Miko in the middle ?

Munch

We all know Paul Hartley started out as a right winger, and it was only after CL Moved him into centre midfield that we really seen the best of Paul.

My question is is Miko being played in the wrong position, there is no doubt Miko has the ability, however his form is patchy due to IMO Being stuck out on the wing with less involvement in the game.

How would Miko fare as a centre midfield box to box player, or even in the hole behind Tulberg or Nade, or whoever the lone striker is.

I think it would be worth a try, our manager is happy to try different things ie Johnson at right back so why not Miko in the middle.

Any thoughts ?

embra jam tart

i might be making this up but doesn't he play a similair role to the one you describe for lithuania just behind the striker? Or perhaps he has done in the past if not now?

I think he would be good there.

Far better than Audrey is. If that is what we are going to play then he is a decent shout for the role.

Far better than Audrey is. If that is what we are going to play then he is a decent shout for the role.

I agree and have agreed with similar opinions previously.

If we are operating a one up front with 3 attacking players behind type formation I think he'd do OK left right or in the hole of that formation

And it does appear that Csaba wants some interchanging between the 3.

If thats our system I think he could fit into it

Our "width" has brought us little success since we got all these wingers. Even during the Burley period we got most of our success from Rudi cutting inside - mind you some of his wing play and crosses were awesome too...

I agree and have agreed with similar opinions previously.

If we are operating a one up front with 3 attacking players behind type formation I think he'd do OK left right or in the hole of that formation

And it does appear that Csaba wants some interchanging between the 3.

If thats our system I think he could fit into it

Our "width" has brought us little success since we got all these wingers. Even during the Burley period we got most of our success from Rudi cutting inside - mind you some of his wing play and crosses were awesome too...

The best midfield we had under Burley (IMO of course) used one "winger" (Rudi) and a more orthodox right midfielder (Cammazola). Balanced it out a bit more. I think Frail tried this last season with Jonsson. Of course, maybe this was to provide more cover for Neilson, as he was probably the weakest part of our defence at the time.

As someone has mentioned on another thread I think Aguiar may fit in there.

I've always thought Miko was better when he cuts in and plays centrally. That's where his screaming goals have come from.

Why not try him just behind the front 2(or 1)?

scott herbertson
The best midfield we had under Burley (IMO of course) used one "winger" (Rudi) and a more orthodox right midfielder (Cammazola). Balanced it out a bit more. I think Frail tried this last season with Jonsson. Of course, maybe this was to provide more cover for Neilson, as he was probably the weakest part of our defence at the time.

As someone has mentioned on another thread I think Aguiar may fit in there.

I have argued this quite often - it is difficult to play with two small attacking wingers who with the best wiull in the world can't defend very well.

Cammozola did nothing brilliant but he was able to provide a fifth defender to prevent a quick brak from the opposition.

Since his departure we have frequently been exposed on the break.

WayneMarooney

Reckon Miko's got the skill to play in the hole behind the striker(s) but I still think he's a wee bit light-weight to be getting involved in the scrappier midfield battles it's inevitable we'll get drawn into by the likes of ICT, Falkirk and Kilmarnock etc. Seems that he's improved a lot over the last year or so - might be time to get him more involved and see happens.

After all, what harm can come of it??? :rolleyes:

I've been impressed with Miko on the wing this season.

I would definitely say NO to him being played in central midfield because he hasn't the strength (imo) to play this role.

Behind the striker or up front, I'd like to see it tried.

I've been impressed with Miko on the wing this season.

I would definitely say NO to him being played in central midfield because he hasn't the strength (imo) to play this role.

Behind the striker or up front, I'd like to see it tried.

I think that was what was being suggested.

I think that was what was being suggested.

Hartley was lost out on the wing, once he adapted to the midfield role he was fantastic, i think Miko could be just as good in a similar position.

I've said for a while now, Miko should play behind the strikers, not only does he score goals from around there but he's good at getting us free kicks, i'd give him a go there, if it dosen't work out it then fine, why not!?

I've said for a while now, Miko should play behind the strikers, not only does he score goals from around there but he's good at getting us free kicks, i'd give him a go there, if it dosen't work out it then fine, why not!?

:hae36:

Did he not play just off Lee Miller when he first joined us? Seemed to remember him playing quite central in his early days. He scored a goal against Killie at home rounding Alan Combe when he first joined us.

I have argued this quite often - it is difficult to play with two small attacking wingers who with the best wiull in the world can't defend very well.

and arent great wingers in an attacking sense either....:rolleyes:

Did he not play just off Lee Miller when he first joined us? Seemed to remember him playing quite central in his early days. He scored a goal against Killie at home rounding Alan Combe when he first joined us.

3 of Mikos / Chesneys best games for Hearts have been when they have played narrower in a quasi front 3 just off a main striker

That Killie game you speak of, the Andy Davis Rangers game, and first half of a Celtic game at Parkhead (under Malofeev - the game where I think Bruno came on at left back to try and close it out second half and Chesney was subbed at half time having ripped erses all game not to be seen again for around a year :eek:)

john brownlee

Though I agree with the general posts of Mico playing more of a central role I feel with the bruisers that he will be up against week after week the yellow cards will mount up (as Mico gets nowt from the GFA) This will lead to more reds, can we afford this. Mico is a old fashioned winger and he does cause damage and usually drags at least two players out of postion. I say we should use him spareingly. Ideal super sub.

Having said that he had a brill game in Romania

Female_jambo_Miko_Admirer

anywere as long as wee miko is on the park i dont care

hes the only desent looking one on the park (well apart from berra and driver )

:cheese:

Guest jambomickey
anywere as long as wee miko is on the park i dont care

hes the only desent looking one on the park (well apart from berra and driver )

:cheese:

football players are judged on ability and not looks i'm afraid! there football players not male models

Female_jambo_Miko_Admirer

am a female jambo what do you expect

and iam a dumb blonde so that to makes it ok for me to only look at apperance

coz hes kinda crap so i have to turn to something else

forgive the dumb blonde

:(

You'd think they were one and the same.

Long hair, persecuted by many and loved by some.

He is the messiah!

:shocked666::shocked666:

Archived