Financial Crisis (merged threads)

piltonjambo

David Southern & Campbell Ogilvie have not walked.

Source - David Southern.

Cheers. Good to know.

Might as well have a few more pages of frothing at the mouth though, just for the hell of it!

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Even if your in financial difficulty?

It seems unlikely.

plausible, but unlikely.

We've gambled before and lost.

IIRC we were holding out for ?400,000 for Tall but ended up with nothing.

Desperate times means desperate measures.

Then we can all look at it.....if Hearts were totally goosed for money:

Berra would've been away for ?1.5 Million (bid from Wolves)

Driver would've been away for ?750K (?) (bid from Burnley)

It didn't happen did it?

Incase anyone missed it...what I mentioned earlier.

We can't be in that much trouble if 3-4 weeks ago (when the window was still open) we turned down bids.

Exactly right, I can only refer you to two earlier threads about UBIG not relying solely on it's one banking interest, and also the fact that the eastern european banking markets being slightly more sheltered than western europe, maybe Latvia apart.

Your comments, Loveofthegame, conveniently leave out my first part about converting debt to equity only a few months ago - why would this be done if we were struggling so much financially? I actually don't know the answer to this question but my slant on it is that it wouldn't make too much financial sense to do so?

Completely agree. And there was no 'conveniently' about it. I was merely pointing out that what you said wasn't necessarily always the case. I hope that the earlier threads are correct, i hope that this is all (like previously) total bull****. But if it can happen to HBOS/Lehmann/AIG then don't i believe it can happen to UBIG/UKIO.

As a diehard Jambo i'm worried thats all. Afraid i know no more than all the other minions on here, so I am rightly slightly concerned right now.

Exactly right, I can only refer you to two earlier threads about UBIG not relying solely on it's one banking interest, and also the fact that the eastern european banking markets being slightly more sheltered than western europe, maybe Latvia apart.

Your comments, Loveofthegame, conveniently leave out my first part about converting debt to equity only a few months ago - why would this be done if we were struggling so much financially? I actually don't know the answer to this question but my slant on it is that it wouldn't make too much financial sense to do so?

I think that the debt for equity swap was to shield Ukio Bankas from having to write down the Hearts debt and thus avoid hurting Ukio Bankas profits - which are in the public domain.

The snippet which was released today on a debt for equity swap at the Bosnian metals operation suggests that is not in great shape at the moment. It is hard to make any comment on UBIG's financial position as so few details are released.

badly drawn boy

Source - David Southern.

He will though if we dont pay his wages

I have Heart News set up on my PC and although the statement about players salaries appeared on the official website around 16:45 the little pop up on my PC came up bang on 17:00, so I don't know if it is that which was being alluded to earlier within this thread.

Really?

So maybe everything since that post has been conjecture and hype?

No bigger news than that.

there was a problem, it will be fixed by the weekend.

Panic over?

This sort of thing is really no good for the blood pressure.

Come on Hearts, tell us something. Preferably that we won't need to raid our own piggy banks just to get the team to Dundee this weekend....

:sad:

Source - David Southern.

You are a man who's posts i trust PTCAL,that is good enough info for me.

Really?

So maybe everything since that post has been conjecture and hype?

No bigger news than that.

there was a problem, it will be fixed by the weekend.

Panic over?

Too far gone for it to be over with out action.

Panic will be over once the wages have been paid I feel.

Then id assume that we'd have learnt, we took 1 mill for Velicka.

We dont seem shy to sell.

I dont think our transfer dealings suggest anything to be worried about.

Not that that means everything of course.

Does this mean that the club /company are in breach of contract and therefore means the staff can walk without fear of being in breach themselves?

Just curious as it would give some of the more senior members a chance to walk sighting that as an excuse and therefore not have to put up with the guff happening behind the scenes.

On the other hand, should these idividuals choose to stay, that would indicate that the club is relatively stable.

Thoughts?

Just spoke to a good Hearts journo and he literally came off the phone to David Southern.

David Southern has not walked or been made redundant - as well as Campbell etc...

Players and staff are being paid this week - players on Friday. (as per website)

However Friday is another day as something is clearly not right.

We have also gambled before and won.

Fulham offering 3.5 mill for Craig Gordon,Vlad held out and got 9 mill.

Too far gone for it to be over with out action.

