So if we do go Breasts Skywards?

chester copperpot

Pat Munro

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/6331189.stm

Doesnt matter as an arabic or asian consortium worth billions of pounds would take us over anyway!!

I hope

I'm not sure if he could raise the funds required.

The wee house for sale next door to the plumber office in Gilmerton hasn't sold and it's been on sale for months!

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't care who takes us over - just as long as who ever does starts to run the organisation in a business like manner. The past couple of years have been nothing short of a joke - long on promises and short on action, and people at the top who have lost all credibility with supporters, the media, and those who run the game here. If Romanov does decide to jump ship and sell the club, it surely can't be to someone who could run the club in as incompetent and cavalier way that he has.

If there are any "other shows in town" - now's the time for them to make their move.

one things for sure if it was to all go wrong .it would end my interest in scottish football may improve my golf though

Same for me scabber, i'd get back on the golf course or go and watch the egg-chasing.

We_are_the_Hearts

Would be gutted at not having the chance to take my 2 young kids to Tynie. In saying that we are currently not the HMFC I was introduced to as a 6 year old in the early 80s. Back then the fans were united like a clan and there was a unique bond between players and fans. It was our club back then or that?s how it felt growing up supporting the JTs in the 80s.

Jam Tarts 1874
Pat Munro

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/6331189.stm

Doesnt matter as an arabic or asian consortium worth billions of pounds would take us over anyway!!

I hope

Campbell Ogilvie did Munro the courtesey of meeting with him, and has not to put too fine a point on it, proved that Munro is nothing but a fantasist.

I've no doubt we'd reform in some capacity. It wouldn't be the same for a good few years of course, but we'd be back eventually and who knows, the journey might even be a hoot on the way.

Always wondered though, when a club goes pear-shaped what happens to the contents of the trophy room? (Hibs sell a green carpet etc...) All the cups, shields, pennants etc. - do they end up in someone's front room?

There was an issue betwen MK Dons and AFC Wimbledon as to who got the replica FA Cup and who could legitimately have the "Roll of Honours" attached to their club. I think in the end a compromise was reached when the replica FA Cup was placed in the original borough of Merton(?) Library.

Scottish Cup 2006 on eBAY anyone?

I guess we will get some indication of the future direction from team selection over the next few weeks.

If Csaba starts to field lots of youngsters at the expense of the higher paid players then maybe - just maybe - it will signal that there will be a fire sale of high earners come January ?

My gut feel is that things are not nearly as bad as some suggest.

The People's Chimp
I honestly don't know, Bothers.

I'm just pointing out that smashing our piggy banks open isn't an option.

Attracting interest of foreign owners is our only (long shot) chance.

Having said that, nothing has happened YET.

The signs are we are skating on thin ice though.

With the news that newcastle may be bought out by a nigerian consortium of oil crooks, why dont we start sending out emails asking for bank details so that we can transfer $40'000'000 of our dead chief father, executed for treason on trumped up charges, money to them?

on a plus point, the downward trend in the property/house building market means you'll never get the ?24+M for tynie site. so selling the ground may not be as viable an option as it may have been in the past.

Agree. To be honest it would probably end my interest in football full stop.

Hopefully it won't come to that.

Not saying we are at the cliff edge yet so this is really just for the sake of discussion. Anyway, I'm definitely with you on this one and I think I would just pack it in and find something else to do on a Saturday :eek:. The last few years have been hard to stomach - and I'm not talking VR's antics here :rolleyes:

The GFA have clearly lost any conception of working 'for the greater good' and their spiteful behaviour towards us has all but killed off my faith in their running of the Scottish game. We have a proven Rangers fan at the helm and his ability to turn a blind eye any time HIS club is 'shamed'.........well it just beggars belief and would fair embarrass your average punter. Allied to that we have a weegie controlled media that wields such power that they can do more damage to a club's 'stock' than any 'short selling' of it's shares on the LSE.

What puts the tin lid on it for me though ..........was the Bistro make-over of the Caley sample room :sad: and the disappearance from the Diggers of that attractive blond lass with the simply fantastic chebs :biggrin:

We're all doomed :sad:

What goes then?

