Miko Scores.....

Groot

As long as the team performs who cares if he has any influence or not. The Hearts players were regulars and still are (Chesney and Miko). Zaliukas is in the squad but not a starter. And the two new players (Zelmikas and Pilibaitis) that were brought in from FBK both played very well against Romania. Pilibaitis was probably the candidate for MOM. As for Jose Couceiro being both FBK and Lithuanian NT manager that could soon change as the FA planned to rewiew his postition at FBK after threir out of Europe.

Of course if you want you can dig deeper and create consiparcy theories but whats the point? If VR has any influence he's not really using it 'couse all the players that are out of the 'pyramid' are in the NT for a reason.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
and equally interesting is your lack of response to the point being made.

Okay!!!

No doubt Vlad has influence!!!

No doubt he uses his influence as much as he can!!!

If you suggest that you wouldn't if you were in his position, then I quite simply don't believe you!!!

As to my original comment - going by the well-documented history of JKB,

"there are some who would see woodworm in a steel girder if it suited their agenda!!!"

Charlie-Brown
Kalonas is at Bohemians!?

He's far too good for them surely!?

He's a skillful player but is only 5'4" in height so he's a bit of a munchkin and that might count against him in bigger leagues?

Guest JamboRobbo
Okay!!!

No doubt Vlad has influence!!!

No doubt he uses his influence as much as he can!!!

If you suggest that you wouldn't if you were in his position, then I quite simply don't believe you!!!

I never said anything of the like.

But to take your point, does the same excuse apply for David Murray then?

As to my original comment - going by the well-documented history of JKB,

"there are some who would see woodworm in a steel girder if it suited their agenda!!!"

Yet you admit yourself, that the point being made was pefectly valid. So I still fail to see the relevence of your woodworm in a steel girder comment, in response to a point that you yourself admit is perfectly valid?

Kalonas is at Bohemians!?

He's far too good for them surely!?

Think he's using them as a steping stone to England. He's on short contract. ** Riga had financial troubles and released him for free after he impressed Bohemians manager in the intertoto.

For example

Ensuring games for players to get a wp (ala Hleb).

Giving more opportunities to players from Vlad clubs (can raise profile of player, and improve player, and raise players value).

Our friends in Lithuania are fellow EU citizens. Work Permits are unlikely to be an issue, except maybe for the tall ones who want to play in the NBA.

Why are people determined to find a conspiracy?

They've been told, time and again, that there is one, it's only natural that they would look for it.

Personally the older I get the less I see conspiracy in all things (especially at the SFA), to conspire takes cunning and ingenuity.

I now see more mistakes, poor communication, self interest and good old fashioned bias that, when wrapped together from all different parties, create the tension that leads to accusations of conspiracy, but not enough real intelligence from any quarter for a genuine conspiracy - especially in Scottish football.

Don't get me started on institutionalism though.......

Good goal from Miko.

He's been in good form since the start of this year, has got himself fitter and has shown a good deal of fortitude given the abuse he gets from the stands at most grounds in the SPL.

Hope he keeps the good form going. Should be starting games for us at the moment. Particularly if Obua and Kingston's poor form continues.

Commander Harris

A question for our Lithuanian posters:

How is Romanov's contribution to Lithuanian football seen in Lithuania?

Is it seen as one man having an inappropriate influence on the game there in much the same way that people here complain about the Old Firm influence on Scottish football?

Or, at the other end of the spectrum, is he respected for what he has done for Lithuanian football as a whole?

Why are people determined to find a conspiracy?

There is no conspiracy.

Vlad has significant control and influence over 4 football teams. 3 more high profile than the other, one of which is a national team

I find it interesting.

I'm not complaining......

Its just interesting that Vlad would appear to have the possibility of influence over the Lithuanian national team

You think he is picking the team.

He picks the team for Hearts, MTZ-Ripo and Kaunas also.

He is doing ok so far this season.

Lithuania top the league.

Hearts are 3rd.

Kaunas 2nd.

MTZ-Ripo 1st.

I'll wish him luck and hope he wins the 4 leagues. :)

Female_jambo_Miko_Admirer

proves my point miko the best lookin player and in my eyes one of the more provent goal scorers

MIKO IS A BABE XOX:107years::107years::107years::107years::107years:

proves my point miko the best lookin player and in my eyes one of the more provent goal scorers

MIKO IS A BABE XOX:107years::107years::107years::107years::107years:

400px-Yorkie_bar.JPG

;)

There is no conspiracy.

Vlad has significant control and influence over 4 football teams. 3 more high profile than the other, one of which is a national team

I find it interesting.

