Shabba must go!

i8hibsh

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Warning: You may need to lie down once you're read this :cool:

I can't believe someone could be so negative - get used to it, this is the way it is. In a very minor way, Hearts have suffered what the big teams are going through in England and the rest of Europe - never mind Newcastle. Rich owners that will do what they want. But I believe we have turned a corner with the appointment of Csaba. IF there is meddling we have to hope it's minor and in agreement with him.

I agree we lost our best players but there is a nucleus there with Kello, Berra, Zaliukas (who some were saying looked the best CH in the league so far! Has that changed?), Johnsson (improving fast at right back), Mikey (one of the fastest improving midfielders this year), Driver (shame he gets injured so often), Larry (with such talent, it must be easy to switch off when you're playing 'over the toppers' all the time), Nade (he is going to get better and better) and I think Mik & Chesny can do something. We still have a number of players to come back.

I would like to see more of Ruben but Karapidis was doing well until yesterday - and hey, the team hasn't changed (meddling?) and I thought Vlad worked to get Ruben for months.

In a short period of time Csaba has taken a bunch of guys whose confidence must have hit the bottom and got them playing for each other.

All the fuss about getting a Scottish manager - there are two I would take - Ferguson and Moyes. I like Levein but I feel Csaba will get more out of these players than he would.

As said, it is fun reading posts here after we lose. I watched 2 utter thickos screaming "Miko yer absolute sh**e", and next second "Go Miko GO". I'd hate to be in their heads - and wonder what their blood pressure is like ;)

In some twisted way which I can't quite explain :P some fans remind me of two work mates who work with computer aided design software. As they were learning it, they would slam the table, or anything within reach saying "this CAD is sh**e", my retort would be "you're sh**e at using it". I think what I am trying to say is, some people blame everything else for things going wrong in life without looking deeper into the reasons why football teams may lose to other specific football teams more often than other teams :eek: Falkirk seem to beat us away from home; for a while Motherwell used to thrash us. It happens, even to good teams with great players. Grow up!!

Oh, and the post on Gary Glen - are people telling me that Hearts are the only club that change the team before a match - mental :rolleyes:

Better call Saul
what a poor poor thread, we got beat of falkirk and ur wantin shabbas head on a plate, calm the ***** down

How dare you say that ,

we are scraping by...........

problem is with many INC YOU are simply not man/woman enough to face facts that ALL IS STILL NOT RIGHT and far from it.:mad:

Toxteth O'Grady
IMO two of our bogey teams over many years. Thats football, very few teams win every game, particularly a team that has finished so lowly the season before.

Bogey teams= Superstitious bollox

We should be beating teams with players like McCann (33), McNanamarra(34) and Bullen (37) who are managed by a Hobo with an IQ of 3.

We should be beating teams with players like McCann (33), McNanamarra(34) and Bullen (37) who are managed by a Hobo with an IQ of 3.

That rational explanation of bogey teams is that it would be considered superstitious bollox however it can also affect teams or players psychology going into or during a game - why did Latapy, Coyne, McGhee, Airdrie etc. all seem to enjoy games against Hearts, why did Robbo score proportionally more goals against Hibs than other teams etc.

I agree it shouldn't be a factor but quite often it is, results and repeated instances of the same thing over a long number of years re-inforces that.

How dare you say that ,

problem is with many INC YOU are simply not man/woman enough to face facts that ALL IS STILL NOT RIGHT and far from it.:mad:

Yes all is not right but what do you expect after six matches. He's working with more or less the same squad of players and, as some have already pointed out, we have seen improvements from some of those.

A bit of experimentation is also permitted with the manager being new, not only to the group of players but also to the league.

We may be scaping by but again, like others have said, these are games we wouldn't have won last season.

Csaba needs at least a season to be judged on, it is ridiculous to think that he could turn things around and have us top of the leaague with maximum points.

Better call Saul

Aye agreed .

FFS when was the last sime we beat Falkirk at theirs.

While I believe in your first statement, and in your second, although your argument for it is pish.

