Webster ?150k ! - [MERGED THREADS]

12XU

from the Herald.....

Andy Webster will today discover the level of compensation he must pay Hearts for breaking his contract to join Wigan Athletic. Hearts have rated the player at ?5m but the Court of Arbitration for Sport are expected to announce a verdict this morning. Webster is liable to pay the fee but is expected to be refunded by Wigan, or Rangers if they make his loan deal permanent.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply
letsmakesomenoise

According to the Herald

"Andy Webster will today discover the level of compensation he must pay Hearts for breaking his contract to join Wigan Athletic. Hearts have rated the player at ?5m but the Court of Arbitration for Sport are expected to announce a verdict this morning. Webster is liable to pay the fee but is expected to be refunded by Wigan, or Rangers if they make his loan deal permanent"

Rumour has it that if the fee is over ?1m then the huns will walk away from signing him permanently!!

I hope they all get stiffed over massively and we come up trumps!!!

If they make an erse of this compensation it will send out a very big signal to players all across the continent who are in a similar situation to Webster's 2 years ago....

There's no chance we are going to get ?5m, ?4m, or even ?3m. I think ?1m or ?1.5m will be the max.

ArmiyaRomanova
Who has the most Scotland caps?

Webster or Hutton hmmmm?

Interesting point.

Wonder if anyone at Ibrox felt distinctly nervous when ?9m was offered.

Interesting point.

Wonder if anyone at Ibrox felt distinctly nervous when ?9m was offered.

Id doubt it since the hearing was over 3 months ago and the decision has been made, just not released:rolleyes:

If they make an erse of this compensation it will send out a very big signal to players all across the continent who are in a similar situation to Webster's 2 years ago....

There's no chance we are going to get ?5m, ?4m, or even ?3m. I think ?1m or ?1.5m will be the max.

?1m or ?1.5m max would be just dandy.

Or get the freak tied to a pole in gorgie and give us two weeks to visit the site and kick him square in the hee-haws would also suffice.

:mad:

Fine Scottish Wine

I kind of agree, can't see it getting over the 1.5 million mark.

ArmiyaRomanova
Id doubt it since the hearing was over 3 months ago and the decision has been made, just not released:rolleyes:

True... but there should still be some critical comment on the subject.

Hence me using 'nervous' rather than 'bricking it'.

Or get the freak tied to a pole in gorgie and give us two weeks to visit the site and kick him square in the hee-haws would also suffice.

:mad:

I'll say 2 mill but as the cash will be following Sunderland's, straight into a Lithuanian black hole, the above suggestion would be more than adequate.

The Mighty Thor

Hopefully it is a 7 figure sum.

Hopefully Judas Webster gets his dream move and has a miserable time.

we will get 400 thousand tops

I think it will be a lot more than that. The initial figure was ?625,000 and it's hardly likely to have been reduced.

I'll say 2 mill but as the cash will be following Sunderland's, straight into a Lithuanian black hole, the above suggestion would be more than adequate.

Spot on.

A large figure would act as a deterrent to erseholes trying it on in future. But Hearts won't see the cash. It will just appear in UBIGs profit and loss account under 'miscellaneous'.

Colonel Kurtz
Spot on.

A large figure would act as a deterrent to erseholes trying it on in future. But Hearts won't see the cash. It will just appear in UBIGs profit and loss account under 'miscellaneous'.

Possibly but the Murray lickspittles like Jackson will hate it,they {and some on here}mocked Vlad for pursueing the case.

Like in the Cousin case ,The Hun will find out that Ueffa are not the GFA.

the voice from above

It could be quite a handy settlement. We've the support of the bigger teams on this one as they don't want there players to be able to simply walk away after three years. I'm pretty sure that Ronaldinho is entitled to leave barca this summer on the same basis and if the compensation is low for webster it could directly impact on Barca (theoretically)

Also, I think his ****bag agent should be forced to pay the bills on this one, webster, in my opinion, is just an idiot for taking some terrible advice.

If we get a result - to the tune of 'I fought the Law', 'Webster fought Vlad & the Vlad won' for tonight.

Can't see it being under ?1m. The value of Judas when you compare him to Hutton or other defenders sold recently would have to be comparable. If it's far far less then it'll be open season on players walking out on their contracts.

And that's the rub, he left Hearts illegally. 2wk ban for that. So say they give ?500k compo then the big players could just leave tomorrow, next week, whenever, accept a 2wk ban and sign on for their new club with ?10m in the pocket and 10-20% of actual transfer value handed over to the old club.