I have a few mates who are very well connected to the club stating that we're in a bad way.

We need to make provisions. I hope its wrong, but my gut feeling that its not.

So what do we do if we got tats up. I'm willing to put all my savings into the club to rescue it, if it means we can survive.

I could probably do 90 minutes between the sticks for most games.

I'd be cheap - a sandwich, a couple of pints and, maybe, the favourable attentions of some of the lady supporters, kit and travelling expenses. Mid-week might be difficult.

Probably need a defender to take the goal kicks, too, as my knee's sore.

Attracting interest of foreign owners is our only (long shot) chance.

Then we're back where we started, most probably.

Not so much the cycle of life, but the cycle of ^^^^s.

Hmmm... better than nothing though I guess.

Midfield Dynamo
Well as Mark Twain would have it, lets just hope that 'rumors of our demise have been greatly exaggerated' :cool:

OOH get you!

My gut feel is that things are not nearly as bad as some suggest.

I hear a lot of people saying "Vlad's got bored" and that he's no longer interested in HMFC.

If that's the case, why did he appoint a new manager - he could have just carried on with Frail - and why bother with the debt for equity swap?

I think a lot of people are putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 15.

I hear a lot of people saying "Vlad's got bored" and that he's no longer interested in HMFC.

If that's the case, why did he appoint a new manager - he could have just carried on with Frail - and why bother with the debt for equity swap?

Do you think his level of interest is the same as it was 3 years ago ?

Difficult to measure that as he never calls these days - or comes to Tynie.

TBH, I don't think my level of interest is the same as it was 3 years ago.......

4-4-1-1 does my box in!

Difficult to measure that as he never calls these days - or comes to Tynie.

TBH, I don't think my level of interest is the same as it was 3 years ago.......

4-4-1-1 does my box in!

His absence over the last 2 years is a huge indication that his level of interest has dropped - dramatically.

On top of the lack of money invested in the team in the same period - I think it's pretty clear his love affair with Hearts is at an all time low.

His absence over the last 2 years is a huge indication that his level of interest has dropped - dramatically.

On top of the lack of money invested in the team in the same period - I think it's pretty clear his love affair with Hearts is at an all time low.

Or given the global economic climate he has to perhaps concentrate on other parts of his business empire?

He may of course be being rather petulant, after all over the last three years there have been growing voices wishing VR to take a back seat at Tynecastle. But when he does....

If Hearts went out of business then we would definitely reform. If Gretna can do it then so can we.

I'm not saying this is anywhere near to happening though and I don't have a clue about what is going right now so I'm not going to act like some people on here.

Money spent on the team has been too high not too low - (and this has been true for 10-12 years not just the last 2 years).....Hearts are still trying to cut their costs not increase them......we might well need to sign a goalscorer or a left-back but we need to stop losing money even more than we need new players - until Hearts balance their spending with their income then spending more money on the team is only making the financial situation worse not better.....or is losing ?5.5M okay as long as we win the Scottish Cup and finish 2nd in the SPL ?

It's funny how a football club with an owner who has a reported personal wealth of hundreds of millions of pounds appears to be in financial difficulty. I suppose that's what happens when the owner who has a reported personal wealth of hundreds of millions of pounds doesn't put a bolt of his own money in.

I cant doubt you regarding your statement, but where is your proof?

Or are you perhaps just happy, once again, that Hearts appear to be having problems once more?

Unfortunately there are the usual 'posters' who take great pleasure when Hearts look as if they are in trouble and repeat their garbage about VR without any proof. I am certain they are NOT Hearts supporters!

Or given the global economic climate he has to perhaps concentrate on other parts of his business empire?

He may of course be being rather petulant, after all over the last three years there have been growing voices wishing VR to take a back seat at Tynecastle. But when he does....

When these voices are asking him to take a back seat they were not asking him to lose interest or stop attending matches or withdraw funding.

His 'hands on' approach caused so many problems - many of which we are still paying for - all most folk ever wanted was for the football side of the club to be run properly and by people qualified for the job.

If he doesn't understand that the above is by far the best way to run ANY club then the sooner he finds a buyer for us the better.

