Official Falkirk V's Hearts Thread.

S.N.T.H.

3 wins in 4 games mate. We're not playing pish, just a one-off defeat

It's actually 3 wins in 5 games. Lost to Rangers as well remember.

Yeah, you're right though. I'm just gutted at another lousy result. :sad:

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Wallace, Zal, Kingston, whatever. It's always somebody. Truth be told, every single position in the team could be improved without much difficulty. We're absolutely swimming in systematically-designed mediocrity.

Well said.

We are pish ... we just have to deal with it I guess.

jack D and coke
Lee Wallace should be sold in the next transfer window. He's not going to make it at Hearts, simple as that.

Is anyone going to make it at Hearts anymore? I dont see anyone making any great strides to be honest. Nobody progresses at all, they go backwards.

rudi must stay
Odd goal wins against St Mirren, Hamilton and Motherwell. Two of which we scored in the last ten or so minutes to grab the points.

Honestly, it amazes me how some see things.

St Mirren always give us a tough game, Motherwell are a decent team and nobody had beaten Hamilton at home in 2 years. They were tough games, but we won them all

True, however, he is not the only extremely average player in the team! Reality check due, you are right to point out we have won by the odd goal in our 3 wins, and were hanging on at that.

However, we have to remember this is the nucleus of last years team, and we know how successful they were!

Of course you are correct. The thing is that I think we have a core of decent players, Kello looks good, Berra is a good centre half, in the midfield, we could field any of Kingston, Cesnauskis, Mikoliunas, Stewart, Palazuelos and occasionally Driver and have easily the third best midfield in the league. As for up top, we have nothing.

It is frustrating to see some of our better players being left out in favour of lesser players.

Well said.

We are pish ... we just have to deal with it I guess.

Its a pity our owner didn't deal with it when he had his chance! The performances should not surprise us anymore! We are so mediocre it is frighting!

I still maintain the lad is not a full back and that his best position is central midfield. However, if we are not going to play him there then there is no point keeping him.

Having said that, he is the ONLY left back in the senior squad. We lack strikers and a left full back yet we have hunners of midfielders.

What a squad.

I'd agree with, he looks much better going forward. I'll reserve judgement on his mistake for this match but his mistake against Rangers was pretty bad.

Who was the young lad that played against Hull? Taylor I think?

St Mirren always give us a tough game, Motherwell are a decent team and nobody had beaten Hamilton at home in 2 years. They were tough games, but we won them all

St Mirren SHOULDN'T give us a tough game.

Motherwell I would possibly grant you, but they will NOT be in contention for third at the end of the season IMO.

As for Hamilton, they had not lost at home for two years in the FIRST DIVISION. Is that the height of our ambition? Beat the newly promoted side? God we are superb!

we have very little quality in the first team and no depth, so when players like driver are out we really feel it.

many have been saying for months, the whole playing side needs a complete overhaul.

i'm not gonna get all drama queen, although some will. we need to realise we are an average side at best which needs to shore up the defence, with players that can defend consistently (yes lee, i'm looking at you too) and strikers who know how to score goals

Agreed. Also, can we put to bed the fallacy that Karipidis is doing well in midfield?

hes been the star man this season, should be made captain ;)

I'd agree with, he looks much better going forward. I'll reserve judgement on his mistake for this match but his mistake against Rangers was pretty bad.

Who was the young lad that played against Hull? Taylor I think?

Johnny Brown.

Francis Albert
Odd goal wins against St Mirren, Hamilton and Motherwell. Two of which we scored in the last ten or so minutes to grab the points.

Honestly, it amazes me how some see things.

St Mirren and Hamilton both won away today. Motherwell were almost everybodies' favourites for third. What exactly were we expecting from Csaba's team in his first few games? A Burley-like start?

And why does winning by a late goal devalue a result but apparently losing to a late goal doesn't mitigate a defeat?

hes been the star man this season, should be made captain ;)

I thought that mobile phones were banned from the dressing room Hristos?:)

Motherwell I would possibly grant you, but they will NOT be in contention for third at the end of the season IMO.

As for Hamilton, they had not lost at home for two years in the FIRST DIVISION. Is that the height of our ambition? Beat the newly promoted side? God we are superb!

St Mirren give everyone a tough game it's just the way they play.They never get truely ****ed very often.

The Mighty Thor
Wallace, Zal, Kingston, whatever. It's always somebody. Truth be told, every single position in the team could be improved without much difficulty. We're absolutely swimming in systematically-designed mediocrity.

Correct.

Same pish as last year producing the same pish as last year.

Why's anyone surprised?

The Csaba factor will get you so far but in the cold light of day it's the same faces pretty much.

