So if we do go Breasts Skywards?

chester copperpot

Nice abuse Jammy_T - Romanov and Robinson did get it wrong by continually over-spending - the paradox of this they were at their most popular when they spent (lost) sufficiently to provide some trophies. And these were the seasons we enjoyed the most.

Only when they tried to rectify the obvious consequences of losing money they became the fans enemy & strongly disliked - despite it being necessary to safeguard the financial future of the club

As for your Hitler analogy yet another of your moronic & exaggerated nonsensical comparisons.

Robinson spent what he didnt have - we all knew that

Romanov spent what he pretended he did have but didnt - we all know that now

You have backed everything Vlad has done

Abuse or not, that makes you a sycophant....

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes and Robinson before him but everybody enjoyed 1998 & 2006.

Of course we did.

Taking CPR out of the discussion as he bears no relevence to what is going on now.....

VR clearly stated he had the funds to challenge to the OF and make Hearts real challengers.

Money was no object.

This changed after only one Season.

VR bit off more than he could chew because he thought he was a big shot but in reality he was nothing more than a run of the mill SPL Club owner.

But he talked himself up and now he looks very foolish for not delivering.

His plan to conquer Scottish Football would have worked if he had the cash to fund it like he said he did.

Quite obviously he doesn't have the funds.

Or maybe he does but now he just doesn't have the will.

Robinson spent what he didnt have - we all knew that

Romanov spent what he prentended he did have but didnt - we all know that now

You have backed everything Vlad has done

Abuse or not, that makes you a sycophant....

How did Romanov spent what he pretended he did have but didn't?

Hearts have been able to spend more money more quickly than ever before - when did any Hearts owner say they would finance loss-making indefinitely?

From January 2006 AGM

Romanov junior also stressed that UBIG does not plan to keep financing a loss-making Hearts from the profits of other parts of the group and it expects the club to break even. "Vladimir can support the club with his own money but our goal is to make Hearts a balanced company," said the chairman

http://londonhearts.com/scores////mrep/20060128028.htm

siegementality
I cant doubt you regarding your statement, but where is your proof?

Or are you perhaps just happy, once again, that Hearts appear to be having problems once more?

Oh FFS, here we go again, can I just clarify once and for all I HAVE NEVER BEEN HAPPY THAT HEARTS HAVE PROBLEMS OF ANY DESCRIPTION, LEAST OF ALL NOW.

oK?

Now, you don't doubt my statement but I need to prove it? or was that just the guise so you could have a pop?

For what it is worth I've posted next to nothing regarding our current plight. I am sheite scared the same as everyone else that the worst might happen.

Now, do me and you a favour, if you want to take your frustrations out on anyone I suggest you get on a plane to Lithuanian. Regardless of what you might think of me nothing I have done has contributed in anyway to anything that has happened at Hearts.

Sorry if that disappoints you.

Of course we did.

Taking CPR out of the discussion as he bears no relevence to what is going on now.....

VR clearly stated he had the funds to challenge to the OF and make Hearts real challengers.

Money was no object.

This changed after only one Season.

VR bit off more than he could chew because he thought he was a big shot but in reality he was nothing more than a run of the mill SPL Club owner.

But he talked himself up and now he looks very foolish for not delivering.

His plan to conquer Scottish Football would have worked if he had the cash to fund it like he said he did.

Quite obviously he doesn't have the funds.

Or maybe he does but now he just doesn't have the will.

Vlad isnt the only foolish looking person

Sadly there seems to be some sort of tourettes that makes people think if money isnt paid on time this is a newspaper agenda and in any event rich people dont deserve to be paid on time.....

Hearts have been able to spend more money more quickly than ever before - when did any Hearts owner say they would finance loss-making indefinitely?

From January 2006 AGM

Romanov junior also stressed that UBIG does not plan to keep financing a loss-making Hearts from the profits of other parts of the group and it expects the club to break even. "Vladimir can support the club with his own money but our goal is to make Hearts a balanced company," said the chairman

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/4230683.stm

From January 2006 AGM

Are you actually mental?

