CSABA Meeting: Tullberg still injured

jambos are go!

Apart from 1 pre-season game that Tullberg played for 25 minutes I don't see how news of his continued injury problems has made us weaker as he hasn't been involved .... when Tullberg plays eventually it will be a bonus (hopefully) and he WILL be like having a new player.

We have coped without him albeit those who have played could of course do better but there is more to come from Nade & Glen who haven't played very much as well as Tullberg....thus far Mole has had to bear almost all the striker burden on his own.

Signing another striker would have been a nice comfort but it didn't happen so we just have to make do.

More importantly is how the attacking midfielders Kingston, Driver, Obua, Miko, Chesney, Ksana, Stewart etc chip in with goals.

Begs the question though as to what was the basis upon which we signed him?

He clearly wasnt known / good enough to be signed without a trial stint, and trial stint lasted about 2 days before he was crocked.

What has Csaba seen of him? Why would Csaba know of a Danish guy in Italy if he was Uganda coach?

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've heard it all now

Censorship on discussion of a footballing issue arising from a meeting with our manager.

So the "positivists" criticise the "negativists" for being negative all the time, then demand that everyone is positive all the time.

Hypocracy?

Life is a rich tapestry guys, if you want people to preach what they are told all the time and be neutred from having an opinion which does not follow this move to China or Russia or join a religious cult / commune

jambos are go!

Csaba wants 2 players vying for every position. Under that philosophy Eggert and can be accomodated particularly with Eggert able to play right midfield as well. If Eggert blooms he wont be long for Tynecastle IMO.

Nelly Terraces
Cause I want us to win football matches, not miss out cause we're creating chances which we aren't putting in the back of the net.

I agree. Doesn't mean it's not a problem, or some taboo subject that shouldn't ever be talked about though.

Hearts are lacking up front. There, I've said it. Now shoot me.

Please justify that statement JR.

We are creating chances, and we are putting them in the net. We've scored an average of 1.75 goals so far, and we were robbed of a pen at the Bronx. That's good enough for me for now. Csaba's been in the job 2 minutes and already people are moaning. Tullberg's still to come into the side, and we have a man, who I believe, can get the very best out the players available to him. He already explained last night that Moles goal v St Mingin was no fluke and that it was something he has encouraged him to do in training, (ditto Zal's goal v Hami).

You can cry about it all you like, but we have a great deal of forwards at this club, maybe, just maybe, some of them will come good (Glen??). But, of course, we have to exercise that emotional form of control so lacking in today's modern world - patience.

Of course, all of this cyber chat is just that, and it's going to change diddly squat. In the real world, Csaba's up at Riccarton putting the players through their paces, along with the Burgerman. I'm more than happy with that situation at this time.

Cheers.

I'm more than happy with that situation at this time.

Cheers.

I think all of us are.

In the past - say pre-Romanov - I can practically guarantee everyone of us would be complaining about the lack of a decent striker up front.

I remember the moans about Wyness, about MDV towards the end of his time etc. There were disagreements between us but I cant remember people wanting to censor discussion on what was a problem position

Now it appears some people want to make it taboo to discuss our concerns about the fact that we have no-one in the squad that has proven they can score even double figures from the striker position.

And they say the people who are dubious about Vlad have an agenda....

Guest JamboRobbo
Please justify that statement JR.

Don't want to argue over it mate.

IMO.

Tullberg ain't fit and it's beginning to seem like he may be the next Bes.

Nade hasn't been fit in over a year and it's a gamble to think he'll acheive fitness.

Mole has done as much as could be expected for a young boy that couldn't get a game for QOS, but has a long way to go and I doubt he'll ever make it.

Glen looks a prospect, but is a young lad. again, a gamble to rely on him.

Even Csaba keeps going on about our failure to convert chances (the job strikers are meant to do).

We are creating chances, and we are putting them in the net. We've scored an average of 1.75 goals so far, and we were robbed of a pen at the Bronx. That's good enough for me for now. Csaba's been in the job 2 minutes and already people are moaning. Tullberg's still to come into the side, and we have a man, who I believe, can get the very best out the players available to him. He already explained last night that Moles goal v St Mingin was no fluke and that it was something he has encouraged him to do in training, (ditto Zal's goal v Hami).

You can cry about it all you like, but we have a great deal of forwards at this club, maybe, just maybe, some of them will come good (Glen??). But, of course, we have to exercise that emotional form of control so lacking in today's modern world - patience.