Do you think that last season and before, teams like Siena should be beating AC Milan with Maldini (39) and Costacurta (40)?

You seem to have a short memory, what about the time when we had a team of over aged players, and we would turn it on and win against a younger team of players, it happens from time to time, just because McCann is 33 years old doesn't mean to say that he can't have a good game and shine against us, he probably thinks he has a point to prove.

The Old Tolbooth
Right before I get pelters, hear me out

I think we all agree that Shabba scored 10/10 in the likeable factor. I really like the guy as a person but i just think he is out his depth managing my club.

Our performances are NO better than they had been under Frail.

The players lack fight, commitment, honour, passion and have No desire to succeed.

He plays Egg at right back where he looks like a fish out of water. The Greek in midfield is just woeful. He is a central defender and that is it.

The only difference between Elliot and Mole is an english accent.

For some reason he does not like Ruben. Ruben is our best player IMO.

We can't score goals. We have only had 3 clean sheets in our last 50 league games (albeit not all Shabba's fault)

We seem to be happy just knocking the ball up field with noone being up there to get the ball.

We just beat a poor Motherwell side, we just beat a woeful St Midden side.

We lost 2 nil to a Rangers team that would have lost to Annan athletic that day.

We got knocked out the diddy cup to Airdrie FFS and we could have played them for 4 hours and not scored.

We lost to a Falkirk team that had zero points in the league.

Apart from Tullberg he made NO attempt to bring in a striker apart from Rat Boy which was never going to happen.

We are an absolute joke

cat_and_gun.jpg

Why SHOULD we be?

Best thread in ages :wacko:

What do some people expect, the games we have lost this season we have dominated the games (Ibrox aside where we were unlucky) but have been unable to get the goals, hopefully when Tullberg is fit he will be a solution i.e. scoring or bringing players into scoring positions.

Don't know what the OP is on but I'd recommend Lithium at least until Hearts next win again and then I'm sure you're sky will be the same colour as everyone else's

Remember what Rolo said 'Just say NO'

Aye agreed .

FFS when was the last sime we beat Falkirk at theirs.

Assuming that question wasn't rhetorical. 25 Mar 2006

I checked this out for another thread.

Since the days of Alex McDonald it's 3 wins in 14

04 Mar 1992 W 1-2 Joe Jordan

02 Dec 1992 L 2-1 Joe Jordan

01 May 1993 L 6-0 Joe Jordan

01 Oct 1994 L 2-1 Tommy McLean

04 Feb 1995 L 2-0 Tommy McLean

28 Oct 1995 L 2-0 Jim Jefferies

30 Mar 1995 W 0-2 Jim Jefferies

25 Jan 2003 L 4-0 Craig Levein(A cup Tie against Lower Division Opponents!)

02 Oct 2005 D 2-2 George Burley

25 Mar 2006 W 1-2 Valdas Ivanauskas

13 Nov 2006 D 1-1 Eduard Malofeev

29 Dec 2007 L 2-1 Anatoly Korobochka

05 May 2008 L 2-1 Steven Frail

14 Sep 2008 L 2-1 Csaba Laszlo

Despite the fact that we've invariably had more financial resources as evidenced by the fact that the crowds for these matches were generally about half those for the return at Tynecastle.

These Things Happen. It Sucks. Get over it!

I think we all agree that Shabba scored 10/10 in the likeable factor. I really like the guy as a person but i just think he is out his depth managing my club.

Our performances are NO better than they had been under Frail. I am afriad they have, we have shown an ability to get a result after being pegged back (went ahead three times against 'well, twice against St Mirren

The players lack fight, commitment, honour, passion and have No desire to succeed. They have succeeded in three of the five matches we have played

He plays Egg at right back where he looks like a fish out of water He was probably our best player yesterday. The Greek in midfield is just woeful. He is a central defender and that is it. Kind of agree but I don't think Karipidis will be playing here all season, plus he hasn't performed too badly so far this season

The only difference between Elliot and Mole is an english accent. Mole isn't the answer but his attitude is 100% better than Elliot's

For some reason he does not like Ruben. Ruben is our best player IMO. I thought he should have prevented Arfield's goal yesterday. Ruben has shown on a few ocassions the player he can be but not that often at all.