St Mirren and Hamilton both won away today. Motherwell were almost everybodies' favourites for third. What exactly were we expecting from Csaba's team in his first few games? A Burley-like start?

And why does winning by a late goal devalue a result but apparently losing to a late goal doesn't mitigate a defeat?

It's the standard of the opposition Francis.

We scrape results against these lesser clubs and today we narrowly lose to ruddy Falkirk. Given our squad, we should be far better than that.

The occasional poor performance and loss would be completely understandable, unfortunately we seem to be stumbling through what should be an easier part of the league, we await teams like C*lt!c, Hibs, Dundee United, Kilmarnock and Aberdeen.

The Csaba factor will get you so far but in the cold light of day it's the same faeces pretty much.

sorted for ya ;)

rudi must stay

St Mirren give everyone a hard game they are just that sort of team that never gives up. As for Hamilton i know they were in the First Division but it could have been the third, if you are used to winning at home then it becomes easier

Is anyone going to make it at Hearts anymore? I dont see anyone making any great strides to be honest. Nobody progresses at all, they go backwards.

It's probably all to do with hype. I remember hearing about this amazing youngster who was clinical at finishing, his name was Calum Elliot. :rolleyes:

When we find suitable replacements we should look to offload Wallace, Mole, Elliot, Sives, Pelosi, Thomson etc. The crop from the last few years has been pretty terrible tbh.

Look at our opponents today, they've produced a few good players. Barr, Cregg, Arfield, Scobbie and probably a couple more. The sooner Csaba sorts out his vision for the under 19's/reserves the better!

Agreed. Also, can we put to bed the fallacy that Karipidis is doing well in midfield?

that would be nice.

The People's Chimp

text from mate (gershwin) at match:

Poor show. Stewart, nade, audrey and mole played well. Unfortunately wallace (at fault for both goals) and kingston (lazy and useless) cancelled them out. Oh and the ref was awful. Should have had a pen at 1-0.

The Mighty Thor
text from mate (gershwin) at match:

Interseting text mate.

My only comment would be that once again there's a comment that we wuz robbed by a ref. Not from what i listened to on Sportsound, it sounded like Mikey Stewart was pulling Hearts up single handed and frankly that ain't good enough.

Time to stop blaming everyone and everything and start looking at the extreme limitations of the huge squad we have.

thor, there was a point at 1-0 where berra was apparently being badly pulled, so much denying him freedom of movement.

i wasn't there (clearly) so i will reserve judgement until i see it, but i think thats the point the text was on about. lawrence, donkey & gary mac were raging

The Mighty Thor
thor, there was a point at 1-0 where berra was apparently being badly pulled, so much denying him freedom of movement.

i wasn't there (clearly) so i will reserve judgement until i see it, but i think thats the point the text was on about. lawrence, donkey & gary mac were raging

Fair enough Bev i was listening to BBC as i binned HW a while back.

It's just very predictable that we look under every rock and stone for the reasons for defeats when to me the fact remains that we're just not a great team at all IMHO.

Lets see what the KB'ers that were there come up with.

Cardiac Rucksack

At 1-1 he went for a header and in the six yard box and was pushed with two hands straight in the back. A stonewall penalty if you ever saw one.

The People's Chimp
Interseting text mate.

My only comment would be that once again there's a comment that we wuz robbed by a ref. Not from what i listened to on Sportsound, it sounded like Mikey Stewart was pulling Hearts up single handed and frankly that ain't good enough.

Time to stop blaming everyone and everything and start looking at the extreme limitations of the huge squad we have.

The reason, in my opinion, that stewart should be given the captaincy. Berra, as talented as he is, just isn't the man to lift us when we are down. We saw it too many times last season as well.

Interseting text mate.

Listened to it on HW and they were being brutally honest that Hearts played poorly but we should have had a certain penalty at 1-0. On top of that at 1-1 Nade has the ball and bustles his way through the defence to go 1 on 1 with the keeper and the ref immediately blows for a 'foul'.

Fair enough Bev i was listening to BBC as i binned HW a while back.

It's just very predictable that we look under every rock and stone for the reasons for defeats when to me the fact remains that we're just not a great team at all IMHO.

Lets see what the KB'ers that were there come up with.

you're right, it is a common thing with us these days to look to the ref and blame them without looking at ourselves.

we ARE pretty pish at the moment, with a few good moves and a couple of lucky breaks, and we were all prepared to see some dreadful refereeing since it was conway (twonk anyway) that was in charge, its hardly surprising that if someone yells "ref denied us a stonewaller" then we'd be a bit sceptical unless we saw it for ourselves

as long as we finish above that manky lot from deluded land and get in to europe again i will be happy but right now IAM RAGING.:mad:

Archived