Of course, all of this cyber chat is just that, and it's going to change diddly squat. In the real world, Csaba's up at Riccarton putting the players through their paces, along with the Burgerman. I'm more than happy with that situation at this time.

Cheers.

We're all entitled to our opinion mate. I'm not crying about it. I'm just stating my opinion, that I think we are lacking up front and it'd be better if we'd signed another striker. I agree with you on Csaba, I just disagree on the quality of forward we have at the club. IMO, we're lacking up front. I've explained why I think that - little point arguing abuot it.

Re Moles goal v St Mirren, a half decent keeper would've saved it rather than palming it up into his own net. Again, IMO.

jambos are go!

IMO.

Nade hasn't been fit in over a year and it's a gamble to think he'll acheive fitness.

Mole has done as much as could be expected for a young boy that couldn't get a game for QOS, but has a long way to go and I doubt he'll ever make it.

Even Csaba keeps going on about our failure to convert chances (the job strikers are meant to do).

We're all entitled to our opinion mate. I'm not crying about it. I'm just stating my opinion, that I think we are lacking up front and it'd be better if we'd signed another striker. I agree with you on Csaba, I just disagree on the quality of forward we have at the club. IMO, we're lacking up front. I've explained why I think that - little point arguing abuot it.

Re Moles goal v St Mirren, a half decent keeper would've saved it rather than palming it up into his own net. Again, IMO.

According to CSABA last night this was a planned move. Jamie moving into midfield and not being picked up. Great but I Agree the keeper could have done better though but shots on target are the first priority.

IMO.

Tullberg ain't fit and it's beginning to seem like he may be the next Bes.Nade hasn't been fit in over a year and it's a gamble to think he'll acheive fitness.

As mentioned earlier this is his first ever serious injury which is nearly healed up but not at a rapid pace.

He is away home for a week to recuperate no doubt see his family and a doctor he knows. Which is normal and fine. He aint crackers he just has an injury which can take time to heal. Csaba reckoned he would be ready in 2 weeks.

May I suggest to anyone who hasnt had the opportunity to listen to Csaba in person that when the opportunity does arise again get yourself along and listen and ask questions because this man will not shirk a question on any footballing topic.

Guest JamboRobbo
[/b]

According to CSABA last night this was a planned move. Jamie moving into midfield and not being picked up. Great but I Agree the keeper could have done better though but shots on target are the first priority.

I think corners and set pieces have been a great improvement under Csaba. I've already stated that.

If he plans on continually setting up Jamie Mole for 25 yarders, I think he's going to be in for a rude awakening as the season goes on.

Guest JamboRobbo
As mentioned earlier this is his first ever serious injury which is nearly healed up but not at a rapid pace.

He is away home for a week to recuperate no doubt see his family and a doctor he knows. Which is normal and fine. He aint crackers he just has an injury which can take time to heal. Csaba reckoned he would be ready in 2 weeks.

Time will tell mate. I heard similar re Beslija and Pinilla. Of course it'll be great if he does get fit, and does play, and does score.

For now, I'll wait till I see him play before I get excited about all the goals he's going to score though.

Chad Sexington

FFS JR. That's ridiculous.

The guy's been here 5 minutes, picks up an injury that's a bit worse than first feared, and you start comparing him to the human sicknote that is Bes.

That just seems like drama queenery to me mate.

Please expand on your reasons for predicting that he will be a long term injury junkie.

Charlie-Brown
I think corners and set pieces have been a great improvement under Csaba. I've already stated that.

If he plans on continually setting up Jamie Mole for 25 yarders, I think he's going to be in for a rude awakening as the season goes on.

Mole has a good shot and frequently used to bang them in from distance when he played in U19's - scored a cracker against the Hobo's in an East of Scotland match previously.

Nelly Terraces

May I suggest to anyone who hasnt had the opportunity to listen to Csaba in person that when the opportunity does arise again get yourself along and listen and ask questions because this man will not shirk a question on any footballing topic.

As you said earlier BB, I can see the situation being where Romanov no longer takes Csaba's calls as the great man can talk for fun lol!!

Guest JamboRobbo
FFS JR. That's ridiculous.

did you miss the word "may" when you read what I posted?

The guy's been here 5 minutes, picks up an injury that's a bit worse than first feared, and you start comparing him to the human sicknote that is Bes.

