Hearts Passion v Other Fans

Guest Fabuloso

Guest Fabuloso

I don't post on kickback very often however got thinking lately when watching all the shenanigans down south at Newcastle. Look at the reaction of the fans when Keegan got sacked. They went ballistic, marching, demonstrating, boycotting, etc. The same happened at Liverpool with their ownership issues. The fans marched all the way to Anfield in a show of unity to stand up for what they believed in. Man City were the latest club in crisis (although what happened since is unbelievable - but dangerous).

My point is this:

Hearts have been through a hell of a lot worse over the past few years however the reaction of fans has been mild in comparison - why? Do we care less? If this was happening at Liverpool....well, I'd hate to think. Are we now immune to the crazyness of our situation?

And what did any of them achieve? Absolutely Hee Haw.

There are ways and means of exerting influence. Hysterical reaction

without knowing the facts ain't will achieve nothing.

oh - one more point, haven't seen too many open top buses down Maine Road way or in the Big Market. Maybe they have more to moan about???????

Guest Fabuloso
...we're used to it that's why!

Maybe but surely we weren't when the Burley, Anderton, Faulkes, Rix, Elvis, Hartley, Gordon, Webster issues kicked off?

Maybe but surely we weren't when the Burley, Anderton, Faulkes, Rix, Elvis, Hartley, Gordon, Webster issues kicked off?

Another imposter on the wind up.

:eek:

Guest Fabuloso
And what did any of them achieve? Absolutely Hee Haw.

There are ways and means of exerting influence. Hysterical reaction

without knowing the facts ain't will achieve nothing.

What do you suggest in that case? People keep saying things about knowing 'facts'. I know I have an issue trusting the owner based on his actions - surely this counts for something. In reality fans have little influence unless they make a noise or vot with their feet.

Now I remember why I don't post very often. No criticism allowed. Isn't democracy fantastic!

Its his democratic right to call you a dirty hobo wind up merchant.

Now I remember why I don't post very often. No criticism allowed. Isn't democracy fantastic!

May I ask how come you joined JKB in August just as 5000 fans gave up their STs?

Was it Csaba's arrival? If so where were you before and do you remember all the hubbub on here about Burley, Rix, Elvis etc?

It's always been the case. 50 years ago it was local wide'os lining their pockets. Now it's East European wide'os or fat cat corporations running clubs without a blind bit of regard for the ordinary fan. Only IMHO, but the best way to influence the club is by lobbying via some sort of fans representative and making the outcome transparent. Match day protests and media grabbing stunts only play into the hands of those parasites -oops sorry, journo's who make their money out of twisting rumour, innuendo and half truths.

It's always been the case. 50 years ago it was local wide'os lining their pockets. Now it's East European wide'os or fat cat corporations running clubs without a blind bit of regard for the ordinary fan. Only IMHO, but the best way to influence the club is by lobbying via some sort of fans representative and making the outcome transparent. Match day protests and media grabbing stunts only play into the hands of those parasites -oops sorry, journo's who make their money out of twisting rumour, innuendo and half truths.

Very true. Even in those days Celtic and Rangers still had bigger crowds than us but our gates were exceptional at times too, and on a regular basis.

Hearts thought the Baulds and Conns grew on trees and we wouldn`t have to re-invest. I know money wasn`t as big a thing then transfer wise but the money was pocketed then and IMO was a big part in Hearts demise as a genuine contender for titles in the years after.

Guest Fabuloso
May I ask how come you joined JKB in August just as 5000 fans gave up their STs?

Was it Csaba's arrival? If so where were you before and do you remember all the hubbub on here about Burley, Rix, Elvis etc?

OK Mr Spellczech. There's a temptation to engage in your banter to a degree however you asked a question and I'll give you an honest answer.

Firstly, at the risk of incurring the 'wrath' of your friends, I gave up my season ticket for Section N after almost 19yrs at the end of last season. I won't be back until the current owner has gone.

The reason I am now on KB is that I wanted to keep up to date with the fans viewpoints - rightly or wrongly. FYI - I remember logging into KB 5 years ago and I recognise your 'handle' therefore call me a 'hobo' however you'd be very wrong.

I think it's because we support the club and that is where the loyalty majorly lies rather than people who come and go.

For example Newcastle fan's actions in support of Keegan are actually detrimental to the players on the pitch where it has built up into the situation where it appears Keegan is bigger than the club, IMO Hearts fans would never raise anybody into that position

If a situation arose where there was a genuine risk of the club ceasing to exist i.e. Pieman era then you would see more from the fans

OK Mr Spellczech. There's a temptation to engage in your banter to a degree however you asked a question and I'll give you an honest answer.