We can't score goals. We have only had 3 clean sheets in our last 50 league games (albeit not all Shabba's fault) not even gonna bother with that one

We seem to be happy just knocking the ball up field with noone being up there to get the ball.we have passed the ball better this season than we did last

We just beat a poor Motherwell side, we just beat a woeful St Midden side. but we won, we lost to St Mirren at home last season and chucked a two goal lead to Motherwell

We lost 2 nil to a Rangers team that would have lost to Annan athletic that day. we were poor that day but we lost at Ibrox, what's new?

We got knocked out the diddy cup to Airdrie FFS and we could have played them for 4 hours and not scored.That was embarrasing I'll give you that

We lost to a Falkirk team that had zero points in the league.We give teams their first points of the season ever year

Apart from Tullberg he made NO attempt to bring in a striker apart from Rat Boy which was never going to happen.Gow

We are an absolute joke

Sacking the manager now would bring nothing positive whatsoever

I think the OP could have gained more credability for his negative post had he suggested some alternatives for Lazlo.

Mcghee was supposedly the first choice. His current record- a win against Hibs and a tie against Dundee United. Losses to Hearts, Aberdeen and Celtic. Total 4 points

Levein would probably have been the favoured choice had he expressed an interest. His current record - ties against Motherwell and Dundee United, Losses to Hibs, Kilmarnock and Hamilton. Total 2 points.

Falkirk may not be as bad a team as their point total suggests, they were unlucky not to get a tie against Rangers.

But for defensive lapses we could have got a tie at Ibrox and a win at Falkirk and we would be tops with 13 points

Tightening up the defence has to be top priority. Wallace needs to go to the reserves or farmed out to be coached on defensive skills

Admittedly my glass is half full but I don't see a need for the despondency portrayed by the poster. Improvements have been made particularly with goalkeeper, right back,Zal,Stewart and although Mole may not be the answer yet he has improved . I believe improvements have also been made in team spirit , fitness, running off the ball and I think our substitutions have been more timely and appropriate.

Admittedly I dont go to games but I do spend a lot of time via the internet watching games, highlights, HW commentaries, reading Scottish papers and JKB

I have a lot of confidence in Lazlo and I hope he is given the time to see his efforts succeed , let's get behind him rather than sniping at him after only a brief period in the position

bp

Sacking the manager now would bring nothing positive whatsoever

The only way in which it would be positive if it was accompanied by a clear statement that the committee system has failed and that we are looking for a new manager under the terms of the January 1st statement. But that isn't going to happen.

Neil McCann had a good hour yesterday - maybe it was just adrenilin and wanting to prove a point however having achieved a reasonable level of fitness he showed that he is still capable of making a decent contribution in the SPL - that said I don't know what Hearts offered him but whatever it was he might merit a contract at Falkirk level wages he certainly didn't merit renewing his contract at previous high wage levels.

I've always liked Neil McCann - he tried his best for his new team against us yesterday - he applauded the Hearts fans pre-match & whilst taking a corner - all in all very professional and respectful - those who boo'd him are either just too young to know better or just dim. :o

I think the OP could have gained more credability for his negative post had he suggested some alternatives for Lazlo.

Mcghee was supposedly the first choice. His current record- a win against Hibs and a tie against Dundee United. Losses to Hearts, Aberdeen and Celtic. Total 4 points

Levein would probably have been the favoured choice had he expressed an interest. His current record - ties against Motherwell and Dundee United, Losses to Hibs, Kilmarnock and Hamilton. Total 2 points.

Falkirk may not be as bad a team as their point total suggests, they were unlucky not to get a tie against Rangers.

