Hearts Passion v Other Fans

Guest Fabuloso

Firstly, at the risk of incurring the 'wrath' of your friends, I gave up my season ticket for Section N after almost 19yrs at the end of last season. I won't be back until the current owner has gone.

I thought Section N had only been opened up for season tickets since 2001?

Buffalo Bill

Guest Fabuloso
It's what happens ON the pitch that we pay for and thus in the end it is all that matters. The rest is just men's substitute for soap operas...

Surely if we have a manager now and he has the team trying and moreover winning, even if just by the odd goal then that is a massive improvement on last year and worthy of a rethink?

I hear you. Believe me the winning aspect is low down on my list of must-haves. I've made a decision and sticking with it based on principal.

Anyhow good to have a sensible debate. Cheers.

I hear you. Believe me the winning aspect is low down on my list of must-haves. I've made a decision and sticking with it based on principal.

No probs, but I think I was right that it is your own passion that has gone, not the rest of ours...

Yep winnings well down the list of must-haves in football.:eek::eek:

As long as you play with flair, regardless of losing more often than not, you'll be happy right?!

Guest Fabuloso
I thought Section N had only been opened up for season tickets since 2001?

Buffalo Bill

Thanks for your constructive comments.

Salvatore's Tash

I was at Liverpool versus Man Utd game and those Liverpool fans put any outfit to shame on passion and support. United scored and within 10 secs the Liverpool fans were singing and didnt stop!! Amazing to see, if only we were like that!!

We as a group seem way more critical too. At Anfield Aurelio was playing poorly there was a couple of groans but nobody shouting that the man was an 'arse and should feck off home.'

Guest Fabuloso
Yep winnings well down the list of must-haves in football.:eek::eek:

As long as you play with flair, regardless of losing more often than not, you'll be happy right?!

Are you condoning glory hunting?? You really are a confused sort aren't you!

Thanks for your constructive comments.

Well he's rightly questioning your claims of being a Hearts ST holder. Your non-answering is less constructive is it not?

:107years:

Guest Fabuloso
No probs, but I think I was right that it is your own passion that has gone, not the rest of ours...

You may be right SC however I speak for many..

Good luck this season.

I was at Liverpool versus Man Utd game and those Liverpool fans put any outfit to shame on passion and support. United scored and within 10 secs the Liverpool fans were singing and didnt stop!! Amazing to see, if only we were like that!!

We as a group seem way more critical too. At Anfield Aurelio was playing poorly there was a couple of groans but nobody shouting that the man was an 'arse and should feck off home.'

In all fairness thats a derby match, in the same situation we try and sing them down too as an act of defiance "Aye you've score who give a **** we're still gonna hammer you"

Are you condoning glory hunting?? You really are a confused sort aren't you!

hahahaha oh dear. You really are trying hard aren't you. Winning is quite important in football last time i checked. Unless you have wee team mentallity.

I've been a Hearts ST holder since i was 5. In a part of the ground that has actually been open to ST's when i say it was. Hardly a glory hunter.

But i don't mind the odd glory hunter. It means my football team are doing well. Its amazing what winning can do. I remember when the wee team were relegated the year we won the BIG cup-the next season they had the highest average attendances they'd had in donkeys as they were winning every week.

Winning football teams attract glory hunters. Bothered.

You may be right SC however I speak for many..

Good luck this season.

Strange way to speak, why would a Hearts fan wish another Hearts fan luck for the season?

Might just be me but I can't imagine myself wishing another Hearts fan luck like that, just seems weird

Is it just me has there been a gradual increase in the amount of poor threads on Kickback over the last couple of years?

There must have been a time when I enjoyed coming on here but now I do it out of habit more than anything else.

Guest Fabuloso
Well he's rightly questioning your claims of being a Hearts ST holder. Your non-answering is less constructive is it not?

OK - I started a thread to prompt a debate about passion - not to defend my credentials for supporting Hearts or to prove myself to the KB police. My opinion is that some posters cannot accept different opinions to their own and shout 'hobo' at the earliest opportunity.

If it helps, a previous poster, it may have been you, suggested that if I was a regular I would realise the feedback would be poor. I have to concede I now understand this point.

Geoff Kilpatrick
OK - I started a thread to prompt a debate about passion - not to defend my credentials for supporting Hearts or to prove myself to the KB police. My opinion is that some posters cannot accept different opinions to their own and shout 'hobo' at the earliest opportunity.

If it helps, a previous poster, it may have been you, suggested that if I was a regular I would realise the feedback would be poor. I have to concede I now understand this point.

How would you have liked this 'passion' to have been displayed? For Hearts fans to act like those idiot Geordies? May I suggest that you were looking for cheap headlines in true lazy journalism fashion?

Guest Fabuloso
Strange way to speak, why would a Hearts fan wish another Hearts fan luck for the season?

Might just be me but I can't imagine myself wishing another Hearts fan luck like that, just seems weird

Fair point - my English was poor. I should have added 'at Tynecastle' to clarify. This is like an exam!

