CSABA Meeting: Tullberg still injured

jambos are go!

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JamboRobbo
another what?? Please expand.

another resorting to having a dig at the poster rather than debating the point the poster is making.

So in summary :

Everyone is delighted with Csaba.

Some fans (myself included) think we are seriously short up front and the signing of yet another injured striker has exacerbated that problem.

On the other hand other fans think that Csaba's ability and quality will mean this is not a problem as the likes of Mole and Nade can be far better than we have seen so far.

Stunning news, football fans have different opinions. Wow.

PS. the best thing about this thread was the rumour that RN had been asked to find another club. Now if true that really is progress ;)

Ignore it. Don't take the bait.

Not taking the bait just curious to what he means?

With regards to your post about how all threads on here end up with the SAME few posters spoiling decent threads with there doomed outlook on Hearts and then try and pass it off as realism, truth, whatever oh and my very favourite....FACT!!!

Most posters on here are decent, level headed fans who know the score with Hearts and the previous goings on however when positive things do happen like Csaba we always have the prophets/Drama Queens of doom and gloom to tell us the end is nigh because nothing can possibly be positive with Hearts..EVER....FACT!!!

another resorting to having a dig at the poster rather than debating the point the poster is making.

Well maybe if you stooped to think before you post then maybe you wouldnt have people making comments about you and your pessimistic posts and comments.

Not everyone on this thread can be wrong about you and your comments!!!

Guest JamboRobbo
Well maybe if you stooped to think before you post then maybe you wouldnt have people making comments about you and your pessimistic posts and comments.

Not everyone on this thread can be wrong about you and your comments!!!

Aye, my opinion and is invalid, and everything that is wrong on JKB or Hearts is my fault. If that makes you happy, then feel free to believe it.

little point arguing with you. You're entitled to your opinion. But my point was that just because Csaba is a good manager is no reason not to give him tools - in response to the suggestion that he was not been given the tools RAISED BY NMH in post 82.

I think NMH idea that he thinks Hearts are advocating is great. All the top clubs do it. They get in a manager like Alex Ferguson then they don't sign players like Berbatov, Rooney, Ronaldo, just to challenge their great manager. Oh no sorry they don't do that because they run the club properly where as we make an a r s e of it regularly and still get support from so many on Kickback no matter what

slatefordchap

We are doing quite well in the SPL at the moment without Mike Tullberg, so hopefully he wont be too much of a miss, and there is Gary Glen to come in also.

If we can stay clear of injury's I think we can do really well this season, and of course there is the January window when we just might sign a new player or three.

:Hearts Man spotrun::Hearts Man spotrun::Hearts Man spotrun:

Shabba's The Man

Guest JamboRobbo

With regards to your post about how all threads on here end up with the SAME few posters spoiling decent threads with there doomed outlook on Hearts and then try and pass it off as realism, truth, whatever oh and my very favourite....FACT!!!

Most posters on here are decent, level headed fans who know the score with Hearts and the previous goings on however when positive things do happen like Csaba we always have the prophets/Drama Queens of doom and gloom to tell us the end is nigh because nothing can possibly be positive with Hearts..EVER....FACT!!!

Care to name some names so that those you are attacking can defend themselves, or are you just being cowardly and putting our general slurs on people without having the guts to name who you are slagging off?

That's total nonsense. Everyone seens very happy with Csaba. There is a difference of opinion about whether we should have added to our striker options, nothing more nothing less. It happens at every club. I have been reading a number of posts on a Spurs forum this week and many of their fans are up in arms about not having bought another striker in the window. Big deal, some fans think one thing other's think another. For now nobody knows who is right but it's nothing to do with negativity or positivity juts a footballing opinion. Get over yourself.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Quite. And like most things HMFC, let's see what happens over the next few months. Csaba seems to have built relationships with everyone from the fans to Vlad and even, to a lesser extent, the weegia. The players also respect him. That is the biggest positive at the club for ages.

We can also agree that a better squad is desirable but until we see what is happening with the planning permission issue, we may have to accept that the club won't be spending much money on the squad in preparation for that. It would be nice, though, if some communication on this issue came from the boardroom/Lithuania.

This was a promising and reasonably interesting thread about what Csaba had said last night and how he invariably makes players and fans feel positive when talking to them face to face but seems to have degenerated into another slagging match about who said and meant what and who is too positive/negative.

The fact about the Jamie Mole tactic was that Csaba was able to explain his thinking clearly as he was on pretty much all football topics. The full discussion re JM was less about his ability to shoot from 25 metres and more about him dropping off to lose his markers and create space from where he could either shoot (as against St Mirren) or find a pass to a team mate in space.