Really?

Hearts are a baw hair from going bust yet you are trying to unravel some sort of quotes pesh.

Bottom line is if you cant pay your creditors (eg employees) as your debts fall due you are bust.

Only a fecking hobo would continue to defend a regime that allowed that scenario to unfold

So well done on proving what you really are....

NMH your beyond redemption, a complete sandbag to whatever you are told by the Lithuanians. You are now quoting something said by the biggest disgrace to ever darken the doors of Tynecastle, Rodney fecking Romanov, a man with a disgusting disregard for HMFC and it's supporters. You really have reached rock bottom in your defence of these despicable charlatans.

NMH your beyond redemption, a complete sandbag to whatever your are told by the Lithuanians. You are now quoting something said by the biggest disgrace to ever darken the doors of Tynecastle, Rodney fecking Romanov, a man with a disgusting disregard for HMFC and it's supporters. You really have reached rock bottom in your defence of these despicable charlatans.

I'm sorry mate but I think your mate is practically as corrupt as Vlad.

Shocking stance to be taking against Hearts fans in the current circumstances

Are you actually mental?

Really?

Hearts are a baw hair from going bust yet you are trying to unravel some sort of quotes pesh.

Bottom line is if you cant pay your creditors (eg employees) as your debts fall due you are bust.

Only a fecking hobo would continue to defend a regime that allowed that scenario to unfold

What are you actually arguing for & against?

Romanov & Hearts not spending enough money or for spending too much money & not making enough cost-cutting more quickly to prevent liquidity problems?

NMH your beyond redemption, a complete sandbag to whatever you are told by the Lithuanians. You are now quoting something said by the biggest disgrace to ever darken the doors of Tynecastle, Rodney fecking Romanov, a man with a disgusting disregard for HMFC and it's supporters. You really have reached rock bottom in your defence of these despicable charlatans.

Aside from your dislike of the Romanovs - what is wrong or incorrect with that quote? It is a quite a simple and straighforward statement - they won't use UBIG's money to subsidise Hearts indefinitely and they expect Hearts to move towards breaking even.

Regardless of who said it - that seems a fairly accurate statement of how things have moved financially since then.

No Lithuanians tell me anything btw. :)

Source?

Chick Young?

Hi Mr Clever

If a company cant pay its debts as they fall due they are basically bust. Whether this is a short term state of affairs or not.

Do you actually know anything about insolvency or corporate law, or do you just try and get digs in....

What are you actually arguing for & against?

Romanov & Hearts not spending enough money or for spending too much money & not making enough cost-cutting more quickly to prevent liquidity problems?

Romanov has got Hearts into a position where it cant pay its employees on time

What is there to argue

What are you arguing for?

siegementality
I'm sorry mate but I think your mate is practically as corrupt as Vlad.

Shocking stance to be taking against Hearts fans in the current circumstances

If it's him that's posting it of course, he has previous convictions for working with others.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Are you actually mental?

Really?

Says who?

There may be gross incompetence but we aren't going bust.

siegementality
Aside from your dislike of the Romanovs - what is wrong or incorrect with that quote? It is a quite a simple and straighforward statement - they won't use UBIG's money to subsidise Hearts indefinitely and they expect Hearts to move towards breaking even.

Regardless of who said it - that seems a fairly accurate statement of how things have moved financially since then.

No Lithuanians tell me anything btw. :)

Ultimately their pesh poor management of Hearts has led us to where we are today, or is it someone elses fault? mine? I did buy I pie and bovril on Saturday, I did all I could!

Says who?

That's the problem mate - sheer incompetence can lead to companies going bust.

I've seen it and worn the tee-shirt (and not from being on the wrong side)

That's one of the points I try and make - the sheer incomptence of Vlad might be the death of us - merited or not.

This "ooooohh isnt he dead clever not paying bills on time" is a recipe for fecking disaster.

If you dont pay your employees on time it is a bad sign. How bad, depends on whether it happens again or not.