Firstly, at the risk of incurring the 'wrath' of your friends, I gave up my season ticket for Section N after almost 19yrs at the end of last season. I won't be back until the current owner has gone.

The reason I am now on KB is that I wanted to keep up to date with the fans viewpoints - rightly or wrongly. FYI - I remember logging into KB 5 years ago and I recognise your 'handle' therefore call me a 'hobo' however you'd be very wrong.

CONVIENTLY THIS ONE HAS PREVIOUS SEASON TICKET...IN SECTION N!!!

TO MAKE IT EVEN MORE AUTHENTIC

Guest Fabuloso
I think it's because we support the club and that is where the loyalty majorly lies rather than people who come and go.

For example Newcastle fan's actions in support of Keegan are actually detrimental to the players on the pitch where it has built up into the situation where it appears Keegan is bigger than the club, IMO Hearts fans would never raise anybody into that position

If a situation arose where there was a genuine risk of the club ceasing to exist i.e. Pieman era then you would see more from the fans

Good points - at last. Thanks. Do you think it would take a 'moving to murrayfield' type scenario to get people active? I think people are a bit punch-drunk and therefore less inclined to react like they did with Robinson.

To the OP. Anyone who claims to have been reading JKB for 5 years (yet somehow has only registered in the last month and has posted less than 10 times :confused: ) should know that starting a thread casting aspertions on the passion of Hearts fans will result in only one outcome...... :hobofish:

Guest Fabuloso
To the OP. Anyone who claims to have been reading JKB for 5 years (yet somehow has only registered in the last month and has posted less than 10 times :confused: ) should know that starting a thread casting aspertions on the passion of Hearts fans will result in only one outcome...... :hobofish:

I didn't claim that my friend. I said 5 years ago I used to log into KB. Is that a crime? Sorry it's not been my life for the intervening 4 years! Perhaps it's been yours!

Guest Fabuloso

It worked with Mike Ashley though didn't it? He's looking to sell after the fans revolt.

I don't care if the guy is a Hibs fan or not but I wouldn't read anything into his low post count. I know a few people who come on here a lot but hardly ever post. Also, there's been previous verisions of Kickback so it is possible for him to have been a member at some stage before now.

Not interested in calling you a Hobo - merely offering you the oppo to introduce yourself.

Noticed the Toon fans didn't turn up tonight, but they'll be back on Saturday. Does that and your explanation above not mean that it is your own passion that you are questioning rather than that of the Hearts support as a whole? After all most of us who can, also still go to support the team, regardless of the owner's shenanigans...

It worked with Mike Ashley though didn't it? He's looking to sell after the fans revolt.

He's not a mad Russian who can stay completely out the firing line as and when he pleases.

And i reckon you're a hobo on the windup. Why should we do anything, the wages problem is as stated, a technical hitch. No problemo thankfully.

As Scottish fans go Hearts fans are right up there with the most passionate and Tynie has rightfully been regularly referred to as the most atmospheric in Scotland outwith Parkhead by most within football. We're certainly a great deal more passionate than our lower class rivals doon Leith way.

:107years:

He is proving to be remarkably thin-skinned for a football club owner - until you notice that he wants a 300% profit...Now that would be a remarkable ROI for a football club if he got that, and better still he can pretend he is being forced to sell.

Good points - at last. Thanks. Do you think it would take a 'moving to murrayfield' type scenario to get people active? I think people are a bit punch-drunk and therefore less inclined to react like they did with Robinson.

I'll give you the benefit of doubt seeing as your grammer is beyond Primary 1 level therefore making it unlikely that you're a Hobo :P

As for your last point, in my opinion prior to all the shenanigans of the past week despite people's unhappiness at how the club is run there were no major concerns about the long term future of the club despite the debt we have accumulated. If we ended up in a similar situation as to the Murrayfield move where there was some half arsed scheme to solve issues in the short term but with the future of the club at risk in the long term then that is when you will see action taken and not because the Messiah has been screwed over or because some Yank has taken over the club

ps :107years::hobofish::107years:

FTH

I think the difference is that our support has been and is split when it comes to Romanov. Whereas Newcastle and Liverpool fans seemed to all agree that they wanted rid of their owners.

Commander Harris
I don't post on kickback very often however got thinking lately when watching all the shenanigans down south at Newcastle. Look at the reaction of the fans when Keegan got sacked. They went ballistic, marching, demonstrating, boycotting, etc. The same happened at Liverpool with their ownership issues. The fans marched all the way to Anfield in a show of unity to stand up for what they believed in. Man City were the latest club in crisis (although what happened since is unbelievable - but dangerous).