Panic will be over once the wages have been paid I feel.

The panic will be over but the seed of doubt has now been planted.

They were planted season ago for some.

And they still hammer on and on and on about it, even if nothing has ever come of it.

Nelly Terraces

CHILL.

Hearts facing footballing armageddon?

Or some stupid dolt in Lithuania forgetting to press the 'SEND' button for cash into the staff payments bank account?

I know which one my moneys on. :)

Guest GhostHunter
CHILL.

Or some stupid dolt in Lithuania forgetting to press the 'SEND' button for cash into the staff payments bank account?

With that, I fully agree with.....silly Sergey.

:D

I agree.

Although the situation has been exaggerated I feel there is something not right.

Friday will tell us one way or another.

I think it was done because a financial struggle. Looks like the agreed overdraft facilities agreed at the AGM was reached. IMO

Then id assume that we'd have learnt, we took 1 mill for Velicka.

We dont seem shy to sell.

I dont think our transfer dealings suggest anything to be worried about.

Not that that means everything of course.

We ?

FBK Kaunas sold Velicka for around ?600,000 IIRC.

I think our Transfer dealings - or lack of them suggests we haven't had a pot to pee in for 2 Seasons.

True, its just the fact that certain people want **** like this to happen, just so they can say that 'i told you so' ! It is more important to them that they are right rather than hearts are sucessful. Again i don't think we are anyway close to the end, a simple reason being is that if they were seriously up the ****ter, they would have tooken on more 3rd party debt rather than all the liability being at Ukio

It is disgusting. They were hoping for it to all go wrong and trying to get fans to join them in starting another club (Hearts of Gorgie or some other name) last season because they don't like Vlad.

They are worse than Celtic fans, they are the enemy within.

They were planted season ago for some.

And they still hammer on and on and on about it, even if nothing has ever come of it.

Is this nothing ?

Not being able to pay players and staffs salaries on time is not nothing imo.

The excuse of it being a 'technical hitch' now appears to be a load of bollocks.

Just spoke to a good Hearts journo and he literally came off the phone to David Southern.

David Southern has not walked or been made redundant - as well as Campbell etc...

Players and staff are being paid this week - players on Friday. (as per website)

I don't think there is any doubt now, that there is a serious cash flow crisis with UBIG and this is effecting Hearts further upstream. It may just be symptomatic of the current situation in the financial markets, as even banks with excellent credit ratings are twitchy about lending to each other following the collapse of Bear Stearns and Lehman in the states this year.

I would speculate that Vlad may very well be trying to find a buyer for HMFC as UBIG may no longer be able to afford to sustain a loss making luxury 'investment'. What happens if he can't find a buyer? Who knows, we aren't the only ones looking at the moment and Scottish football is most definitely not a 'sexy' investment.

I think it was done because a financial struggle. Looks like the agreed overdraft facilities agreed at the AGM was reached. IMO

If that were the case, then we would be in financial meltdown. Since that was agreed, we have received ?9m for Craig Gordon and ?12m of debt has been converted into shares. That is effectively an extra ?21m we didn't have before and would suggest that we have managed to overspend by about ?30m in less than 12 months when in the previous 2 years, we have overspent by less than ?15m in total.

I agree.

Although the situation has been exaggerated I feel there is something not right.

Friday will tell us one way or another.

Also....

with all these rumours flying about anyone we are due money to may now feel that the time is right to call in the Debt Collectors.

That could see us in real crap.

CHILL.

If only it was that black and white. I suspect that the truth is somewhere in the middle. I dont believe for one minute that Hearts are going into administration by the end of the week or that we are even 'close' to this happening. However something is clearly amiss and it doesnt fill me with confidence for the coming months.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
It is disgusting. They were hoping for it to all go wrong and trying to get fans to join them in starting another club (Hearts of Gorgie or some other name) last season because they don't like Vlad.

They are worse than Celtic fans, they are the enemy within.

Worst sentence I have ever seen on Kickback.

I'm cringing.

Is this nothing ?

The excuse of it being a 'technical hitch' now appears to be a load of bollocks.

Not if the use of the word technical is in the same context as the phrase 'technically insolvent'!!

Not the case I'm sure but I am pretty sure the first statement was issued in the expectation that wages would be paid the following working day.

