Players still not paid

Geoff Kilpatrick

Geoff Kilpatrick
The only farce is that you have assumed that because nothing more has been said, there must be a huge issue.

The club have said nothing more, most likely because there is nothing more to say. Its being fixed. Its been addressed previously. End of story.

OK, I'll take your word for it. You obviously know. :rolleyes:

Meantime, the press will be over this story like a rash over the next few days spinning this every way possible. You think I'm "sensationalising"? How many links will you pick up from the EEN website, for example, over the next few days? A pound to a penny you won't link any story about this issue unless there is a story confirming the matter is sorted by the club.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Or maybe they're just not bothered and there's no almighty crisis of twisty knicker proportions looming? I'm going to go with that theory because that's what Berra said and until I hear something else from someone who doesn't have a muck raking agenda and papers to sell, his word is good enough for me.

And you're not being sceptical, you're being a doom & gloom monger and looking for the worst case scenario. Have a Kit Kat or something. :)

I prefere to call it keeping an open mind.

I'm off for a Jaffa Cake - don't like Kit Kats.

The only farce is that you have assumed that because nothing more has been said, there must be a huge issue.

The club have said nothing more, most likely because there is nothing more to say. Its being fixed. Its been addressed previously. End of story.

Conversely (and imho more farcical), you are assuming that because nothing more has been said that it is all sorted and is not an issue. I would have thought that as it was leaked to the press and generated bad publicity then it would be in the clubs interest to advise that it had been sorted and put to bed.

Perhaps the club have said nothing more because no-one with any form of authority is willing to say anything more and David Southern has learnt his lesson about making promises he isn't a position to keep

I prefere to call it keeping an open mind.

I'm off for a Jaffa Cake - don't like Kit Kats.

Does an open mind always have to extend to inclusion of very remote or highly unlikely scenarios though?

Jaffa cakes are the way forward. Especially after star jumps.

And it will get fixed.

But there has to a concern over :

Why did it break ?

Why is taking so long to fix ?

Such things happen. The world isn't perfect. Im sure even you make mistakes, forget things etc.

Id hardly say a few days is a long time for something to be fixed.

So no, there doesn't have to be concern at all.

marshallschunkychicken

So who's going to admit to being Harvey Dent over on fibs.net?

If he posts here, I'd like to know more about the cleaners walking out over the weekend.

Seriously.

MacDonald Jardine
Conversely (and imho more farcical), you are assuming that because nothing more has been said that it is all sorted and is not an issue. I would have thought that as it was leaked to the press and generated bad publicity then it would be in the clubs interest to advise that it had been sorted and put to bed.

Perhaps the club have said nothing more because no-one with any form of authority is willing to say anything more and David Southern has learnt his lesson about making promises he isn't a position to keep

I see our friendly neighbours have made their minds up.

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=130112

Its not a stupid question to ask at all as some posters on this forum seem to delight in sensationalism over the most trivial of matters or where very little REAL information is around,prefer to muddy the waters to make things appear much worse than they are!!!

There is a world of difference in thinking some posters are taking delight in sensationalism and thinking some Hearts fans would take delight if the Club wnet out of business.

OK, I'll take your word for it. You obviously know. :rolleyes:

Meantime, the press will be over this story like a rash over the next few days spinning this every way possible. You think I'm "sensationalising"? How many links will you pick up from the EEN website, for example, over the next few days? A pound to a penny you won't link any story about this issue unless there is a story confirming the matter is sorted by the club.

Oh please.

You sound so wounded.

The only worthy news story will be if this issue gets worse, or does not get fixed.

Until then, its a non-story.

The club already have responded and explained that the issue is sorted.

That's all they need to say and it's all we need to hear.

Quite honestly, if you want to get down to the nitty gritty of it - it's absolutely none of our business anyway.

Does an open mind always have to extend to inclusion of very remote or highly unlikely scenarios though?

Jaffa cakes are the way forward. Especially after star jumps.

I find if I look at things laterally and explore all possiblities then nothing comes as a surprise to me.

Btw.....

Jaffa Cakes are indeed the way forward.

Something else I've got George Burley to thank for.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Oh please.

You sound so wounded.

The only worthy news story will be if this issue gets worse, or does not get fixed.

"Wounded"? Brilliant! I'm off to bed and I'll sleep easily irrespective of what is going on.

I do enjoy your defensive mindset though. Can you send me a PM please to let me know when we should be concerned as you are all seeing and all knowing? Thanks!

Oh please.

You sound so wounded.

Does paying the players a week late instead of the couple of days late originally stated then make it a story ?

