Riordan OFFICIALLY signs for Hibs

Ryan Gosling

I won't blame Romanov / Hearts for missing out on Riordan but I will blame them if we don't sign another striker as I believe it would be negligent to go into the season with the options we currently have up front which are the weakest in along time..

I understand what you are saying but we are no weaker than last season. In fact, I'd say we are stronger.

We have Tullberg, Nade (hopefully a fit Nade), Mole and Glen. Certainly we are short but I'd rather have four strikers giving their all than guys like Pinilla who clearly didn't care.

We appear to be moving in the right direction and I'm prepared to be patient. Csaba has brought in a striker and said we could use another one and I'm sure he's tried to get someone in.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WorldChampions1902

Great news!

He would have dragged the good name of our club through the gutter. I'll give it a month before he starts making all the wrong headlines once again.

No idea and I suspect neither have you. I was told was that we wanted him on loan until January any offered sellik ?50k with the option to buy him then for a further ?150k. Rhat bhoy obviously was the one with most all of the cards and I suspect this shows more about the hobos absolute desperation to get the fans back on board more than our inability to sign people on the last day of the window.

A lot of that sounds fair. I would add that it seems particularly odd that Hearts pull out of the deal and ten minutes later Riordan has agreed to a three year deal at Hibs.

Are you genuinely broken that he has not been signed by us?

I am not. I think he was a good value, proven striker at our level. I would not have liked him as a person but I would have welcomed his ability. I always felt he was going to Hibs (and posted as such) but I feel that we should now try to get another striker in.

If we fail to get a striker in, and Hibs sack Mixu any time in the next month or two, then I think it will cost us.

Riordan would have been a stupid signing for us. Glad he went to Hibs, I'm a lot more concerned that Romanov has not sanctioned us signing anybody of any note at all since last season.

The rest of the SPL (excluding gruesome twosome) are distinctly average, a couple of reasonable players in and I reckon third would be in the bag. With our current squad I think top six will be about our limit.

Cmon Romanov, show some ambition. You make all the promises and deliver zip.

It's just the usual over-reactions on this site isn't it? I'm getting sick of it. We weren't promised a striker. As far as I can see we haven't had too many promises from Romanov (other than the January statement which he eventually delivered on) since the ridiculous Champions League garbage when he first came in.

Am I alone in thinking we are making slow but steady progess?

Are you sure it was the last day?

I cannot prove it due to the old server being dead, but he was due to sign on deadline day, but turned us down and flew to Le Mans (not 100% sure about the club) leaving us in the lurch.

Excellent signing for Hibs. Missed opportunity to sign a player worth a lot more than a couple hundred grand.

An absolute disgrace.

Vald doesn't give a s**t about Hearts.

He won't spend any money, ?250k pennies to him.

Ratboy would have made our team contenders for the league.

Business as usual utter p**h

its all a papist plot i tells ye:p, who cares who signs for hibs, vermin signs for vermin, the 2nd lucky escape we've had this season, 1st was McGhee

I understand what you are saying but we are no weaker than last season. In fact, I'd say we are stronger.

We have Tullberg, Nade (hopefully a fit Nade), Mole and Glen. Certainly we are short but I'd rather have four strikers giving their all than guys like Pinilla who clearly didn't care.

We appear to be moving in the right direction and I'm prepared to be patient. Csaba has brought in a striker and said we could use another one and I'm sure he's tried to get someone in.

Agree with much of that and have been delighted (other than Airdrie game) with the start of the season. However it is so obvious that a goalscorer could help us achieve something this season that not to bring one in is simply not good enough. Unfortunately it's also totally predictable.

An absolute disgrace.

What part of Ratboy didn't want to come are you having trouble with?

An absolute disgrace.

:eek: I hate Kickback sometimes. I really do.

Seymour M Hersh
That's incredible wages for the vermin. I'm sure their wage budget was ?2k.

If Riordan walks in with his big time attitude he'll not make any friends in the dressing room. Think you'll be spot on with the morale, he could tear it to bits.

Saying all that, him and Fletcher both fit and firing is a very impressive strike force.

