Heart of Midlothian War Memorial(petition)

tedp6873

Guest Tynie Bubbles

There appears to be a problem with the petition accepting certain domains like hotmail and gmail, however if you put your name followed by @aol.com instead of either of these it seems to get around this glitch.

If there are any flyers or such on Saturday Tom you know where to find a few helping hands mate, just gimme a shout (or text if we're in that more refined establishment around the corner)

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WorldChampions1902
Signed.

(But it looks - according to the EEN today - that the SNP councillors have sorted it.)

Here's the link to the EEN article

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/latestnews/Hearts-war-memorial-will-make.4540534.jp

Whilst this is good news, the article does have the potential to reduce the momentum reached to date as regards the the ongoing protests and questionnairre.

We should not lose sight of the fact that we are dealing with politicians here and not all of them have the best interests of the memorial as one of their priorities.

We need to keep the pressure up and remain vigilant.

Here's the link to the EEN article

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/latestnews/Hearts-war-memorial-will-make.4540534.jp

Whilst this is good news, the article does have the potential to reduce the momentum reached to date as regards the the ongoing protests and questionnairre.

We should not lose sight of the fact that we are dealing with politicians here and not all of them have the best interests of the memorial as one of their priorities.

We need to keep the pressure up and remain vigilant.

Agreed, but it is a clear commitment to which they can be held to. I think it is fair do's to them for coming out so strongly.

Signed.

(But it looks - according to the EEN today - that the SNP councillors have sorted it.)

Update: Lib Dems seem to have other ideas!

It won't let me sign :sad: I've tried my own email address, my hotmail addy and even my old aol addy but i keep getting the blank page up!

Guest S.U.S.S.

As discussed on Sat mate, anything you need gimmi a shout.

Not sure where to start but here goes.

There are a few of us on here who have formed a group to try and get the War memorial at Haymarket to stay in its current location or move it to the Original site, I have started a petition on line and would like everyone to sign this. The reason for this petition is the council want to move the Memorial to Atholl Crescent and we dont think this is an option. Please can this be made a Sticky Mods and also posted into the Shed.

Cheers

Tom

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/HWMAG1916/index.html

• 2 weeks later...

Archived