Rearend / Hobos (merged threads)

diehardjambo

Is Riordan the ugliest Ever Scottish Player  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Is Riordan the ugliest Ever Scottish Player

• YES
    • NO

On the other hand how much of a disruptive influence would he be in the dressing room? how would you react if he missed a pen v Hibs? There was too much wrong with having him sign - sometimes as good as a player is (and he's not THAT good!) its just not worth the hassle that comes with him.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On the other hand how much of a disruptive influence would he be in the dressing room? how would you react if he missed a pen v Hibs? There was too much wrong with having him sign - sometimes as good as a player is (and he's not THAT good!) its just not worth the hassle that comes with him.

Tbh, 60 odd goals in 3 seasons is pretty good, not saying he will be as good as he was.

alwaysthereinspirit

Does that now officially open the door to a new wage structure at #ibs or have they just opened a can of worms.

Dont really care was just curious.

Does that now officially open the door to a new wage structure at #ibs or have they just opened a can of worms.

Oxymoron. :P

chester copperpot
Oxymoron. :P

Massive sign on fee, allegedly (to alleviate the annual wage).

There was a lot more than the wages to discuss today.

alwaysthereinspirit
Massive sign on fee, allegedly (to alleviate the annual wage).

There was a lot more than the wages to discuss today.

like how to get him past Edinburgh doormen.

I never want that ****my litte #### anywhere near Tynecastle, even if its just passing through Gorgie on a No3 bus.

Mind you, having read some of the posts on here over the past week or so, I've no idea how we'll cope without his guaranteed 20 goals a year :rolleyes:

No doubt he used us to get better wages (if thats possible) at needle sharing central

Am I the only person who supports HMFC who is so happy that ratboy never signed.

No. I had said on many occasions on here that:

1. (Thankfully) He'd never join us.

2. The vast majority of Hearts fans would never have accepted him. He is absolutely despised, and rightly so.

Well done to Mr Romanov for not going after him. :)

I happen to think he'll prove a bad signing for hibs as he's bad news even for them.

I would not want him wearing the famous Maroon. it would cheapen the strip.

Drylaw Hearts
No. I had said on many occasions on here that:

1. (Thankfully) He'd never join us.

2. The vast majority of Hearts fans would never have accepted him. He is absolutely despised, and rightly so.

Well done to Mr Romanov for not going after him. :)

I thought he did go for him ?

:)

I would have taken him but was concerned with the baggage.

Interestingly enough it was pointed out that when he played for Hubz they had players like O`conner, Thomson,Brown,Whitaker, Caldwell etc.

They dont have that now in fact nowwhere near so only time will tell. Not overly bothered we didnt get him especially in the light of some of the stories repoted here about him but more concerned about why nobody else came in cos Csaba has stated almost from day one about lack of fire power.

IMO the following is true

Clum... not good enough and out on loan

Mole... not good enough and should be on loan

Makela not good enough full stop

Nade ... never looks fit and debatable if ever will last 90 mins

Tullberg... totally unknown quantity and still not fit. Believed not to be natural goalscorer.

Glen...Too soon and I think his lack of stature may count against him

based on all of this I am concerned even more about the lack of action on the transfer front. Obua may come good but not looked fit so far, Kello looks the part and not seen the other keeper, Tullberg or the Polish midfielder from Kaunas.

Still prepared to keep faith with Csaba but quite disappointed this morning

We_are_the_Hearts

I always voted No and think that some Hearts fans need to look at themself when saying they would accept the wee turd. This is someone who got caught on a phone singing about Rudi Skacel, gestures at the Hearts support on the few occasions he has scored against us and has also not been shy in voicing his complete hate for Hearts. How some folk could turn a blind eye to that? Now maybe if it was Messi or Ronaldo but we are talking about an average player like Ratboy. A failure at Celtic who has missed a lot of footy and who lacks the strength and pace to play at any higher level than the SPL. I am delighted we never signed him and whoever thought he might sign here needs their head looked at:107years:

Agreed, it would never have worked, he hates us, we hate him, lets just keep it that way.