I've heard that is the rule of thumb limit. However, there are 2 or 3 on around ?4k-?5k (Fletcher is one I believe) and that it in itself has caused unrest within the dressing room at fester road. If they are paying rhat bhoy the ?8k we agreed to pay him then more unrest is likely I would say. Personally I hope it gets really nasty.

Also there defence and midfield are rank rotten (without even mentioning the goalies) so while he (rhat bhoy) may be a goal threat if he can regain the form of 2 - 3 years ago, I don't think it's worth getting too upset about not signing him. But that's just my opinion.

Are you sure it was the last day?

Yep, I remember we were hoping to get him and Nade in and we found out quite late in the day he'd signed for a French club.

An absolute disgrace.

:laugh:

Is that you peanut?

Agree with much of that and have been delighted (other than Airdrie game) with the start of the season. However it is so obvious that a goalscorer could help us achieve something this season that not to bring one in is simply not good enough. Unfortunately it's also totally predictable.

Yeah and I undestand what you are saying. We do need a goalscorer. I'm not going to get worked up about us not getting one though. I'll give our four strikers a chance and if nothing happens today then hopefully we'll sign someone in January. If it goes as you expect and the four of them don't score too many then I'm certain Csaba will sign someone in January.

At least you seem to be talking sense here. It's the people who start threads about it being a disgrace and broken promises that really irritate me. We have the right to hope for a new striker but we are not the Old Firm. Some people on here just act like spoilt children.

I've heard that is the rule of thumb limit. However, there are 2 or 3 on around ?4k-?5k (Fletcher is one I believe) and that it in itself has caused unrest within the dressing room at fester road. If they are paying rhat bhoy the ?8k we agreed to pay him then more unrest is likely I would say. Personally I hope it gets really nasty.

Also there defence and midfield are rank rotten (without even mentioning the goalies) so while he (rhat bhoy) may be a goal threat if he can regain the form of 2 - 3 years ago, I don't think it's worth getting too upset about not signing him. But that's just my opinion.

He'll be gone in January now. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if Celtic now have first option on him due to the Riordan deal.

He is a proven ned who is banned from every night club in Edinburgh!!!

I am sure he will make a short term impact and then settle back into his old ways!!!!

Thank goodness he has not signed for us, as he would have brought our good name down to the gutter!

He is and will remain forever a trouble maker and that will include the dressing room.

It will take more than DR to make Hibs a good team!!!!

An absolute disgrace.

I don't often do this but I cant resist

:hobofish:

Either that or a complete simpleton.

Absolutely delighted he has not signed for Heart of Midlothian.

I would have been gutted to see Derek Riordan anywhere near a maroon jersey.

I think we've missed a trick here, he might be a ned but 250 grand for a guaranteed goal scorer is a snip.

Typical Vlad type spin with the withdrawal of interest as soon as he finds out the hobos have signed him.

Talk 107 says

"However we understand the club dropped their interest today when it became apparant to them the enthusiasm to do a deal with the player was 'not reciprocal'.

So, are we supposed to kidnap the friggin guy ?

Life would surely have been unbearable for him in such a small place as Edinburgh, and he does like to 'keep in touch' with his roots :rolleyes:

Was it not also the case that latterly he was regarded by many fans at ER as a lazy ^^^^ ,

Talk 107 says

"However we understand the club dropped their interest today when it became apparant to them the enthusiasm to do a deal with the player was 'not reciprocal'.

Life would surely have been unbearable for him in such a small place as Edinburgh, and he does like to 'keep in touch' with his roots :rolleyes:

Was it not also the case that latterly he was regarded by many fans at ER as a lazy ^^^^ ,

He basically did the same as Ian Murray but worse. Ian Murray left on a pre-contract for nothing (he had agreed to go to them long before and actually before he had six months of his contract left).

Riordan turned down a move down south and waited until he turned 23 to get Hibs as little money for him as possible.

Talk 107 says

They should have been reading Kickback for the last few weeks. A number on here have been saying that would be the case for weeks.

May be a good signing for the ****, would have been a lousy signing for us.

Archived