Miko Scores.....

Groot

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you have a link?

Watched it on telly. No doubt it will be posted somewhere soon though. First goal (Stankevicius) was even better.

Francis Albert

After three years of reading and hearing about Lithuanian duds, on here and in the Scottish media, I am pleased for Miko and his compatriots.

Who are the "duds" now?

WestcoastJambo
How on earth did u get 16/1?!!!!!

Blue Square had them @ 10/1, taken by both me and my other half on an couple of lines, let down by other teams.

Well done Miko.

No but our other 3 did, as did the Pillowbiter.

Janke and Beniusis were unused subs.

According to the Guardian website Beni came on for Miko with 8 minutes to go

How on earth did u get 16/1?!!!!!

I backed them on WBX.

I lifted a few bob from the all weather and re-invested 40% of my winnings!!

It was a screamer from just outside the box. Lobont didn't move.

You weren't kidding were you, the closest he got to the ball was when it bounced off his arse on the way out the net

LithuanianHearts

yes, it's a historic win for Lithuania, keeping in mind that it was away against Romania, all the goals were very nice, especially the first one. Miko's goal was also good, he really can strike a ball :)

btw Beniušis didn't play, E.Česnauskis (Deividas Česnauskis' brother) came on for Miko.

It would appear that Miko and Cesney are also both benefitting from Laszlo as well. They have both looked good in the short time they have both had on the pitch so far.

If Kingston and Obua don't perform they should get a chance on the right or even off the front man.

yes, it's a historic win for Lithuania, keeping in mind that it was away against Romania, all the goals were very nice, especially the first one. Miko's goal was also good, he really can strike a ball :)

btw Beniu?is didn't play, E.Česnauskis (Deividas Česnauskis' brother) came on for Miko.

Well done mate, if you're interested the Mrs is watching the European Dance contest and you're doing well at that too :)

Well done mate, if you're interested the Mrs is watching the European Dance contest and you're doing well at that too :)

Of course she is bruv, enjoying seeing the boys in spandex are you?

:P

LithuanianHearts

oh really, that's cool although I don't dance :) at least Vlad is a famous dancer, you know

Great goal from Miko! :thumb:

Word. Absolute screamer. Goalie didn't really look like he knew what hit him.

Miller Jambo 60
oh really, that's cool although I don't dance :) at least Vlad is a famous dancer, you know

Aye our liths are **** ha ha better than paf miller and hartley hair.

UP THE SHEEP.:)

Aye our liths are **** ha ha better than paf miller and hartley hair.

UP THE SHEEP.:)

I doubt our current international shambles could score 3 against Guam under-11's. McFadden aside, there aren't many goalscorers in the squad.

I doubt our current international shambles could score 3 against Guam under-11's. McFadden aside, there aren't many goalscorers in the squad.

We scored 3 against Ukraine and Lithuania:sad:

True, but I don't think it's going to happen again for a while. Would love to be proved wrong, but I was skeptical about how well we'd do in the qualifiers as soon as the draw was announced. Scotland seem to have a habit of being beyond woeful when faced with "inferior" opponents.

I remember having my victory cigar at half time vs. Morrocco. Still hurts, man. Still hurts...... *sob*

Anyhoo, back on topic, and for the record, Miko is a legend. End off.

Word. Absolute screamer. Goalie didn't really look like he knew what hit him.

But the ball DID hit him. Only problem for him was that it was on it's way back out of the net. :)

Francis Albert

"Current" - none against Macedonia.

Vlad's "dream" of a Hearts eleven Lithuanians does'nt seem quite so ridiculous tonight.

What a great result for Lithuania

You said it!

Amazing win for us, especially considering we lost all 8 previous matches against Romania and they haven't lost at home for three and a half years.

Excellent goal by Miko but the quality of other goals were so great that this one wasn't even the best of the match!

Miko and Chesney both played the whole game, with Miko on the left and Chesney on the right. Chesney had a good chance early on but missed.

Ksanavicius played 62 mins (behind the forward role), Zaliukas was an unused substitute along with ex-Hearts man Jankauskas.

It might be also interesting for you, thah the new Lithuania manager Jose Couceiro picked two FBK Kaunas players for their competitive match debuts - defender Irmantas Zelmikas and midfielder Linas Pilibaitis. As you probably know Couceiro is also manager of Kaunas (for now at least).

Francis Albert

There isn't a national team in the world that wouldn't be absolutely delighted with 3-0 win away to Romania in a competitive match (World Cup or European).

It would appear that Miko and Cesney are also both benefitting from Laszlo as well. They have both looked good in the short time they have both had on the pitch so far.

If Kingston and Obua don't perform they should get a chance on the right or even off the front man.

They have been brill for the national team even before Laszlo :) they are good players.

btw history was made today. Wow - what a feeling :)

Archived