That just seems like drama queenery to me mate.

Please expand on your reasons for predicting that he will be a long term injury junkie.

I've said he may be, on the basis that we've been getting told he's 2 weeks away from fitness since pre-season......

IMO.

In my opinion that is ridiculos. Beslija's been here over two and a half years. Tullberg's been here about two months. Time will tell but that is a very dodgy comparison.

I definately can see where folk are coming from ie the striker situation but allI would say is that we have won 3 games out of 4 and are the second or thrid top goalscorers in the league. Obviously this isthe place to speculate about our lack of cutting edge but I think the moment we should worry about the striker situation is when we are creating chances, not finishing them and not winning games.

EDIT: Noticed the may. Still think it is dodgy.

Guest JamboRobbo
In my opinion that is ridiculos. Beslija's been here over two and a half years. Tullberg's been here about two months. Time will tell but that is a very dodgy comparison.

Did you also miss the word "may" in my sentence?

Does anyone on here know what the phrase "beginning to seem like he may" means?

As you say, time will tell. So it's possible that he MAY be the next bes.

I definately can see where folk are coming from ie the striker situation but allI would say is that we have won 3 games out of 4 and are the second or thrid top goalscorers in the league. Obviously this isthe place to speculate about our lack of cutting edge but I think the moment we should worry about the striker situation is when we are creating chances, not finishing them and not winning games.

So you're suggesting we should rest on our laurels? :P

IMO, we should always be striving to improve.

Chad Sexington
did you miss the word "may" when you read what I posted?

I've said he may be, on the basis that we've been getting told he's 2 weeks away from fitness since pre-season......

You MAY get knocked down by a bus tomorrow JR. :rolleyes:

Stop looking for negativity in everything mate.

Life's more fun that way. :)

Guest JamboRobbo
You MAY get knocked down by a bus tomorrow JR. :rolleyes:

Stop looking for negativity in everything mate.

Life's more fun that way. :)

i said "it's beginning to seem like he may be the next bes".

I'm basing that on the fact that we've been getting told he's two weeks from fitness for about 2 months.

I don't think thats all that ridiculous a thought to have.

It is a negative that Tullberg is not fit. There's no need to look for a negative there. It's staring us in the face.

I have a perfectly fun life thank you very much. I don't need to pretend EVERYTHING is perfect at Hearts in order to have that fun life.

Nelly Terraces

I'd love you to meet Csaba and tell that to his face. To be honest, it's like Rolf Harris telling Rembrandt how to paint.

That's a ridiculous statement mate. Do you HONESTLY believe that he will "continually" using that tactic? He's done it once or twice in 3 or 4 games, so he's blatantly not "continually" doing it is he?! It's simply one of many of his tactics, and it worked a treat on that occasion.

If i'm not mistaken Hearts have scored as many goals as anyone else in the league so far, albeit after only 4 games. I might be the only one, but i'm delighted that the goals are coming from different area's of the team. Look how reliant we have been in the last 2-3 years on Skacel, Hartley and then Velicka to score the majority of our goals. I would obviously like to see Mole & Nade get 15 goals each, but i'm delighted that Miko, Audrey, Stewart, Zaliukas and Driver have chipped in too.

Guest JamboRobbo
I'd love you to meet Csaba and tell that to his face. To be honest, it's like Rolf Harris telling Rembrandt how to paint.

okay doke.

I wasn't suggesting Csaba was resting on his laurels. I was pointing out that was what the OP was suggesting we do. I'm sure Csaba would know a lot better than to do that.

Guest JamboRobbo
That's a ridiculous statement mate. Do you HONESTLY believe that he will "continually" using that tactic? He's done it once or twice in 3 or 4 games, so he's blatantly not "continually" doing it is he?! It's simply one of many of his tactics, and it worked a treat on that occasion.

You were the one who said it was a planned tactic, not me. Do you honestly believe he plans a tactic just for one game then drops it?

I'm basing that on the fact that we've been getting told he's two weeks from fitness for about 2 months.

It is a negative that Tullberg is not fit. There's no need to look for a negative there. It's staring us in the face.

I have a perfectly fun life thank you very much. I don't need to pretend EVERYTHING is perfect at Hearts in order to have that fun life.

I wonder if Canestan would work?

Does anyone on here know what the phrase "beginning to seem like he may" means?