Agreed. I think a lot of fans don't see the point in protesting to a figure who won't even be at the game we're protesting at.

Anyway things are looking up on the pitch, why would we protest!?

Believe me, I'll be delighted if we get to Xmas without having something that we want to protest about. While I'm not a fan of the man, I can relate to Eric Milligan's quote in the EN where he talks about picking up the paper every day, and worrying about what he might read!

Guest Fabuloso
Is it just me has there been a gradual increase in the amount of poor threads on Kickback over the last couple of years?

There must have been a time when I enjoyed coming on here but now I do it out of habit more than anything else.

Go for a ham shank then. You'll probably have more fun (albeit for a shorter time). See you in two!

I don't normally shout hobo early on, but a substantial number of your posts wreak of hoboness. The stench is deadly.

But i cant stay up and argue all night, some of us have work in the morning. My time on this thread is done, catch you on the 19th.

Go for a ham shank then. You'll probably have more fun (albeit for a shorter time). See you in two!

What I find odd is that twice you've had a go at me even though my first post on this thread defended you.

I wasn't even having a go at you particularly with that last post. What's happened generally is that practically every thread (regardless of content) turns into some massive argument.

Everything has got very repetitive and it looks like people have run out of new things to say so it is now a constant argument about Vlad etc.

Fair point - my English was poor. I should have added 'at Tynecastle' to clarify. This is like an exam!

It is, you have until your 50th post to prove you're a Jambo or forever be tarred as a Hobo

Do you not read the rules? :P

FTH :107years:

Guest Fabuloso
What I find odd is that twice you've had a go at me even though my first post on this thread defended you.

I wasn't even having a go at you particularly with that last post. What's happened generally is that practically every thread (regardless of content) turns into some massive argument.

Everything has got very repetitive and it looks like people have run out of new things to say so it is now a constant argument about Vlad etc.

No offence - I was just having a laugh.

Was it any good?

Guest Fabuloso
It is, you have until your 50th post to prove you're a Jambo or forever be tarred as a Hobo

Do you not read the rules? :P

FTH :107years:

Should have done. OK - my final say on this is that surely no hobo would be familiar with the following:

Walter Kidd vs Davie Cooper

Husref Musemic

Crabbo throwing his jersey to the shed after we'd lost in europe (again)

Just a few golden oldies.

Should have done. OK - my final say on this is that surely no hobo would be familiar with the following:

Walter Kidd vs Davie Cooper

Husref Musemic

Crabbo throwing his jersey to the shed after we'd lost in europe (again)

Just a few golden oldies.

The B'stards should be familiar with that guy :)

To be fair I've heard the team are doing much better. Michael Stewart in particular. I've given Hearts too many last chances lately (the last one cost me almost ?300) and by some of the posts on here I'd probably be better off in a cold field! Seriously, I find it cyclical in that something good happens but it's often offset by something bad - not driven by the players I hasten to add. That gets to me.

Why do you think we should be protesting now

Why are you harking back to pressley, hartley etc.

Most of us have moved on from there.

:rolleyes:

The B'stards should be familiar with that guy :)

Malcolm stop winding up the :hobofish: and go to bed you've got work in the morning! :P

FTH

scott herbertson
Good points - at last. Thanks. Do you think it would take a 'moving to murrayfield' type scenario to get people active? I think people are a bit punch-drunk and therefore less inclined to react like they did with Robinson.

I don't think that is it

The Murrayfield scenario was life threatening in the same way as the Mercer takeover was to Hibs. It struck home to evereyone that the club was in mortal danger of going out of existence. Losing our home ground was the metaphor for extinction

So we got off our asses and did something

The Romanov scenario is more complex and clouded. If it leads to the same end we will probably get off our asses again, but we're not sure yet

Most of us here have jobs so we cant spend all our days sitting around outside football grounds ala Huns/Tics/Spewcastle/Man Spu/Liverpoo etc

And a side effect is of working is that we all have access to pc's/laptops and can vent our anger anonymously in a very angry way indeed. Oh yes.

OP almost has a point...I bet Vlad has never heard of kickback yet some would have you believe it is a hotbed of discussion and potential revolution.

The reason why Newcastle, Liverpool and any other Premiership side's fans would be quick to boycott is because they have numerous other options and due to the money floating round the Premiership are in far more secure positions.

Firstly, at the risk of incurring the 'wrath' of your friends, I gave up my season ticket for Section N after almost 19yrs at the end of last season. I won't be back until the current owner has gone.

I will never understand why Hearts fans stop supporting the club because they do not like the owner. I'll always want us to do well.

I think that most Hearts fans are not as unhappy as you and your like and that is why we do not have any protests.

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

well i remember the protesting in....murrayfield park or whatever its called, over the road from the horseshoe...good turnout, got our point across, then the immaturity of the paper aeroplanes made from the posters..fantastic!

Sorry if I appeared less than constructive.

