Just seen Shabba!

heartsfc_fan

Everybody loves Baz

I've met the author Andrew Henry Bowie,

The moment will last with me forever.:o

jamboinglasgow
F ** K OFF! I saw Traynor on the High Street during the festival. He was crossing the road. At the very same time as me.

I'll never forget it. Incredible times.

In Glasgow, my flat used to be near the bbc building, saw Chic Young, Jim Traynor, Stuart Cosgrove and I saw Tam Cowan walking back to work surronded by three female colleagues, looks a bit of a ladies man. Also was in a pub near by when Tam walked in and was sat at the table next to me, Celtic were playing St Mirren on tv but he did not seem interested.

Also once worked in a hotel, serving breakfast one day, we had closed the restaurant as it was after closing time when suddenly an american woman walked quickly to the door, realised the restaurant was closed said rather loudly "oh s***" and turned around where I was standing about to go into the private bit, I was looking at her about to explain the situation when she looked at me and said Hi like I was a Gawping fan, then she went off. That woman was none other than...Ruby Wax.

Also saw Joan Rivers walking down past greyfriars with a camera crew during the festival, she had her grandchild with her.

marshallschunkychicken

I repeatedly served Leslie Phillips large 'brandy & dry gingers' at what is now the Edinburgh Marriott about 10 years ago.

gulliver1.jpg

Legend.

Served Davie Mcpherson upstairs in the Rutland many moons ago and he bought me a pint, since he was about 4 feet from the bar when I served him, ignoring about 15 people who were in front of him. Also spoke to Les Dawson in Blackpool as a kid. Not sure which one is better.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

I once saw Paul Whitehouse in a greek restaurant in Soho. He'd only come in to collect a takeaway. Wasn't showbizzy at all, just stood quietly in the waiting area until his order was ready.

HAMILTON HEARTS
Served Davie Mcpherson upstairs in the Rutland many moons ago and he bought me a pint, since he was about 4 feet from the bar when I served him, ignoring about 15 people who were in front of him. Also spoke to Les Dawson in Blackpool as a kid. Not sure which one is better.

served andy gray robbiefowler had a pint with hearts squad in the rococo club in hamilton they were at a night out with derek ferguson and aiso had a great chat with the great man himself the great waldo he was in parks looking at the bmw

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Once saw ... no, scrub that ... Twice saw the Hearts win the cup.

Should I keep this one for the Hibs.net "I once saw..." thread? :107years:

Met Stephane Adam as I walked out the jewellers after buying my wife's engagement ring. Seemed like a good omen.

Got married on 16 May exactly 5 years after he scored THAT goal.

:):):):)

Ah, weekends in Blackpool.

Frank Carson.

J.T.F.Robertson
I shared a lift with Alan Shearer and Stevie Winwood bought me a drink.

He obviously thought you were like jazz on a summer's day. ;)

I can't remember ever seeing anyone. Sure I must have though. :rolleyes:

I've seen Brian Laudrup, Henrik Larsson, Neil Lennon, Ally McCoist, Craig Gordon, Paul Hartley, Paul Gascoigne ... playing football at Tynecastle.

Glamorgan Jambo

Stood behind a disgruntled looking Chris Martin, a wig wearing Gwyneth Paltrow and their kids plus entourage in the security queue at Newark Airport at 6am on a Sunday a few months ago. They looked and were extremely annoyed at being screened in the same area as the public (about 6 of us) who were by and large totally ignoring them.

I met Paul Mccartney and Bryan Ferry at the odean (not the same day)...

Heather Mills McCartney, Indian Restaurant, Bled, Slovenia, June 2006

I've seen Brian Laudrup, Henrik Larsson, Neil Lennon, Ally McCoist, Craig Gordon, Paul Hartley, Paul Gascoigne ... playing football at Tynecastle.

:eek:

He obviously thought you were like jazz on a summer's day. ;)

I can't remember ever seeing anyone. Sure I must have though. :rolleyes:

I'm sure you've bought me a drink too......... ;)

Used to live next door to Bert Paton (ex-Dunfermline manager), I've lived a sheltered life :(

Gordon Brown came to my work once but I wasn't one of the chosen few to meet him

Just remembered, a few weeks back I was waiting on some Norwegian visitors outside the Stand comedy club and Jimmy Carr asked for directions

Just remembered, a few weeks back I was waiting on some Norwegian visitors outside the Stand comedy club and Jimmy Carr asked for directions

Been on stage at The Pleasance with Alan Carr - killed his act as he wasn't funny.

Who's laughing now?

Never a fan of his 'direction'.

Rather funny I thought.

I was walking home past where the old Fat Sams used to be on the way to fountain park and who do I meet in the street about 20 mins ago? Csaba Lazlo and his wife!

so you didn't actually MEET him, just happened to walk past them in the street

:hobofish:

Been on stage at The Pleasance with Alan Carr - killed his act as he wasn't funny.

Who's laughing now?

Never a fan of his 'direction'.

Not his orthodontist :)

Back in the early 90's Bernard Manning was the comic at the Tartan Club.

Myself and my mate were sitting at our table and in walked John Robertson, Neil Berry, Wayne Foster and Derek Ferguson.:) They came to our table and asked us if they could join us!:eek: No problem we said. Brilliant afternoon. People were probably wondering who my mate and I were!

i also told frank mcillveny to faff off when he was following me around club 30 one night

Thank god you never spotted me following you then !!!

I was once chauffered Barry Humphries (Dame Edna) around Edinburgh area for a weekend .

Great guy and left good tip as well as free meals at his hotel on the north bridge.

Also had a few pints with Mr McCoist -- nice guy and doesn't take himself too seriously.

(go to Fox and Hounds near Houston and you'll see half the Rangers team )

Archived