Somethings just don't go together.....

Gravy and ice cream

The Diggers and Cosmospolitans

John Leslie and respect for women

Weegies and jobs

David Murray and ladders

Derek Riordan and Hearts

i can see this opening a can of worms for the hibbee's

Players who were told when renewing contracts that they couldnt go above wage structure limit are bound to feel aggreived by this and so are future players looking to renew their contracts

i can see this opening a can of worms for the hibbee's

Players who were told when renewing contracts that they couldnt go above wage structure limit are bound to feel aggreived by this and so are future players looking to renew their contracts

Have the players you are talking about deserving of a pay rise?

That's what I suggested in another thread last night.

Was VR using the Riordan situation to exploit weaknesses in H*bs wage set-up or did he genuinely want Deeks? Even if it had looked as though we were winning the race VR could have called off at the last minute to say DR's willingness did not match ours. That would have left Celtic in the myre as well.

Probably I'm totally wrong as upright businessmen like Vlad wouldn't behave in that way.

marshallschunkychicken
Have the players you are talking about deserving of a pay rise?

Derek Riordan has never won Hibs a cup.

Dagger Is Back

Was VR using the Riordan situation to exploit weaknesses in H*bs wage set-up or did he genuinely want Deeks? Even if it had looked as though we were winning the race VR could have called off at the last minute to say DR's willingness did not match ours. That would have left Celtic in the myre as well.

Probably I'm totally wrong as upright businessmen like Vlad wouldn't behave in that way.

VR wanted DR but only without coughing up up front.

judetheobscure

Oh he wanted him alright.

Broxburn Jambo
I would have taken him but was concerned with the baggage.

Interestingly enough it was pointed out that when he played for Hubz they had players like O`conner, Thomson,Brown,Whitaker, Caldwell etc.

They dont have that now in fact nowwhere near so only time will tell. Not overly bothered we didnt get him especially in the light of some of the stories repoted here about him but more concerned about why nobody else came in cos Csaba has stated almost from day one about lack of fire power.

IMO the following is true

Clum... not good enough and out on loan

Mole... not good enough and should be on loan

Makela not good enough full stop

Nade ... never looks fit and debatable if ever will last 90 mins

Tullberg... totally unknown quantity and still not fit. Believed not to be natural goalscorer.

Glen...Too soon and I think his lack of stature may count against him

based on all of this I am concerned even more about the lack of action on the transfer front. Obua may come good but not looked fit so far, Kello looks the part and not seen the other keeper, Tullberg or the Polish midfielder from Kaunas.

Still prepared to keep faith with Csaba but quite disappointed this morning

Riordan .... Not good enough to be amember of the Human Race

would you say ?400000 paying for a player that you sold for?200000 and has not really played for 2 years is a good signing or a bit of a panic signing

i dont believe they paid that for him

source evening news prob just a number picked out the air

Oh he wanted him alright.

where does all the reports that Vlad liked Rearend come from? I have heard it lots but only that it is suggested and not a direct quote/source

Me thinks Hibs will not be able to sign another player for at least a decade after their extravegance this window.

It was said elsewhere that they had to pay him a lump sum to make up for the drop in wages. Perhaps taken with whatever they paid Celtic it came to ?400k ?

the price the got for him was a bargain as he will still score plenty of goals for them.

His wages may be another story.....

would you say ?400000 paying for a player that you sold for?200000 and has not really played for 2 years is a good signing or a bit of a panic signing

i dont believe they paid that for him

source evening news prob just a number picked out the air

A good signing for the **** ........ but one made of haste by Fatso and Tightwad to quell the junky uprising

PresidentRomanov
?400,000 !!!!

It's no wonder we pulled out.

We don't have that kind of money spend.

We pulled out because he didn't want to sign for Hearts.

Stop trying to put a negative spin on everything.

It's really tiresome.