"Wounded"? Brilliant! I'm off to bed and I'll sleep easily irrespective of what is going on.

I do enjoy your defensive mindset though. Can you send me a PM please to let me know when we should be concerned as you are all seeing and all knowing? Thanks!

That was pathetic.

Grow up.

I find if I look at things laterally and explore all possiblities then nothing comes as a surprise to me.

Btw.....

Jaffa Cakes are indeed the way forward.

Something else I've got George Burley to thank for.

We're Jambos. Honestly...do you think we're likely to ever be surprised by anything ever again?

I can't believe you managed to get a pro-Burley comment into this debate. I'm almost impressed.

:laugh:

We're Jambos. Honestly...do you think we're likely to ever be surprised by anything ever again?

I can't believe you managed to get a pro-Burley comment into this debate. I'm almost impressed.

:laugh:

;)

The People's Chimp
Finanial control was removed from HMFC was because we allowed a marketing man to have control over budgets,a recipe for disaster in my experience.

The response was Draconian and in many ways typically Russian....control budgets centrally with local people having zero disccretion to exceed their quarterly allocation.

This practice has caused creditors to wait for payments and for wages not to be paid.

It works short term.but like communism in Russia is eventually doomed to failure,when we have our director of football swanning of to Euro finals to show of his new barnet .nepotism at the club...with players being signed after a S American junket and players conversely not being paid on time.

This, to me, sums the whole thing up.

How some people on here can continue to say this is still not an issue is beyond me.

The players don't get paid and are told it will be sorted early next week which it hasn't been. Papers are saying possibly Friday and the club are now saying nothing.

It does not take that long to sort out a technical hitch so what is the problem?

If I am to believe, as the papers and some posters on here want me to, that this is not just a technical glitch and that hearts are facing administration etc etc

Can anything be done????? Can hearts be saved??? or have we left it to late????

If I am to believe, as the papers and some posters on here want me to, that this is not just a technical glitch and that hearts are facing administration etc etc

Can anything be done????? Can hearts be saved??? or have we left it to late????

Nope. It's over. We're all going to die.

Dammit.

:cry_smile:

What do you want the club to do?

Sort out the players pay? - do you think they haven't done this? or aren't doing this? Dont you think the club have fixed the problem and therefore it is resolved or at least will be soon?

Do you want them to publicly address the situation? How, by having the club captain, someone who speaks for the players, who are the ones who are directly affected speak on the situation and say they are not worried? Clearly this has been done.

Do you want the club to release MORE statements about it? Do you really want the club to pander to the rags sensationalist stories? You want them to jump everytime the papers release something anti-hearts? To defend themselves all the time? Even over such non-stories?

The club have so far done everything that can be expected and done it correctly.

ONLY if the problem is not fixed will this EVER become a story worth worrying about.

No offence meant, but aren't you contradicting your own argument there? The problem does NOT appear to have been fixed so surely it now becomes a bona fide story? To be honest I don't really understand why some regarded it as a 'non story' in the first place. Non payment of wages is big deal in my opinion, whatever the reasons for it. And as I've said before, when this sort of problem arises at a football club it is NEVER the forerunner of good news...

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Familiar pattern to this thread - Hearts fan raises a subject about Hearts for Hearts fans to discuss, Dr Bapswent righteously attempts to destroy him.:)

I wonder when this will become a story worthy of discussion - if they haven't been paid in a week, two weeks, a month?.

Dr. Bapswent

I can't believe you're having a go at Geoff for highlighting a negative story about Hearts. What do you think we should do on a forum about Hearts? Only comment on positive stories?

Sounds like you have the most extreme case of head in the sand I've seen.

What annoys me most is that by acting they way you are you give ammunition to all the wrist slashers and doom merchants.

Hearts players not being paid on time is a bad thing. Hearts players still not being paid a week later(as is now being reported weather correct or not) is a VERY bad thing and warrants discussion.

Personally I get more worried as the days go by and would like a statement saying that all have now been paid.

I get paid weekly too, and if my pay is wrong then I have to wait until my next pay slip for it to be corrected. Why should the Hearts players not have to wait until the following pay day?

This is why footballers have become such pansys these days.

I get paid weekly too, and if my pay is wrong then I have to wait until my next pay slip for it to be corrected. Why should the Hearts players not have to wait until the following pay day?

This is why footballers have become such pansys these days.

You'd wait for week with no pay ?

You'd wait for week with no pay ?

Yes, it's 7 days. If you spend all you money and keep nothing incase of emergencies then you need your head looking at.

Unfortunately the players not being paid is not a non-issue, nor is the fact that they will have to wait the full week for their money.

