CSABA Meeting: Tullberg still injured

jambos are go!

jambos are go!

At a meeting with ST Holders Csaba was his usual self giving the same messages very well . Some new points

Tullberg has gone home to Denmark for a weeks treatment then back for more treatment. Csaba seemed keen on Tullberg but concerned about the injury.

Eggert will be the best Right back in the SPL in 2 Seasons

Would like to sign up to 5 African players but not possible because of Red Tape. Apparently they must speak perfect English and a Large part of Africa speak French or other languages.

Did not seem to keen on Riordan.

Sorry Must go. Others can elaborate.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
maroonlegions
At a meeting with ST Holders Csaba was his usual self giving the same messages very well . Some new points

Tullberg has gone home to Denmark for a weeks treatment then back for more treatment.:eek::rolleyes: Csaba seemed keen on Tullberg but concerned about the injury.

Would like to sign up to 5 African players but not possible because of Red Tape. Apparently they must speak perfect English and a Large part of Africa speak French or other languages.

well so much for Tullberg starting against Falkirk then, please not another injury prone player.:ahhhhhhh:

Toxteth O'Grady
well so much for Tullberg starting against Falkirk then, please not another injury prone player.:ahhhhhhh:

It was crazy to sign this guy in the first place.

alwaysthereinspirit

We certainly have a bad habit of signing not "quite" fit players.:(

letsmakesomenoise

Physio's had hee haw to do since Pinilla was axed! But why oh why do we sign crocks?

This news isn't surprising. He was reported in one or two papers as having ruptured a thigh muscle. If that is indeed the case, he would require some form of surgery and a prolonged period of rehabilitation: 3 months! I wouldn't expect to see him until Christmas, but maybe he'll prove a quick healer.

Randle P McMurphy

As usual Csaba came across really well. It seems he can charm in multiple languages as he also spoke about how much media demand there was for him in Hungary.

I was a wee bit worried by what he said about Tullberg, it seems that he has gone home to Denmark to get physically fit but also psychologically right (maybe I picked this up wrong with his accent).

Both him and Darren Murray spoke about not only getting good players but also good people. This seemed to be a reference to Riordan. Also spoke about not wanting nejative (sic) influences at the club. He sidestepped a question about Beslija right at the end.

His training will not be found in any manuals, he works on drills 100+ times that was why he was so pleased with Zals goal as it was straight off the training pitch. Eggert will be worth ?3m+ in a few years at RB.

David Obua has not played worth sheeit so far but he definitely knows a player when he sees them and he will come good.

Art Vanderlay

I was at this thing. For me, two things really hit home.

Firstly there was someone sitting nearby - too near - whose feet were absolutely stinking. That really offensive old sweaty trainers smell.

But I'd have licked the sweat off the soles of his feet if it would have spared me the second complaint. There was a guy behind me who sniffed loudly every fifteen seconds. Seriously. Over the course of an hour and a half, that was like 350+ loud sniffs. Maybe the culprit was a kickbacker... I'll restrain myself from outright condemnation, but please - DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW ANNOYING THAT WAS?

You must have been aware of it - jeez, take a pill, blow your nose, go outside, something!

Chabba - it emerges this is the correct pronunciation - absolute legend. Really impressed, we've got a winner.

Thank god we didn't waste any money on a un-needed striker on the last day of the transfer window.

:laugh::laugh::icon14:

Who knows, maybe the apparent closeness of his fitness was a rouse to stop people going mental that we didnt buy a fit striker ;)

Did he break down in training?

Art Vanderlay
Did he explain in depth about the system? Give any indication on the banks situation?

NO!

He just sat there, sniffing every fifteen seconds.

Very positive compared to the last meeting where Frail was the main man !

Came over very well the main points I remember.

He is pleased with the chances we make, but frustrated we dont score more ( he mentioned Nade is working his ass of)

He explained the whole Karapidis/Ruben debate, which was covered in an earlier thread, he did however mention he rated Ruben (he played 4 games in Germany) but reckons Karapidis is better at whats currently needed.

