McDonald Wants Out.

Chad Sexington

jamie mac did nothing to be droped at ibrox that is for sure, but now its a case of kello hasnt dont much wrong to be dropped either, and im sure csabas wanting to have a look at balogh, but wants to wait till their is a good reason to drop kello.

thing is their are now 3 keepers in first team contention, 4 if you count banks, and 2 youth keepers coming through, jamie needs to go out on loan to keep ticking over, he is still young and could do with another year away until the goal keeping situation at hearts becomes less 'crowded'

5 if you include Basso:)

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Bit dissapointed in McDonald here.

We are FIVE games into the season and he's moaning about not being number 1?!

I've seen him in action quite a few times with Scotland and he's in no position to be demanding a start at HMFC.

Bottom line is, Kello is better than McDonald. To hell with the "ooh, it isn't right" sentiments; I want the best players playing for Hearts. Isn't that what the hatkickers have been saying all along? :rolleyes:

Previously John McGlynn, Stevie Frail & latterly Neil McCann were the 'father figures' for many of the young players at Hearts, as far as I know Hearts did offer McCann a coaching role but he wanted to keep playing in the SPL and Falkirk offered him this as well as the opportunity to get involved with coaching at some point.

portobellojambo1
I like Kello - he commands his box which is something we have not had for a long time and is distribution is good - he likes to get the ball to the fullbacks early.

As for Jamie Mac - I thought he deserved his chance and played well enough at Ibrox - he should have been given an extended run. He didn't but I am happy with keeper we have though.

I tend to agree with you, both of them have played and neither have done anything wrong. I think what some are saying is that it is the reasoning behind why we have not yet seen Balogh play. I think Laszlo has stated that he believes Balogh is a better keeper than Kello, but that Kello will retain the position until such times as his performance levels drop, making it necessary to change goalkeepers. I do not have a problem with such an attitude ( the last thing you want is a different goalkeeper between the sticks every week), but it would have been much better if he adopted that stance with regards to MacDonald as well, i.e. he (MacDonald) should have retained the goalkeeping position until such time as his performance level dropped, then he should have been replaced.

In saying all of that I like MacDonald's attitude, he wants to go somewhere else where he can play regularly, maintain sharpness, and hopefully come back an even better keeper.

siegementality
jamie mac did nothing to be droped at ibrox that is for sure, but now its a case of kello hasnt dont much wrong to be dropped either, and im sure csabas wanting to have a look at balogh, but wants to wait till their is a good reason to drop kello.

thing is their are now 3 keepers in first team contention, 4 if you count banks, and 2 youth keepers coming through, jamie needs to go out on loan to keep ticking over, he is still young and could do with another year away until the goal keeping situation at hearts becomes less 'crowded'

Why? He didn't need a good reason to drop MacDonald for Kello.

Was it not Csaba who made the goalkeeping situation "crowded"?

siegementality

"With Vladimir Romanov, the club's majority shareholder, placing increasing emphasis on home-reared players, Laszlo is re-organising various levels of football operations to nurture youngsters thoroughly"

Clum away on loan.

Glen allegedly dropped from Saturdays team.

Jamie MacDonald now wants away on loan.

perhaps that is the re-organising Csaba is talking about.

Perhaps Vladimir Romanovs placing increasing emphasis on putting home reared players out on loan?

Was it not Csaba who made the goalkeeping situation "crowded"?

In the Scotsman at least, Csaba says he doesn't think three's a crowd

"I heard about what he told the newspapers so I want to clear the situation up. Jamie is a good goalkeeper and we need his services. You never know what can happen in the future and in every team you need three good goalkeepers."

"With Vladimir Romanov, the club's majority shareholder, placing increasing emphasis on home-reared players, Laszlo is re-organising various levels of football operations to nurture youngsters thoroughly"

Clum away on loan.

Glen allegedly dropped from Saturdays team.

Jamie MacDonald now wants away on loan.

perhaps that is the re-organising Csaba is talking about.

Perhaps Vladimir Romanovs placing increasing emphasis on putting home reared players out on loan?

Well on saturday there was Jonsson, Berra, Wallace, Mole, Rapnik, Thomson & MacDonald in the match day squad whilst Driver & Glen have also had first team involvement this season so that's quite a high percentage of home produced players which I doubt too many other SPL teams can equal this season.

Bottom line is, Kello is better than McDonald. To hell with the "ooh, it isn't right" sentiments; I want the best players playing for Hearts. Isn't that what the hatkickers have been saying all along? :rolleyes:

Correct. If only Kello had been signed from any other club apart from Kaunas it is more than likely that the usual suspect(s) would not be whingeing.

Kello has looked reasonable ion the games I've seen. I wasn't at Ibrox so didn't see Jamie.

If Jamie has an issue he should try and sort it with the head coach first before speaking the to the press. I had doubts about Jamie after seeing him play on the telly last season but he still has plenty of time to make it. :)

Correct. If only Kello had been signed from any other club apart from Kaunas it is more than likely that the usual suspect(s) would not be whingeing.

If Kello played for any other club we wouldnt have signed him ;)

If Kello played for any other club we wouldnt have signed him ;)

That's not necessarily true - we took both Kello & Balogh on loan - if Kello had played for the Hungarian team and Balogh played for FBK it's perfectly possible we might still have signed both. We also signed Tullberg & Obua neither of whom played for Kaunas. :)

That's not necessarily true - we took both Kello & Balogh on loan - if Kello had played for the Hungarian team and Balogh played for FBK it's perfectly possible we might still have signed both. We also signed Tullberg & Obua neither of whom played for Kaunas. :)

If Klimeck played for any other club, we would not have signed him.

DEFEND THAT!

If Klimeck played for any other club, we would not have signed him.

DEFEND THAT!

If he played for MTZ-Ripo we might still have signed him ;) as being Polish he has an EU passport so a work-permit wouldn't have been an issue.

Jim Jefferies signed Hans Eskillson and Levein signed Kevin Twaddle both equally horrific signings. :)

If he played for MTZ-Ripo we might still have signed him ;) as being Polish he has an EU passport so a work-permit wouldn't have been an issue.

Jim Jefferies signed Hans Eskillson and Levein signed Kevin Twaddle both equally horrific signings. :)

I wasn't really trying to make a valid point ... just wanted to see if you wouls attempt to defend that .... and you did. :eek:

I wasn't really trying to make a valid point ... just wanted to see if you wouls attempt to defend that .... and you did. :eek:

Well smell my cheese ;) I was only having a bit banter. :)

Archived