Get Well soon big Johnmitchell.

chester copperpot

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Old Tolbooth

I've just laughed my way through this entire thread and at one point was wondering when my funeral was :D

I still feel like sheeiite but not half as bad as I did last night, the nurse (who was male unfortunately) seen the state I was in when I got to the hospital and immediately hooked me up to an oxygen machine, I simply thought it was bedtime lol!

Apparently I have a chest infection, which coupled with gloss paint fumes, and a new kitten in the house had really affected my ability to breathe (Linda could have saved me the bother with a pillow as per usual during the night)

I'm now on a 5 day course of steroids of which a side effect is that it can make you look bloated :eek:

Eddie, sorry about the pint tomorrow night mate, will deffo catch up soon though and you don't get out of it that easily! Andy, yer still a fat tw@t but yer hearts in the right place, DDLN, I laughed at your post more than any other mate, brilliant :laugh: (I actually do look like Darth Vader mate :wacko:). Speedbump, this charity thing could start with a charity pub crawl, at least that way we get some exercise in between pints ;)

To everyone else that posted, thanks for cheering me up no ends, it was much appreciated (jeez, I feel like I'm doing a speech at a wedding or summat lol) and I especially appreciated all the fat and bald comments, you know who you are ;)

I P Knightley

To everyone else that posted, thanks for cheering me up no ends, it was much appreciated (jeez, I feel like I'm doing a speech at a wedding or summat lol) and I especially appreciated all the fat and bald comments, you know who you are ;)

A speech at your own wake, John?

Glad to know that you're on the mend. Hospital's not a nice place to be and when they send in a male nurse, they're just taking the p. That said, at least they don't try to suffocate you with toxic fumes and poisonous cats.

The Old Tolbooth
A speech at your own wake, John?

Glad to know that you're on the mend. Hospital's not a nice place to be and when they send in a male nurse, they're just taking the p. That said, at least they don't try to suffocate you with toxic fumes and poisonous cats.

You could be right there mate, I think Linda's up to summat, I noticed the insurance policies dug out yesterday afternoon, however they're away again today, hmmmmm.

Speedbump, you know what they say about exercise mate, you need to keep it up at least 5 times a week :whistling:

You could just dip the kitten in the paint tin and then bin it -----

Hope you are feeling better sounds scary.

-----JOKING I love animals. :)

Nelly Terraces

Never met you John, but always enjoy yer chat on here, and any mate of Messrs A. Ant and E. Fenwick is a mate of mine.

Take it easy pal, and get well very soon. Thats an order, your club needs YOU!:P

Cheers mate.

Tucker (NT)

I've just laughed my way through this entire thread and at one point was wondering when my funeral was :D

I still feel like sheeiite but not half as bad as I did last night, the nurse (who was male unfortunately) seen the state I was in when I got to the hospital and immediately hooked me up to an oxygen machine, I simply thought it was bedtime lol!

Apparently I have a chest infection, which coupled with gloss paint fumes, and a new kitten in the house had really affected my ability to breathe (Linda could have saved me the bother with a pillow as per usual during the night)

I'm now on a 5 day course of steroids of which a side effect is that it can make you look bloated :eek:

Eddie, sorry about the pint tomorrow night mate, will deffo catch up soon though and you don't get out of it that easily! Andy, yer still a fat tw@t but yer hearts in the right place, DDLN, I laughed at your post more than any other mate, brilliant :laugh: (I actually do look like Darth Vader mate :wacko:). Speedbump, this charity thing could start with a charity pub crawl, at least that way we get some exercise in between pints ;)

They can also make your hair grow really fast!!!:P

Glad your feeling better

Dr. Bapswent

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=29&art_id=qw1115785801907A141

Just in case big fella...

Glad to hear your feeling a bit better mate.

Everybody loves Baz
Never met you John, but always enjoy yer chat on here, and any mate of Messrs A. Ant and E. Fenwick is a mate of mine.

Take it easy pal, and get well very soon. Thats an order, your club needs YOU!:P

Cheers mate.

