Miko Scores.....

Groot

He Who Cannot Be Named
They have been brill for the national team even before Laszlo :) they are good players.

btw history was made today. Wow - what a feeling :)

'kin well done son. To hell with the scots, full of mould firm players, needed at least a point today to qualify I reckon. I'm with your boys now, who's next?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
'kin well done son. To hell with the scots, full of mould firm players, needed at least a point today to qualify I reckon. I'm with your boys now, who's next?

Count me in aswell.

** the GFA.

When is our next game ?

:)

:jambobanana:

:mj_zivili:

Commander Harris

Excellent result for lithuania. :)

well done to our Lithuania players and congrats to our Lithuanian posters. :food-smiley-004:

EDIT: just watched the goals, absolute crackers. Kalonas' finish was tops. :)

He Who Cannot Be Named
Count me in aswell.

** the GFA.

When is our next game ?

:)

:jambobanana:

:mj_zivili:

Austria at home, I think we have a great chance of qualifying if we can grind out the right results. All 4 teams are beatable at home, possibly even away after todays performance!

P P

Lithuania 1 3

Austria 1 3

Serbia 1 3

France 1 0

Faroe Islands 1 0

We'll see more Jambos at the world cup this way!

He Who Cannot Be Named
Excellent result for lithuania. :)

well done to our Lithuania players and congrats to our Lithuanian posters. :food-smiley-004:

EDIT: just watched the goals, absolute crackers. Kalonas' finish was tops. :)

The Lithuanian national team owes great grattitude to the illustrious 'Heart Of Midlothian Football Football Club' for at least part of there positive development over the past few years.

He Who Cannot Be Named
Don't really want to say this but, unless Vlad sacks the manager!

Haha your right! I guess Vlad is Lithuanian football at the end of the day..

Lets hope for synonomous success.

What a great result for Lithuania

Fantastic result. Romania are no mugs. Well done Miko and co.

Lynn:ninja:

Wouldn't you just love Stankevicius in a Hearts shirt though.

edit - Getting him mixed up with there striker Tomas Danilevičius.Still would not mind both of them at Hearts.

portobellojambo1
What a great result for Lithuania

Indeed it was, even given Romania were missing their top 5 players, you can only beat what is put out in front of you, and they did.

But I hope the actual Lithuanians who post on this board have a little more common sense than some Hearts fans, and take this result in context.

I remember the last time Lithuania achieved a similar result, shortly after the 2006 World Cup if I remember rightly, opening match of the Euro 2008 qualifiers, went to Italy and achieved a 1-1 draw. There was a similar reaction on here from some Hearts fans, in fact such was the content of some of the posts I was convinced some of the people posting them were furiously w*nking at the same time.

I'm pleased for all the Hearts players and particularly Miko, who I would have in my starting Hearts XI at the current time, in place of either Kingston or Obua.

I don't think anyone has a problem with quality players being brought to Hearts, irrespective of nationality. However the problem has been in the past, that a lot of the Lithuanians brought to the club were far short of SPL class, let alone international class. Beniusis, Barasa, Ivaskevicius and Piliabitis (at that stage of his career) all fall into that category. Incidently based on his recent form, I think Piliabitis would add something to the Hearts squad.

sergent garcia

what a feeling still drunk little bit:) i love our coach all goals are screamers and finally some tactics that was suprise for the romanians, hopefully its not same old story about good start and when loosing home games to not so big teams....

sergent garcia
Great goals.

Is it me or after the Kalonas goal were the Romanian fans given Lithuania a standing ovation?

yeah they were!!! and i can hear lithuanian singing ant kalno murai!!!!

LithuanianHearts
But I hope the actual Lithuanians who post on this board have a little more common sense than some Hearts fans, and take this result in context.

I remember the last time Lithuania achieved a similar result, shortly after the 2006 World Cup if I remember rightly, opening match of the Euro 2008 qualifiers, went to Italy and achieved a 1-1 draw. There was a similar reaction on here from some Hearts fans, in fact such was the content of some of the posts I was convinced some of the people posting them were furiously w*nking at the same time.

of course this result isn't the reason to get carried away, we are aware of the quality of our NT but we happy that at least things are changing and the NT looks much more solid than some time ago :)

by the way it is always interesting for me to compare the Lithuanian and Scottish football, well I'm very surprised that the difference isn't that big (contrary to my expectations).

What a strike that 1st goal was and what a great result that is for Lithuanina! As someone mentioned any team would be delighted with a 3-0away win in Romania. If that was our neighbours from south of the border the media down there would be creaming themselves and have the World Cup all but won!!

