Awwfy Awffy Pwoud.

chester copperpot

Doctor FinnBarr
Unless hospitallity heard its great at paradise:eek::eek::eek:

Would he lower himself for the price of a cider?

I prob would!

:)

I P Knightley

Hopefully I receive a few free tickets to go watch the Cellick every now and then, so I can burn them and stop a couple of those mhanks getting a seat at some of the games.

OR go along. Being in the Celtic end, you could run out, slap a goalie and get them some points deducted.

edit: bad plan - that would require the SFA to take action against an old firm club for the actions of one of its supporters.

The Old Tolbooth
Just a wee update.

Wee man played a blinder tonight in his trial, and is officially playing for 'Cellick' boys club this Saturday at 10am.

Am the happiest man in the world tonight.

Thanks for all the support guys.

For the record, his team won 9-2 in the trial tonight, with them coming back from 2-1 down to win. :eek:

Superb mate, sorry I didn't reply to your text bud but I was working late tonight and didn't get home until after 10, I just remembered you text me when I read this thread lol!

Go on the mini Andy!!! :)

Congratulations to you all Andy. I completely hate ra sellik but your laddie has an amazing opportunity and I wish him all the very best in trying to achieve it.

Except if he ever plays against Hearts, that is. I'm sure a couple of 'butterfingers' moments like Boruc on Sunday against us would do the trick. :)

Well done Mini Copperpot! That's great news Andy. Doesn't matter who he plays for as long as he's getting the training and care that young players need. He's still a Jambo and we all know that the best keepers end up with us in the end anyway ;)

Breakin' Rocks
I'm over the moon mate, really really over the moon, however I want him to receive all the coaching in the world and then leave to join us.

First stop Maryhill this weekend with a game against Kilmarnock.

Hopefully I receive a few free tickets to go watch the Cellick every now and then, so I can burn them and stop a couple of those mhanks getting a seat at some of the games.

May be worth you contacting either ac oxgangs and/or pentland panthers who will give you an idea of the mentality of the parents, coaches and kids at Celtic Boys Club.

Both these teams played Celtic at under 11s in the Silloth Tournament in May of this year.

I think you would be quite concerned at what went on and what the future may hold for your boy if he is successful at staying at this club throughout his formative years.

May be worth you contacting either ac oxgangs and/or pentland panthers who will give you an idea of the mentality of the parents, coaches and kids at Celtic Boys Club.

Both these teams played Celtic at under 11s in the Silloth Tournament in May of this year.

I think you would be quite concerned at what went on and what the future may hold for your boy if he is successful at staying at this club throughout his formative years.

No offence, but that's the sort of comment which is only designed to cause concern. If there really is something for him to worry about, I'd suggest it might be more helpful if you were to contact him directly and tell him exactly what you mean rather than alluding to things on a message board.

:D

ToadKiller Dog
If its any consolation to the one's with principals on this thread, he will be wearing his Hearts goalie top to his first training session.

Glad of that ,make sure when its there turn to get the team photo in the local paper he has the hearts colours on .nothing worse when you see east coast papers with kids teams full of old firm tops.

Good luck to your lad ,my nephew is with Dundee utd just now anything can happen ,but the main thing is that he is having a good time no matter who he plays for.

Breakin' Rocks
No offence, but that's the sort of comment which is only designed to cause concern. If there really is something for him to worry about, I'd suggest it might be more helpful if you were to contact him directly and tell him exactly what you mean rather than alluding to things on a message board.

Point taken, next time I see him at a match I will have a chat with him.

Just saw this thread, great news Andy - you must be pretty happy.

Could be worse, he could have signed for the Huns!!!

Celtic always seem to have decent youth teams so he's probably got a decent chance to develop.

chester copperpot

Just a quick update. They play 3 periods of 20 mins which I didn't know. They won 11-1 and the wee man made a Gordon-esque save from a corner.