But for defensive lapses we could have got a tie at Ibrox and a win at Falkirk and we would be tops with 13 points

Tightening up the defence has to be top priority. Wallace needs to go to the reserves or farmed out to be coached on defensive skills

Admittedly my glass is half full but I don't see a need for the despondency portrayed by the poster. Improvements have been made particularly with goalkeeper, right back,Zal,Stewart and although Mole may not be the answer yet he has improved . I believe improvements have also been made in team spirit , fitness, running off the ball and I think our substitutions have been more timely and appropriate.

Admittedly I dont go to games but I do spend a lot of time via the internet watching games, highlights, HW commentaries, reading Scottish papers and JKB

I have a lot of confidence in Lazlo and I hope he is given the time to see his efforts succeed , let's get behind him rather than sniping at him after only a brief period in the position

bp

Wallace has been the stand out poor performer this season - at fault for at least three goals - but there is no alternative short of fielding Rapnik out of position or giving Brown a chance at a very young age.

The only way in which it would be positive if it was accompanied by a clear statement that the committee system has failed and that we are looking for a new manager under the terms of the January 1st statement. But that isn't going to happen.

The Jan 1st statement and seven months that followed were a joe but when Csaba was appointed I was just glad we got someone.

He still deserves his chance, even though he didn't meet the criteria set out in the statement.

Saking him now, even if it were for a British style manager would not be beneficial. More change is not what is needed right now.

The Jan 1st statement and seven months that followed were a joe but when Csaba was appointed I was just glad we got someone.

He still deserves his chance, even though he didn't meet the criteria set out in the statement.

Saking him now, even if it were for a British style manager would not be beneficial. More change is not what is needed right now.

I agree with most of that. But the key terms in the January 1st statement were about full control of the first team, the British game experience terms were just supplementary for me. The 'full control' stuff was not mentioned when Laszlo was appointed. And it will mean that Laszlo ends up with a poorer record at Hearts than he perhaps could provide on his own steam.

The players lack fight, commitment, honour, passion and have No desire to succeed.

He plays Egg at right back where he looks like a fish out of water. The Greek in midfield is just woeful. He is a central defender and that is it.

We can't score goals. We have only had 3 clean sheets in our last 50 league games (albeit not all Shabba's fault)

We seem to be happy just knocking the ball up field with noone being up there to get the ball.

We lost 2 nil to a Rangers team that would have lost to Annan athletic that day.

We got knocked out the diddy cup to Airdrie FFS and we could have played them for 4 hours and not scored.

Apart from Tullberg he made NO attempt to bring in a striker apart from Rat Boy which was never going to happen.

We are an absolute joke

I am not denying that you make a valid point or two, BUT as a club we need stability and Shabba has made a reasonable start.

There have been blips but that's what you expect from a new manager.

With Romanov's carry on sadly we have no divine right to beat anyone including Falkirk and Airdrie!

Take your frustration out on Vlad not Shabba.

Wallace has been the stand out poor performer this season - at fault for at least three goals - but there is no alternative short of fielding Rapnik out of position or giving Brown a chance at a very young age.

Wallace was the option at a very young age after Maybury had left for Leicester and MacAllister was in horrific form.

Johnny Brown is a right back but he's good enough footed to play either full-back position however 17 year old Mikey Deland is our outstanding left-back prospect - I don't normally like or agree with over-hyping young players as their development can easily falter for a number of reasons but Deland has everything you'd want in a modern full-back, height, strength, decent pace, good feet, good defending and forward play etc. Also the fact he is naturally left footed gives him a tremendous chance as (obviously) decent left footed players are a much smaller percentage of the total population - without wanting to hype the kid too much or jinx him I think he can achieve as much as Naysmith if he keeps a decent head on his shoulders and avoids injury.

Johnny Brown is a great wee player as well. :)

totally disagree, hes been our star defender this season so far, also starring for the u21 too remember, a future scotland star and will probably end up playing and starring for man-utd/chelsea/man-city, top player

Wallace was the option at a very young age after Maybury had left for Leicester and MacAllister was in horrific form.

