James McCarthy

Makween

jamboinglasgow
That was McGheady's excuse too. Is it customary for the Oirish to insist on their grandkids future career whilst on their death beds?

never heard McGeady say that. I have heardd two reasons, one that he wasn't picked by the SFA for their youth national teams and the other was that he was bullied alot in a scottish youth team and decided to go for Ireland instead.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ah the attention seeking makween making up another negative thread so he can get his browny points. He rejectd scotland,so what,thats his choice. And your h's ur using, if your thinking he supports celtic your wrong. He supports rangers. Mccarthys an awesome player and you starting a thread about wanting to boo a 19 year old is pathetic. Shame you dont have the bottle to say it to his face instead of on an internet forum. Grow up makween.

Every post you make on KB suspects me to believe you are on drugs.

Socially acceptable medication or otherwise, you are on drugs pal.

FWIW, we all know why McCarthy and McGeady chose to play for Ireland. Let's not pretend otherwise.

Bert Le Clos

I'll boo him. Not because he's Catholic. Not because he supports Celtic. And not because he chose to play for Ireland.

I'll boo him because he turned down the chance to play for Scotland when we wanted him to play for us.

He was born and brought up in Scotland, by parents who were born in Scotland. He learned his football with a Scottish team and IMO should repay the SFA and all the Scottish coaches who helped him get to where he is.

If Scotland had deemed him not good enough to play for us, I would have no problem with him playing for Ireland. That's why I have no problem with the Anglo Scots in the Scotland team.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I'll boo him. Not because he's Catholic. Not because he supports Celtic. And not because he chose to play for Ireland.

I'll boo him because he turned down the chance to play for Scotland when we wanted him to play for us.

He was born and brought up in Scotland, by parents who were born in Scotland. He learned his football with a Scottish team and IMO should repay the SFA and all the Scottish coaches who helped him get to where he is.

If Scotland had deemed him not good enough to play for us, I would have no problem with him playing for Ireland. That's why I have no problem with the Anglo Scots in the Scotland team.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Sunday Herald, 14 January 2007:

But it wasn't as if Scotland didn't have the opportunity. Youth supremo Archie Knox has viewed the player twice, and youth coach Ross Mathie at least half a dozen times, without him being called up to represent the country of his birth. "We knew of James last season and we've had him watched a number of times, but like most managerial decisions it is all a matter of opinions, " Mathie said.

monkfish1979
Amazing how patriotic some posters can become over 'defectors'' to the Irish like McCarthy and McGeady. Those that are most outraged must be really into Scotland, the TA and that.

:107years:

You'd almost think that they had a fascist agenda of some sort.....

Does anyone else find the habit of placing an 'h' as the second letter to every word in order to denote some affinity with Celtic rheally ihrritating? Ohr ihs iht Jhust mhe?
Yeah, it is quite irritating, but typical of the Mhakween's and Therapihst's of this world.

Whil dho.
And why exactly will you be booing him? You hate Scotland after all, so it can't be anything to do with him being a traitor.

You couldn't possibly be booing him because he plays for the Republic of Ireland could you? You Northern Ireland fans are MUCH classier, and not at all bigotted after all.

Bert Le Clos
Sunday Herald, 14 January 2007:

But it wasn't as if Scotland didn't have the opportunity. Youth supremo Archie Knox has viewed the player twice, and youth coach Ross Mathie at least half a dozen times, without him being called up to represent the country of his birth. "We knew of James last season and we've had him watched a number of times, but like most managerial decisions it is all a matter of opinions, " Mathie said.

That's fair enough, maybe Scotland overlooked him once or twice. But he was 16 when this happened. It doesn't show much commitment on his part to give up on Scotland after being overlooked once or twice.

There are plenty players who are overlooked at 16. If he really wanted to play for Scotland he would have stuck at it until he was picked.

That's fair enough, maybe Scotland overlooked him once or twice. But he was 16 when this happened. It doesn't show much commitment on his part to give up on Scotland after being overlooked once or twice.

There are plenty players who are overlooked at 16. If he really wanted to play for Scotland he would have stuck at it until he was picked.

I guess it was a combination of factors, perceived rejection being one of them. It's very easy after several rejections to resign yourself to the fact that "that's the way it's supposed to be". In the end he jumped into bed with the less pretty looking, but very available and interested, lassie because the good-looking one didn't seem interested. Haven't we all done that at one time or another? ;)

Malcolm Tucker
ah the attention seeking makween making up another negative thread so he can get his browny points. He rejectd scotland,so what,thats his choice. And your h's ur using, if your thinking he supports celtic your wrong. He supports rangers. Mccarthys an awesome player and you starting a thread about wanting to boo a 19 year old is pathetic. Shame you dont have the bottle to say it to his face instead of on an internet forum. Grow up makween.

?I was a Glasgow Celtic supporter as a kid and my grandfather used to tell about the history of Celtic and the Irish International team."

Taken from the R.O.I website after chose to play for Ireland u17's.

He rejected Scotland because his Gramps hammered the Oirish Celtic connection into his skull. Not for any other reason.