But not being paid on time is never a good thing. Isnt that obvious? :cool:

I assume you have read the whole article DH?

Yes I have.

But the statement from SF saying that "Money is not a problem".

Well money was a problem after only 1 full season.

Geoff Kilpatrick
That's the problem mate - sheer incompetence can lead to companies going bust.

I've seen it and worn the tee-shirt (and not from being on the wrong side)

That's one of the points I try and make - the sheer incomptence of Vlad might be the death of us - merited or not.

This "ooooohh isnt he dead clever not paying bills on time" is a recipe for fecking disaster.

If you dont pay your employees on time it is a bad sign. How bad, depends on whether it happens again or not.

But not being paid on time is never a good thing. Isnt that obvious? :cool:

I completely agree that it isn't a good sign or a good thing. At the very least, it allows others to portray it as not being a good sign.

However, I think in our case it just shows the farce of the "control and command" system that exists in Lithuania over the club finances rather than delegating that responsibility.

That being the case it is even more evident that we should want rid of them as soon as possible. Cost cutting to a more sensible level makes sense for the longer term good of HMFC but these are 100% not the people any club would want to be making the decisions that will determine what happens to the football side of the club throughout these years. They are utterly clueless and not in the least bit interested in what happens to us on the park. They will continue to treat the loyal supporters of Hearts with total contempt and disregard and because of all their previous antics, lies and decisions they will never convince the vast majority of the support that they have the good of the club at heart however you try to spin, defend and change tact.

In essence the club will never move forward unless they are gone. The relationship with them has completely broken down due to their actions and they are entirely to blame. I'd take any consortium, from anywhere to see the back of them and I pray it happens before it is too late.

Romanov has got Hearts into a position where it cant pay its employees on time

What is there to argue

What are you arguing for?

Not overspending like we have been for 10-12 years putting the club in increasing financial distress. Resisting the urges to overspend just because we want a goalscorer or a left-back or finish higher up the league.......

Chopping high earners we can't afford, more players at the wage level of people like Kello & Zaliukas, more home-grown young players, an end to Hearts losing money year or year and building a base to survive into the 21st century.....the club being able to afford to pay the players & creditors on time by the money it generates itself and not rely on UKIO Bankas or HBOS sending money to subsidise loss-making. Not relying on benefactors to bail the club out because at some point even they might suffer financial problems.

After that we can think about ways to grow the club to exploit the latent potential.

Says who?

Talking from experience the first sign of a company being in financial difficulty is the staffs wages not being paid in time, then the company feeding us the line "it was an administrative glitch" etc. Things returned to normal for a month or two then it happened again, only this time we weren't paid and it transpired that the company was in extreme financial difficulty, so excuse me if I and others like me don't quite buy into your "we're not going bust" mentality quite yet. No one on here is really in a position to state facts one way or the other, so i'd hold back with the bold statements just now in case they come back to bite you on the arse.

NMH, a very simple yes or no will suffice.

If a consortium came forward looking to make a deal to buy out Romanov and take us forward from where we currently are would you be in favor of it ?

Yes or no ?

That being the case it is even more evident that we should want rid of them as soon as possible. Cost cutting to a more sensible level makes sense for the longer term good of HMFC but these are 100% not the people any club would want to be making the decisions that will determine what happens to the football side of the club throughout these years. They are utterly clueless and not in the least bit interested in what happens to us on the park. They will continue to treat the loyal supporters of Hearts with total contempt and disregard and because of all their previous antics, lies and decisions they will never convince the vast majority of the support that they have the good of the club at heart however you try to spin, defend and change tact.

In essence the club will never move forward unless they are gone. The relationship with them has completely broken down due to their actions and they are entirely to blame. I'd take any consortium, from anywhere to see the back of them and I pray it happens before it is too late.

Concise and astute, thank you

Not overspending like we have been for 10-12 years putting the club in increasing financial distress. Resisting the urges to overspend just because we want a goalscorer or a left-back or finish higher up the league.......

