The Official Ryder Cup Thread

chester copperpot

Arse 'Friends' Dyslexic?

I don't care how bad his form was leading up to the event but Faldo should have picked Monty. :mad:

The American are **** scared of Monty when he's in Ryder Cup mode.

The American public are **** scared of annoying Monty when he's in Ryder Cup mode.

The US press are **** scared of annoying Monty when he's in Ryder Cup mode.

And European Team know that if anyone annoys them; it's the same thing as annoying Monty when he's in Ryder Cup mode.

Even Chuck Norris is **** scared of annoying Monty when he's in Ryder Cup mode. :P

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
chester copperpot
I don't care how bad his form was leading up to the event but Faldo should have picked Monty. :mad:

The American are **** scared of Monty when he's in Ryder Cup mode.

The American public are **** scared of annoying Monty when he's in Ryder Cup mode.

The US press are **** scared of annoying Monty when he's in Ryder Cup mode.

And European Team know that if anyone annoys them; it's the same thing as annoying Monty when he's in Ryder Cup mode.

Even Chuck Norris is **** scared of annoying Monty when he's in Ryder Cup mode. :P

Imagine how they felt about Darren Clarke then :eek:?

I love watching the Ryder Cup. There is some fantastic golf shots on show just now. Poulter's iron to within 12 inches of the flag, Mickelsons full swing lob shot which goes only 10 yards....

I love watching the Ryder Cup. There is some fantastic golf shots on show just now. Poulter's iron to within 12 inches of the flag, Mickelsons full swing lob shot which goes only 10 yards....

He topped it??

He topped it??

No, he was just off the green, and played one of his flop shots. Full backswing, full clubhead speed and the ball just pops up, out of the rough, and lands about 10 yards away. The type of full swing we would take with the big dog! Fantastic shot.

Where are Faldo and Olazabal, whenever I have seen them they seem to be together, this is the time when the players need something from the captain and his assistant (should be assistants), not liking this one bit.

heartgarfunkel
Europe are going to get pumped, i hate to say but a part of me is pretty happy about too. Faldo is a total c*ck.

He really is a ****ing spanner.

The Old Tolbooth

God I hate the yanks when it comes to this tourney, but you gotta hand it to them that they've been bloody good today like.

This is killing me. I don't really hate the Yanks but with all the whooping and the hollering by the rednecks aaaarrrrgggghhhhh.

Where are Faldo and Olazabal, whenever I have seen them they seem to be together, this is the time when the players need something from the captain and his assistant (should be assistants), not liking this one bit.

I always had a bad feeling about only having 1 assistant. According to Radio 5 Live earlier, Faldo has tried to compensate for this by having some of the European Tour caddies over just now, those that don;t have a bag in the tournament, walking round the other games reporting back on the scores. Doesn't fill me with much confidence. :(

chester copperpot
Ricky Gervais is on C4 ... switch over!

That 6-4 bet I made when they were bad outsider's looks not too bad now.

Put a little bit on Europe at 9s so I am now guaranteed a win! ;)

Europe or the tie will win me my stake, plus a tiny bit, U.S. win will get me 6 times my stake which aint too bad

I've thought for a few weeks that it's their turn to win this. I think they hurt after the last two beatings they've had and I actually think the inexperience in their team will actually help.

Not sure I can stand watching it with all the crap the crowd give out though.

Americans (who I actually like) at their worst

America are the home team, so of course the crowd is gonna be partisan

THey don't shout out during shots, so I don't mind their chanting and support. I think it adds a lot to the atmosphere

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
America are the home team, so of course the crowd is gonna be partisan

THey don't shout out during shots, so I don't mind their chanting and support. I think it adds a lot to the atmosphere

Agreed. Makes for an exciting spectacle.

The yanks are impressing me that's for sure ...

Agreed. Makes for an exciting spectacle.

The yanks are impressing me that's for sure ...

Leonard and Mahan especially have been superb.

Mahan obviously likes being a slave:eek:

You have to say well played Poulter and Rose for that point, but everything seems to be going for the septics. We need a huge day tomorrow.

Agree JWL, I fear we are gonna get a pumping in the singles on Sunday :(

Agree JWL, I fear we are gonna get a pumping in the singles on Sunday :(

The U.S. always seem stronger inn the singles, and I really fear for Europe as the Americans seem to be excelling when the crowd gets going on the back 9. Europe really need to win tomorrow at least 6-2 to have a fighting chance for Sunday imo

chester copperpot
Couple of poor drives from the septics in the final game. Westie needs to step up now get us a point here....

America have been barry. I've got 20 quid on them to win. Fair play likes. Only got 5-4 though.

Kim and Mickelson are an outstanding combo it has to be said.

Kim seems to really bring the best out of Mickelson, which noone has really done at Ryder Cup

The worrying thing is that Kim has not been at best, especially this morning, but Europe, with their best player, still couldn't beat them

The U.S. always seem stronger inn the singles, and I really fear for Europe as the Americans seem to be excelling when the crowd gets going on the back 9. Europe really need to win tomorrow at least 6-2 to have a fighting chance for Sunday imo

This is where your captain has to play a massive part, I think a lot of the guys have been intimidated today when the septics have got their noses in front, a good captain calms his guys down, but unfortunately we do not have a good captain.

The Old Tolbooth

The Yanks approach play and putting has been phenomenal so far, I've been disappointed with Harrington though, I thought someone with his experience would have defended a 3 hole lead in the morning session, atted and a 2 hole lead in the afternoon, he's gotta be gutted at that like!

chester copperpot
The Yanks approach play and putting has been phenomenal so far, I've been disappointed with Harrington though, I thought someone with his experience would have defended a 3 hole lead in the morning session, atted and a 2 hole lead in the afternoon, he's gotta be gutted at that like!

Haha, get it right up you, you European twunts.

Much as I'd love to believe our Captain could inspire golfer's, I don't think he's even close to being able to doing so.He will select his friends, usually Poulter and Rose where ...................God I'VE LOST IT. The Chianti's kicking in. What a shot by boo.

Much as I'd love to believe our Captain could inspire golfer's, I don't think he's even close to being able to doing so.He will select his friends, usually Poulter and Rose where ...................God I'VE LOST IT. The Chianti's kicking in. What a shot by boo.

Thats the key for me, I don't believe the majority of golfers have any respect for Faldo, from what I've read anyway.

The Old Tolbooth
Haha, get it right up you, you European twunts.

Ha ha!!!

******! :P

Boo Weekley might be able to hit the ball a huge distance but thankfully he can't hit it straight. If he needs a lesson , I could give him a few pointers

Archived