While no doubt almost all posters will disagree at some point on players, tactics or substitutions the fact remains that Csaba is an impressive orator who appears to have an in depth knowledge of the game.

Another thing I took from last night is that while he may be a great laugh and seems to have inspired some players e.g. Mikey S, Nade, I don't think that many people would fancy crossing him as he looks like he could also be a hard b*****d when the need arises.

This was a promising and reasonably interesting thread about what Csaba had said last night and how he invariably makes players and fans feel positive when talking to them face to face but seems to have degenerated into another slagging match about who said and meant what and who is too positive/negative.

The fact about the Jamie Mole tactic was that Csaba was able to explain his thinking clearly as he was on pretty much all football topics. The full discussion re JM was less about his ability to shoot from 25 metres and more about him dropping off to lose his markers and create space from where he could either shoot (as against St Mirren) or find a pass to a team mate in space.

While no doubt almost all posters will disagree at some point on players, tactics or substitutions the fact remains that Csaba is an impressive orator who appears to have an in depth knowledge of the game.

Another thing I took from last night is that while he may be a great laugh and seems to have inspired some players e.g. Mikey S, Nade, I don't think that many people would fancy crossing him as he looks like he could also be a hard b*****d when the need arises.

So it's his idea Jamie dropping off so deep all of the time.

I think it leaves us with no-one in the box to aim at and it would work better if we had another striker as well as Mole playing.

Absolutely and it's great that ALL the fans are behind the manager.

Differences in opinion are actually normal in terms of the squad and whether we are strong enough in certain areas.

The only thing that has happended on this thread which is disappointing is that certain posters can't help but debate the poster rather than the point being made. It has feck all to do with being positive or negative.

Guest JamboRobbo

Differences in opinion are actually normal in terms of the squad and whether we are strong enough in certain areas.

The only thing that has happended on this thread which is disappointing is that certain posters can't help but debate the poster rethaer than the point being made. It has feck all to do with being positive or negative.

Agreed Agreed agreed. :)

You MAY get knocked down by a bus tomorrow JR. :rolleyes:

Stop looking for negativity in everything mate.

Life's more fun that way. :)

Chad, You're in danger of helping this become another thread that starts being about something interesting and ends up being about JamboRobbo.

As for our supposed Striker Crisis it's early days but this looks like a bit of a red herring.

Motherwell, Saint Mirren and Hamilton have scored four goals against us in 3 games.

If people want to moan about something (and seemingly people do) then surely that is the more pressing issue than the fact that our, respectable, stream of goals aren't coming from a classical poaching centre forward.

The problem isn't that we aren't scoring enough goals it's that we need at least two goals to get three points.

And apart from anything else teams who are overly reliant on one goalscorer become one dimensional and easier to defend against as evidenced by the way that the top scorer very seldom plays for the champions (Henrik Larson was something of an Exception).

Geoff Kilpatrick

The only thing that has happended on this thread which is disappointing is that certain posters can't help but debate the poster rather than the point being made. It has feck all to do with being positive or negative.

I agree with the principle but I understand the reaction. The perception is that people can act like stuck records on here and although they may be making a completely valid point, it resonates with so many other posts that the initial reaction is to roll the eyes and glaze over.

Guest JamboRobbo
Chad, You're in danger of helping this become another thread that starts being about something interesting and ends up being about JamboRobbo.

As are you. Leave out the subtle digs (Like Steve Davis - I am interesting btw :P) and I won't respond to defend myself.

I thoroughly enjoyed last night, Csaba responded in a thoughtful considered manner to each question. I think other posters have covered most of his answers, the biggest thing I got from last night was on our signing policy.

The main focus will be getting good players through our youth set up, he didn't discount buying other players in but he has been impressed by the young Scottish players. As mentioned, players from abroad need to speak fluent English and their national team must be in the top 75 in the rankings.

He mentioned Driver quite a few times, he's spoken to him about taking his chances. He mentioned that he thought Driver was celebrating before he'd finished ie taking his eye off the ball and not getting the final product.

He was asked about Beslija but I think he misheard the question, the person who asked it, asked quite a few questions at the same time and I think Shabba just missed it.

All in all a great evening, much improved on the last one. TBH, I'm just glad we have tactics this season!

A thread which began by reminding me why I started posting on Kickback in the first place, within the space of 3 pages turns into a beautiful illustration of the reason I stopped.

