To all the negative moaners & drama queens........

Craigieboy

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
GTF!

Nite, nite.

The irony of you using the phrase "drama queen" and then posting that is almost tangible.

GTF!

Nite, nite.

Yeah , look for the positives :). It's like panning for gold right now.

Gonna be a long hard season playing 4-5-1 :), and that's at home.

loveofthegame

We go out the cup at home to Airdrie playing 4-5-1. I think people have every right to moan.

Or where you happy with that performance?

Come on eh?

We've played much better in the last 3 games & then we cannae score against a team who dig in for a draw & folk are moaning.

Is our record in cups that superb that the result tonight surprised you?

Come on eh?

We've played much better in the last 3 games & then we cannae score against a team who dig in for a draw & folk are moaning.

Is our record in cups that superb that the result tonight surprised you?

yes getting beat by a 10 man airdrie team surprised me.

Pffft.

None of you had to go to a full meeting of West Dunbartonshire Council tonight.

Mind you, I doubt we could have found the net against them either....

It was getting late mate.

Like two 0-0 draws in one.

Chad Sexington

I'm no drama queen and I always try to look on the bright side when it comes to Hearts.

But tonight was bad...I mean really bad.

We were toothless in attack and looked totally disorganised for large parts of the game.

It was back to the dark days of Frail with players looking bewildered as to what they were supposed to be doing.

I hope its a blip because on that form Hamilton will beat us on Saturday.

Pffft.

None of you had to go to a full meeting of West Dunbartonshire Council tonight.

Mind you, I doubt we could have found the net against them either....

Should have done what Mirror columnist Brian Reade did when he was at smilar meeting at Berkshire Council when he was starting out. His beloved Liverpool were playing a big Euro tie that night and halfway through the council meeting, he just shouted **** this and stormed out!

Did West Dumbartonshire Council pass a motion to order a new banjo?

hearts_crazy

Stewart ? heedless chicken, Larry ? not interested, Obua ? kept trying to take outrageous long range shots instead of playing a simple pass, Karapidis ? incapable of playing the ball forward, Mole ? consistently in wrong position to accept a pass or cross. Airdrie swamped the midfield and did not allow us to play. Apart from 2 efforts in the first half they didn?t trouble us at all. Despite the inadequacies of the aforementioned muppets in our ?engine room? we still created enough chances to win the game easily and but for poor finishing by us and heroics from their goalie we would have done so.

We were beaten by lower league opposition in the cup, it happens, it?s happened to much better teams than us. It does NOT warrant mass hysteria on Kickback.

And for those of you that are bleating about how there is no change from last season, have a word eh, Frail's team would have rolled over and died when Airdrie hit the bar and we would have got humped.

I think we needed a bit of creativity in midfield last night. Airdrie had 10 men behind the ball for most of it, against SPL sides, they wouldn't normally settle for a draw but in a cup game, lower league opposition would do anything to progress to the next round of the cup. I don't think Hearts got too complacent, I just think we showed them too much respect, instead of attacking them we played the game like it was a European Semi Final, playing the easy passes back to the defenders but when we looked forward, there was nowhere to go so it was played across, only when Obua, kingston and on a couple of occasions Stewart ran with it did things start to open up.

The only player I would have said didn't do well is Ksanavicius, he isn't quick, skillful or spacially aware. The rest were alright, I didn't understand Csaba's tactics though, a right back in midfield and a midfielder at right back??? I know Karipidis had been playing there for a few weeks and Jonsson played there with the reserves, but put them into their natural positions Csaba.

The scoreline didn't surprise me, when I did my research on Airdrie (looking at the league table) I seen that they had 3 0-0 draws and 1 1-0 defeat in 4 games, I would have had money on 0-0 if it wasn't for Hearts scoring and conceding so many in the SPL.

Also, how far was that ball over the line? Was it in? (when Airdrie hit the bar)

At the end of the day, it's the "Co-operitive" diddy cup, we lasted longer than Hibs (about 24 hours and 10 minutes) and if anything I'm happy for the Airdrie fans who sang for the entire 130 minutes- what I'd call real fans.

Archived