Cracking goal from Miko as well, the Portugues coach certainly seems to have made a difference.

Romania are 13th in the FIFA rankings. Scotland are 16th in the FIFA rankings. Both were humiliated yesterday by (according to the FIFA rankings) inferior diddy teams.

Just shows how ridiculous those rankings are. :)

PS Well done Miko.

Hearts have closer links to the Lithuanian national team than the Scotland one so there are many Hearts fans that feel exactly as you do. Good to see the Hearts players doing so well.

Hearts have closer links to the Lithuanian national team than the Scotland one so there are many Hearts fans that feel exactly as you do. Good to see the Hearts players doing so well.

No we dont. We're a Scottish Club with links to Lithuania.

Miko tends to play well for his NT

If Vlad gets anything from his investment in Miko it will be through his selection in the NT. Maybe that's why Cuceiro got the Lithuanian gig after 2 decent european results....

Great result for them though.

rudi must stay

can't agree with that. We have had more Scottish Internationalists than Lithuanian ones and our captain is in the Scotland team as well

rudi must stay
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

debatable i know. We have always had Scottish captains though, i'm sure a while ago Valdas said 'we will always have a Scottish captain' which says it all. Because we're a Scottish club

Miko tends to play well for his NT

If Vlad gets anything from his investment in Miko it will be through his selection in the NT. Maybe that's why Cuceiro got the Lithuanian gig after 2 decent european results....

Great result for them though.

Miko has been a regular long before the portugese guy came a long. No connection.

Miko has been a regular long before the portugese guy came a long. No connection.

Yup - I just wonder how many other Kaunas / Hearts players will benefit from this arrangement...

Yup - I just wonder how many other Kaunas / Hearts players will benefit from this arrangement...

Why complain?

We have players in Kaunas getting good match experience playing European football and players gaining good experience playing for Lithuania.

Hearts/Kaunas/Lithuania forever. ;)

Why complain?

We have players in Kaunas getting good match experience playing European football and players gaining good experience playing for Lithuania.

Hearts/Kaunas/Lithuania forever. ;)

I'm not complaining......

Its just interesting that Vlad would appear to have the possibility of influence over the Lithuanian national team

Out of interest, What Clubs are the rest of the Lithuanian NT playing for?

All the decent ones appear to play in Russia or Italy (I think 5 or 6 starters at the weekend)

Other than players from these leagues the rest of the team is made up of players from Vlad's clubs....(again either 5 or 6 starters at the weekend)

Guest JamboRobbo
I'm not complaining......

Its just interesting that Vlad would appear to have the possibility of influence over the Lithuanian national team

Can you imagine what Vlad woud be alledging, if David Murray was allowed to have an influence on the Scotland team........not that he does double standards of course. ;)

Out of interest, What Clubs are the rest of the Lithuanian NT playing for?

?ydr?nas Kar?emarskas (Maskvos ?Dinamo?),

Paulius Grybauskas (Gala?io ?Otelul?),

Giedrius Arlauskis (Urzi?enio?Unirea?);

gyn?jai -

Irmantas Zelmikas (FBK ?Kaunas?),

Ignas Dedura (Maskvos?Spartak?),

Nerijus Rad?ius (FBK ?Kaunas?),

Ar?nas Klimavi?ius(Maskvos ?Dinamo?),

Marius Stankevi?ius (Genujos ?Sampdoria?),

Vidas Alunderis (Simferopolio ?Tavrija?),

Marius ?ali?kas (Edinburgo?Hearts?);

saugai - Mindaugas Kalonas (Dublino ?Bohemians?),

Deividas ?emberas(Maskvos CSKA),

Mantas Sav?nas (Novotroicko ?Nosta?),

Aurimas Ku?ys(Ochtyrkos ?Naftovik?),

Saulius Mikoli?nas,

Deividas ?esnauskis,

Audrius K?anavi?ius (visi - Edinburgo ?Hearts?),

Edgaras ?esnauskis(** ?Moskva?),

Linas Pilibaitis (FBK ?Kaunas?),

Tomas Radzinevi?ius(Libereco ?Slovan?);

puol?jai - Tomas Danilevi?ius (?Livorno?),

Andrius Veli?ka (Glazgo?Rangers?),

Edgaras Jankauskas (Rygos ?Skonto?),

Robertas Po?kus(be klubo).

