EEN - No Move for Riordan....but maybe gow and two kaunas lads

scotty2442

I wonder what will happen with the Larry situation. Hopefully it'll give him a much needed kick up the erse.

heartsfc_fan

Hearts manager Csaba Laszlo is monitoring FBK Kaunas' versatile Polish defender Adrian Mrowiec as well as Serbian striker Bojan Mamic and admits his attack needs urgent attention following last night's penalty shootout defeat by Airdrie United in the Co-operative Insurance Cup.

"This is an area we must look at," he said. "We have a lot of options open and a lot of possibilities at the moment. We check any possibility we have but I don't want to comment too much on new players. We always have offers and names and we will see what we can do."

Hearts have also been credited with interest in Alan Gow, the Rangers forward, and Laszlo admitted he would be receptive to a possible loan deal for the 25-year-old. "We are always interested in good players. I think if we can get a player of this quality then why not?"

Fine at least if this other serbian lad is a striker...it's a start!

Chad Sexington
Why sign a talented Scot when you can have 2 faceless nobodies./QUOTE]

You've been reading Keith Jackson too long mate.

:rolleyes:

loveofthegame
Hearts manager Csaba Laszlo is monitoring FBK Kaunas' versatile Polish defender Adrian Mrowiec as well as Serbian striker Bojan Mamic and admits his attack needs urgent attention following last night's penalty shootout defeat by Airdrie United in the Co-operative Insurance Cup.

"This is an area we must look at," he said. "We have a lot of options open and a lot of possibilities at the moment. We check any possibility we have but I don't want to comment too much on new players. We always have offers and names and we will see what we can do."

Hearts have also been credited with interest in Alan Gow, the Rangers forward, and Laszlo admitted he would be receptive to a possible loan deal for the 25-year-old. "We are always interested in good players. I think if we can get a player of this quality then why not?"

Fine at least if this other serbian lad is a striker...it's a start!

True- but remember Beni and Klimek where strikers...

loveofthegame
You've been reading Keith Jackson too long mate.

:rolleyes:

haha aye maybe. I'm just not a fan of our signing policy, especially when there are players we know much more about available for v little that we are not signing who you can near guarantee will be much better than what we are bringing in from Kaunas.

Jambof3tornado

I beg to differ,Klimek wasnt even a ****in footballer!!!:rolleyes:

heartsfc_fan

Velicka was a striker ;)

They can't ALL be duds over there!

Slapped wrists for Larry, hope it is a boot up the bahookhi.

Just as an aside

Did Csaba "clip" Obua's ear in a Makela stylee after his generally duff performance and penalty miss.....:rolleyes:

Can anyone honestly see Vlad taking a guy from Rangers?

Especially one who is happy to play reserve football for super duper wages. Imagine the slating Gow would take from Vlad if he missed a chance. It would be because the Scots can't be trusted blah blah blah.

No way will Gow ever be a Hearts player (IMO).

heartsfc_fan
Mamic played all of 13 minutes in the 2 legs. Most be some player, did he score the winner...

Pilabitius (or however it's spelt) did

Just as an aside

Did Csaba "clip" Obua's ear in a Makela stylee after his generally duff performance and penalty miss.....:rolleyes:

If that is what he (Csaba) does i would expect him to have a sore hand dishing out the 'clips'.

I sincerely hope that we are not after Mamic. The guy struggles to get a game for Kauna FFS. And to those of you that say 'give the guy a chance' well im sorry....you dont have to be Alex Ferguson to know that being a sub in one of the poorest leagues around means that generally you are pretty gash. I am very underwhelmed with ALL our signings and actually believe we may be going backward as there is no way on gods earth that Shaba has FULL control although he would you believe otherwise. OOPS sorry guys...we are supposed to be TOGETHER.....pathetic:mad:

I sincerely hope that we are not after Mamic. The guy struggles to get a game for Kauna FFS. And to those of you that say 'give the guy a chance' well im sorry....you dont have to be Alex Ferguson to know that being a sub in one of the poorest leagues around means that generally you are pretty gash. I am very underwhelmed with ALL our signings and actually believe we may be going backward as there is no way on gods earth that Shaba has FULL control although he would you believe otherwise. OOPS sorry guys...we are supposed to be TOGETHER.....pathetic:mad:

Yep - signing Kaunas first team players is one thing

Signing Kaunas reserves / squad members is a different story completely

Same old story,we've known for how long that we've needed a decent striker and what happens?? We take the easy option Vlad would have given to Laszlo and go direct to Kaunas after all the nonsense of not being able to get the right man.

This club smells and will never change with Vlad and the sooner everybody wakes up again after so much false optimism given out again the better!!:mad:

cobbyshambles

larry's not been in the frame of mind for some time now-he used to stand out by a mile but now he seems like a bit player

Velicka was a striker ;)

They can't ALL be duds over there!

Yes, Velicka was/is a striker ..... but when he showed any sort of form, he was quickly sold on ... leaving us with just the utter dross of Lithuania!! :rolleyes:

Really glad that we had so many good strikers in the squad when he was sold tho! ;)

larry's not been in the frame of mind for some time now-he used to stand out by a mile but now he seems like a bit player

I'm not sure how fair it is to say that he's having a terrible game every time. Yes, his workrate fluctuates a bit and his petulance can be a little annoying at times...but I don't think I've seen him have anything approximating a 'shocker' yet. Last night excepted, he tends to find himself with two or more opposition players to deal with everytime he's on the ball so yes, he's going to seem less effective....but that's just part and parcel of being a player of known quality.

I'd like to see a little more consistency from him, and if he could demonstrate a sense of urgency then that would be nice too. But I don't think his abilities or role in the team should be questioned yet. He's a valuable player to us.

At least they seem to have given up on sending us Lithuanians!!! think we must have had all the crap lithuanians now

Archived