What the players earn isn't an issue and I'm sure none of them will go without nourishment or a roof over their head but the worst thing you can do to any employee of any organisation is not pay them. It affects morale and confidence down to its most basic level.

Unfortunately the players not being paid is not a non-issue, nor is the fact that they will have to wait the full week for their money.

What the players earn isn't an issue and I'm sure none of them will go without nourishment or a roof over their head but the worst thing you can do to any employee of any organisation is not pay them. It affects morale and confidence down to its most basic level.

Does this only affect the players?

Are the other staff in the same boat?

Yes, it's 7 days. If you spend all you money and keep nothing incase of emergencies then you need your head looking at.

So you'd happliy wait for your company to pay you a week late !!

Bizarre.

So you'd happliy wait for your company to pay you a week late !!

Bizarre.

I dont recall him saying he be happy about it.

But understanding and not panicing.

Does this only affect the players?

Are the other staff in the same boat?

I don't know - some of the commercial staff will be on commission so it would make sense for them to be paid monthly. Footballers traditionally are paid weekly so they may well be on a different wage run.

With some of the other happenings in the finance sector currently, you wouldn't be slightly concerned?

I don't recall him saying he'd be understanding and that he wouldn't panic.

With some of the other happenings in the finance sector currently, you wouldn't be slightly concerned?

Not if my employer promised me it would be sorted in a few days.

If that didnt occur, then I would worry.

But as its only tuesday, its too early for that.

The other happenings in the financial sector wouldnt worry me other, unless my contract stated id be paid depending on how the market does.

PressleyThePlonker

I seriously hope this is just a big misunderstanding, but in the off chance that it isn't - the only good to come out of all this will be getting rid of that clown thats running your club.

Scottish Football needs Hearts and I know for a fact that all your fans and some pretty wealthy people won't let this lunatic destroy HMFC.

I suppose if the worst comes to the worst, it might be a blessing in disguise.

You guys have put up with this idiot's crap for far too long.

The other happenings in the financial sector wouldnt worry me other, unless my contract stated id be paid depending on how the market does.

So if the players aren't paid by tomorrow they should start to worry ?

That is the most idiotic statement I have ever seen you post - and it has some competition. While it is not yet clear whether there is an ongoing problem in the current financial climate I would be certainly at least a little concerned about not getting paid. I'm willing to bet there are a good few people working for companies like XL and HBOS who arent going to get paid or lose their jobs and that their contract says nothing about payment/future employment being reliant on the state of the market.

The Mighty Thor

The article in the EEN states they have no idea when monthly salaries will be paid. I'm sure that's comforting to the non-playing staff at Hearts.

Never mind with hindsight they can take in the very sound advice of Taylor_1874 and if they have indeed spent their last month's salary on stuff like rent, food, utilities (not unreasonable behaviour) then tough ****!! you should have kept some back in case of emergencies! :sad:

Sexton Hardcastle

HEARTS' wages issue intensified today when club staff were informed their monthly salaries will not be paid tomorrow with no guarantee given about when the money will arrive.

The Evening News can reveal non-footballing staff at Tynecastle normally receive their salaries on the 24th of the month but were told this morning that the club cannot provide a date when wages will be paid, and that funds will definitely not be deposited into bank accounts tomorrow.

The Edinburgh club, whose finances are controlled by Vladimir Romanov's Ukio Bankas Investment Group, failed to pay their players' weekly salaries last week but have promised to do so this Friday if not before.

The players are believed to have been relaxed about the situation but are now aware that other staff within the club are also now going without wages.

Senior officials at Tynecastle are attempting to have funds released as soon as possible from Lithuania where Ukio Bankas Investment Group controls Hearts' finances.

However, as yet, money has not been forthcoming and staff have been unable to obtain a definitive reason for the wages delay.

The club were unavailable for comment on the matter.

Hearts' last audited accounts revealed net debt of ?36.25million, although July's approval of a debt-for-equity scheme will reduce that figure by ?12 million.

For those lazy people.

If we're not careful this will be brewing into a story.

Nah, still a non-story surely. :o

It must be about time for the first sarcastic "MAD VALD OUT" post. :rolleyes:

Your unfortunate sneering nature can sometimes lead you to post nonsense, and example is highlighted above.

Billy the Jambo

I am very worried about Hearts now .This looks like a Gretna situation players not getting paid and if it is only the mad one that signs the cheques then i think we are in deep [email protected] good thing that might come out of this is that we will probably get rid of the ****ing idiot that is has been killing the club since the day he took over

Archived