Worried most about left back position especially if wallace gets injured.

Obua has not played so well yet ("sheet") but he is a very good player

He has 5 Africans he knows would be starrs in the SPL but there is no danger they would get a work permit

When asked what coaches he admires he said he likes to study alot of coaches but the one he admires most is himself.

Tulleberg injury is a muscle pull he has had to go back to Denmark, he also mentioned his psychology but I think it was lost in translation.

He is looking at young players for the next transfer window.

Thinks Riordin is a good goal scorer but would not have been right for Hearts or their supporters.

Has never been anywhere so obsessed with football.

Berra is growing into the captains roll

Edgert will be best right back in the league in a couple of years time.

Michael Stewart is far happier now as he is not spending the game watching the ball fly over his head from defence to attack.

Both Moles goal & Zali goals were worked at on the training ground, he said it made him very happy as it showed the players he knows what he is talking about.

Darren Murray said that Csaba is not bothered about the under 19 scores, he wants them to be playing good passing football and he wants to know when individuals are ready to step up.

Csaba very happywith goal keeping situation now, mentioning it was not good to have many goalis (7 at 1 stage) and no coach.

Csaba wilol get rid of players who are not good enough (i think he meant transfer them not kill them).

He was offered (i think) the job 4 years ago but the time was not right.

Lots more but think thats the main points I think.

Very positive, no silly promises he just wants us top 6 hopefully UEFA this year and to then build on it next year.

Cheers

Quell surprise. The striker we have been made to believe would be the answer to all our concerns is injured and there is no likelihood of him being seen soon. Makes an even bigger mockery of signing no one else.

Quell surprise. The striker we have been made to believe would be the answer to all our concerns is injured and there is no likelihood of him being seen soon. Makes an even bigger mockery of signing no one else.

I still think we have more than enough up front to do us just now. We have Nade, Mole and Glen who can play the centre forward role in the current formation (even Makela if we are desperate), Kingston, Obua and Ksanavicius who can play in the hole. Templeton, Ryan Wallace etc coming through as well.

No point in signing a player for the sake of it, if the quality is no better than what we have.

Art Vanderlay

Csaba did make the point that in a couple of months we could field a team with seven strikers.

They did think about signing another one but elected not to -

Nade's making great progress (I think Csaba is putting a LOT of faith in Nade and I think he's right to, very talented player), we've got Mole, Glen, Ksana (behind striker), and Makela. With Tullberg coming back (don't think we can blame the management for his injury being worse than first suspected). I can't actually think who the seventh was he mentioned... but you get the point.

p.s. having aired my grievance with the sniffer, I feel a lot better. if you're out there, somewhere on the board, you're all right with me, Jack. I'll post a smiley for you. http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/images/icons/icon7.gif

This news isn't surprising. He was reported in one or two papers as having ruptured a thigh muscle. If that is indeed the case, he would require some form of surgery and a prolonged period of rehabilitation: 3 months! I wouldn't expect to see him until Christmas, but maybe he'll prove a quick healer.

torn tigh muscle with good physio on average 8 weeks would have to be very bad to require surgery

torn tigh muscle with good physio on average 8 weeks would have to be very bad to require surgery

He got the injury around 6 weeks ago didnt he?

He came across very well indeed. Refused to answer a question about Hearts debt reduction due to transfers out (quite rightly I guess - not his area) and is very pleased with the number of chances being made.

He said that in most top leagues, teams are very often confined to 2 or 3 chances a game. He says we are making 6 or 7 chances and he is as frustrated as we are that few of them are taken

ps - I wasn't the sniffer :)

Drylaw Hearts

Striker watch......

2006 : We sign an unfit Pinilla.

2007 : We sign an unfit Nade.

2008 : We sign an unfit Tullberg.

Will we ever learn ?

Art Vanderlay
He came across very well indeed. Refused to answer a question about Hearts debt reduction due to transfers out (quite rightly I guess - not his area) and is very pleased with the number of chances being made.