I haven't posted in more than 6 months because of this continuing unreadable nonsense.

Congratulations.

So it's his idea Jamie dropping off so deep all of the time.

I think it leaves us with no-one in the box to aim at and it would work better if we had another striker as well as Mole playing.

This illustrates the point I was trying to make. It's inevitable that for any given tactic, some will agree with it and others won't but what is different about Csaba (and why so many of us are positive) is that he is able and willing to provide a clear rationale as to why he wants to do it.

Hearts 2nd by next Saturday, 4.50pm. Could easily happen.

3 wins would see us definetely top (assuming Killie don't beat both Rangers and Celtic) come September 27th. Is that positive enough thoughts for the 'positivity police' ?

A thread which began by reminding me why I started posting on Kickback in the first place, within the space of 3 pages turns into a beautiful illustration of the reason I stopped.

I haven't posted in more than 6 months because of this continuing unreadable nonsense.

Congratulations.

Correct.

Cannae believe it I read this thread early on and folk were all very complimentary about Csaba and his views and how refreshing it was etc etc AND thankful for the input from the OP (and anyone else in attandance, I certainly was)..................... didnt look in for a wee while and a bun fight has began and it has turned into the same old slagging match. Why??

Correct.

Cannae believe it I read this thread early on and folk were all very complimentary about Csaba and his views and how refreshing it was etc etc AND thankful for the input from the OP (and anyone else in attandance, I certainly was)..................... didnt look in for a wee while and a bun fight has began and it has turned into the same old slagging match. Why??

It's very simple. See post 169.

Not one person is unhappy with Csaba. Some are unhappy with the striker options (including me), some are happy with them and some never criticise or indeed question anything Hearts. It's a mountain out of a mole hill.

The problem on this thread appears to have been caused by people criticising posters for having an opinion on part of the OP's post

They took it off topic.

If people on JKB are reduced to having to post a sentence by sentence response to every part of an OP then its true, JKB has become a pointless entity

I agree with Top Cat though, there is an argument that our defence is more of a problem than our strikers. But are we allowed to discuss that? I just dont know

My issue with Tullbergs fitness is that he seems pretty key to the succesful working of this new attacking fluid midfield trio of Larry, Driver and Obua.

eg bringing these guys into the game in an attacking sense. If we have a new sort of front four formation, only 2 goals have come from these guys so far.

Yes, to date, we have won games but at some point goals from more defensively minded players will dry up, missed chances will mean we lose or draw a game we dont deserve to.

This is surely a common debate amongst fans of other clubs?

I actually think my main concern is defence - considering we are essentially playing with 5 defenders on the pitch we should be doing better.

But combine a leaky defence with a profligate attack and you will soon start dropping points. Not rocket science, but also I am not entirely sure why such comments are so controversial?

Aye, my opinion and is invalid, and everything that is wrong on JKB or Hearts is my fault. If that makes you happy, then feel free to believe it.

Never said your opinion wasnt invalid however with regards to the Tullburg could be the next Bes part imo that was at best premature, at worst just plain ridiculous.

Afterall this is a forum and people can say what they like however things on here can become rather tedious!!

Also I wont say who I feel are the usual suspects are, that I will keep to myself (signed a confidentiality agreement with myself:eek:)!!

All I am pointing out is that no matter what is posted on KB it seems to result in people turning the thread into negativity.

With regards to last night for anyone who was there the majority who left the suite last night were impressed with his comments and explainations on the team.

Its also worth noting that Csaba felt the strikeforce was ok and improving and beginning to use there footballing brain albeit if he found a striker or any other player who would try and sign them.

Randle P McMurphy
As far as Iam aware Hearts looked at the possibility of getting Gow or Riordan in but it didn't happen - as we weren't linked with any other players we have to assume they hadn't identified many or any other players who could improve our team within the finances available - I think both Gow & Riordan were wanted as loan options so clearly there wasn't much money available for transfer fees.

Yes we have missed chances Mole has only been guilty of missing a couple of chances - the attacking midfielders & wingers have also squandered opportunities so it's up to the whole team to improve their finishing - a new striker MIGHT have taken his chances better but that doesn't mean the rest still don't need to be more clinical in front of goal especially given the formation we play the main opportunities fall as often to the support players as the main striker.

I think this is the point Csaba was making, he is playing 4-4-2 in his eyes. Its just that the second striker is lying slightly deeper. He is looking for players to break from midfield as well as defence and players must be flexible enough to cover the guy who is breaking forward from his conventional position. There should basically be a goalscoring threat from any position on the pitch other than goalie but not at the danger of being badly exposed on the break should the attack break down.