I just wondered how someone could have a 19 year running Section N season ticket when that area has only been allocated for season tickets since 2001/02.

Anyway, another question to the thread starter:

You won't be back until a change of ownership?

What if we reach a cup final? Would you decline a ticket?

I'm conducting a survey and your opinion is important to me.

Buffalo Bill

Guest Fabuloso
Sorry if I appeared less than constructive.

I just wondered how someone could have a 19 year running Section N season ticket when that area has only been allocated for season tickets since 2001/02.

Anyway, another question to the thread starter:

You won't be back until a change of ownership?

What if we reach a cup final? Would you decline a ticket?

I'm conducting a survey and your opinion is important to me.

Buffalo Bill

Evening. The detail surrounding 'seasonticketgate' is that I have had STs in various areas of Tynie - the latest being section N. If studied I agree that this comment could be misleading however I genuinely didn't think my every word would be scrutinised by the KB police!

As for your question it is of course tough however I'd stand by my decision and watch the game on TV. It would be hypocritical to attend and would prevent someone else from getting a ticket. I am lucky enough to have seen Hearts win two cups (3 if you count the tennants sixes) however now the low times don't seem to hit so hard and the good times also appear somewhat soured. Neither up nor down really. Sorry.

IMO it's pointless trying to compare the situations at Newcastle and Liverpool with any other team.

It dawned on me, back in the season of Keegans "I'd love it", that Newcastle fans are a bit weird. They have a tendancy for OTT reactions with their fans bursting into tears when they lost a game even while they were still top of the league.

With them it is all to do with their mythical Geordie Nation.

Unless their owner, manager and No9 is what they consider one of their own they will never be happy.

With Liverpool it is down to the fact that for over a decade they have been nowhere near winning the league. Finishing a distant 4th is not good enough for them. Our equivalent would have to be something like going 15 years without qualifying for Europe.

It doesn't mean we are less passionate, just that we have a different perspective.

Evening. The detail surrounding 'seasonticketgate' is that I have had STs in various areas of Tynie - the latest being section N. If studied I agree that this comment could be misleading however I genuinely didn't think my every word would be scrutinised by the KB police!

As for your question it is of course tough however I'd stand by my decision and watch the game on TV. It would be hypocritical to attend and would prevent someone else from getting a ticket. I am lucky enough to have seen Hearts win two cups (3 if you count the tennants sixes) however now the low times don't seem to hit so hard and the good times also appear somewhat soured. Neither up nor down really. Sorry.

Was this a decsion that you made unilaterally? I only ask as there is a poster on here who tried to organise a boycott of STs but then folded pretty darned quickly himself during the summer. His "stand" achieved nothing other than costing him about ?20 so maybe he could claim your boycott as inspired by him? He once got a post about a purported demonstration (which also never materialised) quoted in a tabloid and he loved it, you see...

Going back to the original point of the thread... Basically do we care less than the likes of Liverpool & Newcastle?

I've fought with this over the last year or so, especially due to what we've been through since Vlad has taken over. I honestly belive that I have the answer you seek! Why do we not rally and riot when things go wrong? Because we are decent human beings who believe that being jailed for the club is stupid. Don't get me wrong when I was in my teens I probably would have done but priorities change. People have children and so on. Besides these places you talk about I believe have higher social problems than Edinburgh... Much higher! Newcastle is a big city with one club. Liverpool is a BIG city with scousers! I rest my case... We are just too civilised for the likes of them and that is why the soap dodgers hate us!

Guest Fabuloso
Was this a decsion that you made unilaterally? I only ask as there is a poster on here who tried to organise a boycott of STs but then folded pretty darned quickly himself during the summer. His "stand" achieved nothing other than costing him about ?20 so maybe he could claim your boycott as inspired by him? He once got a post about a purported demonstration (which also never materialised) quoted in a tabloid and he loved it, you see...

Not really, no.

Guest Fabuloso
Going back to the original point of the thread... Basically do we care less than the likes of Liverpool & Newcastle?

I've fought with this over the last year or so, especially due to what we've been through since Vlad has taken over. I honestly belive that I have the answer you seek! Why do we not rally and riot when things go wrong? Because we are decent human beings who believe that being jailed for the club is stupid. Don't get me wrong when I was in my teens I probably would have done but priorities change. People have children and so on. Besides these places you talk about I believe have higher social problems than Edinburgh... Much higher! Newcastle is a big city with one club. Liverpool is a BIG city with scousers! I rest my case... We are just too civilised for the likes of them and that is why the soap dodgers hate us!

I think that's a pretty fair point. By that rationale would the dirty old firm fall into that same category? Probably, I think, however they win things more often than not - which helps.

I think that's a pretty fair point. By that rationale would the dirty old firm fall into that same category? Probably, I think, however they win things more often than not - which helps.

The old firm are worse than scousers by far. Scousers would charm you out your money. The west coasters would plank a bottle of bukky of yer heed before taking you to the cleaners.

Archived