Money spent on the team has been too high not too low - (and this has been true for 10-12 years not just the last 2 years).....Hearts are still trying to cut their costs not increase them......we might well need to sign a goalscorer or a left-back but we need to stop losing money even more than we need new players - until Hearts balance their spending with their income then spending more money on the team is only making the financial situation worse not better.....or is losing ?5.5M okay as long as we win the Scottish Cup and finish 2nd in the SPL ?

Who was it again who decided to hand out the stupid contracts to average (at best) players, to fill Riccarton with dozens of players of the same standard, to not appoint a football manager to decide what players we needed in and which players we could do without ?

The money has been spent in a scattergun way by someone who has no clue about football and because of that income will drop again as the opportunity to grow the club has undoubtably been blown. He had a fantastic opportunity and is fecked it all up. Crowds are very clearly dropping due to the mediocrity of the product as are corporate packages and one would assume merchandise.

Nothing good can now come of the Romanov regime and the sooner someone else comes forward or can be found to buy him out the better.

I agree.

But it wasn't me who flew in from Lithuania telling anyone who would listen that money was no problem etc etc etc etc etc.

If he didn't realise before he arrived how much it would cost to build a team/squad capable of reguarly challenging the OF then he's a bigger fool than I thought.

Unfortunately there are the usual 'posters' who take great pleasure when Hearts look as if they are in trouble and repeat their garbage about VR without any proof. I am certain they are NOT Hearts supporters!

He's been to 2 matches in 18 months. Anyone who says he is interested in the team being a success is at best naive and at worst plain stupid. The Old Firm and the media have defeated him, simple as that. He never had the money, plan, brains or sense to break such a stranglehold and because he is used to getting his own way he has basically chucked it. My hope now is that he will look for an exit strategy and find some other sorry barstewards to put at the top of the 'pyramid'.

He's been to 2 matches in 18 months. Anyone who says he is interested in the team being a success is at best naive and at worst plain stupid. The Old Firm and the media have defeated him, simple as that. He never had the money, plan, brains or sense to break such a stranglehold and because he is used to getting his own way he has basically chucked it. My hope now is that he will look for an exit strategy and find some other sorry barstewards to put at the top of the 'pyramid'.

:thumb:

J.T.F.Robertson

I don't think it was ever one of them in the first place. Initially, he probably revelled in the attention, the adulation, even. Then, the real motives (whatever they were/are) for involving himself, kicked in and we are where we are today. Perhaps reality struck with regard to what it would realistically take to challenge the terrible twins, although I don't believe that to be his main instigator, but who really knows. (anything, for that matter)

I don't think it was ever one of them in the first place. Initially, he probably revelled in the attention, the adulation, even. Then, the real motives (whatever they were/are) for involving himself, kicked in and we are where we are today. Perhaps reality struck with regard to what it would realistically take to challenge the terrible twins, although I don't believe that to be his main instigator, but who really knows. (anything, for that matter)

I agree.

It wasn't an affair.

It was a Roussett.

The Offer Document for VR's original bid for HMFC gave the following shareholdings in UBIG. I've used the past tense as these numbers are nearly 3 years old.

VR directly owned 30.754%

InErgo LLC owned 24.9999%. It is incorporated in Wilmington, USA and is owned 100% by Ireland and Overseas Acquisitions Ltd, which is incorporated in the British Virgin Islands and is entirely owned by VR.

UAB owned 14.1822%. It is Lithuanian. InErgo owns 25% of it and, Tempo, also owned 100% by VR, 48%. This gives VR a further10.35% of UBIG.

Ukio Bankas owned 13.3366% and a subsidiary of it another 2.36%. VR and his mother owned 29.42% of this company, giving them another 4.62% of UBIG.

The holding of these companies in UBIG was 85.4544% and VR's share of this was 70.5433%.

Of the remainder of UBIG, 8.2968% was owned by UAB Dujotekana, a wholesale trader in natural and liquefied gas. VR owned less than 10% of it and no other shareholder had as much as 5%. The owners of the remaining 6.2488% wasn't given, but nobody else had 5% or more of UBIG.

