Hoy is Scottish, but why no 'English Olympic Heroes'???

southlondonjambo

Spot the difference in these two stories.....

Hoy etc. are described here as ?Scotland?s Olympic medal heroes? in this article, in which anything remotely Scottish-related is pushed to the fore?.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/7577919.stm

?.whereas in this story about Rebecca Adlington, the words ?England? or ?English? are nowhere to be found:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/nottinghamshire/7581071.stm

(In fact, you?ll note I found the latter on the ?BBC Nottingham? section, the former on ?BBC Scotland?. Surprise, surprise, there is no actual BBC England, such is the level of anti-English feeling at the pro-Scottish, Labour-dominated BBC?)

But not content with trying to wipe England off the map completely, and break it up into ?Regions?, the McMafia-dominated BBC is now firmly behind this ?Team GB? football nonsense. Vehemently anti-English Scots such as Gordon Brown, Alex Ferguson and Alistair Darling are hell-bent on destroying England?s national football team by cooking up a Scots-dominated British side ? all done under the auspices of (Mac)British ?unity?, but clearly due to the McSpongers hatred of an England united under the St George?s flag. In fact the shirts will probably be blue (like the GB cycling kit) and sponsored by Irn Bru or Tennents Super....but if anyone complains, they?re likely to be labelled a racist, despite the fact the English are discriminated against every day by the McLiebour govt.

And, just like all the free prescriptions, free bus travel and free NHS care north of the border which is unavailable in England, every penny of this Team GB farce will be funded entirely by the English taxpayer.

The sooner England gets shot of this authoritarian McBritish Raj, the better.

English not British.

Can I have a little of what you are on? Grandpa Broon "anti-english", you are having a laugh surely?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Indeed.:)

Ok then Toggie. Think we can leave it at that. :eek:

As for immigration - I vote for swapping all of the **** in this country for hard working individuals from any part of the Globe !!

Any takers !!

I actually agree. Immigration is a great thing in my opinion and we should be encouraging it.

I actually agree. Immigration is a great thing in my opinion and we should be encouraging it.

As long as its a straight swap.

We lob a Scottish waster into a Volcano somewhere - for every hard working law abiding English speaking immigrant that arrives. Everyones a winner !!

Well except for the Volcano.

As long as its a straight swap.

We lob a Scottish waster into a Volcano somewhere - for every hard working law abiding English speaking immigrant that arrives. Everyones a winner !!

Well except for the Volcano.

The English speaking thing doesn't bother me as they will no doubt learn English while they are over here.

The English speaking thing doesn't bother me as they will no doubt learn English while they are over here.

Totallu disagree. If someone is lazy enough to go to a different country and not even learn the most basic of words then they are unlikely to put much effort into anything else. Very bad impression to make.

If I am going on holiday to a country for even a week I learn the basics of 'please' and 'thankyou' etc...

If someone is planning to come to our country and live here - they can at least learn a basic grasp of English.

Otherwise they can stay put until they put in a little effort.

I've not been on for a few days

Toggie, where do I even begin pal?

In all your posts the only thing that you succesfully convey is your niavity and immaturity.

I don't believe for one second that you have EVER lived a day in the 'real world'

The whole BBC bashing is just ridiculous. I have to say that I am a huge fan of the BBC. For as long as I can remember they have been churning out the best documentaries in the world, best comedy, best news and they supply the entire world with choice of a extremely diverse nature.

We(Scotland) have our own exclusive radio channel, TV channel, Internet pages for our sport and local affairs and issues.

Blacks get their own radio station from the BBC, they give the Asians an asian network, the give children their own programs, they have world news, local news, black news, news for old age pensioners, to put it in a nutshell 'they have it covered'

I don't like paying a TV license (something which your parents probably pay and not you :))but I appreciate that the money goes a long long way.

I think behind HBO it is the 2nd biggest in the world. You take a look at the TV listings for today buddy ok. You will see something called choice. Something that your fat fascist leader does not encourage for his crusaders.

BBC Scotland is well funded. I usually dont watch Scottish programs as they are mostly awfull i.e river city. I like documentaries and news programs.

I have the choice to watch 'UK wide' newsnight, or perhaps Newsnight Scotland. Or maybe even both if I wish.

If I miss a program I turn to BBC 3 and watch it. Or if I had BBCi i'd use that too.

If I had kids they could watch CBeebies (something that you probably watch)

I can't stand John motson, but ithye also give me the choice to press the red button and it changes the commentary to five live

There truly is something for everyone. BUT NO!!!

The Nationalists want not only their slice of the cake but the entire Bakery store.

What exactly do you want/expect from them?

The chip on your and your pathetic little parties shoulders must weigh you down immensely.

Surprised you don't insist on them speaking gaelic

I P Knightley

I can't stand John motson, but ithye also give me the choice to press the red button and it changes the commentary to five live

I'm on record as being a big supporter of the BBC - you forgot to mention the superb http://www.bbc.co.uk: not just a news website, tons more as well.

Anyway, you've made me a very happy man with the comment above - I hadn't realised that I had the power to switch Motson off. God bless you, sir!

I'm on record as being a big supporter of the BBC - you forgot to mention the superb http://www.bbc.co.uk: not just a news website, tons more as well.

Anyway, you've made me a very happy man with the comment above - I hadn't realised that I had the power to switch Motson off. God bless you, sir!

That red button kept me sane during the Euros this year :)

I have just finished watching the highlights of the Hamilton game - not bad Toggie for a flick of a button

I've not been on for a few days

Toggie, where do I even begin pal?

In all your posts the only thing that you succesfully convey is your niavity and immaturity.

I don't believe for one second that you have EVER lived a day in the 'real world'

The whole BBC bashing is just ridiculous. I have to say that I am a huge fan of the BBC. For as long as I can remember they have been churning out the best documentaries in the world, best comedy, best news and they supply the entire world with choice of a extremely diverse nature.

We(Scotland) have our own exclusive radio channel, TV channel, Internet pages for our sport and local affairs and issues.

Blacks get their own radio station from the BBC, they give the Asians an asian network, the give children their own programs, they have world news, local news, black news, news for old age pensioners, to put it in a nutshell 'they have it covered'

I don't like paying a TV license (something which your parents probably pay and not you :))but I appreciate that the money goes a long long way.

I think behind HBO it is the 2nd biggest in the world. You take a look at the TV listings for today buddy ok. You will see something called choice. Something that your fat fascist leader does not encourage for his crusaders.

BBC Scotland is well funded. I usually dont watch Scottish programs as they are mostly awfull i.e river city. I like documentaries and news programs.

I have the choice to watch 'UK wide' newsnight, or perhaps Newsnight Scotland. Or maybe even both if I wish.

If I miss a program I turn to BBC 3 and watch it. Or if I had BBCi i'd use that too.

If I had kids they could watch CBeebies (something that you probably watch)

The Nationalists want not only their slice of the cake but the entire Bakery store.

What exactly do you want/expect from them?

The chip on your and your pathetic little parties shoulders must weigh you down immensely.

Too easy.

Archived