Chopping high earners we can't afford, more players at the wage level of people like Kello & Zaliukas, more home-grown young players, an end to Hearts losing money year or year and building a base to survive into the 21st century.....the club being able to afford to pay the players & creditors on time by the money it generates itself and not rely on UKIO Bankas or HBOS sending money to subsidise loss-making. Not relying on benefactors to bail the club out because at some point even they might suffer financial problems.

After that we can think about ways to grow the club to exploit the latent potential.

What an embarrassment

Your debating is now like some sort of embarrassing dad dancing at a wedding.

How sad

siegementality

If a consortium came forward looking to make a deal to buy out Romanov and take us forward from where we currently are would you be in favor of it ?

Yes or no ?

If you were really his mate you'd knock some sense into him, not that I'm condoning violence.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Talking from experience the first sign of a company being in financial difficulty is the staffs wages not being paid in time, then the company feeding us the line "it was an administrative glitch" etc. Things returned to normal for a month or two then it happened again, only this time we weren't paid and it transpired that the company was in extreme financial difficulty, so excuse me if I and others like me don't quite buy into your "we're not going bust" mentality quite yet. No one on here is really in a position to state facts one way or the other, so i'd hold back with the bold statements just now in case they come back to bite you on the arse.

I don't care if they bite me on the arse or not. It's my reading of the situation.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but I think we'll have more important things to worry about than pointing figures going "told you so".

What an embarrassment

Your debating is now like some sort of embarrassing dad dancing at a wedding.

How sad

What is sad about wanting Hearts to stop the long term bad habits that have led the club to situation it found itself this week and in which it found itself in 2004-2005 when it couldn't pay creditors.... the same bad habits that put Motherwell, Dundee, Livingston & Gretna in administration as well as umpteen English league clubs.

Call it sad if you like - call me whatever names you like it's not important and I don't care but if it brightens up your existence well fire away - I'll let other people be the judge if you want to lower your debate that way. :)

Yes or no ?

How can you answer yes or no without knowing who or what's on offer?

Surely every potential new owner would have to be judged on their merits and what they bring to the table - to just say Romanov out regardless is the same as previously saying Robinson out and before that Mercer out.

I don't care if they bite me on the arse or not. It's my reading of the situation.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but I think we'll have more important things to worry about than pointing figures going "told you so".

It wasn't intended to come across as a "I told you so" comment, it was just a figure of speech. Like you, I'd have more important things to worry about than coming on here seeking you out as to make an inane comment.

How can you answer yes or no without knowing who or what's on offer?

Surely every potential new owner would have to be judged on their merits and what they bring to the table - to just say Romanov out regardless is the same as previously saying Robinson out and before that Mercer out.

Yes or No ?

Say someone wanted to buy Romanov out and take over the existing debt (for arguments sake 23 million) and then implement a cost cutting policy as you have 'outlined' is happening but at the same time have a far more hands on approach to the club and the decency to communicate properly with the fans would you want him out ?

It's a very simple question.

siegementality
Yes or No ?

Say someone wanted to buy Romanov out and take over the existing debt (for arguments sake 23 million) and then implement a cost cutting policy as you have 'outlined' is happening but at the same time have a far more hands on approach to the club and the decency to communicate properly with the fans would you want him out ?

I'll bet he doesn't answer with a yes or no.

Geoff Kilpatrick
It wasn't intended to come across as a "I told you so" comment, it was just a figure of speech. Like you, I'd have more important things to worry about than coming on here seeking you out as to make an inane comment.

Fair dos. FWIW, I think the "fears", for want of a better word, of HMFC going t*ts up are exacerbated by people's past experience. However, in this instance, I think it's more to do with issues in Lithuania than anything else.

That said, if UBIG are in trouble, I would like to see if Vlad needs to dispose of assets quickly. Hearts are now more attractive, conversely, by being sold rather than closing the club down and developing Tynecastle, because of the collapse in the property market.

Yes or No ?

Of course I wouldn't be against it if I genuinely thought they could do better - who owns Hearts is not important, how hands on they are either isn't really that important either - it's the people doing the day jobs who are important.