Johnny Brown is a right back but he's good enough footed to play either full-back position however 17 year old Mikey Deland is our outstanding left-back prospect - I don't normally like or agree with over-hyping young players as their development can easily falter for a number of reasons but Deland has everything you'd want in a modern full-back, height, strength, decent pace, good feet, good defending and forward play etc. Also the fact he is naturally left footed gives him a tremendous chance as (obviously) decent left footed players are a much smaller percentage of the total population - without wanting to hype the kid too much or jinx him I think he can achieve as much as Naysmith if he keeps a decent head on his shoulders and avoids injury.

Johnny Brown is a great wee player as well. :)

Are any of them ready to play in the first team yet? Wallace did get his chance at a young age but he is out of form at the moment with next to no competition for his place.

How old were Naysmith and Wallace when they first came into the team, I'd be tempted to give one of them a shot and I thought Brown looked solid against Hull and at the moment that is all we need.

totally disagree, hes been our star defender this season so far, also starring for the u21 too remember, a future scotland star and will probably end up playing and starring for man-utd/chelsea/man-city, top player

I think you forgot the sacrcastic smiley.

He was at fault for the Lafferty goal against Rangers, the Lyle goal against Hamilton and was turned by Barrett is if he wasn't even there for the opening goal yesterday.

He has the potential to be a good player and I am happyy that we have him in the squad. The trouble is that we have no other left back to provide competiton for him.

If there was an alternative, I'm sure he would have been dropped for a few games but there isn't so he continues to play.

I am not denying that you make a valid point or two, BUT as a club we need stability and Shabba has made a reasonable start.

There have been blips but that's what you expect from a new manager.

With Romanov's carry on sadly we have no divine right to beat anyone including Falkirk and Airdrie!

Take your frustration out on Vlad not Shabba.

Vlad or no Vlad, we have no divine right to beat any team. To suggest otherwise is suffer delusion of the type commonly found in Govan or Parkhead.

How old were Naysmith and Wallace when they first came into the team, I'd be tempted to give one of them a shot and I thought Brown looked solid against Hull and at the moment that is all we need.

To be honest I don't really know much about our youth players other from what I read here and hear from others.

If any of them are ready then fine, give them a chance because they can't be much worse than Wallace at the moment. I don't know if they are ready though.

Are any of them ready to play in the first team yet? Wallace did get his chance at a young age but he is out of form at the moment with next to no competition for his place.

It's hard to say - how ready were Wallace & Naysmith when they played? Fortunately with hindsight they rose to the challenge and justified the belief in them - but it was a gamble at the time - despite their talent they could just as easily have frozen on the big stage till they gained more confidence.

Basically there are no guarantee's QV but these kids do have ability that is the only thing you can say for definite. :)

To be honest I don't really know much about our youth players other from what I read here and hear from others.

If any of them are ready then fine, give them a chance because they can't be much worse than Wallace at the moment. I don't know if they are ready though.

I'd leave it up to people who watch reserves/U19's to give their opinions but I'd be tempted to test them out against ICT, if they do then Berra will have to step up to the plate as captain as he will have to help guide them through the game at least at the start

bp

I don't have one, but I certainly know what characteristics he must have:

He must be hard talking

He must be no nonsense

He must be there not as a friend but as a boss

He must know Scottish Football inside out

He must realise that The Greek, Mole etc are complete tosh

He must be hard talking

He must be no nonsense

EDIT: Not worth the suspension. :)

We are an absolute joke[/QUOTE]

Substitute first person singular for first person plural and would be spot on!

Francis Albert
How dare you say that ,

Sorry to break this to you. All has never been right. And it never will be.

He must be hard talking

He must be no nonsense

:hobofish:

wibble

Is the Op a Hearts fan or, as his avatar suggests, really an Anti-Hibs fan?

Maybe he would be better attending Easter Road, at the away end, hurling his abuse at the Hibs, and leaving us to support the team from Tynecastle.

I am so happy for the 99% of people on here that obviously love the current situation.

I don't expect to win the league every year, I don't expect to have the creme de la creme of talent in our starting XI every week, what I do expect is value for money, commitment, desire and passion.