My point is this:

Hearts have been through a hell of a lot worse over the past few years however the reaction of fans has been mild in comparison - why? Do we care less? If this was happening at Liverpool....well, I'd hate to think. Are we now immune to the crazyness of our situation?

I seem to remember going on a march with thousands and thousands of fellow Hearts fans? :confused:

Guest Fabuloso
Not interested in calling you a Hobo - merely offering you the oppo to introduce yourself.

Noticed the Toon fans didn't turn up tonight, but they'll be back on Saturday. Does that and your explanation above not mean that it is your own passion that you are questioning rather than that of the Hearts support as a whole? After all most of us who can, also still go to support the team, regardless of the owner's shenanigans...

Cool. I understand your point. Supporting the team whatever happens is commendable and that's what fans do. My issue is that I was watching a team which was playing badly for all the wrong reasons. I've seen worse Hearts teams down the years (much worse for that matter) however you knew the players picked were picked for the right reasons. The owner's medalling has been discussed at length and I don't want to kick that one off again but for me that's just too hard to handle. I now watch amatuer football on a Saturday which is cack however at least I know where I stand.

Most of us here have jobs so we cant spend all our days sitting around outside football grounds ala Huns/Tics/Spewcastle/Man Spu/Liverpoo etc

I seem to remember going on a march with thousands and thousands of fellow Hearts fans? :confused:

Pretty sure i remember that too. We also had other rallies and numerous mass protests behind the old stand.

The OP is clearly on the wind up if you ask me. A literate hobo is still a hobo.

:hobofish:

To the original poster,we as Hearts fans got rid of the likes of Bobby Parker away back by pressure from us fans IMO.That was a different scenario as we wouldn't be left picking up the pieces like we would be today.

I can't stand this lunatic in charge of our club and I'm sure that goes for a far bigger percentage of us. I just feel his crazy antics are slowly draining out the passion from a lot of us and it is being accepted rather too easily. I'd love there to be another option for us to get rid of this regime of incompetence once and for all but right now there doesn't seem to be an alternative.If there was though I'm sure there would be a few of us down at Tynie throwing all his puppets head first out the door!!:mad:

Guest Fabuloso
Most of us here have jobs so we cant spend all our days sitting around outside football grounds ala Huns/Tics/Spewcastle/Man Spu/Liverpoo etc

That's a very good point well made! Nice one

Guest Fabuloso
To the original poster,we as Hearts fans got rid of the likes of Bobby Parker away back by pressure from us fans IMO.That was a different scenario as we wouldn't be left picking up the pieces like we would be today.

I can't stand this lunatic in charge of our club and I'm sure that goes for a far bigger percentage of us. I just feel his crazy antics are slowly draining out the passion from a lot of us and it is being accepted rather too easily. I'd love there to be another option for us to get rid of this regime of incompetence once and for all but right now there doesn't seem to be an alternative.If there was though I'm sure there would be a few of us down at Tynie throwing all his puppets head first out the door!!:mad:

I hear you my friend. My opinion is that Hearts will always exists in some shape or form. We won't cease to exist - no chance.

That's a very good point well made! Nice one

To put it another way- after 2 years of being ****ed around and **** all over we still have the 3rd highest average attendances in the SPL, and we haven't played either of the OF, Hibs or the sheep at home yet. I'm certain come the end of the season we'll still have the 3rd highest average attendances.

That takes passion.

I don't care if the guy is a Hibs fan or not but I wouldn't read anything into his low post count. I know a few people who come on here a lot but hardly ever post. Also, there's been previous verisions of Kickback so it is possible for him to have been a member at some stage before now.

You've missed my point a wee bit. I know lots of people too, who come on for a nosey but hardly ever post. The difference is they know by reading JKB regularly the typical reaction to this sort of thread, especially when (rightly or wrongly) its started by a new member/low poster (and TBF 9 times out of 10 it is a Hobo on the wind-up).

Guest Fabuloso
Pretty sure i remember that too. We also had other rallies and numerous mass protests behind the old stand.

The OP is clearly on the wind up if you ask me. A literate hobo is still a hobo.

:hobofish:

I remember the 'protests' however they were fairly tame. I love the fact you made an earlier comment about a 'hobo' and your clinging to it. You just won't let it go will you! If it makes you happy then yes, you got me, I'm clearly a supporter of hibernian football club. Well done Columbo.