This is evidenced by what he said about Karapidis being selected instead of Ruben as he has the discipline and the tactical nous to cover Zal and Berra(!!) breaking out of defence.

He reckons he has 7/8 strikers that he can work with and improve and they need to improve their composure in front of goal. I suppose over time he will still have the same number of strikers but they will be of a higher quality either through improved coaching or by moving on those that cant learn and replacing them with higher quality assuming finances allow.

Guest JamboRobbo
Never said your opinion wasnt invalid however with regards to the Tullburg could be the next Bes part imo that was at best premature, at worst just plain ridiculous.

Fair enough. Premature perhaps. But thats why I said "beginning to look like it may". Cause I'm not claiming it to have happened yet. I'm saying that the longer he's still "2 weeks away" the more it's beginning to look like it might.

Afterall this is a forum and people can say what they like however things on here can become rather tedious!!

Also I wont say who I feel are the usual suspects are, that I will keep to myself (signed a confidentiality agreement with myself:eek:)!!

All I am pointing out is that no matter what is posted on KB it seems to result in people turning the thread into negativity.

I'd say that no matter the subject, you're going to get people with different opinions on it. If you want to classify those into positive and negative ones, then yes, there will be some of both.

With regards to last night for anyone who was there the majority who left the suite last night were impressed with his comments and explainations on the team.

Its also worth noting that Csaba felt the strikeforce was ok and improving and beginning to use there footballing brain albeit if he found a striker or any other player who would try and sign them.

And I've not said otherwise mate. The points I've tried to make on this thread are that I think we're a bit short up front, that i think Tullbergs 2 week injury is starting to drag on a bit now that 2 months have gone by, and that I don't think Mole will score many 25 yarders this year. I don't think any of those things are all that controversial but as usual it all gets jumped on. :P

One thing is quite clear, every Hearts supporter seems to be fully behind Csaba Laszlo. Despite another insipid performance at Ibrox against an appalling Rangers team and a home exit to a first division team in the cup, he has got off rather lightly compared to previous Hearts managers. I think we all agree he should be given all the time he needs to turn the playing side of the club around and be given absolute free reign to do so.

One thing is quite clear, every Hearts supporter seems to be fully behind Csaba Laszlo. Despite another insipid performance at Ibrox against an appalling Rangers team and a home exit to a first division team in the cup, he has got off rather lightly compared to previous Hearts managers. I think we all agree he should be given all the time he needs to turn the playing side of the club around and be given absolute free reign to do so.

Interesting viewpoint. Agreed.

Another point is that whereas previously we moaned about players being played out of position, we are now commenting on players learning new positions and are broadly positive

For example, Jonsson, Karipidis (although there is more resistance re him there accepted), Larry as a second striker.

It has something to do with presentation - Csaba has been explaining and reasoning such changes.

It probably has something to do with desperation for change in the position eg right back

But whatever way you look at it we are still playing players out of position.

We arent moaning about it though.

Shove that up yer pipe positivists.........:P

Another point is that whereas previously we moaned about players being played out of position, we are now commenting on players learning new positions and are broadly positive

For example, Jonsson, Karipidis (although there is more resistance re him there accepted), Larry as a second striker.

It has something to do with presentation - Csaba has been explaining and reasoning such changes.

It probably has something to do with desperation for change in the position eg right back

But whatever way you look at it we are still playing players out of position.

We arent moaning about it though.

Shove that up yer pipe positivists.........:P

It's because Csaba explains the reasoning from every possible angle before you can get a word in, hence no moaning. :D

Nelly Terraces

Playing a centre half in front of the back 4 and turning a right sided mid player into a right back is hardly revolutionary stuff. Or it isn't to anyone who knows anything about football.

He does also stick by his decisions, previous Hearts teams changed personnel and position with giddying frequency.

I wonder if Neilsen gets to play when he comes back, or he'll stick with Eggert?

I also think he's trying to develop the side for the future, and will stick with things on that basis, (we'll have to see what happens when results don't go our way....)

Guest JamboRobbo
Playing a centre half in front of the back 4 and turning a right sided mid player into a right back is hardly revolutionary stuff. Or it isn't to anyone who knows anything about football.

Agreed.