What influence does he have over the Lithuanian NT?

Facts please. The team has no significant changes from the time that Liubinskas was in charge who was rumoured to be very anti VR. The only changes now are the ones I mentioned but they are fully justified.

A question for our Lithuanian posters:

How is Romanov's contribution to Lithuanian football seen in Lithuania?

Is it seen as one man having an inappropriate influence on the game there in much the same way that people here complain about the Old Firm influence on Scottish football?

Or, at the other end of the spectrum, is he respected for what he has done for Lithuanian football as a whole?

FBK Kaunas are considered to be the equivalent of the Old firm in Lithuania.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
What influence does he have over the Lithuanian NT?

Facts please.

Seriously?

The president of the Lithuanian FA is an employee of Romanov's bank and used to be on the board at one of his football teams. Can you imagine David Murray employing Gordon Smith at one of his companies?

The new coach he installed at Kaunas was almost immediately given the NT job.

He has moved various Lithuanian players and coaches around like pawns (Velicka, Iva etc. have been moved from Kaunas to Hearts, back to Kaunas and in the case of Velicka, back to Hearts again). I can think of no other example in European football where players and coaches simply wait to be told where to go by a wealthy businessman.

I'm not suggesting these are neagtive influences, but it is not even debatable that he holds considerable direct or indirect influence over Lithuanian football as a whole, and therefore its national team.

Seriously?

The president of the Lithuanian FA is an employee of Romanov's bank and used to be on the board at one of his football teams. Can you imagine David Murray employing Gordon Smith at one of his companies?

The new coach he installed at Kaunas was almost immediately given the NT job.

He has moved various Lithuanian players and coaches around like pawns (Velicka, Iva etc. have been moved from Kaunas to Hearts, back to Kaunas and in the case of Velicka, back to Hearts again). I can think of no other example in European football where players and coaches simply wait to be told where to go by a wealthy businessman.

I'm not suggesting these are neagtive influences, but it is not even debatable that he holds considerable direct or indirect influence over Lithuanian football as a whole, and therefore its national team.

I said facts. What players did he pick for the NT? Non of the things you mentioned above prove to me that he has influence over the players selected. Liubinskas was in charge for 5 years. Where was this VR "influence" then?

And did it ever stuck in your mind that the Kaunas manager was simply heads above the other candidates for the NT job? Why always the conspiracy?

As for you last point. Of course he does. Same as the old firm have on the Scottish NT. It's just natural when you pick up most of the better players in the league.

I said facts. What players did he pick for the NT? Non of the things you mentioned above prove to me that he has influence over the players selected. Liubinskas was in charge for 5 years. Where was this VR "influence" then?

And did it ever stuck in your mind that the Kaunas manager was simply heads above the other candidates for the NT job? Why always the conspiracy?

As for you last point. Of course he does. Same as the old firm have on the Scottish NT. It's just natural when you pick up most of the better players in the league.

Liubinskas - Was he the guy who criticised the fitness of Hearts Lithuanian players last year?

Liubinskas - Was he the guy who criticised the fitness of Hearts Lithuanian players last year?

Aye. And he's the guy that advised Marius Stankevicius not to join Hearts. And the guy who never gave Velicka a chance no matter what. And he had problems with Zaliukas. You can just feel the influence that VR had on this guy.

Aye. And he's the guy that advised Marius Stankevicius not to join Hearts. And the guy who never gave Velicka a chance no matter what. And he had problems with Zaliukas. You can just feel the influence that VR had on this guy.

:mad:

And in general he sounds like a tool.

:mad:

And in general he sounds like a tool.

To be fair it was very good advice in terms of career choice.

Still would loved him in a Hearts shirt :o would have ripped any old firm player a new one and I'm not even talking about the amateurs from Leith.

To be fair it was very good advice in terms of career choice.

Still would loved him in a Hearts shirt :o would have ripped any old firm player a new one and I'm not even talking about the amateurs from Leith.

But still.

For us it was bad career advice!