Hibs have made a loss on Riordan. Say a couple of years ago the lad was on ?2,000 a week (guessing?). They get rid of him for ?170,000 (so I've read?), then they get him back for more than double that and probably on double wages...panic buy?

Hibs have made a loss on Riordan. Say a couple of years ago the lad was on ?2,000 a week (guessing?). They get rid of him for ?170,000 (so I've read?), then they get him back for more than double that and probably on double wages...panic buy?

May I add...?75,000 for Bamba?? :rofl:

Drylaw Hearts

It's really tiresome.

We pulled out because we didn't want to pay a fee.

Drylaw Hearts

If we had signed him would it have been a panic buy ?

Originally Posted by PickyBum

It's really tiresome.

Yeah right, you know exactly why we supposedly pulled out. No amount of pretending otherwise will make this any less embarrasing. Fair enough it was along shot that ratboy would ever sign for us but to not even be at the races in terms of competing with the hobos for a bargain buy like this beggars belief.

What does it matter whether they spent 400k or what clauses are in his contract, Vlad thought we could engage in game of one upmanship with them and came out looking like a clown, again.

PresidentRomanov
We pulled out because we didn't want to pay a fee.

No we didn't :)

Anyway, make your mind up, I just read a post from you half an hour ago, saying you wanted the debt down.

If we had signed him would it have been a panic buy ?

If you're asking for my opinion. Yes I think it would've

:rolleyes:

Drylaw Hearts
No we didn't :)

Anyway, make your mind up, I just read a post from you half an hour ago, saying you wanted the debt down.

According to BBC.....

We only wanted to take on the remainder of his contract at the same terms.

And they are more reliable than your 'sources'. :)

As for your 2nd point.....

I do want the debt down. But there has to be some sort of investment as we want to finish as high up the SPL as possible which will give us more prize money and keep the crowds at a decent level.

Another bottom 6 finish and we'll have less ST holders than Hibs next Season.

Meaning even less ticket revenue.

Spend a little and gain a lot.

Why ?

Financially it would be pushing the budget a bit. Hearts are in saving mode at the moment (annoying as it is). However we have saved a heck of a lot of money through wages with the likes of Tall, Pinilla, McCann etc etc away.

I'd be interested to see how our finances are looking at the moment.

Also as Csaba keeps crowing on about him... Mr Tullberg is apparently a decent player. Need we look any further?

Yeah right, you know exactly why we supposedly pulled out. No amount of pretending otherwise will make this any less embarrasing. Fair enough it was along shot that ratboy would ever sign for us but to not even be at the races in terms of competing with the hobos for a bargain buy like this beggars belief.

What does it matter whether they spent 400k or what clauses are in his contract, Vlad thought we could engage in game of one upmanship with them and came out looking like a clown, again.

Hmm.

PresidentRomanov
According to BBC.....

We only wanted to take on the remainder of his contract at the same terms.

And they are more reliable than your 'sources'. :)

As for your 2nd point.....

I do want the debt down. But there has to be some sort of investment as we want to finish as high up the SPL as possible which will give us more prize money and keep the crowds at a decent level.

Another bottom 6 finish and we'll have less ST holders than Hibs next Season.

Meaning even less ticket revenue.

Spend a little and gain a lot.

You mean you've picked the report that suit's your argument, and you're just a typical football fan, who want's to have his cake and eat it.

I read several reports last night, that said the will to make it happen, wasn't reciprocal on both sides - nothing to do with money.

And I'll bet you anything you like, that Hearts don't finish in the bottom six this season.

Drylaw Hearts
Financially it would be pushing the budget a bit. Hearts are in saving mode at the moment (annoying as it is). However we have saved a heck of a lot of money through wages with the likes of Tall, Pinilla, McCann etc etc away.

I'd be interested to see how our finances are looking at the moment.

The above doesn't explain why it would be a panic buy though.

Also as Csaba keeps crowing on about him... Mr Tullberg is apparently a decent player. Need we look any further?

From what I've read/heard etc I don't think Tullberg is an out and out goalscorer.

Archived