Financial Crisis (merged threads)

piltonjambo

Sounds like there are some worrying issues going on within the club at the moment.

The only thing that consoles me is that 'in the know' people' have been wrong before and I'm hoping that's the case on this occasion.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have always had bad short term capital to play with. How many companies have took us to court to get there money ! Everytime the money has arrived at the last minute ! To suggest that CO and DS have walked is a joke !

willie wallace
What was it everyone used to say?

As long as Ogilvie is at the club it can't be that bad?

First time i have heard Ogilvie's name mentioned for a long time.Have been wondering what is actual role is these days.

I cant believe some people on here are burying there heads here.Clearly there IS a problem and its not as simple as a technical hitch.We have problems and i reckon it will only get worse.

That statement is vague to say the least........I am now very worried.

a bairn wi a biscuit erse can see the club's in trouble.... they might scramble the immediate money, but longer term ... we're in the deep and smelly.

The mad **** has run the club on a precarious knife edge for ages now.... time to admit we've been duped.... now for the asset stripping.

We have always had bad short term capital to play with. How many companies have took us to court to get there money ! Everytime the money has arrived at the last minute ! To suggest that CO and DS have walked is a joke !

Two points - firstly delaying paying outside creditors until the last minute is one thing not paying your own players/staff is quite another both in terms of morale within the club and further reaching implications. Secondly without knowing the full story behind the scenes at Tynecastle how can you say that suggestions of CO and DS walking are a 'joke'?

I cant believe some people on here are burying there heads here.Clearly there IS a problem and its not as simple as a technical hitch.We have problems and i reckon it will only get worse.

Calm doon guys.

Take your mind of this, so called, disaster by organising food parcels for the players families so at least they don't starve before Friday.

FFS get some perspective.

I can only take solace from the fact that there are some shrewd business men running the club, certainly in terms of making money, so why would they swap ?20 million pounds worth of debt for shares in a business that was ultimately going to go down the swanny? I am no financial brain but maybe someone who is can explain why this would happen, and what the benefits for UBIG would be?

And before anyone says 'maybe they didn't see this coming', the credit crunch has been going on for a lot longer than 6 months, and whilst it has intensified of late, said shrewd businessmnen surely wouled act with restraint and ride it out.

I personally am not worried too much since there are a multitude of reasons for the money not being there, rather than we, UBIG and Ukio are skint and there are going belly up :-)

Todays the day the club goes into administration.

So we clear half the debt, only to put ourselves into administration !

I for one don't believe the sitituion is any worse than before but if the **** does hit the fan, then i hope the people who did not renew thier ST are happy that they killed the club !

I for one don't believe the sitituion is any worse than before but if the **** does hit the fan, then i hope the people who did not renew thier ST are happy that they killed the club !

I have renewed for the 16th year running but still- your last sentence is embarrasing and complete and utter bull****.

Calm doon guys.

Take your mind of this, so called, disaster by organising food parcels for the players families so at least they don't starve before Friday.

FFS get some perspective.

I dont really get this 'its ok they are all well paid players so it doesn't matter if they dont get paid' attitude. Its not really the point is it? The point is that its not great that wages arent being paid because a/ it surely has at least a tiny alarm bell ringing for the future and b/ no matter how much you earn if you dont get paid by your employer you are worried about it and it can have a negative effect on your performance and commitment until it is resolved.

Also re the sarcastic bit about food parcels - its not just players that arent being paid now but office staff too. I bet most of them earn less than me and Id be donald ducked if I never got my monthly salary.

I can only take solace from the fact that there are some shrewd business men running the club, certainly in terms of making money, so why would they swap ?20 million pounds worth of debt for shares in a business that was ultimately going to go down the swanny? I am no financial brain but maybe someone who is can explain why this would happen, and what the benefits for UBIG would be?

And before anyone says 'maybe they didn't see this coming', the credit crunch has been going on for a lot longer than 6 months, and whilst it has intensified of late, said shrewd businessmnen surely wouled act with restraint and ride it out.

What like Lehman Bros, HBOS, etc etc etc....

that's a strong statement ... how about they helped to bring about an awakening to what's going on

portobellojambo1

With all due respect SV, if the day came when HMFC did go out of business I think the reasons for that would be more deep rooted than 3,000 to 3,500 people not renewing their season tickets.

Well yes, many things dont add up.

But this doesnt mean its not true, or at least has elements of truth.

if its just an issue with paying staff and players, then this can be fixed.

but if this is a symptom of a bigger issue, then its a problem. Until these recent rumors, there was no suggestion of that. But now things seem to be a bit more concerning. - Although nothing has been confirmed by anyone.

As for a few St holder not renewing. Thats just nonsense.

What like Lehman Bros, HBOS, etc etc etc....

banks are vastly different from football clubs,

And Romanovs bank are doing ok, according to todays report.

