Hoy is Scottish, but why no 'English Olympic Heroes'???

southlondonjambo

southlondonjambo

Spot the difference in these two stories.....

Hoy etc. are described here as ?Scotland?s Olympic medal heroes? in this article, in which anything remotely Scottish-related is pushed to the fore?.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/7577919.stm

?.whereas in this story about Rebecca Adlington, the words ?England? or ?English? are nowhere to be found:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/nottinghamshire/7581071.stm

(In fact, you?ll note I found the latter on the ?BBC Nottingham? section, the former on ?BBC Scotland?. Surprise, surprise, there is no actual BBC England, such is the level of anti-English feeling at the pro-Scottish, Labour-dominated BBC?)

But not content with trying to wipe England off the map completely, and break it up into ?Regions?, the McMafia-dominated BBC is now firmly behind this ?Team GB? football nonsense. Vehemently anti-English Scots such as Gordon Brown, Alex Ferguson and Alistair Darling are hell-bent on destroying England?s national football team by cooking up a Scots-dominated British side ? all done under the auspices of (Mac)British ?unity?, but clearly due to the McSpongers hatred of an England united under the St George?s flag. In fact the shirts will probably be blue (like the GB cycling kit) and sponsored by Irn Bru or Tennents Super....but if anyone complains, they?re likely to be labelled a racist, despite the fact the English are discriminated against every day by the McLiebour govt.

And, just like all the free prescriptions, free bus travel and free NHS care north of the border which is unavailable in England, every penny of this Team GB farce will be funded entirely by the English taxpayer.

The sooner England gets shot of this authoritarian McBritish Raj, the better.

English not British.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...(In fact, you?ll note I found the latter on the ?BBC Nottingham? section, the former on ?BBC Scotland?. Surprise, surprise, there is no actual BBC England, such is the level of anti-English feeling at the pro-Scottish, Labour-dominated BBC?)...

Oh dear.

Clearly your attention seeking wasn't being satisfied by shortish comments on the back of longer threads and you are seeking a bit more of a response.

Whatever gets you off mate.

Clearly your attention seeking wasn't being satisfied by shortish comments on the back of longer threads and you are seeking a bit more of a response.

Whatever gets you off mate.

Yup.

His constant trolling is becoming a bit tiring.

Commander Harris

just on a point of fact, we sadly don't get free prescriptions "north of the border". It can cost me about ?30 a month sometimes. :sad:

also, I'm pretty sure the local manfield press will have more of a focus on Rebecca Adlington than, for example, Chris Hoy. They might even mention that she's local! :eek:

I would like to share my 2p and say the only reason that there is lots of different BBC regions down south and only one up here is THERE IS NO ONE IN HALF OUR FECKIN COUNTRY! In my opinion the reason we have one news etc for the whole country and they have separate isn't because the BBC is pro-Scotland etc, it is actually the opposite. They can't be ar$ed with us and we don't matter.

But of course, this is JUST MY OPINION :)

just on a point of fact, we sadly don't get free prescriptions "north of the border". It can cost me about ?30 a month sometimes. :sad:

also, I'm pretty sure the local manfield press will have more of a focus on Rebecca Adlington than, for example, Chris Hoy. They might even mention that she's local! :eek:

CH, get a pre-payment certificate from any pharamcist, ?17 for 4 months and as much medicine as you want. Sickly kids like myself rely on these big time, PM me if you need to know more!

The Mighty Thor

I reckon this particular trumpet is in fact BoJo on the wind up, either that or some spotty Daily Mail graduate trainee researching a full expose of the anti-english sentiment in 'yer average sweaty'.

Either way he makes a few of our own posters trolling look almost professional in their execution.

Either way he's a bell end.

chester copperpot

Hoy etc. are described here as ?Scotland?s Olympic medal heroes? in this article, in which anything remotely Scottish-related is pushed to the fore?.

?.whereas in this story about Rebecca Adlington, the words ?England? or ?English? are nowhere to be found:

(In fact, you?ll note I found the latter on the ?BBC Nottingham? section, the former on ?BBC Scotland?. Surprise, surprise, there is no actual BBC England, such is the level of anti-English feeling at the pro-Scottish, Labour-dominated BBC?)

