Heart of Midlothian War Memorial(petition)

tedp6873

Not sure where to start but here goes.

There are a few of us on here who have formed a group to try and get the War memorial at Haymarket to stay in its current location or move it to the Original site, I have started a petition on line and would like everyone to sign this. The reason for this petition is the council want to move the Memorial to Atholl Crescent and we dont think this is an option. Please can this be made a Sticky Mods and also posted into the Shed.

Cheers

Tom

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/HWMAG1916/index.html

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where is Atholl Crescent?

On the Way to Princess Street along from the current Location. It would be stuck in the Green bit of grass behind some trees, there is always the other thing that the council might pull out the hat saying its not getting put back at all.:eek::eek::eek: and all that will be there is a small plaque.

signed,this could be a long thread!!!:)

Let's hope so.

If any of you fancy helping a wee bit, please feel free to carry a link to the petition in your signature. Or anywhere else for that matter. :)

Signed.

If you dont mind I will post it in another forum as well to get as much support as poss. Ive already passed it round on e-mail too.

Signed.

If you dont mind I will post it in another forum as well to get as much support as poss. Ive already passed it round on e-mail too.

All efforts very welcome, feel free to send/post it wherever you think there might be people who would want to sign it. :)

Son Of Anarchy

We really need as many to sign as possible folks so send the link to as many paople as you can,friends/other forums/workmates etc etc. This memorial is so important and under no circumstances will we EVER allow the council muppets (no disrespect to gonzo,kermit an Co) to move it or just have a mere plaque.Let the fight begin :)

Can people please feel free to copy & paste the link to the petition & send it to as many people as possible in your personal email address book.

The more signatures the better.

Say What Again

Am I the only one being asked (forced) to make a donation to Paypal before I can proceed?

I have to choose an amount, $0 isn't an option.

Anyone else?

Am I the only one being asked (forced) to make a donation to Paypal before I can proceed?

Anyone else?

You should get an option (which you ignore) to donate to 'ipetitions' when you see the page which says your signature is now registered.??

Be clear..................DO NOT MAKE ANY DONATION TO THIS!!!!

portobellojambo1

Anyone else?

It asks everyone to make a donation, you do not have to do so, as soon as you press submit on the front page your name is added to the petition. You can then just close the tab if you wish.

Say What Again
You should get an option (which you ignore) to donate to 'ipetitions' when you see the page which says your signature is now registered.??

It takes me from the 'name/email/comments page' straight to the donations page as soon as I hit the 'submit petition' button.

I get no screen saying my signature was registered :sad:

Oh well, I hope I've signed it. :(

It takes me from the 'name/email/comments page' straight to the donations page as soon as I hit the 'submit petition' button.

I get no screen saying my signature was registered :sad:

Oh well, I hope I've signed it. :(

Your signature has been recorded.

Please help support iPetitions

That's what I got when I signed so I presume your name has been added.

Your signature has been recorded.

Please help support iPetitions

That's what I got when I signed so I presume your name has been added.

If you go to the tab at the top - 'signatures', you should see yours recorded.

signed,this could be a long thread!!!:)

You would hope so, especially with 811 members being logged on at this time and throughout most of the day, yet only 160 signatures and a lot of them are probably from outside JKB.

Early days i know.

Okay dokey folks, we need someone with an outlet on .net to go in and save the thread on there.

Some are objecting to it being called 'The Heart of Midlothian War Memorial' and are focusing on this instead of the issue at hand.

I've previously been emptied from there so cant help.

Maybe the club could help promote the campaign - in the matchday programmes or give fliers out at the turnstiles? Who would be the best person to contact regarding this?

Maybe the club could help promote the campaign - in the matchday programmes or give fliers out at the turnstiles? Who would be the best person to contact regarding this?

There is a pressure group which has just been set up which is urgently exploring all areas in relation to what you suggested.

Look out for much more of this in the coming weeks.

You would hope so, especially with 811 members being logged on at this time and throughout most of the day, yet only 160 signatures and a lot of them are probably from outside JKB.

Early days i know.

I don't think people notice stickies....

Wonder if the mods would let me away with starting a new thread on the terrace with a link to this one in it?

For example, this thread has had 252 views...the thread entitled 'This Messageboard' was started less than an hour ago and already has over 350 views. There's over 1100 people online right now too.

Signed with a 2 dollar donation cos couldnt work out how not to pay. looks like Ive signed it twice oops :)

Signed with a 2 dollar donation cos couldnt work out how not to pay. looks like Ive signed it twice oops :)

Thats how they get you.:D

Just click on the signatures tab at the top, or close the window. Your signature has been added before that anyway.

Thats how they get you.:D

Just click on the signatures tab at the top, or close the window. Your signature has been added before that anyway.

yeah its been a long day and my wits are far far away! Still could have cost me more :eek:

I think there needs to be a mention on the first page about the payment thing and how to get rid of it, it's turning out to be a bit of a pain in the bum.

scott herbertson
I think there needs to be a mention on the first page about the payment thing and how to get rid of it, it's turning out to be a bit of a pain in the bum.

agreed - it's not a great petition site (but I've signed - twice in trying to retrack to avoid paying $10 to I petitions)

agreed - it's not a great petition site (but I've signed - twice in trying to retrack to avoid paying $10 to I petitions)

Think tedp has it sorted...or will do soon anyway. ;)

Okay dokey folks, we need someone with an outlet on .net to go in and save the thread on there.

Some are objecting to it being called 'The Heart of Midlothian War Memorial' and are focusing on this instead of the issue at hand.

I've previously been emptied from there so cant help.

Jack Alexander is fighting a losing battle over there just now.

We Are The People. A lot of Rangers fans come out with it.

Edit: Just popped over to Follow Follow and it seems a lot of Rangers fans are signing it too, so that explains the WATP tags.

Excuse my ignorance, but there is a few comments on the petition that say 'WATP' .

What does that stand for?

Gambo, where is the thread on jnet? I can't see it at all...

Archived