VR clearly controlled UBIG in November 2005. The shareholdings might have changed since then but the accounts for the year to 31 July 2007 said that he owned 32.96% of Ukio Bankas, an increase since November 2005, and that he had 'a controlling interest' in UBIG.

Who was it again who decided to hand out the stupid contracts to average (at best) players, to fill Riccarton with dozens of players of the same standard, to not appoint a football manager to decide what players we needed in and which players we could do without ?

The money has been spent in a scattergun way by someone who has no clue about football and because of that income will drop again as the opportunity to grow the club has been undoubtably been blown. Crowds are very clearly dropping due to the mediocrity of the product as are corporate packages and one would assume merchandise.

Nothing good can now come of the Romanov regime and the sooner someone else comes forward or can be found to buy him out the better.

Even before this we had players & a wage bill we couldn't afford - how else do you think debt got to ?20M in the first place & the stadium almost sold before Romanov ever arrived - we have been losing money year on year since about 1996 - even in Levein's austere days of supposed cut-backs we still had players like Maybury, Stamp, Mahe & others earning way above what the club could afford that is why we kept on losing money and Levein's player budget had to be cut year on year and players released & sold etc.

The opportunity to grow Hearts is the same as it's always been but the answer is not to overspend, not to make losses and continually run up debts - the last decade has proved that absolutely.....

Hearts have to stop losing money, reduce their debt levels, raise money to rebuild the main stand (or don't build the main stand & accept lower income levels) - buy cheap players and produce young players and sell them on at a profit - use the money raised to build the club up not just spend it on transfer fees & wages for players.

Of course people want to see successful football and people will pay to see that but TWICE in 1998 & 2006 Hearts have provided that in a way that was damaging the club financially not helping it.....being successful cost Hearts money - record losses at the time both times, it should have provided a platform and new money for the club but instead it caused worsening financial problems because right from the start the balance between the cost of the team and the money the club was bringing in was all wrong.

Of course which players we buy and the quality of spending on players is important BUT even more important is not spending more than we can afford.

The Burley days were good to watch but it financially it was unsustainable fantasy & totally reliant on someone else picking up the tab - just like Chelsea are and just like Gretna were - unless we have much bigger crowds that can cover the cost of higher earners wages or a smaller wage bill that matches the crowds we can get at tynie as it is now then we will continue to lose money and the result of that is any success will be short-lived.

The opportunity to grow Hearts is the same as it's always been but the answer is not to overspend, not to make losses and continually run up debts - the last decade has proved that absolutely.....

Not under the current regime it isn't. They will never achieve anything now. They had a golden opportunity and blew it and the sooner they are gone the better for HMFC.

Even before this we had players & a wage bill we couldn't afford - how else do you think debt got to ?20M in the first place & the stadium almost sold before Romanov ever arrived - we have been losing money year on year since about 1996 - even in Levein's austere days of supposed cut-backs we still had players like Maybury, Stamp, Mahe & others earning way above what the club could afford that is why we kept on losing money and Levein's player budget had to be cut year on year and players released & sold etc.

Hearts have to stop losing money, reduce their debt levels, raise money to rebuild the main stand (or don't build the main stand & accept lower income levels) - buy cheap players and produce young players and sell them on at a profit - use the money raised to build the club up not just spend it on transfer fees & wages for players.

Of course people want to see successful football and people will pay to see that but TWICE in 1998 & 2006 Hearts have provided that in a way that was damaging the club financially not helping it.....being successful cost Hearts money - record losses at the time both times, it should have provided a platform and new money for the club but instead it caused worsening financial problems because right from the start the balance between the cost of the team and the money the club was bringing in was all wrong.

Of course which players we buy and the quality of spending on players is important BUT even more important is not spending more than we can afford.

The Burley days were good to watch but it financially it was unsustainable fantasy & totally reliant on someone else picking up the tab - just like Chelsea are and just like Gretna were - unless we have much bigger crowds that can cover the cost of higher earners wages or a smaller wage bill that matches the crowds we can get at tynie as it is now then we will continue to lose money and the result of that is any success will be short-lived.