A Rangers scout who was at the game approached me at FT to introduce himself. Said he'd be back to see the wee man next week. :)

Talk about a rock and a hard place.

Doctor FinnBarr
Just a quick update. They play 3 periods of 20 mins which I didn't know. They won 11-1 and the wee man made a Gordon-esque save from a corner.

A Rangers scout who was at the game approached me at FT to introduce himself. Said he'd be back to see the wee man next week. :)

Talk about a rock and a hard place.

Gaun yersel Cammy!

Contact Hearts scouts pronto!

:flagwave:

chester copperpot
Gaun yersel Cammy!

Contact Hearts scouts pronto!

:flagwave:

Mate, my heads still spinning with all this. Only this time last week, he was still with Campsie boys after joining a few weeks prior to this.

One of the Cellick players who's in the same team as Cammy and is just a year older was absolutely amazing. Never seen an 8 year old play as well as that.

The wee man was pretty good too. Was almost crying when he clawed the ball over the bar to make the save when it was only 1-0 as well. For a 6 year old (almost 7), it was as good as Gordon's save against Motherwell, if you put it into context.

Does not matter who the team is CC - as long as your kid is enjoying his football and is being taught good habits - good luck to him.

Doctor FinnBarr
Mate, my heads still spinning with all this. Only this time last week, he was still with Campsie boys after joining a few weeks prior to this.

One of the Cellick players who's in the same team as Cammy and is just a year older was absolutely amazing. Never seen an 8 year old play as well as that.

The wee man was pretty good too. Was almost crying when he clawed the ball over the bar to make the save when it was only 1-0 as well. For a 6 year old (almost 7), it was as good as Gordon's save against Motherwell, if you put it into context.

I think 6 and 3 quarters is the phrase used!

Have a drink to celebrate, you know you want to, I will raise a glass to a future Hearts and Scotland goalie later!

:food-smiley-004:

chester copperpot
Does not matter who the team is CC - as long as your kid is enjoying his football and is being taught good habits - good luck to him.

Mate, its like a different world having proper coaches coach him. No disrespect to the Campsie men, but the guys at Cellick have them so tuned in. I've never seen the lad concentrate like that in my life. They are getting given food sheets on the good and bad things to eat too, fecking awesome as he's really taking it all in as well.

Am waiting for the father in law to come in to tell him about the Rangers scout. Can just imagine his response, which wont be able to be printed here.

I'll be honest, doubt I'd move him now. Quite happy with where he is and who's coaching him now.

Except if Hearts were to watch him though. :)

Mate, its like a different world having proper coaches coach him. No disrespect to the Campsie men, but the guys at Cellick have them so tuned in. I've never seen the lad concentrate like that in my life. They are getting given food sheets on the good and bad things to eat too, fecking awesome as he's really taking it all in as well.

Am waiting for the father in law to come in to tell him about the Rangers scout. Can just imagine his response, which wont be able to be printed here.

I'll be honest, doubt I'd move him now. Quite happy with where he is and who's coaching him now.

Good luck to the wee man. You are quite right to be proud buddy.

Let Celtic do the work- come 16 he signs for the JT's.

Everyone is a winner.

ps

Tell your boy to grow his hair- get him a headband.

He will be half way there.

:o)

Did you get one as well.:P

But great news for the wee man. As long as he keeps on enjoying it it doesn't really matter who he plays for. Not sure he will understand it all at the moment but if you know you are good and are playing for an SPL team it must be one of the greatest feelings.

And GA - I don't think Andy will appreciate coming on here in 10-12 years reading about his son and your posting "I'm touching myself".:wink:

Whoops, am at my mates tonight, and logged in under him instead of myself, the above post was me.

I read the above as - "I couldn't bear to congratulate a Celtic victory under my own username so stole someone else's instead"

The Old Tolbooth
I read the above as - "I couldn't bear to congratulate a Celtic victory under my own username so stole someone else's instead"

:laugh:

Archived