Awwfy Awffy Pwoud.

chester copperpot

chester copperpot

My wee lad has been picked for a trial for an SPL outfit in goals.

He's been a standout for the Campsie Blackwatch under 6's since moving through to Glasgow, has been offered a trial for the U-8's of an SPL team.

He's been very unwell with his asthma of late, so this has cheered him up no end.

Good luck wee man. Am chuffed to bits.

Well done to your boy. I bet it's Sellick.

That's what I was thinking. I don't know if I can say well done - but seeing as I don't know it's them yet - Well done Mini CC !!

Until it is confirmed he has been officially 'timmed'. :eek:

Then he can get tae **** the wee filthy Irish loving glory hunting wiedgie ****...

Just kidding. :)

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Who is it CC?

Just bear in mind that pro clubs have a knack of putting a kid off football for life by the way they drop young promising kids.

The most vital thing is he is enjoying his fitbaw for years to come.

Doctor FinnBarr

He's been a standout for the Campsie Blackwatch under 6's since moving through to Glasgow, has been offered a trial for the U-8's of an SPL team.

He's been very unwell with his asthma of late, so this has cheered him up no end.

Well done to him.

:bravo:

chester copperpot

The people on this thread are right. Had a real hard time admitting it would be good for him, but at the end of the day, its going to be quality coaching for him from a top class team.

I may even have to stop singing the 'Song' at Parkhead now. Its going to be hard if he's successful, but he's so far ahead of the boys in his age group I cant see it not happening.

Its a guys worst nightmare, but I'm confident that he would not have been found at this age over in Edinburgh. Please no jokes tonight about that comment as am pretty proud of him.

Dosnt matter who he trains with. As long as he signs for the right team when the time comes.

You should be proud of him...

Good on you Andy. Live your dreams through your children. I hope the wee man plays for Scotland one day. If he is needing an agent you know where I am!

The people on this thread are right. Had a real hard time admitting it would be good for him, but at the end of the day, its going to be quality coaching for him from a top class team.

I may even have to stop singing the 'Song' at Parkhead now. Its going to be hard if he's successful, but he's so far ahead of the boys in his age group I cant see it not happening.

Its a guys worst nightmare, but I'm confident that he would not have been found at this age over in Edinburgh. Please no jokes tonight about that comment as am pretty proud of him.

Congratulations to the wee man Andy. Just remind him of John Colqhuoun he managed to escape to a proper club. I know how you feel as my nephew had a trial at Fester Road but had a lucky escape.

Indeed. Get him training at their admittedly very good looking facilities. Next big thing at age of 18. Defect to the Jambos. Sorted :)

In all honesty as long as he enjoys it is all that matters.

Phone Hearts the now.

Seeing your kid in a Celtic top is surely one of the most disgusting things known to man.

Marmeladent?rtchen

Well done to you chester for taking your kid to his football games, watching and no doubt helping him out. He would of not done it a loan!!

Well done to you and the wee man.

The Old Tolbooth

Mate, tell Cammy Uncle Jock is proud of him mate

(as long as he throws a couple in the back of the net if he ever plays against us) :P

chester copperpot
Phone Hearts the now.

Seeing your kid in a Celtic top is surely one of the most disgusting things known to man.

I'm dreading it TBH, but the first sign of quality when he's 13/14, we're moving back through to the Capital.

chester copperpot
bravo mate

Frightening mate, I had nursed him to play GK from a very young age. (Well 2 years ago ;)

chester copperpot
Don't need to wait that long CC there's a pick up point for hearts u-11s and upwards at East Kilbride ;)

As his father and inevitably his manager, I'd gladly shaft those feckers for the goodness of Hearts.

Would make a nice role reversal.

chester copperpot

Just told by the missus to get a bit of a life, as he's only 6 (7 end of the month).

How many kids get to 18/19 and then punted.

Still, its a good start.

Congrats to the wee man and yourself Andy. (Is he actually that wee, or is he going to be a big muckle fecker like his father)?

Well done to you and your son.

You both have every reason to be proud. It's a fine achievement.

As you have already said the amount of lads who won't see there playing days past 16 is huge. Hopefully they will brainwash him until he gets to that age so he sees nothing else but a life in football and he will make it.

I P Knightley
Who is it CC?

Just bear in mind that pro clubs have a knack of putting a kid off football for life by the way they drop young promising kids.

The most vital thing is he is enjoying his fitbaw for years to come.

That type of thing happens to many but those kids with level-headed, considerate, non-impulsive and sober-judged parents never have problems.

Good for him to be spotted so young - make sure he goes to training with his Hearts sock and shorts on. HMFC rucksack for his kit and given him a Hearts crest tattoo for good measure. Middle of his forehead will let everyone know.

chester copperpot
Brilliant news bro! Hospitality at all the Hearts games mind!!!!

Oops forgot to let you know.

TBH, wanted to make sure the transfer went through before the end of the transfer window. :P

He's done brill since moving through, the news has made him have a swagger tonight.

Hate the Cellick with a passion, but will support my son 100% and then get him to move through to a big team in Edinburgh once I've made sure I've used all Cellick's resources to make him as good as he can be. ;)

chester copperpot
Just wait for a phonecall from the club asking you if you have any Irish grandparents.

Well done to the lad though.

His grandparents are Scottish (From my side) and a bit of Irish from her side (Northern Irish).

Think I'll get the boy to play for Scotland though, no doubt. His hero is Craig Gordon, so no contest.

Walter Payton
That type of thing happens to many but those kids with level-headed, considerate, non-impulsive and sober-judged parents never have problems.