He said that in most top leagues, teams are very often confined to 2 or 3 chances a game. He says we are making 6 or 7 chances and he is as frustrated as we are that few of them are taken

ps - I wasn't the sniffer :)

Don't you worry, I'm taking notes on all the folk who reply on this thread. It's all going into the dossier...

As usual Csaba came across really well. It seems he can charm in multiple languages as he also spoke about how much media demand there was for him in Hungary.

I was a wee bit worried by what he said about Tullberg, it seems that he has gone home to Denmark to get physically fit but also psychologically right (maybe I picked this up wrong with his accent).

Both him and Darren Murray spoke about not only getting good players but also good people. This seemed to be a reference to Riordan. Also spoke about not wanting nejative (sic) influences at the club. He sidestepped a question about Beslija right at the end.

His training will not be found in any manuals, he works on drills 100+ times that was why he was so pleased with Zals goal as it was straight off the training pitch. Eggert will be worth ?3m+ in a few years at RB.

David Obua has not played worth sheeit so far but he definitely knows a player when he sees them and he will come good.

I got the impression he thinks Tullberg's thigh problem is at least partly in his head. He talked about him going to in Denmark to see a doctor he knows and trusts for reassurance. (sniff)

Nade's making great progress (I think Csaba is putting a LOT of faith in Nade and I think he's right to, very talented player), we've got Mole, Glen, Ksana (behind striker), and Makela. With Tullberg coming back (don't think we can blame the management for his injury being worse than first suspected). I can't actually think who the seventh was he mentioned... but you get the point.

If that's meant to appease me then it ain't worked. Absolute dross.

even Makela if we are desperate)

Makela who was described tonight by Csaba as "a nice guy but..." followed by a shake of the head.

Much the same as Frail said last year.

Tullberg has gone home to Denmark for a weeks treatment then back for more treatment. Csaba seemed keen on Tullberg but concerned about the injury.

Just back from the meeting. Csaba said Tullburg is away to Denmark for 1 week to see a doctor he knows over there to help his recovery he will then return and they hope he is in a position to be playing in 2 weeks. He also said this is Tullburg's first ever injury so he isnt an injury prone player.

With regards to the meeting I have to say Csaba was superb and he is very much an individual who is charismatic and will speak his mind.

Basically he said our football was crap last year, justified his team selection in great detail, basically said Juho is sheeite.

When asked about Ratboy the chap who stood up said that Ratboy has great skill but of the field he is lacking and then asked why we didnt sign him Csaba simply replied ' you have answered that question' ie Riordan's off the field antics meant the deal would never happen.

He likes using the word s h i t!!

His only weakness is modesty!!! He is very confident in himself and he has a will to win.

I personally thought that he IS the one that has the final say as he always used words like I, my etc I really do think he picks the team and has final say end off.

Finally this guy is superb, refreshing, honest, very funny, passionnate and very knowlegable about football and will justify his decisions to anyone.

After tonight I feel very positive about the future under Csaba and long may it continue

Son Of Anarchy
Very positive compared to the last meeting where Frail was the main man !

Came over very well the main points I remember.

He is pleased with the chances we make, but frustrated we dont score more ( he mentioned Nade is working his ass of)

He explained the whole Karapidis/Ruben debate, which was covered in an earlier thread, he did however mention he rated Ruben (he played 4 games in Germany) but reckons Karapidis is better at whats currently needed.

Worried most about left back position especially if wallace gets injured.

Obua has not played so well yet ("sheet") but he is a very good player

He has 5 Africans he knows would be starrs in the SPL but there is no danger they would get a work permit

When asked what coaches he admires he said he likes to study alot of coaches but the one he admires most is himself.

Tulleberg injury is a muscle pull he has had to go back to Denmark, he also mentioned his psychology but I think it was lost in translation.

He is looking at young players for the next transfer window.

Thinks Riordin is a good goal scorer but would not have been right for Hearts or their supporters.

Has never been anywhere so obsessed with football.

