Heart of Midlothian War Memorial(petition)

tedp6873

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
By .net i meant hibs.net.

And some over there are really really struggling to get their heads around the issue.................they refuse to look past the Hearts connection.:mad:

And some over there are really really struggling to get their heads around the issue.................they refuse to look past the Hearts connection.:mad:

Exactly, just been over there and sadly that is the case. There are some, to give them their due, who are trying to rise above the petty point-scoring, but some are taking the "I won't sign anything which mentions Hearts" tack. Sad....but hardly unexpected from some of that lot. Credit to those of them who have seen past all that though.

Tbf, there would be people on here that would churn out the same nonsense if the shoe were on the other foot. The internet doesn't discriminate when it comes to stupidity or ignorance.

Tbf, there would be people on here that would churn out the same nonsense if the shoe were on the other foot. The internet doesn't discriminate when it comes to stupidity or ignorance.

Jack's made 2 posts and not been 'launched' yet .............must be a dot-net record for a Yam surely :P

Jack's made 2 posts and not been 'launched' yet .............must be a dot-net record for a Yam surely :P

Actually, no - you'd be surprised that there are quite a few "flying under the radar" as it were who haven't been "outed" as yams yet!

It's not too difficult to figure out who the Jambos are. There's one in particular that's currently arguing the toss with that ***** Degenerated & co.

That's what I was thinking. The good thing is that there are always some who see the bigger picture and realise that it's really nothing to do with rivalries, likes or dislikes. If I could post there, I'd say as much...mind you, that would probably only rile the less supportive types even more.

That's what I was thinking. The good thing is that there are always some who see the bigger picture and realise that it's really nothing to do with rivalries, likes or dislikes. If I could post there, I'd say as much...mind you, that would probably only rile the less supportive types even more.

What you're saying has already been pointed out to them, red. This shouldn't be about the football, but the bigger picture, as you say. Supporters on both sides should be able to put the other issues to the one side over something like this.

Commander Harris
We Are The People. A lot of Rangers fans come out with it.

Edit: Just popped over to Follow Follow and it seems a lot of Rangers fans are signing it too, so that explains the WATP tags.

from Follow Follow:

Hearts petition please read and sign

They are trying to move the war memorial for the Hearts team who gave all in the Great War. The Memorial has stood in The Haymarket for decades and is the focal point of the annual Remembrance service which remembers the sacrifice of not just Hertz players; but all who gave so much for our liberty.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/HWMAG1916/index.html

I reckon lads and lasses we should sign this and a few WATP on the comments would let them know where we side on this issue

Lest we forget

Cheers

B_H

Good to see supporters of other clubs supporting this cause.

from Follow Follow:

Good to see supporters of other clubs supporting this cause.

Yup. There's a good few Hibbies, and I know there's also a spattering of Dundee Utd, Aberdeen and Killie too.

Good effort from all of them.

It's a shame.

Had they came over here asking for a signature to preserve a Hibernian War Memorial I WOULD have signed. I wouldn't even try the Hibs, Raith Rovers etc line tbh, it IS a memorial to Hearts players that fell in the war. Unfortunately, some don't want to sign, that is their right and they are perfectly entitled to do as such. Some of the posts are a little naughty though IMO.

Having said that, Hearts fans and players marched to protest at the prospective closure of Hibernian Football Club in the eighties, now all we get are tractor & Tynecastle avatars.:rolleyes:

judetheobscure
What you're saying has already been pointed out to them, red. This shouldn't be about the football, but the bigger picture, as you say. Supporters on both sides should be able to put the other issues to the one side over something like this.

Keep telling them Sue.

judetheobscure
Sue who???? :confused:

Are you confusing me with someone else, because you've lost me...

As in Subaru, apologies if I misread thread.

Some people who have got from other forums etc are having problems signing the petition. Their details are entered and then when "Sign Petition" is clicked, the next page is blank and they havent signed it. Is it a general problem or is it a problem with Hotmail addys? (Or is it because he is Celtic fan?!:P)

Ive managed to get a few and quite a number of fans from other teams including Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen and Motherwell.

Son Of Anarchy

Other forums is a great way forward, but the "cause" must be explained properly. Ive had about 25 members sign it so far from my bike forum.Great guys,loadsa ex forces etc and were more than willing to sign once they understood what the fight was about.

Some people who have got from other forums etc are having problems signing the petition. Their details are entered and then when "Sign Petition" is clicked, the next page is blank and they havent signed it. Is it a general problem or is it a problem with Hotmail addys? (Or is it because he is Celtic fan?!:P)

Happened to me when I tried last night - twice. I've not got a hotmail addy :cool:

JAMBOn_et_fromage
Happened to me when I tried last night - twice. I've not got a hotmail addy :cool:

Same here, tried umpteen times but can't sign. Tried Firefox and IE just in case it's a browser issue but still no joy. :(

Some people who have got from other forums etc are having problems signing the petition. Their details are entered and then when "Sign Petition" is clicked, the next page is blank and they havent signed it. Is it a general problem or is it a problem with Hotmail addys?

Still happening for me. :(

No matter what people may think of the Rangers fans, their support for this cause has been nothing short of extraordinary. They've being signing en masse, so credit where it's due.

Let the ****** get his jollies, probably doesn't realise he's put another name on the list

Has he ever been to Haymarket?

That Tesco will be ENORMOUS!

Tried to put it on another forum.

Not sure how accurate my spiel is, but I think it conveys roughly the points. Its in the link anyway.

Hopefully that adds one or two more signatures to it.:o

Archived