Is this nothing ?

of course it is.. when has the mad **** ever been honest with us. Totally sick of the laughing stock the Romanov's have turned us into.... this latest episode is just one in a long line

Chad Sexington

Something is clearly going on here.

I'm starting to drift away from thinking there's been a "technical hitch".

There seems to be some kind of serious cash flow problem happening here.

I really hope plugs aren't about to be pulled.

Worst sentence I have ever seen on Kickback.

I'm cringing.

Cringe away, They claim to be fans of the club but want us to die so they can build some new Pretend Hearts. They are the worst.

The Mighty Thor

That's a bit more than a small caveat.

Something is certainly not right at the moment.

Until Friday then.

Cringe away, They claim to be fans of the club but want us to die so they can build some new Pretend Hearts. They are the worst.

Link ?

Source ?

This thread's hilarious. :)

Can I just say I will support Heart of Midlothian FC even if we are playing in the Sunday amateur leagues. I thank you. :rolleyes:

I will start to panic when I see Vlad or Rodders down Cash Converters will a couple of Microwaves and Calum Elliott under their arm doubling as a coat stand.

Guest GhostHunter
I don't think there is any doubt now, that there is a serious cash flow crisis with UBIG and this is effecting Hearts further upstream. It may just be symptomatic of the current situation in the financial markets, as even banks with excellent credit ratings are twitchy about lending to each other following the collapse of Bear Stearns and Lehman in the states this year.

I would speculate that Vlad may very well be trying to find a buyer for HMFC as UBIG may no longer be able to afford to sustain a loss making luxury 'investment'. What happens if he can't find a buyer? Who knows, we aren't the only ones looking at the moment and Scottish football is most definitely not a 'sexy' investment.

We are such a small part of what UBIG control, I really don't think the short term losses we are experiencing would seriously force them to "pull the plug".

ŪBIG and its associated companies follow the principals of responsible and ethical business. The company operates in many different regions of the world and everywhere it goes, it seeks to contribute to business, nature, and a socially friendly environment. It also participates in the promotion and implementation of different social projects.

Major companies of the group have joined the United Nations Global Compact Agreement for responsible business; they actively participate in the processes of economical and social development and in solving social and environmental issues.

ŪBIG and its associated companies employ more than 4500 people worldwide. Skilled and reliable personnel are the greatest asset to our company, therefore we create conditions for constant improvement of our workforce, including a safe and healthy working environment, and honest and mutually respectful working conditions.

ŪBIG is well-known not only as a successful company, but also as a sponsor of different sporting, cultural and social projects.

ŪBIG supports different projects and organisations related to football. It is a sponsor of the football and baseball club FBK Kaunas and the football club Minskas MTZ-RIPO.

The company also actively participates in the preservation of historical and spiritual heritage ? it actively contributes to the restoration of Orthodox Churches in Lithuania.

ŪBIG constantly finances education for the younger generation and encourages its creativity. For several years now we have supported projects for disabled children?s integration into society. Shareholders of the company are also patrons of the world-known musician, Mstislav Rastropovich?s charity and support fund ? Help the Lithuanian Children.

Remember as well, it's in their (UBIG) interests to keep Hearts and to an extent, keep us with some level of debt, as they receive tax breaks from the Lithuanian government.

I still maintain, that there probably are short term money issues, but I don't think they affect the long term future of the club.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

head-in-hands.jpg

Until Friday then.

They'd better not leave us in suspense til bloody Friday.... that's definitely cruelty to Jambos in the extreme.

Can I just say I will support Heart of Midlothian FC even if we are playing in the Sunday amateur leagues. I thank you. :rolleyes:

Think alot would mate but you wouldnt want to see us go that way...

Also....

with all these rumours flying about anyone we are due money to may now feel that the time is right to call in the Debt Collectors.

That could see us in real crap.

Champagne back on ice until friday then for you... :mad:

alwaysthereinspirit

A technical hitch by a bank can happen. We all know that.

A technical hitch by a bank not being fixable by said bank after more than a week is not good.

Technical hitch my ass.

18 months ago Vlad was handing over ?30,000 for plastic cows.

To avoid any embarrasement he could fly over and pay the office staff personally, but Edinburgh no longer appears to be his favourite destination.

Until Friday then.

In my opinion. :)

We'll see soon enough.

But would you still leave at 4.20pm ?

Archived