?ydr?nas Kar?emarskas (Maskvos ?Dinamo?),

Paulius Grybauskas (Gala?io ?Otelul?),

Giedrius Arlauskis (Urzi?enio?Unirea?);

gyn?jai -

Irmantas Zelmikas (FBK ?Kaunas?),

Ignas Dedura (Maskvos?Spartak?),

Nerijus Rad?ius (FBK ?Kaunas?),

Ar?nas Klimavi?ius(Maskvos ?Dinamo?),

Marius Stankevi?ius (Genujos ?Sampdoria?),

Vidas Alunderis (Simferopolio ?Tavrija?),

Marius ?ali?kas (Edinburgo?Hearts?);

saugai - Mindaugas Kalonas (Dublino ?Bohemians?),

Deividas ?emberas(Maskvos CSKA),

Mantas Sav?nas (Novotroicko ?Nosta?),

Aurimas Ku?ys(Ochtyrkos ?Naftovik?),

Saulius Mikoli?nas,

Deividas ?esnauskis,

Audrius K?anavi?ius (visi - Edinburgo ?Hearts?),

Edgaras ?esnauskis(** ?Moskva?),

Linas Pilibaitis (FBK ?Kaunas?),

Tomas Radzinevi?ius(Libereco ?Slovan?);

puol?jai - Tomas Danilevi?ius (?Livorno?),

Andrius Veli?ka (Glazgo?Rangers?),

Edgaras Jankauskas (Rygos ?Skonto?),

Robertas Po?kus(be klubo).

That's a lot of "influence" for Vlad to have!!!

Honestly, there are some who would see woodworm in a steel girder if it suited their agenda!!!

Guest JamboRobbo
That's a lot of "influence" for Vlad to have!!!

Honestly, there are some who would see woodworm in a steel girder if it suited their agenda!!!

Us usual, completely missing the point. Vlad has influence over the national team, not the clubs the national players play for (other than HMFC and Kaunus).

The influence Vlad has, is that a director of UBIG is head of Lithuanian FA, and the new Kaunus manager has also just been appointed national team manager.

It's the equivalent of say, if Gordon Smith was a director of Murray International metals, and he decided that Walter Smith should be manager of Scotland as well as Rangers. If that was the case, they're would be some outcry on here, given that the current situation isn't as bad as that, and there is already outcry on here about bias in the SFA.

There or some on here who would refuse to admit the world was round if Vlad told us it was flat.

Us usual, completely missing the point. Vlad has influence over the national team, not the clubs the national players play for (other than HMFC and Kaunus).

The influence Vlad has, is that a director of UBIG is head of Lithuanian FA, and the new Kaunus manager has also just been appointed national team manager.

It's the equivalent of say, if Gordon Smith was a director of Murray International metals, and he decided that Walter Smith should be manager of Scotland as well as Rangers. If that was the case, they're would be some outcry on here, given that the current situation isn't as bad as that, and there is already outcry on here about bias in the SFA.

There or some on here who would refuse to admit the world was round if Vlad told us it was flat.

What profit could be to have influence over the national team? some clubs dont want to let players to play for NT due to injury. so, the profit could be a loss.

Guest JamboRobbo
What profit could be to have influence over the national team? some clubs dont want to let players to play for NT due to injury. so, the profit could be a loss.

For example

Ensuring games for players to get a wp (ala Hleb).

Giving more opportunities to players from Vlad clubs (can raise profile of player, and improve player, and raise players value).

For example

Ensuring games for players to get a wp (ala Hleb).

Giving more opportunities to players from Vlad clubs (can raise profile of player, and improve player, and raise players value).

I think that whilst Vlad was still interested in Hleb's brother (;)) it was reported that he allegedly had some influence over the Belarus manager, who played him enough times to get an automatic WP for us

But after he got to that stage they fell out, Vlad stood up in a Ripo bus and told the MTZ boys Hleb couldnt be trusted and we've never heard of him again....

If people dont think that Vlad has Cuceiro's "ear" they are having a laugh. Quite how he uses this is influence remains open to debate.

Vlad could snap his fingers and have LV (the Lithuanian FC gadgey) ditch Cuceiro if he wanted.

What an ego boost though. Having your favourite club under your control, having an SPL club likewise, and essentially being in a position of huge influence re your national team.

Anyway, as I said, not complaining. I just think its interesting. As far as empire building goes Vlad is pretty good, I've got to hand him that.

Interesting Freudian typing slip regarding "missing the point!"

Guest JamboRobbo
Interesting Freudian typing slip regarding "missing the point!"

and equally interesting is your lack of response to the point being made.

Archived