Bert Le Clos
I guess it was a combination of factors, perceived rejection being one of them. It's very easy after several rejections to resign yourself to the fact that "that's the way it's supposed to be". In the end he jumped into bed with the less pretty looking, but very available and interested, lassie because the good-looking one didn't seem interested. Haven't we all done that at one time or another? ;)

I only sleep with supermodels :P

But seriously, if every player who wasn't selected for their national squad at 16 was to give up the world would be denied of some great players. Roy Keane is a perfect example.

Even the Anglo/Scots who have played for Scotland wait until they are 21/22 before they swap alleigancies.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

Noted. Cheers for the reminder mate. ;)

What is your problem with Ireland? We already know you have no time for the Scottish international side so it clearly can't be anything to do with his decision to turn us down.

Strange how those who were so shocked and appalled by the booing at Hampden last week are so keen to Boo a teenage footballer :confused::confused:

King of the North
Strange how those who were so shocked and appalled by the booing at Hampden last week are so keen to Boo a teenage footballer :confused::confused:

Its remarkable... these are also the people most likely to have a dig at the Taran Army, and proud to boast they are British not Scottish... which makes their indignation about a young lad 'turning his back' on Scotland even more ridiculous.

I couldn't give a feck about James McCarthy, in fact until this thread I didn't even know he existed.

What is your problem with Ireland? We already know you have no time for the Scottish international side so it clearly can't be anything to do with his decision to turn us down.

:eek: You SERIOUSLY askin Therapist what his problem is with Ireland :confused:

He has no time for the Scottish team and is 100% Unionist... :rolleyes:

Want anymore clues...Hates Steven Pressley because he joined the Smelltic, doesnae seem to have a problem with Judas Webster ;)

Probably keeps fit by going long walks...Mostly around July time!!

I can give you more clues if you want...BUT, I think you've got it now!! :rolleyes:

What is your problem with Ireland?

I have no problem with Ireland. I have a serious problem with plastic paddies and all the baggage that accompanies it.

And what of all the Anglo Scots who have played for Scotland? If you have parents of differing nationalities then you, rightly, can choose which team you're eligible for. He made a choice. His decision. Good for him.

Not checked all posts to see if someone has mentioned it but Aiden McGeady picked Ireland because of his Grandparents, not parents.

Personally makes me boil. It shows how brainwashed and small minded they are through in the West.

When a lad who would have a great chance to play for his country of birth doesn`t feel pride or love that country, it`s a very sad day.

The mercenaries who play for Scotland only do so because they know they have no chance of playing for England and use the loopholes available to get into international football. All the same , i suppose you could question their national pride too.

er..guys, he choose to play for ireland because it was his dying grandfathers wish that he played in a green irish shirt. To me I think thats unfair on the lad. Even if I had a talented grandchild and the rest of his family were say English, I would not say I want you to play for scotland as I am dying because the boy will have felt that if he played for England he would be disgracing his grandfather. I would rather my grandson let my grandson play for who he wants, though I would hope he plays for scotland but would pressurise him.

So I wont boo him, McTraitor on the other hand had little reason to jump ship.

Was that not the same crap that was said about McGeady when he chose to play for Ireland?

jack D and coke
A Scot picking to play for Ireland because of the team he supports- warrants BOOOOOOING in my book.

Guaranteed he does the twisted little rat! It wouldn't happen anywhere else other than in the west of scotland.

Can you imagine a really promising young lad who grew up in england wanting to play for the Republic? Nae chance! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!:mad:

Captain Canada

Couldn't be bothered reading the whole thread to see if this had been mentioned but it was his Grandad's dying wish that he play for Ireland. How you can boo anyone for that is beyond me.

Oh, hi there.

Just a quick reminder to everyone to boo this little rhodent on Saturday.

Peace x

Errrr.....no...

Grow up and stop being a bigot....

I see you are avoiding answering the questions you have been asked:p

I'm sorry, I couldn't be bothered wading through two pages. What questions have I been asked?

Edit : And where's my thread about how good Airdrie fans were last night? :sad:

When a lad who would have a great chance to play for his country of birth doesn`t feel pride or love that country, it`s a very sad day.

The mercenaries who play for Scotland only do so because they know they have no chance of playing for England and use the loopholes available to get into international football. All the same , i suppose you could question their national pride too.

It's a tough subject. All this talk about playing for the team of which you were born, parents, grandparents it's definately not easy.

I was born in England, went to primary school and secondary school there. Only live in Scotland as I chose to go to Stirling Uni. I intend to live in Scotland after uni too. I have an English mother and a Scottish father. Before I was born my parents lived in Scotland for a while. My parents have a love for the country. My dad was always going to bring me up to support Scotland, and that's what happened. Throughout my whole life I have supported Scotland, it feels natural for me to do so as I feel it in my blood. World cup 1998 I remember getting the mick taken at school when we got knocked out in the group stages. England v Argentina, walked into school with the biggest grin on my face only to find a group of lads in a huddle and then being chased out of school. If I ever did play professional football there would be no second thought about playing for Scotland. Sat here at work as I type, with a scotland shirt in my bag ready for a 5aside5.

Was it a sad day, the day my dad donned me with scotland shirt in Debut4?

