the pich greedy adopted weegie pr---

From Scotsman...

Ruling out compensation based on his possible transfer value, the court said:

"There is no reason to believe that a players' value owes more to training by a club than to a players' own efforts, discipline and natural talent.

"If the approach relied on by Hearts were followed, players should be entitled to claim that they are owed compensation for their alleged decrease in market value caused by such matters as being kept on the bench for too long or having an incompetent trainer."

So they essentially blame Hearts for dropping him and means players are now undroppable. With the crap coach part we could be looking at every player being paid compo :D

But seriously, looks like a player can argue that not being played is detrimental to their career and can walk, meaning clubs will have to play big players no matter their form or risk losing out on transfer fees.

And the club has nothing to do with the development of a player any longer? Is there any point in youth training, development or coaching anymore? Why would a club spend ?m bringing players up through the ranks if it is meaningless and all to do with the players only.

So are we getting ?150K or ?650K plus ?150K......

I'm confused.

?150k...... less legal costs....... so in reality....... diddly squat.

I am absolutely astomished at this decision

It effectively means that small to medium sized clubs who have their starlets on reasonable contracts are screwed

The players can leave WHEN THEY CHOOSE, cite breakdown in working relationship and walk, with their clubs receiving nowt but wage recompense

frightening

Truly frightening

This means that the likes of Robson could just thumb his nose at Dutd and sod off, and fabricate a reason

The only clubs that will be safe are those already paying thier players massive sums

It totally beggars belief

The hobos will be thanking their lucky stars to have recently banked 10 million quid or so, prior to todays decision.

In future, agents will be providing "best advice" to their players to agitate just cleverly enough a year or so from the end of their contract, to precipiatate what could be subsequently seen as a breach of trust should their premature contract termination even make it to court.

Probably best if I don't post it. However, change 'brink of insanity' to 'f'ckin Hun monkey' and Sol, Sol to Andy.

alwaysthereinspirit

Dont want to harp on to much about todays decision because I'm honestly speechless. We paid 75,000 for him, coached him and paid him while helping him become an international. We get 75,000 back the the same day Rankgers sell Hutton for 9 million. Unbelievable.

Dont want to harp on to much about todays decision because I'm honestly speechless. We paid 75,000 for him, coached him and paid him while helping him become an international. We get 75,000 back the the same day Rankgers sell Hutton for 9 million. Unbelievable.

And the other thing is they'll sell Webster in a couple of seasons for ?3m.

Cha-ching.

To Lord of The Dance:

Webster at Greyskull you will be

Counting your stolen money

And I hope you're foud - face down in the sea

You're a Judas ____ with ___

Too much?

To Lord of The Dance:

Too much?

I like it - but change it to Ibrox - Greyskull is where the good guys are!

Exactly.

This stinks to high heaven and if Wigan don't make R@ng*rs pay a sizeable transfer fee then that surely would point towards some sort of inpropriety.

Exactly.

This stinks to high heaven and if Wigan don't make R@ng*rs pay a sizeable transfer fee then that surely would point towards some sort of inpropriety.

True, though they would cite "we'd agreed in advance that whatever compo was due that would be the transfer value" and get out of it.

Guest JamboRobbo

The thing that people forget is that he was going into the last year of his contract anyway. He could've signed for anyone he liked in a year for nothing.

Footballers are human beings with jobs, not slaves owned by football clubs.

This ruling reflects that IMO.

robin_hobosblind

I don't know whether to laugh or cry! :rubeyes:

This is such a crazy decision and I'm utterly speechless, though I anticipate a reaction from Vlad.

Is there anything we can do or is this yet another organisation that has totally screwed over our club in favour of those parasites in the West!!?

I like it - but change it to Ibrox - Greyskull is where the good guys are!

Webster at Ibrox you will be

Counting money you stole from HMFC

And I hope you're found - face down in the sea

Better?

To Lord of The Dance:

Too much?

'Ibrox' for 'Gryskull' ...thats all...

I could see that one being sung by the choir :D

To Lord of The Dance:

Too much?

As Tobias Funke said Greyskull is where the good guys say. I'd change it to Mordor. Aside from that good effort.

Webster at Ibrox you will be

Counting money you stole from HMFC

Better?

Counting your stolen money fits better I think. But the tone of the song is perfect!

Hagar the Horrible

The lack of media representation on this story suggests they are waiting to see who breaks first and to what side they will adopt i.e Webster win historic case to break free from Mad Vlads evis grasp? or Judas Webster Kills off Professional Football as we know it?

It is a bit of a kick in the slats and very dissappointing that once more a wee team is stepped on by a bigger club(s) or authority. We should just plain refuse to play any team that Webster appears in. If that means he is the Rangers team tonight then we out of principal should refuse to play that team. Regardless of the cost, if we stick to our honourable principals rather than submit to underhand (to Rangers via a Wigan smokescreen) tactics then let us suffer the wrath of the authorities and bring it on I say.

This would in my opinion highlight to the footballing world what a crass decision this is.

I dunno what the consequences of effectively going on strike against/ blackballing a team/individual who out of principal has not honoured a contract that was signed by him and Hearts.

A veto of Webster would attract interest.

Archived