But not content with trying to wipe England off the map completely, and break it up into ?Regions?, the McMafia-dominated BBC is now firmly behind this ?Team GB? football nonsense. Vehemently anti-English Scots such as Gordon Brown, Alex Ferguson and Alistair Darling are hell-bent on destroying England?s national football team by cooking up a Scots-dominated British side ? all done under the auspices of (Mac)British ?unity?, but clearly due to the McSpongers hatred of an England united under the St George?s flag. In fact the shirts will probably be blue (like the GB cycling kit) and sponsored by Irn Bru or Tennents Super....but if anyone complains, they?re likely to be labelled a racist, despite the fact the English are discriminated against every day by the McLiebour govt.

And, just like all the free prescriptions, free bus travel and free NHS care north of the border which is unavailable in England, every penny of this Team GB farce will be funded entirely by the English taxpayer.

English not British.

499545481_3756949c44.jpg?v=0

Dr. Bapswent

Hoy etc. are described here as ‘Scotland’s Olympic medal heroes’ in this article, in which anything remotely Scottish-related is pushed to the fore….

….whereas in this story about Rebecca Adlington, the words ‘England’ or ‘English’ are nowhere to be found:

(In fact, you’ll note I found the latter on the ‘BBC Nottingham’ section, the former on ‘BBC Scotland’. Surprise, surprise, there is no actual BBC England, such is the level of anti-English feeling at the pro-Scottish, Labour-dominated BBC…)

But not content with trying to wipe England off the map completely, and break it up into ‘Regions’, the McMafia-dominated BBC is now firmly behind this ‘Team GB’ football nonsense. Vehemently anti-English Scots such as Gordon Brown, Alex Ferguson and Alistair Darling are hell-bent on destroying England’s national football team by cooking up a Scots-dominated British side – all done under the auspices of (Mac)British ‘unity’, but clearly due to the McSpongers hatred of an England united under the St George’s flag. In fact the shirts will probably be blue (like the GB cycling kit) and sponsored by Irn Bru or Tennents Super....but if anyone complains, they’re likely to be labelled a racist, despite the fact the English are discriminated against every day by the McLiebour govt.

English not British.

Guff.

The issue your blabbing on about is the fact that ALL UK sportsmen are considered English by default, and therefore do not need any special mentions.

Only when a non-English sportsman is recognized is the need to mention their nationality required.

Now tell me where the discrimination lies.

Miller Jambo 60

English not British.

I feel like a good spew over ENGLAND MA HA

I would like to share my 2p and say the only reason that there is lots of different BBC regions down south and only one up here is THERE IS NO ONE IN HALF OUR FECKIN COUNTRY! In my opinion the reason we have one news etc for the whole country and they have separate isn't because the BBC is pro-Scotland etc, it is actually the opposite. They can't be ar$ed with us and we don't matter.

But of course, this is JUST MY OPINION :)

louise, i like your posts honey

not bad for a barbie with a brain.

and can you pm me the prescription thing as my sis is asthmatic and this may be of interest to her

louise, i like your posts honey

not bad for a barbie with a brain.

and can you pm me the prescription thing as my sis is asthmatic and this may be of interest to her

Thanks my love, you have a PM :)

coppercrutch
Guff.

The issue your blabbing on about is the fact that ALL UK sportsmen are considered English by default, and therefore do not need any special mentions.

Only when a non-English sportsman is recognized is the need to mention their nationality required.

Now tell me where the discrimination lies.

Being completely honest - when I hear of a UK/British sportsman (Or person Bapswent you sexist pig..:P) I don't give a **** what part of the country they come from. They are representing the UK/Britain.

Perhaps some people think differently. I know many that don't.

Also most English people are more than happy for their sportsmen to be described as British. In Scotland it is more like the opposite.

So in fairness whether a troll or not the OP makes a few reasonable points.

As for the rest of the OP's chat...:eek:

CH, get a pre-payment certificate from any pharamcist, ?17 for 4 months and as much medicine as you want. Sickly kids like myself rely on these big time, PM me if you need to know more!

Then if your like me, once you've got the certificate then keep ordering repeat prescriptions every couple of weeks for the 4 months and then you don't need another one for the rest of the year :)

English not British.