Good for him to be spotted so young - make sure he goes to training with his Hearts sock and shorts on. HMFC rucksack for his kit and given him a Hearts crest tattoo for good measure. Middle of his forehead will let everyone know.

Maybe Andy can get somebody else to help with this bit.

Seriously though, good luck and well done to the wee man.

Miller Jambo 60
His grandparents are Scottish (From my side) and a bit of Irish from her side (Northern Irish).

Think I'll get the boy to play for Scotland though, no doubt. His hero is Craig Gordon, so no contest.

Well done Andy,bet your chuffed .

He is still wee but must have talent,without a doubt.

The next Craig Gordon.:)

loveofthegame

My wee cousin was also being courted by the filth. He's slightly older (9) but is a different gravy compared to most of the boys his age. I was furious that Hibs, Celtic and Rangers were all watching him but Hearts weren't (die hard Jambo family and live in Edinburgh).

I made my feelings known on here, received a PM and after a little bit of communication on here Hearts were watching him a couple of weeks later.

He trained for a year and has just signed on for the next 2years. He even scored at Tynie, he was one of the wee lads playing at half time of the Airdrie game.

Like you CC, i am incredibly proud(you can tell by how often i mention it on here). The fact its Celtic should not be seen as an issue at the mo, esp as you live in the West. My cousin trained with them last year and the facilities and level of coaching were both top class (so much so that he had a tough decision picking Hearts). At his age its 1) just great hes been picked up at all and 2) of most importance that hes getting a good level of coaching and is enjoying himself.

Theres a long time for him to defect to us if he does turn out to be the next CG!!

Guest S.U.S.S.

Pleased for you and the wee man mate, now get him a Hearts tattoo!

As you say long road ahead but with you in charge im sure he will end up at the one true home of football should the chance arise.

All the best.

Aye very good.

Good news mate, my laddie is ten and played in goals since same age as your boy, its now he is starting to get bored in goals. Im sure that happens with a lot of laddies who if they had stayed goalie they may have had a chance. I try not to put pressure on but he thinks he should be in the hearts first team no patience ! Great for your boy to say he trained with them no matter what happens

chester copperpot
congrats to copperpot jr!

any truth in the rumour that he'll be starting celtic's next game after Boruc's OF disaster?

Just no mention of the holie goalie aimed at my boy. His staunch Protestant Rangers supporting grandfather is still getting used to the fact he may be playing for 'Ra Cellick' soon.

Just no mention of the holie goalie aimed at my boy. His staunch Protestant Rangers supporting grandfather is still getting used to the fact he may be playing for 'Ra Cellick' soon.

tell him to refuse to turn out until they bring out an orange goalie top :)

At least being a goalie he'll never have to wear "the hoops"

That's a fair point, I could just about turn a blind eye to a plain goalie strip.

:P

chester copperpot
tell him to refuse to turn out until they bring out an orange goalie top :)

If its any consolation to the one's with principals on this thread, he will be wearing his Hearts goalie top to his first training session.

How will this affect your self imposed boycott of Parkheid should he ever get to play there?

Or will you not be bothered as you munch yer prawn sandwiches as we are getting ejected from the away end for calling the Celtic goalie names? :P

The above is a wee joke, well done to your son, he shouldn't worry who he plays for at his age as long as he enjoys his football.

chester copperpot
How will this affect your self imposed boycott of Parkheid should he ever get to play there?

Or will you not be bothered as you munch yer prawn sandwiches as we are getting ejected from the away end for calling the Celtic goalie names? :P

The above is a wee joke, well done to your son, he shouldn't worry who he plays for at his age as long as he enjoys his football.

Haha, cheers. Am going back this season. If I stay away, those **** stewards have won.

Not having any of that.

Just a wee update.

Wee man played a blinder tonight in his trial, and is officially playing for 'Cellick' boys club this Saturday at 10am.

Am the happiest man in the world tonight.

Thanks for all the support guys.

For the record, his team won 9-2 in the trial tonight, with them coming back from 2-1 down to win. :eek:

chester copperpot
Just a wee update.

Wee man played a blinder tonight in his trial, and is officially playing for 'Cellick' boys club this Saturday at 10am.

Am the happiest man in the world tonight.

Thanks for all the support guys.

For the record, his team won 9-2 in the trial tonight, with them coming back from 2-1 down to win. :eek:

Whoops, am at my mates tonight, and logged in under him instead of myself, the above post was me.

Malcolm Tucker
Whoops, am at my mates tonight, and logged in under him instead of myself, the above post was me.

Congrats to yourself and the wee man CC!

Hopefully the start of something great!

chester copperpot
Congrats to yourself and the wee man CC!

Hopefully the start of something great!

I'm over the moon mate, really really over the moon, however I want him to receive all the coaching in the world and then leave to join us.

First stop Maryhill this weekend with a game against Kilmarnock.

Hopefully I receive a few free tickets to go watch the Cellick every now and then, so I can burn them and stop a couple of those mhanks getting a seat at some of the games.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Well done to my nephew. Great he has been spotted no matter the team! He will hopefully go all the way and no matter which team he plays for we will always support him! He will always be a jambo no matter what colours he is in!

I'm over the moon mate, really really over the moon, however I want him to receive all the coaching in the world and then leave to join us.

First stop Maryhill this weekend with a game against Kilmarnock.

Hopefully I receive a few free tickets to go watch the Cellick every now and then, so I can burn them and stop a couple of those mhanks getting a seat at some of the games.

Unless hospitallity heard its great at paradise:eek::eek::eek:

Archived