I wouldn't be for change simply for change sake - clearly given Hearts financial situation how they proposed to manage the debt and who they would get to provide the money & security on it would be crtically important.

Afterall both Chris Robinson & Leslie Deans were both caring & passionate Hearts fans that they put their own money at risk but they didn't have the wherewithal to prevent the club getting into financial difficulty even if they did provide the 1998 Scottish Cup win.

Surely the wisest course would be to look carefully before you leap.

siegementality
Of course I wouldn't be against it if I genuinely thought they could do better - who owns Hearts is not important, how hands on they are either isn't really that important either - it's the people doing the day jobs who are important.

I wouldn't be for change simply for change sake - clearly given Hearts financial situation how they proposed to manage the debt and who they would get to provide the money & security on it would be crtically important.

Afterall both Chris Robinson & Leslie Deans were both caring & passionate Hearts fans that they put their own money at risk but they didn't have the wherewithal to prevent the club getting into financial difficulty even if they did provide the 1998 Scottish Cup win.

Told you!

how hands on they are either isn't really that important either - it's the people doing the day jobs who are important.

I'll call that a yes, thank feck, we got there eventually. However........

Don't agree with that at all however. It has been clear we have been rudderless at the top for the last couple of years and have no figurehead. We badly need somebody who can communicate coherently with both the fans and the media.

It's a pity you weren't saying that when you were defending the decision not to have a proper manager jead coach for about 2 years. Boy, you don't half like to change tact.

Told you!

Well some questions can't be answered in one word.....some of shaun.lawson's posts can't be contained in a thousand words but he still have some interesting things to say.

Here's a four-letter one-word answer for you.....:hobofish:

:laugh:;)

Geoff Kilpatrick

Don't agree with that at all however. It has been clear we have been rudderless at the top for the last couple of years and have no figurehead. We badly need somebody who can communicate coherently with both the fans and the media.

It's a pity you weren't saying that when you were defending the decision not to have a proper manager jead coach for about 2 years. Boy, you don't have like changing tact.

Why are you throwing the brickbats at No More Heroes? I stopped taking him seriously when he admitted to concocting posts with 'None' of all people.

Also, if there is a rapidly growing consensus to oust Vlad/UBIG, what are we going to do about it? That's the real question.

Why are you throwing the brickbats at No More Heroes? I stopped taking him seriously when he admitted to concocting posts with 'None' of all people.

Also, if there is a rapidly growing consensus to oust Vlad/UBIG, what are we going to do about it? That's the real question.

I'm trying to establish (probably pointlessly !) if even the most fervent and diehard Romanov sympathiser would be willing for someone else to be at the helm.

The question of doing something about it is sadly so difficult to answer as the average Hearts supporter simply has no bearing unless a consortium or individual comes out and says they have the funding and want to talk to Romanov. In that case, should he refuse the fans could unite in much the same way the Newcastle fans have recently in making it clear we want him out.

I would imagine regardless of who the next owners of Hearts are Id imagine that they are not going to be in the mould of Romanov ie a knight in shining armour promising all conquering change, no its more likely that the new owners (probably a consortium of buyers) would look to downsize ambitions and move Hearts back onto a more stable and realistic position building on the one undeniable success of Romanov that of bringing Hearts profile to the forefront of national attention and building crowds to highest levels in 20 years. If that was the option I was presented with as a Hearts fan Id say YES was the only answer.

I only pass coment on this as there is a great worry in my club that fans are looking for our Romanov headliner to replace Murray and promise us the world, however give him his due Murray does seem intent to only sell to a party he is condfident will take the club forward.

It's a pity you weren't saying that when you were defending the decision not to have a proper manager jead coach for about 2 years. Boy, you don't have like changing tact.

Tom Farmer owns Hibs but hardly gets involved at all in the day to day running and leave's most things to Petrie....Arsenal are owned by a group of large shareholders with no outright owner at all and have a board of directors & executives & wenger to run the club for them.