I hope you noticed my edit.:cool:

Anyway I read a post underneath and see what you mean, re more about being told about the injury rather than the injury itself.

Still we should give it a season before comparing him to Beslija.:P

No we shouldn't be resting on our laurels. I'm sure Csaba ain't. I am just saying at the moment it ain't as bad as some are making it out to be. Yes we don't have a quality striker at the moment (hopefully Nade can prove he is) but we are scoring goals and winning games.

I dont think he could handle a session with the Csaba, there would be too much sense and positivity in the rrom for him to handle!!!:eek:

Guest JamboRobbo
I dont think he could handle a session with the Csaba, there would be too much sense and positivity in the rrom for him to

handle!!!:eek:

and another. :rolleyes:

Chad Sexington

Oh right...so you're inferring that I'm pretending everything is perfect at Hearts, because I don't think there is a massive problem with Tullberg's injury taking longer to clear up than first feared?

What gibberish.

He's injured. Get over it.

He'll be back playing soon. No doubt when he is you'll be the first one on here telling everyone how crap you think he is.

:rolleyes:

okay doke.

I wasn't suggesting Csaba was resting on his laurels. I was pointing out that was what the OP was suggesting we do.

Nah I wasn't suggesting that. I was talking about us as fans not getting our knickers in a twist about not having a 'striker' even though we are one of the top scorers in the league and are winning games.

Does make a change that we are debating about not having a quality striker with us sitting third in the league having won 3 from 4.:cool:

Guest JamboRobbo
Oh right...so you're inferring that I'm pretending everything is perfect at Hearts, because I don't think there is a massive problem with Tullberg's injury taking longer to clear up than first feared?

A bit like inferring things about someones life based on their opinion on HMFC?

And I think he seems more than capable too. Excellent decision re Jonnson, and I think he'll go on to be a top right back.

Equally, just cause a manager is good, that seems no reason NOT to give him the tools to make his job easier.

So it was Vlads fault was it.

Or do you know for a fact he wasn't offered the tools.

Guest JamboRobbo
[/b]

So it was Vlads fault was it.

Or do you know for a fact he wasn't offered the tools.

Try reading the post again, and the post I was replying to (which was the post which suggested we were deliberately NOT giving him the tools), and if you still don't understand the point, get back to me.

You were the one who said it was a planned tactic, not me. Do you honestly believe he plans a tactic just for one game then drops it?

Are you for real?

My point is that he obviously does not have just one tactic for scoring goals. As I said in my last post, Mole has done this once or twice in the 4 games he has played, so Csaba is clearly not telling him to do only this. I think maybe you should go back and read your own post that I replied to.

Get off your high horse. Your digging yourself an even bigger hole. Some people are probably resorting to abuse because your obviously not acknowledging their point of view and your then twisting their words.

P.S It was Csaba who said it was a planned tactic, not me! So get your facts right please :P

Chad Sexington
A bit like inferring things about someones life based on their opinion on HMFC?

Sorry if I offended you mate.

I can only go on the posts I read on here...and to me, you come across as someone who likes to look for the negative in everything.

That's all well and good if justified...but sometimes it comes across as moaning for the sake of moaning.

No offence.

:)

Guest JamboRobbo
Sorry if I offended you mate.

I can only go on the post I read on here...and to me, you come across as someone who likes to look for the negative in everything.

That's all well and good if justified...but sometimes it comes across as moaning for the sake of moaning.

No offence.

:)

It's no problem. Just explaining why I replied in kind. :P

:rofl:

I realise that a lot of artists live their lives in obscurity and only have their genius recognised after they have died. The same does not apply to football managers, though. Their abilities and talent are more often than not related to the level of football over which they preside. In Csaba's case, that wasn't exactly great before we came calling. Just as criticism of him is premature, so also are the rather embarrassing eulogies. Let's give him a bit more time before we build him up or knock him down.

Guest JamboRobbo
Are you for real?

No. :P

My point is that he obviously does not have just one tactic for scoring goals. As I said in my last post, Mole has done this once or twice in the 4 games he has played, so Csaba is clearly not telling him to do only this. I think maybe you should go back and read your own post that I replied to.

Get off your high horse. Your digging yourself an even bigger hole. Some people are probably resorting to abuse because your obviously not acknowledging their point of view and your then twisint their words.