I think the difference, with the vast majority of managers we've had, is that he is being up front about everything and we can also see the changes he is making beginning to bear fruit. The difference in performance levels and the fact that no player (including Kingston!) is being allowed to wander through games without puting in 100% and also the fact that he's addressing the problems that the fans have been commenting about for months/years (the need for a decent right back, the lack of cover at left back, too many wage thiefs, Nade's oversized ers, etc.) makes all the fans a bit more patient because I think we all want him to succeed - with folk like Rix and Fail [sic] etc. there was always a large number of fans who were looking for a mistake because they didn't think they were up to, or qualified for, the job.

Incedentally, I wonder how long Laszlo has been planning on coming to Hearts. He said, even before he was appointed, thathe always paid close attention to Scottish results while he was in Africa and intimated that he was approached for the job 4 years ago. He seems to have sorted out so much so quickly, and has such an awareness of where we went wrong last year, that it wouldn't surprise me if he'd been planning what he would do for some time - maybe even since Vlad's announcement in January.

I just hope we can hold onto him for a good few years and that Vlad doesn't go off on one!

The points I've tried to make on this thread are that I think we're a bit short up front, that i think Tullbergs 2 week injury is starting to drag on a bit now that 2 months have gone by, and that I don't think Mole will score many 25 yarders this year.

Bit of a funny one this striker situation.

Personally, I think we've just been a bit unlucky, as almost all of them have been injured/lacking fitness for the first few matches.

Jamie Mole has been asked to stand in for the moment and has done very well. Once Glen, Nade and Tullberg are ready, we'll have a decent 4 options. I think a fit Nade could be a very good player in the SPL.

Not forgetting, adding another striker to our books for the sake of the first few games may not have been a very economical answer.

And when you have loads of money invested in a team and massive squad at your disposal you would think it would be a better option to have a specialist defensive midfielder and specialist right back of the sufficient quality rather than playing players out of position.

Anyone that knew much about football would suggest that this would be preferred

Indeed anyone that knew much about football would argue that this would show up the transfer activities at such a club to be a bit of a mess

Charlie-Brown
I think NMH idea that he thinks Hearts are advocating is great. All the top clubs do it. They get in a manager like Alex Ferguson then they don't sign players like Berbatov, Rooney, Ronaldo, just to challenge their great manager. Oh no sorry they don't do that because they run the club properly where as we make an a r s e of it regularly and still get support from so many on Kickback no matter what

I assume you can't / didn't bother to read what I actually wrote bighalders?

jambos are go!

Csaba said at the meeting that the huge clubs could throw money around and buy players that were already the finished article and required little coaching/tactical/motivational improvement. Below that level players have to be brought on and improved. I think that was what he was saying when he was said making comparisons with Ferguson. Wenger, Mourhino etc was not for him. Maybe true but surely Fergie brought on Scholes, Beckham, Ronaldo and the like.

Charlie-Brown
Csaba said at the meeting that the huge clubs could throw money around and buy players that were already the finished article and required little coaching/tactical/motivational improvement. Below that level players have to be brought on and improved. I think that was what he was saying when he was said making comparisons with Ferguson. Wenger, Mourhino etc was not for him. Maybe true but surely Fergie brought on Scholes, Beckham, Ronaldo and the like.

In an earlier era Fergie certainly developed players at St Mirren & Aberdeen & Manchester United but in recent years (since his previous non-retirement) I'm not sure how much actual training ground work he's done in that respect and probably C.Queroz & S.McLaren etc probably did most of the direct coaching work with individual players.

Toxteth O'Grady

At what stage does a players position become set in stone?

Zorba has played right back, centre half and defensive midfield for us, I didn't fancy him much as a right back but he has coped well in the other 2 positions.

Eggert has played in various positions for the under 19's, I don't remember seeing him play right back but maybe it will suit him, I trust Csaba's judgment more than Shaggy's.

Thierry Henry was a winger until Arsene Wenger decided to try him through the middle, that didn't work out too badly.

Charlie-Brown
At what stage does a players position become set in stone?

Zorba has played right back, centre half and defensive midfield for us, I didn't fancy him much as a right back but he has coped well in the other 2 positions.

Eggert has played in various positions for the under 19's, I don't remember seeing him play right back but maybe it will suit him, I trust Csaba's judgment more than Shaggy's.

Thierry Henry was a winger until Arsene Wenger decided to try him through the middle, that didn't work out too badly.

Paul Hartley was an ineffective & infuriating player for a host of clubs when he played as a winger but he was turned into a great centre midfielder.

willie wallace

I know we all have different opinions on players but if Laszlo can turn Karapidis into a midfielder then he certainly deserves legend status.

Archived