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Maybe this is a cultural thing, but to me, when a businessman employees the head of the Football Association at his bank, appoints him to the board of one of the clubs he owns and then that man confirms explicitly that they have a realtionship built on mutual favours and advice, it's pretty clear to me that there is "influence". I have no idea if Romanov has ever stipulated who should and should not play for the Lithuanian NT, but it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he had. Anybody who can control half the teams in the league and be suspected by some of rigging championships is more than capable of that.

john brownlee

the biggest influence that murry had on the scotland setup was steal smithy and install him at hunbox. Anyway I don't care well done Mico and Lithuania I think I might just kick engerland into touch and make Lithuania my adopted NT

?ydr?nas Kar?emarskas (Maskvos ?Dinamo?),

Paulius Grybauskas (Gala?io ?Otelul?),

Giedrius Arlauskis (Urzi?enio?Unirea?);

gyn?jai -

Irmantas Zelmikas (FBK ?Kaunas?),

Ignas Dedura (Maskvos?Spartak?),

Nerijus Rad?ius (FBK ?Kaunas?),

Ar?nas Klimavi?ius(Maskvos ?Dinamo?),

Marius Stankevi?ius (Genujos ?Sampdoria?),

Vidas Alunderis (Simferopolio ?Tavrija?),

Marius ?ali?kas (Edinburgo?Hearts?);

saugai - Mindaugas Kalonas (Dublino ?Bohemians?),

Deividas ?emberas(Maskvos CSKA),

Mantas Sav?nas (Novotroicko ?Nosta?),

Aurimas Ku?ys(Ochtyrkos ?Naftovik?),

Saulius Mikoli?nas,

Deividas ?esnauskis,

Audrius K?anavi?ius (visi - Edinburgo ?Hearts?),

Edgaras ?esnauskis(** ?Moskva?),

Linas Pilibaitis (FBK ?Kaunas?),

Tomas Radzinevi?ius(Libereco ?Slovan?);

puol?jai - Tomas Danilevi?ius (?Livorno?),

Andrius Veli?ka (Glazgo?Rangers?),

Edgaras Jankauskas (Rygos ?Skonto?),

Robertas Po?kus(be klubo).

I assume I'm not the only one to be puzzled by the team names being in Lithuanian so...

Deividas ?emberas, CSKA Moscow (Russia)

?ydr?nas Kar?emarskas , Dynamo Moscow (Russia)

Ar?nas Klimavi?ius, Dynamo Moscow (Russia)

Mantas Sav?nas , FC Nosta Novotroitsk (Russia)

Edgaras ?esnauskis, Saturn Mocow (Russia)

Ignas Dedura , Spartak Moscow (Russia)

Marius ?ali?kas , Hearts (Scotland)

Saulius Mikoli?nas,, Hearts (Scotland)

Deividas ?esnauskis,, Hearts (Scotland)

Audrius K?anavi?ius , Hearts (Scotland)

Andrius Veli?ka , Rangers (Scotland)

gyn?jai -Irmantas Zelmikas , Kaunas (Lithuania)

Nerijus Rad?ius , Kaunas (Lithuania)

Linas Pilibaitis , Kaunas (Lithuania)

puol?jai - Tomas Danilevi?ius , Livorno (Italy)

Marius Stankevi?ius , Sampdoria (Italy)

Paulius Grybauskas , Otelul Galati (Romania)

Giedrius Arlauskis , Unirea Urziceni (Romania)

Aurimas Ku?ys, Naftovik-Ukrnafta Ohtirka (Ukraine)

Vidas Alunderis , SC Tavriya Simferopol (Ukraine)

Tomas Radzinevi?ius, Slovan Liberec (Czech republic)

Edgaras Jankauskas , Skonto Riga (Latvia)

saugai - Mindaugas Kalonas , Bohemians (Republic of Ireland)

And I asssume

Robertas Po?kus (be klubo).

Means he doesn't have a club ad the moment

I've just noticed that two of the Lithuanian goals came from midfielders and one from a defender.

Clearly they have a "striker problem" as well

I've just noticed that two of the Lithuanian goals came from midfielders and one from a defender.

Clearly they have a "striker problem" as well

Would say that all three came from midfield. Stankevicius has been playing more and more in midfield recently.

On the other hand against Moldova all three goals were scored by strikers.

One other thing of note that there were only two fit strikers in the whole squad. Danilevicius who was the only one up front and Jankauskas who stayed on the bench. That makes it less surprising that the goals came from elswhere.

Would say that all three came from midfield. Stankevicius has been playing more and more in midfield recently.

On the other hand against Moldova all three goals were scored by strikers.

One other thing of note that there were only two fit strikers in the whole squad. Danilevicius who was the only one up front and Jankauskas who stayed on the bench. That makes it less surprising that the goals came from elswhere.

How interesting

Another one of Vlad's teams that plays a defender in midfield and only one striker up front

At least he is consistent

;)

How interesting

Another one of Vlad's teams that plays a defender in midfield and only one striker up front

At least he is consistent

;)

Not to mention 4-5-1 ;)

Archived