Riordan OFFICIALLY signs for Hibs

Ryan Gosling

Because back then I felt for every 3 goals another team scored, we could score 4. I didn't care that season, because on our day we were capable of beating anyone. I didn't even notice him playing that season, but we've just spent a whole weekend hanging on for him to sign for us.

Nowadays, I fear any striker who is capable of scoring, no matter who they play for.

I was worried about Offiong on Saturday. Then I saw him.

And yeah, he scored goals in a 'pish hibs team'. Well that team had Whittaker, Murphy, Brown, Thomson, Sproule, O'Connor, and whoever else in it.

This team has Colin Nish, David van Zanten and Joe Keenan.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Understand what your saying but...

Hibs are poor, very poor infact and they need a lot more than a striker...

If it wasnt for derby's being dodgy fixtures I'd fear Killie more than hibs.

Know a fair few hibs fans who share my views....

We'll see but I'm almost certain Ratty wont drag them out of their current problem... infact who knows he may cause them a few more.

All 4 games this season have been dodgy defending and crap finishing. Re-signing Deek will at least fix half the problem...

Keepers on the other hand :sad:

Come on bud, 62 league goals in three years is good enough. Remember, he scored them for a rubbish Hibs side.

I am not devastated he isn't coming here (I didn't expect it) but I am disappointed that Hibs have signed a proven striker.

In his first spell at Hibs he proved he was good enough to play to a high level. I expected him to do well at Celtic - his attitude must have been truely shocking not to make it at Parkhead.

I suspect we'll see flashes of his best at Hibs this time round but most likely he'll continue to under-achieve while spending too much money on booze and hair dye.

Time will tell but giving him a 3 year deal is high risk.

Don't understand hysteria about not getting Riordan.

Do understand hysteria if we get nobody.

Add some if I missed them...

Riordan

Brown

O'Connor

K.Thomson?

Le Tallec

Naismith

Is this the recent list of players that have turned us down on deadline day?

All 4 games this season have been dodgy defending and crap finishing. Re-signing Deek will at least fix half the problem...

Keepers on the other hand :sad:

Serious question,will you welcome him back with open arms after the way he sh&t on you to go to Smeltic?

Do you know where hell is
Hopefully big Tullberg will do the biz. Looking forward to seeing him with maybe Gary Glen beside him.

My thoughts exactly. I wish glen could be given his chance now, as for me mole isnt good enough. The lad tries, but its just not there imo.

I'm not doubting that he was, but there's nothing currently to suggest he is still the player he was.

He's been festering for nigh on 2 years.

He could end up being a stinking signing, such is the way for players who return to clubs.

I wish Robbo was the 2nd time round :(

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Riordan

Brown

O'Connor

K.Thomson?

Le Tallec

Naismith

Nice list.

I seriously think Romanov thinks he's playing some kind of clever mind game by linking us with all these former Hibs players. Only thing is, nobody else seems to understand the purpose.

Serious question,will you welcome him back with open arms after the way he sh&t on you to go to Smeltic?

I have given up the dream that players care for the club more than the buck, so yes, will welcome him back

Graham Thomson

I am so glad Heart Of Midlothian did not sign Riorden, how can people not see it would have been the worst signing ever, he would have disrupted the team spirit, and would have came just for the money, if he had been free, and his wages were ?100 per week, i would have said no

Question, Hearts v Hibs scottish cup final, one minute to go, the score is 0-0 Hearts get a penalty, would you trust Derek Riorden to take the penalty, that wins us the cup,

No me neither.

Riordan

Brown

O'Connor

K.Thomson?

Le Tallec

Naismith

Only Riordan and le Tallec i'd say.

They've smashed their wage barrier for a player that's rotted on Sellicks bench for the last two years and he's only signed for Hibs because he lacks ambition to move elsewhere other than Scotland to further his career.

The dressing room at Hibs is already in ruins, add a player on a huge wage with attitude problems...

This might relegate them.

They've smashed their wage barrier for a player that's rotted on Sellicks bench for the last two years and he's only signed for Hibs because he lacks ambition to move elsewhere other than Scotland to further his career.

The dressing room at Hibs is already in ruins, add a player on a huge wage with attitude problems...

I like your thinking.

dont worry,one man does not make a team,the guy had good players around him like sauzee,latapy,o,conner in his last stint,cannot recall him ever scoring a goal at tynie,or at the ugly sisters,far too much is being made of this guy,do you honestly think this guy would ever be accepted by the hearts supporters?think the guy is right too go back too his spiritual home,lets face it hes never going too be a robbo is he:)

:107years:

Last season Riordan was at hibs, we put 4 past them on 3 separate occasions.

Why fear this scrote?

We had a much better team back then and since when was Riordan a defender!? Riordan has always caused us problems and been a match winner for Hibs on many occassions, a very good signing for them.

PLAYED FOR A BIG TEAM!

YOU COULD'VE PLAYED FOR A BIG TEAM

PLAYED FOR A BIIIIIIG TEAM.

Stupid wee tart doesn't know what's good for him. Oh well, good luck picking up silverware deekz. :107years:

I wish Robbo was the 2nd time round :(

Linking ratboy to the ace of hearts is outrageous. You should be instantly banned for hinting any similarities between the 2 of them.

Great news he's not coming here. Well done hearts, I'm glad we're not lowering ourselves to signing **** like Rearend.

Nice list.

I seriously think Romanov thinks he's playing some kind of clever mind game by linking us with all these former Hibs players. Only thing is, nobody else seems to understand the purpose.