Tucker (NT)

Some people have all the luck :mad:

Get well soon, bet you're missing MSN threads already :eek:

I can just picture it with the nurses..."We'll just need to do a few wee tests", "lol nb!"

Seriously, get well soon.

eddie fenwick

tell me who mentioned the fat and bald jibes and me and makween will get them for you

Didnae realise ye wernae well Big yin. Get better soon. I need someone to sign me into the club! I'm all netted up noo, so I can bore the arse off everyone on here once again.

ps. How shecht are Sky at giving you internet? 5 bloody weeks!

The Old Tolbooth
http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=29&art_id=qw1115785801907A141

Just in case big fella...

Glad to hear your feeling a bit better mate.

Ha ha!! Cheeky git, you'll keep ;)

They can also make your hair grow really fast!!!:P

Glad your feeling better

Knowing my luck I'll end up with more on my arse!! :eek:

Some people have all the luck :mad:

You'll also keep Jack ;)

Glad your back on form dear boy.

Will pm you next week re meeting up.

No worries mate

Glad to see you've not lost your sense of humour anyway J ! Get well soon big guy

Some folk would say I've never had one mate :wacko:

Get well soon, bet you're missing MSN threads already :eek:

I can just picture it with the nurses..."We'll just need to do a few wee tests", "lol nb!"

Seriously, get well soon.

LOL, ty :P

tell me who mentioned the fat and bald jibes and me and makween will get them for you

Why go into a fight handicapped?

Only kiddin Makween :P

Didnae realise ye wernae well Big yin. Get better soon. I need someone to sign me into the club! I'm all netted up noo, so I can bore the arse off everyone on here once again.

ps. How shecht are Sky at giving you internet? 5 bloody weeks!

Oh god, he's back!

Erm, I mean welcome back mate. :)

chester copperpot

See you're better now fella, good to hear.

The stockmarket has seen shares in McEwans export rise again at the extraordinary AGM held today to advise investors that John is on the mend again.

Is there any need for the cheek? Was a genuine offer maybe this sort of thing is the spur I need not abuse, ya sherman tank!

Sorry mate,

The cheek was intended only in the spirit of the thread and the offer of help was genuine.

As I've said on other threads, KBers are always welcome to a free shot of my gym and if you're doing some charity fat burning I'll be the first one to offer help. Or even join in - I've still got some beer belly to get rid of!

John, I suggest you hold on to the oxygen tank if there's any you don't use. I scuba dive nitrox (max 40% oxygen content) and it makes mincemeat of a hangover. I'd imagine 100% oxygen would be even better, so it could come in handy....;)

Get well soon John.

Dont know you personally but your account of your blind date in London was the funniest thing ive read on here. (with the exception of the entire Irvine Jambo thread)

Hey John, sorry to hear you're not well...some people will do anything to get out of CIS cup matches, sheesh.....

Get better soon and take care of yourself... :)

The Old Tolbooth
Hey John, sorry to hear you're not well...some people will do anything to get out of CIS cup matches, sheesh.....

Get better soon and take care of yourself... :)

Ah, but I was there, and stayed right to the bitter end (more fool me :()

I really shouldn't have been there to be honest as I wasn't feeling too good then either, but the lure of a Hearts match and me not quite on my death bed and still able to move slightly is enough to get me there, sad eh?

The Old Tolbooth
John, I suggest you hold on to the oxygen tank if there's any you don't use. I scuba dive nitrox (max 40% oxygen content) and it makes mincemeat of a hangover. I'd imagine 100% oxygen would be even better, so it could come in handy....;)

It would be a good idea if it was a tank, but it's a very small machine that pumps oxygen straight down my throat and into my lungs, it's helping me during the day just now that's for sure.

This is very similar to the chappy that I use every night mate

2110628108_b0e96b49fd.jpg?v=0

It would be a good idea if it was a tank, but it's a very small machine that pumps oxygen straight down my throat and into my lungs, it's helping me during the day just now that's for sure.