These wage thieves don't give a second thought to their huge salaries. They don't care if we lose and they don't give a feck about us fans.We simply must start getting value for our money

We pay Old firm salaries and we get first division performances.

All we ever see of shabba is the smiles. He says the right thing and we are always reading about how hard the players are working in training.

We'll i'm sorry but very few of those jokers can hold their head high.

Mikey Stewart can sleep in peace tonight, the rest of them should hang their heads in shame

Where's the evidence that it hasn't already happened?

Please don't respond with "it's obvious" or some such nonsense. Dog turds are obviously made of chocolate if that's the conclusion one chooses to draw. Explaining the halitosis would be the difficult part....

Is the Op a Hearts fan or, as his avatar suggests, really an Anti-Hibs fan?

Maybe he would be better attending Easter Road, at the away end, hurling his abuse at the Hibs, and leaving us to support the team from Tynecastle.

More of a fan than you could EVER imagine.

You pick up on the fact I dont have an avator like ilovehearts when you don't have one

Francis Albert
IWe pay Old firm salaries and we get first division performances.

We don't pay Old Firm salaries. And we are one point off second place in the Premier League. Otherwise, a pretty accurate statement (well, for JKB).

I agree with most of that. But the key terms in the January 1st statement were about full control of the first team, the British game experience terms were just supplementary for me. The 'full control' stuff was not mentioned when Laszlo was appointed. And it will mean that Laszlo ends up with a poorer record at Hearts than he perhaps could provide on his own steam.

If you look at the amount of team changes throughout Laszlo managerial period, you will see that we have had a fairly settled team. This would suggest to me that team selection has been put squarely in the hands of the coach.

I don't believe for one second that Romanov could have the vision to put Edgar Jonsson in at right back, that sort of tinkering with positions can only be tried on the training ground.

It can be seen quite clearly in other clubs throughout Britain that the buying of players is in the hands of the owners.

More of a fan than you could EVER imagine.

You pick up on the fact I dont have an avator like ilovehearts when you don't have one

Having been born and educated long before the computer age I have felt no need to explore how to acquire an avatar, but I can, at least, spell it correctly.

Your point is a spurious one.

Our performances are NO better than they had been under Frail. - Totally disagree the performances i have seen are night and day

The players lack fight, commitment, honour, passion and have No desire to succeed. - Some maybe but those that have the desire have improved

He plays Egg at right back where he looks like a fish out of water. The Greek in midfield is just woeful. He is a central defender and that is it. - Was not there yesterday but from what i have heard EJ was great yesterday

The only difference between Elliot and Mole is an english accent. - Mole wants to be at Hearts Elliot does not.In terms of effort Mole gives much more

For some reason he does not like Ruben. Ruben is our best player IMO. - Opinions eh, i think he is average at best

We can't score goals. We have only had 3 clean sheets in our last 50 league games (albeit not all Shabba's fault) - As you say not Csaba's fault but it is a big concern.

We seem to be happy just knocking the ball up field with noone being up there to get the ball. - Games i have seen we try to keep possession

We just beat a poor Motherwell side, we just beat a woeful St Midden side. - Everyone struggles to break Midden down and we beat the team that finished third last season

We lost 2 nil to a Rangers team that would have lost to Annan athletic that day. - But who somewhow sit top of the league

We got knocked out the diddy cup to Airdrie FFS and we could have played them for 4 hours and not scored. - Like we have never been knocked out the LC by a lower league team

We lost to a Falkirk team that had zero points in the league. - We have a habit of given teams there first win long before Csaba and Vlad came on the scene

Apart from Tullberg he made NO attempt to bring in a striker apart from Rat Boy which was never going to happen. - You know this for a fact

We are an absolute joke

- Well why bother,save yourself the shame and take up bowls as as a pasttime.

- Well why bother,save yourself the shame and take up bowls as as a pasttime.

I've seen us get relegated like the rest of us, as I said I can take defeat and I don't expect to win the champions league.

I strongly dislike seeing players played out of position and a squad of lazy robbers who do not give a sh** about anything except their payslip

Archived