I never thought we didn't have people running the club or coaching the team day to day as clearly we did ... it wouldn't have been able to function otherwise - however Csaba has managed to get more discipline & effort from virtually the same players despite Frail etc having no less direct involvement with the players whilst Ogilvie and Southern etc for the most part have chosen to remain invisible although communication has improved massively since C.Mann left.

siegementality
Well some questions can't be answered in one word.....some of shaun.lawson's posts can't be contained in a thousand words but he still have some interesting things to say.

Here's a four-letter one-word answer for you.....:hobofish:

:laugh:;)

I'm begining to think you are by the way.

When your mates are having a pop at you it's time to take a look at yourself. Your stance beggers belief.

Geoff Kilpatrick
I'm trying to establish (probably pointlessly !) if even the most fervent and diehard Romanov sympathiser would be willing for someone else to be at the helm.

Who cares? He has no credibility anyway!

There were people defending Robinson to the hilt as well. Did anyone care about them when he sold up?

Tom Farmer owns Hibs but hardly gets involved at all in the day to day running and leave's most things to Petrie....Arsenal are owned by a group of large shareholders with no outright owner at all and have a board of directors & executives & wenger to run the club for them.

I never thought we didn't have people running the club or coaching the team day to day as clearly we did ... it wouldn't have been able to function otherwise - however Csaba has managed to get more discipline & effort from virtually the same players despite Frail etc having no less direct involvement with the players whilst Ogilvie and Southern etc for the most part have chosen to remain invisible although communication has improved massively since C.Mann left.

We have NOBODY fulfilling the role Petrie does at Hibs and to compare us to Arsenal and the expertise that they have in the Boardroom and throughout the club, well it's bordering on insane.

Your having a laugh. Go to bed before you embarass yourself further.

I would imagine regardless of who the next owners of Hearts are Id imagine that they are not going to be in the mould of Romanov ie a knight in shining armour promising all conquering change, no its more likely that the new owners (probably a consortium of buyers) would look to downsize ambitions and move Hearts back onto a more stable and realistic position building on the one undeniable success of Romanov that of bringing Hearts profile to the forefront of national attention and building crowds to highest levels in 20 years. If that was the option I was presented with as a Hearts fan Id say YES was the only answer.

I only pass coment on this as there is a great worry in my club that fans are looking for our Romanov headliner to replace Murray and promise us the world, however give him his due Murray does seem intent to only sell to a party he is condfident will take the club forward.

There are even less people who can afford to buy Rangers than there are who can afford to buy Hearts....and just as little interest it seems given Murray has been open to offer for 2 or 3 years now.

siegementality

So are you now saying Charlie Mann was responsible for the poor communication? The same Charlie Mann who you and others from the board went to meet and gave a glowing report on?

I really hope I'm here when/if you finally lay some blame at Romanovs door. It'll be like Irvine Jambo being exposed (oh err!) all over again.

We have NOBODY fulfilling the role Petrie does at Hibs and to compare us to Arsenal and the expertise that they have in the Boardroom and throughout the club, well it's bordering on insane.

Your having a laugh. Go to bed before you embarass yourself further.

I wasn't comparing us to Arsenal - I was making the point that their owners aren't hands on - like Farmer isn't - in fact they don't even have one outright owner but instead a loosely controlling group of separate shareholders so they are completely different to Hearts....you were saying the onwer had to be hands on as if this was a necessity...i said it needn't be - it was the day to day people who were important.

So are you now saying Charlie Mann was responsible for the poor communication? The same Charlie Mann who you and others from the board went to meet and gave a glowing report on?

I really hope I'm here when/if you finally lay some blame at Romanovs door. It'll be like Irvine Jambo being exposed (oh err!) all over again.

No Iam not blaming chalrie mann for anything - it was just an observation - he resigned saying Hearts & Romanov wanted less communication but overnight communication seemed to improve remarkably - it has often been commented upon here how communication is much better & the website etc. so maybe the people now are doing a better job?

Archived