Harry Kinnear

Is some reverse psychology not in order here, so instead of booing and perhaps inspiring the scrot just ignore the baw bag?

What the hell BOOOOOO!

Great answer, well worth the wait:)

Sorry, I didn't realise that it was a competition. You strike me as quite an angry person.

Malcolm Tucker

I'm still waiting to see where Kearney got the idea he was a Rangers fan from??

so here is a quick thought?? vlad signs him on deadline day, anyone gonna complain? he is a quality player but would you boo one of your own, i reckon half if the so called 'fans' actually would

I'm still waiting to see where Kearney got the idea he was a Rangers fan from??

MhcCarthy (why was the title edited, whyyyy? :mad: ) is a Dhim. He had a season ticket before he signed for Hamilton.

so here is a quick thought?? vlad signs him on deadline day, anyone gonna complain? he is a quality player but would you boo one of your own, i reckon half if the so called 'fans' actually would

Have you even seen him play?

"...so called 'fans'..." - elaborate.

Sorry, I didn't realise that it was a competition. You strike me as quite an angry person.

No I genuinely think it was a very good answer!!!! angry??? did you not see my wee smilie face???:):):):):)

just a quick reminder to anyone who has cheered nigel quasie for scotland should exclude themselves from the booing

I'm sorry, I couldn't be bothered wading through two pages. What questions have I been asked?

Edit : And where's my thread about how good Airdrie fans were last night? :sad:

What is your measure for being good fans then?

How big your Union Jack is?

How loud you sing the Sash or a song about being born under a Union Jack?

If Celtic were at Tynecastle last night and cheered their team on for 120 minutes + penalties, but included some of their party songs, would you be complimenting them?

Stop fishing for controversy wee man:troll:

angry understudy

God, if Ireland were like Argentina and McCarthy was the new Messi perhaps I would be bothered enough to boo.

But Ireland are a poor to average ageing team with 2 or 3 decent players and the rest a load of dross. McCarthy is a young player playing for a small town club and is unproven. We have plenty of talented youngsters (see Aaron Spear signed for Newcastle last week, 16 year old "Next Rooney" - English opted for Scotland) so I wouldn't waste ma breath.

jack D and coke
just a quick reminder to anyone who has cheered nigel quasie for scotland should exclude themselves from the booing

Totally different. Quasie would've obviously played for England given the chance but wasn't good enough. Same applies to the likes of Tommy Coyne or Owen Coyle who would've definately rather turned out for Scotland but never got the call. McCarthy is a manky little rodent who before his career has even really began has chosen another nation before that of the one of his birth and feck him forever for it.

Darren Fletcher could've played for the ROI but didn't.

Not read the whole thread.

James McArthy is a mhank of the highest order. Dirty wee judas *******.

Hope his career soon ends.

Hope his career soon ends.

Preferably on Saturday afternoon between 15:00 and 16:45.

Malinga the Swinga

Wouldn't even recognise him if he sat next to me, so certainly wouldn't boo him because he chose to play for Ireland. If he scores against us and cheats to win either penalty or game, them perhaps would, but he can play for who he wants.

Scotland is nothing more than a flag of convenience for sub-standard players who can't get a game for their own country.

The White Cockade

Can you imagine a really promising young lad who grew up in england wanting to play for the Republic? Nae chance! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

No?

Just half the Irish team.....

Captain Canada

Don't see why this is an issue for a Hearts V Hamilton game - good luck to him when he plays for Ireland though.

Paisley Jambo
From acciesfc.co.uk:

"James is now a member of the Republic of Ireland under 21 squad after deciding that his international career would not be with Scotland."

Enough said!!! :mad:

He is a wee weasel and hopefully will receive cruciate ligament damage and end up a waster. :mad:

He is a wee weasel and hopefully will receive cruciate ligament damage and end up a waster. :mad:

I agree he was very very wrong to turn his back on his country and I agree the reasons are more than likely to have been down to religion rather than football,so have no issue with those that want to boo him, but to wish that on a young boy with a big talent is wrong

Another potentially world class player choosing Ireland. There looking good for the 2010 world cup now!lol

I think we would genuinely have quite a good in a few years team if him and mcgeady choose us, technically gifted with grafters around them. But ah well.

TBH, the more we boo the more that will follow, young scots thinking they'll be matyrs playing for Ireland. But in this lads case it was a promise to his dying granda who was Irish, cant really fault that, as much of a shame as it is, wasnt a plasitc provo thing, or a career move like mcgeady.

God, if Ireland were like Argentina and McCarthy was the new Messi perhaps I would be bothered enough to boo.

But Ireland are a poor to average ageing team with 2 or 3 decent players and the rest a load of dross. McCarthy is a young player playing for a small town club and is unproven. We have plenty of talented youngsters (see Aaron Spear signed for Newcastle last week, 16 year old "Next Rooney" - English opted for Scotland) so I wouldn't waste ma breath.

Liverpool coaches described McCarthy as better than Gerrard at that age.

Plus im sure that Spears fella now hes got recognition and if hes the "next rooney" will surely choose England when called upon, hes prob only in the Scotland set up because England took no notice to him at that age.

Archived