Cool. I understand your point. Supporting the team whatever happens is commendable and that's what fans do. My issue is that I was watching a team which was playing badly for all the wrong reasons. I've seen worse Hearts teams down the years (much worse for that matter) however you knew the players picked were picked for the right reasons. The owner's medalling has been discussed at length and I don't want to kick that one off again but for me that's just too hard to handle. I now watch amatuer football on a Saturday which is cack however at least I know where I stand.

alone on a windswept field somewhere trying to avoid the doggy pooh? LOL

Things haven't been nearly so bad this season. Formation is weak but there is logic in Csaba's leadership. We do lack strikepower yet are scoring goals - it is a bit weird TBH. Far better fare than last year though IMO and the players are noticeably trying harder. You should return, and give Csaba a chance.

My understanding is that Ashley was already looking to sell. Press reports suggest that he is looking to make a profit on his investment. Will be interesting to see if Newcastle's new owners -

a) re-appoint Keegan and give him a huge transfer budget, with total control over who stays and who goes (or indeed appoint another manager with total control);

B) borrow a lot of cash to buy out Ashley and load the debt on to the club, like Man U and Liverpool's owners.

Of all fans we should know that you should be careful what you wish for :sad:

Commander Harris
I remember the 'protests' however they were fairly tame. I love the fact you made an earlier comment about a 'hobo' and your clinging to it. You just won't let it go will you! If it makes you happy then yes, you got me, I'm clearly a supporter of hibernian football club. Well done Columbo.

define "tame" please.

also, why do you think those protests weren't protests, as implied by your use of inverted commas?

I just don't believe what you say. You sign up last month and first thread is questioning the passion of your 'fellow' Hearts fans. If you are in fact a serious Jambo who is still posting on here in months too come then come back to me and ill apologise.

If not, then you support a team who have forever been in the shadow of their more illustrious, better supported rivals. You will also have never seen your side win the Scottish Cup. Ah well.

Either way i won't lose sleep.

Jambo, Goodbye

It's because we know we have no realistic alternative what-so-ever.

Clubs in England are more more self sufficient than we are

Guest Fabuloso
alone on a windswept field somewhere trying to avoid the doggy pooh? LOL

Things haven't been nearly so bad this season. Formation is weak but there is logic in Csaba's leadership. We do lack strikepower yet are scoring goals - it is a bit weird TBH. Far better fare than last year though IMO and the players are noticeably trying harder. You should return, and give Csaba a chance.

To be fair I've heard the team are doing much better. Michael Stewart in particular. I've given Hearts too many last chances lately (the last one cost me almost ?300) and by some of the posts on here I'd probably be better off in a cold field! Seriously, I find it cyclical in that something good happens but it's often offset by something bad - not driven by the players I hasten to add. That gets to me.

You've missed my point a wee bit. I know lots of people too, who come on for a nosey but hardly ever post. The difference is they know by reading JKB regularly the typical reaction to this sort of thread, especially when (rightly or wrongly) its started by a new member/low poster (and TBF 9 times out of 10 it is a Hobo on the wind-up).

Yeah sorry, I see what you mean-if he did read this site regularly then he would not be shocked by this type of reaction.

Having said that, surely people realise that if the guy is actually a "Hobo" then he will no doubt be delighted that people are getting wound up and responding with :hobofish:

Ignore the people who are on the wind-up and they will go away.

Agree with all of that. I also think a lot of folk have 'protest fatigue' after the Pieman years :(

Agree with all of that. I also think a lot of folk have 'protest fatigue' after the Pieman years :(

Agreed. I think a lot of fans don't see the point in protesting to a figure who won't even be at the game we're protesting at.

Anyway things are looking up on the pitch, why would we protest!?

Guest Fabuloso
Yeah sorry, I see what you mean-if he did read this site regularly then he would not be shocked by this type of reaction.

Having said that, surely people realise that if the guy is actually a "Hobo" then he will no doubt be delighted that people are getting wound up and responding with :hobofish:

Ignore the people who are on the wind-up and they will go away.

I woudn't say I was 'shocked' by your reaction. Slightly bored perhaps.

To be fair I've heard the team are doing much better. Michael Stewart in particular. I've given Hearts too many last chances lately (the last one cost me almost ?300) and by some of the posts on here I'd probably be better off in a cold field! Seriously, I find it cyclical in that something good happens but it's often offset by something bad - not driven by the players I hasten to add. That gets to me.

It's what happens ON the pitch that we pay for and thus in the end it is all that matters. The rest is just men's substitute for soap operas...

Surely if we have a manager now and he has the team trying and moreover winning, even if just by the odd goal then that is a massive improvement on last year and worthy of a rethink?

I woudn't say I was 'shocked' by your reaction. Slightly bored perhaps.

The 'oh so much more passionate' Geordie fans had approx 20000 fans at their game tonight. Bit down from the usual 52000.

Archived