Danny Guthrie's 'tackle' on Craig Fagan

Gershwin

Newcastle seem to have a nack for having trouble makers at the club:

In the past Bellamy

Alan Smith sometimes has an attitude problem on the pitch

BARTON

Guthrie

Mike Ashley ;)

Interesting article in which it is referred to as a "tackle", a "challenge" and an "incident". Ashley says he can no longer take his family for fear of "assault" and that, I believe, is the word which best fits.

He went to do him once, missed, then made sure he got him the second time.

Not sure what Fagan did to him, but he was definately after him.

A fair suspension would be for Guthrie to miss all the games Fagan does.

There's a certain poetic justice that this comes almost exactly a year after that unpleasant little tw@t Fagan thought he got away with this off the ball stamp on a Liverpool player, only to get done later on video evidence with an extra match thrown in for making a frivolous appeal.

What goes around comes around, Fagan. At least Guthrie was honest/stupid enough to give you a good old fashioned boot (or two) in full view of the officials rather than trying to get away with a nasty stamp while the ref wasn't looking.

I see he actually broke his leg! Surely the FA will throw the book at him...no attempt to play the ball, blatantly meant to hurt him.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hull_city/7617057.stm

The new Joey Barton?

While generally I feel football "incidents" should be dealt with in-house, I think Guthrie should be charged with AOABH by the Police. He had a go at Fagan in the lead-up to what IMO was a vicious, premeditated assault and he will be hard pushed to claim it was an accident.

There's a certain poetic justice that this comes almost exactly a year after that unpleasant little tw@t Fagan thought he got away with this off the ball stamp on a Liverpool player, only to get done later on video evidence with an extra match thrown in for making a frivolous appeal.

What goes around comes around, Fagan. At least Guthrie was honest/stupid enough to give you a good old fashioned boot (or two) in full view of the officials rather than trying to get away with a nasty stamp while the ref wasn't looking.

Stamping on someone is not the same as going out to break their leg :laugh:

What team do you support again?

Dr Ian Malcolm

Being generous calling it a tackle. However, for some reason I;ve always intensley disliked Craig Fagan.

Both in real life and, bizarrely, in Football Manager.

Haas anyone seen Birminghams Nafti's tackle against Doncaster on Sat - an absolute shocker and 10 times worse than Guthrie.

You're right, horrendous two footed flying lunge, just good fortune that the Donny player saw it coming and had both feet off the deck, otherwise that would have been a cert broken leg.

Captain Canada

The FA need to really clamp down on this sort of stuff - If I was in charge, assaults like Guthries and deliberate stamps would get an automatic 10 match ban and fined a hefty amount such as ?100,000. That would soon stop people doing it and trying to end fellow footballer's careers with hotheaded attempts at tackles.

To be fair I haven't seen the challenge in question but from the report it sounds like he got a bit frustrated and lunged in.

Bit OTT calling him the 'new Joey Barton' he hasn't leathered any teenagers during a night on the lash yet.

Say What Again
Being generous calling it a tackle. However, for some reason I;ve always intensley disliked Craig Fagan.

Both in real life and, bizarrely, in Football Manager.

:P

Archived