There was a 'hard of hearing' chap that sat on the maroon and white benches ...

Buffalo Bill

He had a really high pitched voice, and was always having a right go at the ref or Walter Kidd or whoever.

When I was a kid attending games in the 80s, he was always at the games, home and away; espeacially loud at mid-week games for some reason.

Who was he?

What was his story?

I never hear him now.

And what's more strange, is that I don't think I ever once saw who he was.

Maybe it was all in my head?!!!

Buffalo Bill

Chad Sexington
He had a really high pitched voice, and was always having a right go at the ref or Walter Kidd or whoever.

When I was a kid attending games in the 80s, he was always at the games, home and away; espeacially loud at mid-week games for some reason.

Who was he?

What was his story?

I never hear him now.

Buffalo Bill

Nah, you're not imagining it mate. I heard him many a time too.

Funnily enough, I never saw him either.

:cool:

Who was he?

What was his story?

I never hear him now.

Buffalo Bill

No - it wasn't.

He was on my Bus going to Prague in 86. Nice guy. Saw him for many years after as well - funny enough not seen him for a wee while.

Not sure if he was linked to the Manchester Hearts in some way?

I'm sure I saw him once, he was always pulling his break up due to a lack of a belt, pulling the odd mince pie from his pocket and putting on and pulling off his Hearts wolly gloves all the time. If it's the same bloke we are on about.

Nah, you're not imagining it mate. I heard him many a time too.

Funnily enough, I never saw him either.

:cool:

Do you think it was . . . . . Pee-ter?!!!*

*terrible inside joke

Buffalo Bill

Not sure if it's the same guy but........

A gentleman fitting BB's description often frequented the Ardmillan Hearts Club after the matches.

Not sure if it's the same guy but........

A gentleman fitting BB's description often frequented the Ardmillan Hearts Club after the matches.

You see, that's the thing with the English language ... he fitted BB's description of the hard of hearing person, or he fitted the description of BB himself ?

or he fitted the description of BB himself ?

Sounds like he's a good looking guy, if you ask me? :eek:

Buffalo Bill

I remeber this guy, he has a bald head and a mastache.

Used to sit up near section B in the wheatfield if my memory serves me correctly

You see, that's the thing with the English language ... he fitted BB's description of the hard of hearing person, or he fitted the description of BB himself ?

:)

I remeber this guy, he has a bald head and a mastache.

Used to sit up near section B in the wheatfield if my memory serves me correctly

Kinda.

He had a tache but also dark hair - albiet receeding by not majorly. Sect B about right though.

There was a guy matching this description that used to stand beside my dad & his brother next to the pylon in the shed.

Definately deaf.

When Hearts scored he used to do a lot of pointing and make a noise that sort of went like this; uhhhooouuuuhoooo uuuu uu.

I know the guy you are on about, he had a mate as well if i remember and they could both make a racket.

Last seen him at the Red Star Belgrade game i think which obviously wisnae yesterday.

File next to 'Jesus' and 'Glovesy' in the random fan stakes.

I know the guy you are on about, he had a mate as well if i remember and they could both make a racket.

Last seen him at the Red Star Belgrade game i think which obviously wisnae yesterday.

File next to 'Jesus' and 'Glovesy' in the random fan stakes.

Is Jesus the guy with the long afro or someone else? Who is Glovesy?

As far as I know, wee sinky is the one that stands out for me.

What a ****ing voice for such a wee guy.

That's the felly, always got a maroon jumper on. Think he goes on the Musselburgh or Pans bus, somewhere out that way anyway.

Glovesy is the boy who does the warm up, pulls his sleeves right the way up to his shoulder before mimicking the teams exercises. Drinks in the Tynie before the games.

That's the felly, always got a maroon jumper on. Think he goes on the Musselburgh or Pans bus, somewhere out that way anyway.

Glovesy is the boy who does the warm up, pulls his sleeves right the way up to his shoulder before mimicking the teams exercises. Drinks in the Tynie before the games.

That's who I was on about, clearly not all there;)

Glovesy ??

Where does that name come from ?

Here's another one.

Who's the guy who sits around section n, long hair, i'm guessing fond of a pint, looks a lot like Frank Gallagher from shameless and a slim version of the big guy (billy?) who hangs around Robertsons?

There was a guy matching this description that used to stand beside my dad & his brother next to the pylon in the shed.

Definately deaf.

When Hearts scored he used to do a lot of pointing and make a noise that sort of went like this; uhhhooouuuuhoooo uuuu uu.

Remember him well,he initially stood at the tunnel where the teams came out...1st saw him in 1969 v's Cowdenbeath.

Glovesy?? Always knew him as stretch.

.[/quote I remember this guy as well from way back, but I thought the noise he made was more of a oooouuuhuhuhuuu oouu oo aw.:wacko:

Remember him well,he initially stood at the tunnel where the teams came out...1st saw him in 1969 v's Cowdenbeath.