Hmmm............. http://www.bbc.co.uk/england/

I P Knightley
Being completely honest - when I hear of a UK/British sportsman (Or person Bapswent you sexist pig..:P) I don't give a **** what part of the country they come from. They are representing the UK/Britain.

Perhaps some people think differently. I know many that don't.

Also most English people are more than happy for their sportsmen to be described as British. In Scotland it is more like the opposite.

So in fairness whether a troll or not the OP makes a few reasonable points.

As for the rest of the OP's chat...:eek:

How does this square with the BBC reporting that Lewis Hamilton is an Englishman?

I feel bad thatI'm adding fuel to the OP's fire here.

Stewart MacD

Unfortunately, when Britain comes up, the automatic default position is Engerland. Fair enough, they have 50m people.

In future, we can have a mature, friendly relationship with them, just as the RoI does, despite all the travails imposed on that country by the English over the centuries.

coppercrutch
How does this square with the BBC reporting that Lewis Hamilton is an Englishman?

I feel bad thatI'm adding fuel to the OP's fire here.

I have also heard him described numerous times as British. I have also heard Coulthard described as Scottish. I have also heard Coulthard described as British. :rolleyes:

The only people who get annoyed with any of the above are Scottish. That is a fact - and that is why we have a stupid chip on our shoulders in this country.

I have also heard him described numerous times as British. I have also heard Coulthard described as Scottish. I have also heard Coulthard described as British. :rolleyes:

The only people who get annoyed with any of the above are Scottish. That is a fact - and that is why we have a stupid chip on our shoulders in this country.

The OP seems annoyed.

What nationality is the OP?

The Mighty Thor
The OP seems annoyed.

Oooops!

Another argument Belgrano'd.:)

Not strictly true. I know of many English people who get offended by the above as well, as do Welsh and some Northern Irish. To limit this exclusively to Scotland, is incorrect and dare I say, a tad naive.

English not British.

Because mate we are a highly self obsessed nation. It is pathetic

The OP is clearly on the wind up but I fear most of what he says is the truth

I can 100% understand the resentment that is starting to resonate within the English

We are starting to be a rogue nation. We take what best suits us and spit out the rest.

I love my coutry but am truly ashamed at what we are becoming.

Do you see our brave soldiers getting burried with Saltires, St David's or St George's flags over there coffins?

The fight and die to restore and upkeep the Greatness of Britain.

We should not be so worried about where 'our' sprts people come from, whether it be Hull, Cardiff, London or Stornoway, they represent us as one.

If we were all to unite it would be simply staggering what we truly could do. I'm excited about British prospects, i'm proud of what we have achieved in the past and looking forward to what we may achieve in the future.

Rule Britania

As it says here, this was England's greatest Olympics for over 100 years, but the McJockBrits certainly wouldn't allow you to say that - despite the fact the success was only possible because of English lottery money....

http://www.crossofstgeorge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21807

You are now beginning to be an erse!!!

England's Lottery money!!!!!!!!!!! we play it up here and the Welsh play it also.

You obviously are not a Jambo(never once posted in the terrace) and you just sign up to JKB as a forum to vent your hatred towards the Scots.

I imagine you have never even been here before. With the exception of Glasgow we are pretty decent. We have our fair share of **** up here, trust me but no more than other countries.

Do you have a skinhead p'chance?you probably hate the 'Jocks', the '*******', the 'chinks', infact anyone that isn't white English.

As it says here, this was England's greatest Olympics for over 100 years, but the McJockBrits certainly wouldn't allow you to say that - despite the fact the success was only possible because of English lottery money....

http://www.crossofstgeorge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21807

That forum is quite startling

It is the reason I hate nationalism. you are entitled to it, believe me we have Scottish nationlaists on here who are just like you, but it is quite pathetic

you are the toggie88 of England

You are now beginning to be an erse!!!...

Only beginning?

That forum is quite startling

It is the reason I hate nationalism. you are entitled to it, believe me we have Scottish nationlaists on here who are just like you, but it is quite pathetic

you are the toggie88 of England

Toggie88 can actually construct an argument and contribute to a debate.

This clown just comes on with his anti-sweaty sock pish with the crap that's on that site.

All this English Lottery BS.