This is very similar to the chappy that I use every night mate

Interesting. It'll still work as a hangover cure. :)

Doctor FinnBarr
Interesting. It'll still work as a hangover cure. :)

I'm going to get 1 for Sunday mornings after rallies when the tent just won't go into the bag and you realise that you live 200 miles away!

;)

Ah, but I was there, and stayed right to the bitter end (more fool me :()

I really shouldn't have been there to be honest as I wasn't feeling too good then either, but the lure of a Hearts match and me not quite on my death bed and still able to move slightly is enough to get me there, sad eh?

Not at all, it's very admirable indeed actually.

I practically had a cold for 3 months last winter because every time I was close to being better, I took me and my puffy neck glands off to the Main Stand to watch that bunch of twits in maroon underperform. The things we do eh? ;)

It must have been the match that triggered it all John, I say we blame Airdrie.

I'm going to get 1 for Sunday mornings after rallies when the tent just won't go into the bag and you realise that you live 200 miles away!

;)

You can buy aerosol tins of flavoured oxygen from Harvey Nicks - I have a tin of "Polar Rush" in the house at the moment.

Miller Jambo 60

Glad you are okay jambo.

eddie fenwick

just been down to johns,he is a big drama queen,theres nought wrong wi him that a couple of paracetamol wouldnt fix,just as well hes not in the building trade;)

The Old Tolbooth
just been down to johns,he is a big drama queen,theres nought wrong wi him that a couple of paracetamol wouldnt fix,just as well hes not in the building trade;)

I think Eddie thought I was still in hospital, he turned up with a bunch o grapes ffs lol! All that was missing was the Lucozade :D

chester copperpot
I think Eddie thought I was still in hospital, he turned up with a bunch o grapes ffs lol! All that was missing was the Lucozade :D

He did think you were still in hospital, hence turning up at yer hoose.;)

The Old Tolbooth
He did think you were still in hospital, hence turning up at yer hoose.;)

Yer joking!

I get very little sympathy in this household mate! :wacko:

chester copperpot
Yer joking!

I get very little sympathy in this household mate! :wacko:

I was just gutted about Saturday night to be honest mate. Sent the sympathy thread in the hope ye got better and came oot for a pint with me tomorrow. ;)

Just found out that you hadn't been well John. Glad to hear your feeling better. It's not surprising your short of breath carrying all that weight about. If you stayed trim like myself you wouldn't have these problems.

This just proves that too much pussy at home is bad for your health.

Be warned guys!!!

Buffalo Bill

Just saw this thread and glad you're feeling better mate.

I sure Michael Jackson would happily share his oxegen chamber with you!

Buffalo Bill

The Old Tolbooth
Just saw this thread and glad you're feeling better mate.

I sure Michael Jackson would happily share his oxegen chamber with you!

Buffalo Bill

I'm sure he might want to share other chambers with me as well, which is a worry :eek:

Cheers again everyone though, it kinda gives you a warm fuzzy feeling inside with all the messages of being a fat bassa and a baldy headed git, I love you all too :D

chester copperpot
I'm sure he might want to share other chambers with me as well, which is a worry :eek:

Cheers again everyone though, it kinda gives you a warm fuzzy feeling inside with all the messages of being a fat bassa and a baldy headed git, I love you all too :D

McEwan export alert. You ok big fella. I'm not.

The Old Tolbooth

Never touched a drop Andy, I'm a bit scared to like as I know where I'll end up!

Thanks GA, wasn't off for long tho, and even took my mobile into the hospital so I could keep in touch ffs lol!

John - you are not the new Johnny Marr (who is??????)- but you are a really sound bloke.

Top top man.

:):)

John - you are not the new Johnny Marr (who is??????)- but you are a really sound bloke.

Top top man.

:):)

I'm sure that's a typo he meant to type r

Buffalo Bill

To the tune of Yellow Submarine....

"Jonny Mitchell sleeps in Michael Jackson's bed"

*This could be the 'Ivanauskas on the bench'.*

Buffalo Bill

Archived