Berra is growing into the captains roll

Edgert will be best right back in the league in a couple of years time.

Michael Stewart is far happier now as he is not spending the game watching the ball fly over his head from defence to attack.

Both Moles goal & Zali goals were worked at on the training ground, he said it made him very happy as it showed the players he knows what he is talking about.

Darren Murray said that Csaba is not bothered about the under 19 scores, he wants them to be playing good passing football and he wants to know when individuals are ready to step up.

Csaba very happywith goal keeping situation now, mentioning it was not good to have many goalis (7 at 1 stage) and no coach.

Csaba wilol get rid of players who are not good enough (i think he meant transfer them not kill them).

He was offered (i think) the job 4 years ago but the time was not right.

Lots more but think thats the main points I think.

Very positive, no silly promises he just wants us top 6 hopefully UEFA this year and to then build on it next year.

Cheers

Saved me typing all that. I was very very impressed with csaba (especially when outside he said he loved my bike:)). The man is a legend in the making. Funniest part was when he said.when talking about the strikers "Uho,is an,erm,erm,nice guy",lol. Not a word about his football there and was fairly obvious he will be leaving come january.I was in stitches there.

The guy knows his stuff alright and it was a pleasure to listen and talk to him. What a change it makes to have HONESTY at tynie once more. I also ,loved it when talking about our culture etc when he said HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN is a religion not just a club,the fans always go the game,then meet in the pub,then fight hibs fans. CLASSIC, CSABA IS A LEGEND ALREADY.

He got the injury around 6 weeks ago didnt he?

injured on the 25th july so yes about 6 weeks. so i think (without knowing how bad the torn muscle is) he'd be doing well to be ready for the falkirk game. then you have a player with no pre season. i hope next week when back from denmark he'd be ready to up his training.

I still think we have more than enough up front to do us just now. We have Nade, Mole and Glen who can play the centre forward role in the current formation (even Makela if we are desperate), Kingston, Obua and Ksanavicius who can play in the hole. Templeton, Ryan Wallace etc coming through as well.

No point in signing a player for the sake of it, if the quality is no better than what we have.

Absolutley. Well said!

Why don't we get them to Lithuania -- see how good they are and if they start to play for their national teams then they can come over.

Perhaps citizenship might be easier over there -- plenty of other countries seem to have few problems with nationality changes e.g Poland, Croatia etc.

Once Lithuanian then they can all come here.

LarrysRightFoot

I think a fit and 'mentally attuned' Nade could be a great player for us. I dont think many SPL defences could handle his strenght, pace and skill. Surley he could play as a central stiker/target man instead of Tullberg?

Worried most about left back position especially if wallace gets injured

Does anyone else think Ruben could play left back? He is in the process of converting Eggert into a right back and I personally think Ruben , while he may not get up and down the line, could possibly play there. But Csaba will know better than me.

Brilliant! :laugh:

Art Vanderlay
If that's meant to appease me then it ain't worked. Absolute dross.

Hairy muff.

It's dodgy at the moment - this is borne out by the fact that Ksanavicus is getting a game - but at the time we signed Tullberg, it was thought he would be fit far sooner.

If - and I know it's an if - Nade, Tullberg and Glen were all fit, we would be in pretty good shape. With Mole challenging for a place. And a couple emergency backups... doesn't seem that unreasonable, although personally I would have liked to see us getting another striker.

It's interesting to note the posters who've zeroed in on what they perceive as negatives while ignoring the rest.

:)

I notice you have zeroed in on posters rather than anything that was said at the meeting.

Why don't you start discussing the "rest" whatever the **** that is.

Art Vanderlay

Does anyone else think Ruben could play left back? He is in the process of converting Eggert into a right back and I personally think Ruben , while he may not get up and down the line, could possibly play there. But Csaba will know better than me.

I've commented before - he played left back last season.

Quite impressive given that he was playing centre mid at the time.

That's how much he had to cover for Goncalves.

I've commented before - he played left back last season.

Quite impressive given that he was playing centre mid at the time.