P.S It was Csaba who said it was a planned tactic, not me! So get your facts right please :P

And my point is, I think this alleged plan of generating chances for Mole to shoot from 25 yards is not as clever as it may be looking right now. (yes, he scored one. Lets see how many more 25 yarders he scores over the season is my point).

And my point is, I think this alleged plan of generating chances for Mole to shoot from 25 yards is not as clever as it may be looking right now. (yes, he scored one. Lets see how many more 25 yarders he scores over the season is my point).

One goal from perhaps 2 or 3 attempts at it is good enough for me? If it's not for you then your just greedy and maybe even a bit stupid :P

Charlie-Brown

Well it's obviously clever enough for Csaba to want the players to deploy it every now & again and clearly from what he's seen on the training ground he DOES think Mole has a good enough shot to attempt this move otherwise we'd be setting up Kingston / Miko / Driver / Obua / Someone-else for the shot surely? :)

Guest JamboRobbo
One goal from perhaps 2 or 3 attempts at it is good enough for me?

It's good enough for me too. My point is, I don't think Jamie Mole will score a load of 25 yarders over the season.

If it's not for you then your just greedy and maybe even a bit stupid :P

Aye, that'll be it. :rolleyes:

Try reading the post again, and the post I was replying to (which was the post which suggested we were deliberately NOT giving him the tools), and if you still don't understand the point, get back to me.

I'm back and you are talking your usual s---e, feel free to justify your point

Guest JamboRobbo
I'm back and you are talking your usual s---e, feel free to justify your point

Ok, I'll explain it again for the hard of understanding.

NMH suggested we were deliberately making Csaba work with poor players to test/improve his management skills.

My reply to that point was, even if it's true, then just because Csaba is good, thats no reason not to give him the tools. A compliment for Csaba, as opposed to a dig at any players.

If you have a problem with the statement about Csaba not having the tools, I suggest you take it up with NMH (the man who said it and suggested it's deliberate to test Csaba), rather than having a go at me because you don't understand the point being made.

Charlie-Brown

NMH suggested we were deliberately making Csaba work with poor players to test/improve his management skills.

My reply to that point was, even if it's true, then just because Csaba is good, thats no reason not to give him the tools.

If you have a problem with the statement about Csaba not having the tools, I suggest you take it up with NMH (the man who said it and suggested it's deliberate to test Csaba), rather than having a go at me because you don't understand the point being made.

That's complete bollocks JR and I suggest you read my post again - I said we might still benefit from being unable to have signed a striker in that Csaba would have to stretch his managerial & coaching skills to improve the existing players and it might give more chances for youngsters to kick on - show me where I said it was deliberate?

My reply to that point was, even if it's true, then just because Csaba is good, thats no reason not to give him the tools. A compliment for Csaba, as opposed to a dig at any players.

Again you talk nonsense, your response was to a post from cut the crap

Guest JamboRobbo
That's complete bollocks JR and I suggest you read my post again - I said we might still benefit from being unable to have signed a striker in that Csaba would have to stretch his managerial & coaching skills to improve the existing players and it might give more chances for youngsters to kick on - show me where I said it was deliberate?

Fair enough you didn't use the word "deliberate". But my point still stands, Richie whats his name is having a go at me for something that was only a reply to your point.

In some ways we might actually benefit as it will be a truer test of Csaba's managerial & coaching capabilities and if/how he can improve players and improve the team so it functions better than simply buying a ready-made solution to the problem.

Guest JamboRobbo
Again you talk s---e, your response was to a post from cut the crap

little point arguing with you. You're entitled to your opinion. But my point was that just because Csaba is a good manager is no reason not to give him tools - in response to the suggestion that he was not been given the tools RAISED BY NMH in post 82.

Nelly Terraces

Since we're dealing in if's, but's and maybe's here at the mo, then looking at Kilmarnocks next 2 fixtures and ours, then with them having to play Rankers away then Ceptic at home in the next 2 and with us away at a toiling Failkirk then home to ICT, it's not too ridiculous a proposition to think that after 6 games in, we could be sitting quite nicely in 2nd place in the league.

Personally I hope in the next 2 games we win by a single Jamie Mole 25 yarder, which maybe the keeper should have saved, in each.

Ithangyou.....:)

Guest JamboRobbo

Personally I hope in the next 2 games we win by a single Jamie Mole 25 yarder, which maybe the keeper should have saved, in each.

Me too Nelly. In fact I hope we win them 10-0. But I don't think thats very likely either. :)

Archived