Then we can all look at it.....if Hearts were totally goosed for money:

Berra would've been away for ?1.5 Million (bid from Wolves)

Driver would've been away for ?750K (?) (bid from Burnley)

It didn't happen did it?

Aw man, I hate when we hear these kind of stories about Hearts.

Why can't we just read about us being linked with Riordan or O'Conner instead?

I never gave him 3 lots of season ticket money this season, Am i bovvered?

I dont really get this 'its ok they are all well paid players so it doesn't matter if they dont get paid' attitude. Its not really the point is it? The point is that its not great that wages arent being paid because a/ it surely has at least a tiny alarm bell ringing for the future and b/ no matter how much you earn if you dont get paid by your employer you are worried about it and it can have a negative effect on your performance and commitment until it is resolved.

Also re the sarcastic bit about food parcels - its not just players that arent being paid now but office staff too. I bet most of them earn less than me and Id be donald ducked if I never got my monthly salary.

I agree it's not good that the players are not being paid on time but the other staff shoul definetely be worried.

The food parcels was a "joke" BTW.

alwaysthereinspirit

I dont think a few missing ST sales would have helped with paying off the debt.

What p!$$es me off is I just paid for tickets in November.:sad:

I know mate i was just responding to a post that stated that the credit crunch has being going on for a lot longer than 6 months and that 'shrewd businessmen would act with restraint and ride it out.'

With all due respect SV, if the day came when HMFC did go out of business I think the reasons for that would be more deep rooted than 3,000 to 3,500 people not renewing their season tickets.

True, its just the fact that certain people want **** like this to happen, just so they can say that 'i told you so' ! It is more important to them that they are right rather than hearts are sucessful. Again i don't think we are anyway close to the end, a simple reason being is that if they were seriously up the ****ter, they would have tooken on more 3rd party debt rather than all the liability being at Ukio

alwaysthereinspirit
Aw man, I hate when we hear these kind of stories about Hearts.

Why can't we just read about us being linked with Riordan or O'Conner instead?

Things cant be all bad. I laughed at this.

Exactly right, I can only refer you to two earlier threads about UBIG not relying solely on it's one banking interest, and also the fact that the eastern european banking markets being slightly more sheltered than western europe, maybe Latvia apart.

Your comments, Loveofthegame, conveniently leave out my first part about converting debt to equity only a few months ago - why would this be done if we were struggling so much financially? I actually don't know the answer to this question but my slant on it is that it wouldn't make too much financial sense to do so?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Superb. At least JKB doesn't lose its sense of humour on occasions such as this.

Why knock back ?2m for Berra?

Yep, exactly, one of the puzzles pieces that don't make sense.

Even if their is a financial shakeup at the club. Maybe its a vast cost cutting restructuring, rather than a meltdown?

Who knows really, but this 5pm statement seems to be what everyone is waiting on....and its gone 5pm....

In the hope of getting ?2.5million ?

Even if your in financial difficulty?

It seems unlikely.

plausible, but unlikely.

The Baldmans Comb

Unbelievable how many people still can't see that there is serious problem developing here.No-one is making this up. Employees are not getting paid.

This is serious and very worrying.

alwaysthereinspirit

Things are obviously not kosher right now but at least I can book my Christmas party at Tynecastle according to HW.

They wouldn't still be advertising that if things had reached "stage dire" surely.:rolleyes:

David Southern & Campbell Ogilvie have not walked.

Source - David Southern.

did you ask him what the problems were while you were there??!!

portobellojambo1
Yep, exactly, one of the puzzles pieces that don't make sense.

Even if their is a financial shakeup at the club. Maybe its a vast cost cutting restructuring, rather than a meltdown?

Who knows really, but this 5pm statement seems to be what everyone is waiting on....and its gone 5pm....

I have Heart News set up on my PC and although the statement about players salaries appeared on the official website around 16:45 the little pop up on my PC came up bang on 17:00, so I don't know if it is that which was being alluded to earlier within this thread.

Source - David Southern.

Did you get info regarding the wages and general financial situation?

Source - David Southern.

Cheers PTCBL - Did he indicate what has caused this flurry of worry?

Surely it isnt solely down to the EEN peice that went up 30 mins ago?

I regret to say that it is naive to feel that there is no problem. If it was only Hearts that this affected I would agree that it is a lot of tosh. It is however difficult to overlook the fact that Banks and Financial Institutions throughout the World are in serious trouble. To believe implicitly that this would not impact a small business in relative terms like Hearts is not facing reality. The team announcement gives me no solace, it is merely an instrument to give them time. First it was Monday now it is Friday, not good, not good at all.

Like most on here I pray that this sorts out, I really cannot believe it is happening, but then I have had that feeling over many events World and Domestic that did happen and did cause heartache and sadness.

Archived