That's how much he had to cover for Goncalves.

I think it proves we have a couple of adaptable players in the team.(Jonsson, Ruben).

It also proves we have a manager who can see things in players others can`t. Jonsson definately has the tackling ability to play RB and he is a good passer. Probably the biggest part will be nurturing his positional sense inthat area.

Great to hear the reports on Csaba, further enforcing early impressions that this guy knows his stuff as well as being a character. It's excellent to know that we have a man who is passionate about football and who eats, sleeps and breathes the game. His apparent honesty and candour are very refreshing given all the puppets and charlatans we have had to endure recently.

I only hope that in time he is given some financial backing to help him rebuild and improve our side as it would be exciting to see what he could do with some quality editions especially in the striker department.

portobellojambo1
I got the impression he thinks Tullberg's thigh problem is at least partly in his head. He talked about him going to in Denmark to see a doctor he knows and trusts for reassurance. (sniff)

How big are his feckin thighs, and where are his legs growing out of.

That being the case we must have set some sort of record for signing players with 'issues'.

Son Of Anarchy
I think it proves we have a couple of adaptable players in the team.(Jonsson, Ruben).

It also proves we have a manager who can see things in players others can`t. Jonsson definately has the tackling ability to play RB and he is a good passer. Probably the biggest part will be nurturing his positional sense inthat area.

Csaba said that tonight. Jonsson has great vision and see's passes other players dont so will be a fantastic RB soon. Its great to have a manager who actually knows football and see's it differently.Csaba has been working hard on helping Jonsson and has also went right through all the different age teams from kids to first team with new training methods etc. This is what i want to see at tynie.He seemed to think that in 2 years we shall see a marked difference,I say we already are.

I notice you have zeroed in on posters rather than anything that was said at the meeting.

Why don't you start discussing the "rest" whatever the **** that is.

tssssssssssss

ouch, you hot mutha ******a

as an aside Csaba is positive, I am positive about Csaba.

the main point to arise from the session appears to be that our main striking hope is out for longer than we thought

Why arent we allowed to discuss the ins and outs of that Peanut??

I like the way he is talking up Jonsson. Did people present get the impression we have seen the last of Neilson ? :pray:

I like the way he is talking up Jonsson. Did people present get the impression we have seen the last of Neilson ? :pray:

I hope so.

If Eggert can prove he is a better option while Neilson is out injured then I really hope so.

He did say those who have been at Hearts for a few years and had contributed nothing would be moved on - whether that means Neilson I don't know.

tssssssssssss

ouch, you hot mutha ******a

as an aside Csaba is positive, I am positive about Csaba.

the main point to arise from the session appears to be that our main striking hope is out for longer than we thought

Why arent we allowed to discuss the ins and outs of that Peanut??

I think it's sad that people chose to focus on that and not discuss the other subjects until probed.

A little positive news never hurt anyone. Apart from Hitler, probably.

I'm pleased his training seems to be effective, that he wants to mould Eggert and that he believes our forward line is strong enough as it is. People may have complained we didn't sign a striker (I did) but I think it's right that he gets to decide whether or not it is, and that he should fall on his own sword if he proves to be wrong.

I think it's sad that people chose to focus on that and not discuss the other subjects until probed.

A little positive news never hurt anyone. Apart from Hitler, probably.

I'm pleased his training seems to be effective, that he wants to mould Eggert and that he believes our forward line is strong enough as it is. People may have complained we didn't sign a striker (I did) but I think it's right that he gets to decide whether or not it is, and that he should fall on his own sword if he proves to be wrong.

you're absolutely right

I could also have said its pointless Csaba knowing 5 excellent Africans if we'll never get them, but I didnt - its not hugely relevant.

Our current striking situation is entirely relevant to the present.

Eggert is a positive, Csaba's positivity and knowledge and enthusiasm is all positive - but I've commented on these positives previously

Tullberg situ is new

I wouldnt want to be accused of just repeating things ad nauseum :eek:

Archived