Financial Crisis (merged threads)

piltonjambo

I heard this about an hour ago and have been waiting for details but it would appear there is a problem ...

as it now appears to be in the open ...

We are apparently in financial trouble and a meeting with the staff is taking place now ... no further details ... don't shoot the messanger

BBC 606 has the following post ... hope it's not this bad ...

Hearts are currently in crisis talks and could be out of business by the end of this week. Will be in the media within the next 24 hours.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hearts out of business at the end of the week? Pah. We have plenty of fans and people connected with the club for that to NOT happen - unlike Gretna

have a look in the rumours section......

Cheers Meadows ... I was not sure about any of this (hope it's keek as speedbump appears to be pointing out)

BBC 606 post is utter garbage ... but I suppose the true story will come out eventually.

ToadKiller Dog
Hearts out of business at the end of the week? Pah. We have plenty of fans and people connected with the club for that to NOT happen - unlike Gretna

To be fair we have been going out of business every other week since the new year ,the rumour has to get it right at some point.

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

According to a hobo at the work the EEN are sitting on the story.

We have a short term cash flow problem - of that there is no doubt.

jamboinglasgow

funny I was told this by my rangers mad flat mate, who found out by followfollow.com which had a story posted by a hobo. I can only see a short term cashflow problem caused by a problem at UKIO and UBIG, as they both seem to not be in trouble I presume that it could be technical problems in their system which means money hasn't been easy to transfer last few days. I imagine if true then this will be sorted by the end of the week and are nothing too serious except those who needed payment this week.

People knew a fortnight ago that wages would not be paid, anyone care to call that a 'technical glitch'?

Also,check the club website for another 'famous' statement just after 5pm.......

Serious cash flow problems is what I've heard. If a creditor takes us to court this week, we are in seriously big trouble.

Which one? we owe that many company`s money i wouldnt be surprised if this was going to happen!!

Serious cash flow problems is what I've heard. If a creditor takes us to court this week, we are in seriously big trouble.

For **** sake. Why always us.

Meadows is your post about a statement on the website fact or just a random guess?

portobellojambo1
People knew a fortnight ago that wages would not be paid, anyone care to call that a 'technical glitch'?

Also,check the club website for another 'famous' statement just after 5pm.......

What will this relay C, a denial, or confirmation that Ogilvie and Southern are to be made redundant.

I for one am taking all this chat with a pinch of salt. Until I see Hearts coming out with an OFFICIAL statement, I usually don't believe all this press chat.

Hopefully someone directs that Nigerian consotium to tynecastle rather than tyneside.

Thats probably the best solution. Once they have signed the ?300 Mill take over...someone can drop the bombshell that they just bought the Best club in Scotland. :)

The Mighty Thor
funny I was told this by my rangers mad flat mate, who found out by followfollow.com which had a story posted by a hobo. I can only see a short term cashflow problem caused by a problem at UKIO and UBIG, as they both seem to not be in trouble I presume that it could be technical problems in their system which means money hasn't been easy to transfer last few days. I imagine if true then this will be sorted by the end of the week and are nothing too serious except those who needed payment this week.

Does anyone else find the fact that a banking group can't transfer funds to one of it's own satellite companies a sign that something perhaps isn't quite right?

notice up now says players will be paid double on friday nothing more

I think the club could be going to the races with the players wages. It said on the official site that the club will PLAY the players wages. Not good imo :)

Hearts released the following statement, this afternoon.

A club spokesperson said, "The club will play the players' wages for last week in full at the end of this week.

"They will be paid with the current week's wages on Friday."

My gut feeling was that there was nothing to worry about ...... I have to admit I am starting to feel a bit worried now.

The club would be advised to comment before these rumours get out of hand.

portobellojambo1
Are you taking the ****?!

Not in the slightest, there are some things that merit taking the p i s s, some things which do not, this is one of those which falls into the category do not. I was asking a question of the poster based on something on another thread, I am as much in the dark as everyone else, and was trying to get further output.

My gut feeling was that there was nothing to worry about ...... I have to admit I am starting to feel a bit worried now.

The club would be advised to comment before these rumours get out of hand.

See above.

Meadows ... I have no further details except to say that this came from a usually VERY reliable source ... have you heard that there IS to be a statement at 17.00 or is that just your thoughts on what may happen?

That statement is vague to say the least........I am now very worried.

Not its not.

Its very direct.

"They will be paid with the current week's wages on Friday."

Archived