Essentially player contracts would become worthless overnight. Just can't see that happening as clubs' assets would be removed and banks supplying any finance would become rather shifty, especially in the current credit crunch.

A wrong decision here could destroy the transfer market, and though the SFA would bend over for the hun I can't see FIFA doing that.

?3m is my guess :thumb:

Well, if we do get a sizeable pile of cash, we shouldn't miss this opportunity to rub their (blue) noses in it. I'm thinking waving cash at them as done against Motherwell following the Ravenscraig shutdown!

gogsfaesydney
It could be quite a handy settlement. We've the support of the bigger teams on this one as they don't want there players to be able to simply walk away after three years. I'm pretty sure that Ronaldinho is entitled to leave barca this summer on the same basis and if the compensation is low for webster it could directly impact on Barca (theoretically)

Also, I think his ****bag agent should be forced to pay the bills on this one, webster, in my opinion, is just an idiot for taking some terrible advice.

:):):) good point

I think it will be a lot more than that. The initial figure was ?625,000 and it's hardly likely to have been reduced.

considering the whole thing is based on a restrictive trade contract that is extremely unlikely to be upholdable in a real court off law ill be suprised if any controversal sums are involved

I kind of agree, can't see it getting over the 1.5 million mark.

In the same week that Bolton paid Villa ?5million for a fourth choice centre back with hardly any first team appearanceds and no international caps. I hope we get at least a couple of million for him.

I said this earlier in the week, but the fact he's been injured for so long will count against us if anything. The reason the huns are getting so much for Hutton is because his profile has been raised thanks to his Scotland and Champs League performances. If Webster was in the same position, then the money due would surely only have gone up?

Actually, come to think of it, is this going to be based on a value for him, or to do with the sort of wages he was on at the time of the dummy being spat from the pram?

Can't see it being under ?1m. The value of Judas when you compare him to Hutton or other defenders sold recently would have to be comparable. If it's far far less then it'll be open season on players walking out on their contracts.

And that's the rub, he left Hearts illegally. 2wk ban for that. So say they give ?500k compo then the big players could just leave tomorrow, next week, whenever, accept a 2wk ban and sign on for their new club with ?10m in the pocket and 10-20% of actual transfer value handed over to the old club.

Essentially player contracts would become worthless overnight. Just can't see that happening as clubs' assets would be removed and banks supplying any finance would become rather shifty, especially in the current credit crunch.

A wrong decision here could destroy the transfer market, and though the SFA would bend over for the hun I can't see FIFA doing that.

?3m is my guess :thumb:

I'd agree with that. There's a reason they haven't made their decision public yet and part of me thinks that the silence was just a way of giving them time to consult with the 'big boys' of European football. Or at least the lawyers. This decision is a big one for us, but it's literally HUGE for football as a sport.

But we'll see. They have interesting ways of getting around these things and it wouldn't surprise me at all if they've managed to identify a loophole which allows them to pay us a pittance and not set a precedent for percentages which reflect our compensation. My god...I am turning into such a flippin cynic....this place has corrupted me.

It should also be based on his standing in the game at the time he decided to sh.!t on us, rather than taking account of what has happened to him since, therefore injured or not, it should have no bearing on what we are properly due based on his value at the time.

It should also be based on his standing in the game at the time he decided to sh.!t on us, rather than taking account of what has happened to him since, therefore injured or not, it should have no bearing on what we are properly due based on his value at the time.

So what was his value at the time? Did we not knock back a bid of about 1.1M from the huns?

There is an announcement on tribunal Arbitral du Sport but the link is broken. it leads to some Spanish cyclist !!!! :(

?150k that is all

I said this earlier in the week, but the fact he's been injured for so long will count against us if anything. The reason the huns are getting so much for Hutton is because his profile has been raised thanks to his Scotland and Champs League performances. If Webster was in the same position, then the money due would surely only have gone up?

Actually, come to think of it, is this going to be based on a value for him, or to do with the sort of wages he was on at the time of the dummy being spat from the pram?

It should be based on his value at the time which should relate to the unexpired period of his contract, the fact that he played for a top 2 team in the SPL, the number of caps etc. Account should also be taken of how much similar players with a similar contract length were going for at the time. In addition, there should also be interest payable given that we have had to wait so long for the money.

It has always struck me as very strange that compensation should have anything to do with how much we would have paid AW in wages if he had remained at Hearts. That has nothing to do with it.

There is an announcement on tribunal Arbitral du Sport but the link is broken. it leads to some Spanish cyclist !!!! :(

?150k that is all

Transfers have just been abolished.:eek:

Archived