He's either looking for someone to bite so he can run back to St George is very, very cross.com and boast of how he wound those daft jocks up or he's someone who spent too much time being buggered at his public school instead of actually paying attention in class.

Say What Again

Hi Louise

Could you PM me the details of the ?17 pre-paid prescription please? I get about a million tablets a month and actually use a pre payment card - but I'm sure the last time I bought one (about 3 months ago) it cost me approx ?30.

Cheers.

coppercrutch
The OP seems annoyed.

Fair point. :)

Should have said 'mostly' rather than 'only'.

You get my point though ? There are a huge number of Scots who have a serious chip on their shoulder. Of course there are a few from England too.

It is the 'Big country' next door syndrome.

Canada and NZ have it. I have lived in both places and it is pretty similar. I just find it a little petty.

I just don't understand how anyone could get annoyed at Coulthard being called 'British' one day then just ignore the fact he gets called 'Scottish' the next day. It does happen.

I don't get the big deal. :confused:

PS - SouthLondonJambo is the Toggie of the South !!

I'm glad this has been pointed out.

I don't agree with the OP, in fact the complete opposite. Why is it England is defined by it's region and the whole of Scotland is just lumped into one???

Scotland is a diverse nation. Shetland is a lot different to Shettleston. The Western Isles are a lot different to Wester Hailes.

I'm glad this has been pointed out.

I don't agree with the OP, in fact the complete opposite. Why is it England is defined by it's region and the whole of Scotland is just lumped into one???

Scotland is a diverse nation. Shetland is a lot different to Shettleston. The Western Isles are a lot different to Wester Hailes.

Toggie meet southlondonjambo

southlondonjambo meet toggie

Currently Scotland generates 8.8% of BBC revenues in licence fees and only receives 5.7% of the revenues raised.

FACT.

coppercrutch
Currently Scotland generates 8.8% of BBC revenues in licence fees and only receives 5.7% of the revenues raised.

FACT.

When you say 'only receives 5.7% of the revenues raised' what do you mean ?

When you say 'only receives 5.7% of the revenues raised' what do you mean ?

Don't you know? We are only allowed to watch River City and Beechgrove Garden up here.

tommythejambo
Don't you know? We are only allowed to watch River City and Beechgrove Garden up here.

Surely he means for making programmes.

Can't think of many Scottish made programmes off teh top of my head.

Surely he means for making programmes.

Can't think of many Scottish made programmes off teh top of my head.

Really? You could be onto something.

While I can think of a few Scottish-made programmes, I can think of none that I would want to watch.

coppercrutch

Indeed. I think Toggie, in his great desire to show how we are all done over by the English ,has scored a serious own goal. :)

So for 8.8% of the revenues we get our own specialist channel, some gaelic programmes and access to pretty much everything else.

Doesn't sound like a bad deal to me...

southlondonjambo

So for 8.8% of the revenues we get our own specialist channel, some gaelic programmes and access to pretty much everything else.

Doesn't sound like a bad deal to me...

Indeed - and why end the party, when someone else is paying for it all?

The OP is bang on. The English are comfortable with identity and, as they're not small minded racists/bigots, have no reason to get over excited in the way the Scots nationalists do.

Indeed. I think Toggie, in his great desire to show how we are all done over by the English ,has scored a serious own goal. :)

The Togster will be on to clarify matters just as soon as Fat Alex has told him what to say. :)

coppercrutch
The Togster will be on to clarify matters just as soon as Fat Alex has told him what to say. :)

I think the Togster has realised he has been sucked in by his blinkered view on this one !!

His 'FACT' clearly shows that the English are seriously subsidising us Scottish when it comes to the BBC.

Whoever would have thought Toggie would come out with that little nugget. :)

I think the Togster has realised he has been sucked in by his blinkered view on this one !!

Sadly, the Togster only realises what Fat Alex tells him to realise. :o

I've told him on many many occasions he needs to start thinking for hismelf and questioning ideas from all sides, but he just doesn't get it. His classic was the "100 top Scottish businesses support the SNP" debacle. I almost felt sorry for him with that one....:o

Southlondonjambo and Therapist in the same thread? If we can get ImaMaroon to pop in we could have our very own trollorama.

Archived