So VR got it wrong then ?

Hearts will always exist

I am not scared of life without Romanov

Hopefully this is the start of the next chapter, "Life after the Cretin"

You are one sad sycophant.

On your own argument Romanov got it badly wrong in this first 18 months. Badly wrong. Recklessly and negligently wrong.

Yet you dont criticise him for that.You compliment him for his cut backs. The equivalent historically would be to compliment Hitler for killing less Jews.

You are some piece of work

You would rather massage your own ego and get whatever reward you do from the east than speak truthfully to your fellow Hearts fans

Very sad, one of the saddest Hearts fans alive....

Not under the current regime it isn't. They will never achieve anything now. They had a golden opportunity and blew it and the sooner they are gone the better for HMFC.

The opportunity is exactly the same now as it was in 1996 and 2004 - Hearts still have the same potential they have always had - but Stephane Adam or Rudi Skacel and trying to buy our way to success won't work & can't work UNTIL and UNLESS Hearts stabilise their finances, run at break-even or a profit, raise money to increase the capacity of the stadium and better corporate facilities or put those plans on hold until economic circumstances are better.

The key to success is putting the infrastructure in place that can support & finance a successful team on the pitch not the speculate to accumulate mentality.

Simply getting a good manager (jefferies / burley) and giving him some money to put a decent team on the pitch - doesn't work - it might bring a trophy or a high league finish but it pushes the club into financial trouble and we have to break up the good teams we created because we are losing too much money. We have all seen this happen twice in the last 10 years.

The short term focus of trying to finish 3rd or higher, trying to win another cup etc blinds us to the long standing problem in that trying to improve the team or keep it competitive by spending ever more money on it is just pushing us deeper & deeper into debt.....whilst conversely any moves that Robinson or Romanov have taken to try to repair the financial problems have generally been considered as them lacking the ambition or means or will to challenge & damaging the club & team etc....not caring about being successful anymore etc.

The opportunity is exactly the same now as it was in 1996 and 2004 - Hearts still have the same potential they have always had - but Stephane Adam or Rudi Skacel and trying to buy our way to success won't work & can't work UNTIL and UNLESS Hearts stabilise their finances, run at break-even or a profit, raise money to increase the capacity of the stadium and better corporate facilities or put those plans on hold until economic circumstances are better.

The key to success is putting the infrastructure in place that can support & finance a successful team on the pitch not the speculate to accumulate mentality.

Simply getting a good manager (jefferies / burley) and giving him some money to put a decent team on the pitch - doesn't work - it might bring a trophy or a high league finish but it pushes the club into financial trouble and we have to break up the good teams we created because we are losing too much money. We have all seen this happen twice in the last 10 years.

The short term focus of trying to finish 3rd or higher, trying to win another cup etc blinds us to the long standing problem in that trying to improve the team or keep it competitive by spending ever more money on it is just pushing us deeper & deeper into debt.....whilst conversely any moves that Robinson or Romanov have taken to try to repair the financial problems have generally been considered as them lacking the ambition or means or will to challenge & damaging the club & team etc....not caring about being successful anymore etc.

It is pointless trying to "corner" that fool.

He will continually try and espouse grandiose anthropology over the heads of true Hearts fans

You are one sad sycophant.

On your own argument Romanov got it badly wrong in this first 18 months. Badly wrong. Recklessly and negligently wrong.

Yet you dont criticise him for that.You compliment him for his cut backs. The equivalent historically would be to compliment Hitler for killing less Jews.

You are some piece of work

You would rather massage your own ego and get whatever reward you do from the east than speak truthfully to your fellow Hearts fans

Very sad, one of the saddest Hearts fans alive....

Nice abuse Jammy_T - Romanov and Robinson did get it wrong by continually over-spending - the paradox of this they were at their most popular when they spent (lost) sufficiently to provide some trophies. And these were the seasons we enjoyed the most.

Only when they tried to rectify the obvious consequences of losing money they became the fans enemy & strongly disliked - despite it being necessary to safeguard the financial future of the club

As for your Hitler analogy yet another of your moronic & exaggerated nonsensical comparisons.

Archived