Thing is, I am a little sick of the routine...

Hearts linked to players that catch the fans imagination > player then signs for another club > Hearts get inferior player.

I would love to see us sign a striker that is BETTER than Riordan tonight, I sadly do not see us doing that.

I hear he's on ?7k a week basic.

They had to get rid of those 3 players just to make it possible.

Also, he agreed to speak to Hearts in order to bump up his signing on fee with hibs, although Hearts then pulled out when they heard this, and he got what hibs offered to begin with.

How much do you think he's on?

We had a much better team back then and since when was Riordan a defender!? Riordan has always caused us problems and been a match winner for Hibs on many occassions, a very good signing for them.

So were hibs mind.

I hear he's on ?7k a week basic.

They had to get rid of those 3 players just to make it possible.

Also, he agreed to speak to Hearts in order to bump up his signing on fee with hibs, although Hearts then pulled out when they heard this, and he got what hibs offered to begin with.

Petrie will be having nightmares.

How much do you think he's on?

Around the figures mentioned, 7-8K.

I think having a player thats on around four times as much everyone else is bound to have an effect on team morale.

Seymour M Hersh

Riordan

Brown

O'Connor

K.Thomson?

Le Tallec

Naismith

You are such a drama queen. I'm not sure any of them have turned us down on deadline day.

I was worried about Offiong on Saturday. Then I saw him.

And yeah, he scored goals in a 'pish hibs team'. Well that team had Whittaker, Murphy, Brown, Thomson, Sproule, O'Connor, and whoever else in it.

This team has Colin Nish, David van Zanten and Joe Keenan.

He scored five goals against us for Hibs. Four of them came in a five game run, Riordan's goals directly costing us six points. That was against defences that included players like Webster, Pressley, midfields that included Hartley, and strikers like Lee Miller.

Times change, you are correct, I am simply worried that Riordan will continue to be a good striker. If that is the case, then Hibs have a steal.

Seymour M Hersh
Course they will - remember Ihun Murray? Despised and now adored again after a short spell at the currants.

Typical footie fans I suppose really.

ANd what an amazing job he's doing for them. NOT!!!:107years:

I just hope this doesn't result in people blaming Hearts/Romanov for this deal not happening. The bottom line is that Riordan didn't want to sign for us.

Thing is, I am a little sick of the routine...

Hearts linked to players that catch the fans imagination > player then signs for another club > Hearts get inferior player...

Aye, but at least the club's trying.... :wink:

You are such a drama queen. I'm not sure any of them have turned us down on deadline day.

Thank you Seymour!

So, do you think that we backed out of the deal today for any other reason than he would not sign for us?

Around the figures mentioned, 7-8K.

I think having a player thats on around four times as much everyone else is bound to have an effect on team morale.

That's incredible wages for the vermin. I'm sure their wage budget was ?2k.

If Riordan walks in with his big time attitude he'll not make any friends in the dressing room. Think you'll be spot on with the morale, he could tear it to bits.

Saying all that, him and Fletcher both fit and firing is a very impressive strike force.

Just occurred... didnt Rob Jones spit the dummy recently about not being paid enough?

P&S; You had what was supposedly a good striker.. I think the problem of not scoring goals was more to do with your pish team, ratty wont fix all your problems... with any luck he's just bought tattie napper some time.

I hope Celtic have a water tight deal with Hibs that the ?250k still has to be paid wether the wee ratface is in jail or not. He may be banned from the clubs of Edinburgh but i think he is still allowed in the bars.

He must surely be one more incident away from a sentence.

I just hope this doesn't result in people blaming Hearts/Romanov for this deal not happening. The bottom line is that Riordan didn't want to sign for us.

I won't blame Romanov / Hearts for missing out on Riordan but I will blame them if we don't sign another striker as I believe it would be negligent to go into the season with the options we currently have up front which are the weakest in a long time.

I won't blame Romanov / Hearts for missing out on Riordan but I will blame them if we don't sign another striker as I believe it would be negligent to go into the season with the options we currently have up front which are the weakest in along time..

Will you blame Csaba if he says he was happy with what we have?

Seymour M Hersh
Thank you Seymour!

So, do you think that we backed out of the deal today for any other reason than he would not sign for us?

No idea and I suspect neither have you. I was told was that we wanted him on loan until January any offered sellik ?50k with the option to buy him then for a further ?150k. Rhat bhoy obviously was the one with most all of the cards and I suspect this shows more about the hobos absolute desperation to get the fans back on board more than our inability to sign people on the last day of the window.

Are you genuinely broken that he has not been signed by us?

Riordan would have been a stupid signing for us. Glad he went to Hibs, I'm a lot more concerned that Romanov has not sanctioned us signing anybody of any note at all since last season.

The rest of the SPL (excluding gruesome twosome) are distinctly average, a couple of reasonable players in and I reckon third would be in the bag. With our current squad I think top six will be about our limit.

Cmon Romanov, show some ambition. You make all the promises and deliver zip.

Riordan would have been a stupid signing for us. Glad he went to Hibs, I'm a lot more concerned that Romanov has not sanctioned us signing anybody of any note at all since last season.

The rest of the SPL (excluding gruesome twosome) are distinctly average, a couple of reasonable players in and I reckon third would be in the bag. With our current squad I think top six will be about our limit.

Cmon Romanov, show some ambition. You make all the promises and deliver zip.

Highlight the promises. Then highlight the lack of delivery.

Archived