That must have put the sh'tters up the opposition!

Buffalo Bill

There was one guy who used to sit on the benches next to the snack bar below the tv gantry in the 80's who used to let out screams, it was like a very high pitched aaahhh!......aaahhh!....aaahhh! throughout the games but i never did see who it was in all those years, when i'm looking at some games from that time you can hear him between breaks in commentary! As kids, we used to find the screaming funny :lolpoint: Ah the good old days! :)

That must have put the sh'tters up the opposition!

Buffalo Bill

He gave everyone round there a fright,when we came close to scoring:eek:

eeeeeeeeeeeeooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhh.....noal!

Here's another one.

Who's the guy who sits around section n, long hair, i'm guessing fond of a pint, looks a lot like Frank Gallagher from shameless and a slim version of the big guy (billy?) who hangs around Robertsons?

The big guy in robbos is called Bernie (not his real name though);)

THAT is some memory.

Frank Sidebottom

Sits in Row 4 of Section G. Also known as the Gorgie Dancer:Hearts Man spotrun:

THAT is some memory.

The reason I remember it was against C/beath was that I went with my old man who was a C/beath season ticket holder and it was the season they got promoted.

The Althziemers hasnt kicked in yet mate:)

ginger jambo98
Here's another one.

If you mean the back row, along from where the Physio team stand, that's Suss. He used to drink in the Barnton before it's untimely demise, nowadays frequents the Mid Yoken.

SUS!! Is he still alive!!! Thought the drink would've finnished him off by now! He used to drink in the Barnton and the Mid-Yoken, i'm going back 20 years or more and he was permenantly drunk then!

Jesus John,independant tobacco retailer The Marmion

The People's Chimp
Jesus John,independant tobacco retailer The Marmion

Is he the guy with the really dark black hair, (maybe a beard?) quite thin, wears a maroon hearts rugby strip sort of thing, or maybe a maroon jumper? been seeing him at games for as long as I can remember, not sure what the last time was though. Think he sits, or used to, in the main stand?

As for "glovesy" from section p we call him the wheatfield dancer/ warm up man or whatever else springs to mind at the time. what a character....

oh aye, and who is sinky? heard about him on numerous threads...

Is he the guy with the really dark black hair, (maybe a beard?) quite thin, wears a maroon hearts rugby strip sort of thing, or maybe a maroon jumper? been seeing him at games for as long as I can remember, not sure what the last time was though. Think he sits, or used to, in the main stand?

No different guy.

As for "glovesy" from section p we call him the wheatfield dancer/ warm up man or whatever else springs to mind at the time. what a character....

oh aye, and who is sinky? heard about him on numerous threads...

Short, stalky, earing, usually singing something. You would most likely know him if you saw him. Think he's a postie from Drylaw kinda way but might be wrong.

The People's Chimp
No different guy.

Funny though, how people see and remember lots of the same faces, for particular reasons. guys that are there everyweek.

in fact women that are there evry week as well; the ones who sit a few along from me and always have their sandwiches and cups of tea...and always look back in a mixture of sadness/anger at the inevitable (and necessary) abuse that gets thrown about...

If you mean the back row, along from where the Physio team stand, that's Suss. He used to drink in the Barnton before it's untimely demise, nowadays frequents the Mid Yoken.

Yeah thats the guy. I first noticed him at the 4-4 derby a few years back swining around the pillar fireman's pole style.

Has anyone ever seen the guy with a big massive Morrissey looking sort of quiff thing that extends from the front of his head? I saw him at my very first Hearts game and many times since then.

The White Cockade

anyone remember "Lottery Tickets"

Old guy who I think went to the games with old Agnes

Spent the whole afternoon uttering those two words

anyone remember "Lottery Tickets"

Old guy who I think went to the games with old Agnes

Spent the whole afternoon uttering those two words

looked like bernard cribbens ?

looked like bernard cribbens ?

lol.

Imagine being known as the guy "who looks like Bernard Cribbens", poor sod.

Buffalo Bill

sus????????? also known as the careless barnton bee-keeper:p

Perth to Paisley

Sandy - Maroon flat cap - white hair - incredibly loud voice - Craigmillair bus.

Wheatfield side = Halfway line at the wall.

1970's [80's maybe]

Legend

Anyone remember another chap who used to sit in the Shed who wasn't happy unless the stretcher-bearers were brought out. Everytime an opposition player got the ball he'd shout: "BREAK HIS LEGS". Mind, everytime one of our's was on the deck after a hefty challenge it would be: "GET UP YA BIG POOF - THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH YOU!". Only in Craig Levein's case, there usually was.

I think there were two, and they worked at Ferranti ... haven't they been discussed before ?

certainly one did, I worked in the same team as him

as loyal a jambo I have ever met

Archived