Hoy is Scottish, but why no 'English Olympic Heroes'???

southlondonjambo

The Mighty Thor
The OP is bang on. The English are comfortable with identity and, as they're not small minded racists/bigots, have no reason to get over excited in the way the Scots nationalists do.

Wow.

That particular sentence could spawn a 10 pager on it's own.

I know you actually believe that to be the case and i'm sure you have extensive knowledge of these traits from your travels with Chelsea FC whose fans are reknowned for their comfort in their own identity and their tolerance of others.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow.

That particular sentence could spawn a 10 pager on it's own.

I know you actually believe that to be the case and i'm sure you have extensive knowledge of these traits from your travels with Chelsea FC whose fans are reknowned for their comfort in their own identity and their tolerance of others.

Really disappointed to see a fellow biker having a pop at me.

I have many many English friends and I find it incredibly embarrassing that they believe the Scots nation hate them. Not just want political independence - actually hate them.

As for Chelsea FC, I can't remember the last time there was any trouble at a Chelsea FC game.

The Mighty Thor
Really disappointed to see a fellow biker having a pop at me.

I have many many English friends and I find it incredibly embarrassing that they believe the Scots nation hate them. Not just want political independence - actually hate them.

As for Chelsea FC, I can't remember the last time there was any trouble at a Chelsea FC game.

You know me, like to keep you on your toes!! ;)

I have a lot of english friends and even more english colleagues and i get it tight as i'm the token 'Sweaty'. do any of them think we hate them? No. Do i think they hate me/us? No.

It's all about perspective and with the greatest respect if you communicate with your english friends about your fellow Scots in the way you do on here then yes i'm quite sure you have convinced them that most Scots hate them.

We both know that this is a myth, one perpetuated by people with an agenda, self determination does not equate to hatred of our near neighbours.

It's all very Daily Mail all this nonsense.

if you communicate with your english friends about your fellow Scots in the way you do on here then yes i'm quite sure you have convinced them that most Scots hate them.

I don't communicate anything to them with regard to this matter as I'm too embarrassed to bring it up. Unfortunately they pick most of it up from the press and media - particularly the Tartan Army and politicians like Salmond.

Those that have visited receive a great welcome, but it's all about perception and I don't think Scotland does itself any favours in this regard in terms of our English neighbours.

The Mighty Thor
I don't communicate anything to them with regard to this matter as I'm too embarrassed to bring it up. Unfortunately they pick most of it up from the press and media - particularly the Tartan Army and politicians like Salmond.

Those that have visited receive a great welcome, but it's all about perception and I don't think Scotland does itself any favours in this regard in terms of our English neighbours.

Mate the Tartan Army are paragons of virtue when compared to the English hooligan hoardes that have laid waste to most European capitals over the last 2 decades.

The press are guilty of merde stirring. the English media are culpable in this and i have had personal experience of this on many occasions. All the national papers print a Scottish edition which is basically the main body of the newspaper with a couple of pages of Scottish news and a couple of pages of Scottish sport. I've read the Daily mail in London on the flight back to Edinburgh and there have been some very negative articles on topics like the barnet formula yet when you pick up the Scottish Daily mail surprisingly the article isn't there.

I think most English people couldn't give a hoot about our parliament and i am quite sure very very few of them would give anything Alex Salmond has to say a second thought.

Again with respect, I think you are colouring things very much with your own intense dislike of all things Salmond and Tartan Army.

It's not the majority view, it's your view and your entitled to hold it. :rolleyes:

Mate the Tartan Army are paragons of virtue when compared to the English hooligan hoardes that have laid waste to most European capitals over the last 2 decades.

I can't think of an English fan related incident for quite some time. The last international trouble was before the Japan/Korea world cup.

The Mighty Thor
I can't think of an English fan related incident for quite some time. The last international trouble was before the Japan/Korea world cup.

Without trying too hard;

Germany 2006.

http://marathonpundit.blogspot.com/2006/06/first-world-cup-soccer-hooligans.html

I'm quite sure there have been incidents during the Euro 08 campaign and if i looked hard enough i'd find them.

Without trying too hard;

Germany 2006.

http://marathonpundit.blogspot.com/2006/06/first-world-cup-soccer-hooligans.html

I'm quite sure there have been incidents during the Euro 08 campaign and if i looked hard enough i'd find them.

Yeah, you're spot on. I'm sure Hearts have never had three fans arrested on the way to or from a game. :rolleyes:

No, wait! I can recall a recent incident where a whole trainful of Herats fans got detained. What do you make of that?

Chip Douglas
Yeah, you're spot on. I'm sure Hearts have never had three fans arrested on the way to or from a game. :rolleyes:

No, wait! I can recall a recent incident where a whole trainful of Herats fans got detained. What do you make of that?

Probably a carriage full of Chelsea sympathisers.

Probably a carriage full of Chelsea sympathisers.

Wrong. Two carriages of Hearts fans.

The Mighty Thor

Were you on the train? If so then i can understand the need to detain the whole train ;):)

The behaviour of the engerlund knuckle-draggers is totally off topic anyhow but there is little in the way of defence any neutral can offer regarding their behaviour over the last 20 years.

I'm delighted to hear your English friends enjoyed their visits to Scotland and were shwon the hospitality Scots are reknowned for, despite your dire predictions.

chester copperpot

I think most on this thread are wrong.

I have many friends, family and colleagues who are English, and none of them feel that we hate them.

Always find it highly amusing when Scots support Germany over England. Kind of shows us up a bit.

Were you on the train?

Yes. But as I had done nothing wrong they had no option but to let me off at Haymarket along with a few others. The rest got taken to Waverley so they could work out who the bad chaps were.

The Mighty Thor
Yes. But as I had done nothing wrong they had no option but to let me off at Haymarket along with a few others. The rest got taken to Waverley so they could work out who the bad chaps were.

I wasn't for a minute suggesting that you had done anything wrong. it was a glib remark for comedy value. That worked well then. :sad:

southlondonjambo
Do i think they hate me/us? No.

Well, you're wrong - we hate you too, and can't wait to get shot of you.

Come to think of it, shouldn't you be out looking for a job, instead of waiting for the next shipment of free English cash to pour down your throat?

Come to think of it, shouldn't you be out looking for a job, instead of waiting for the next shipment of free English cash to pour down your throat?

If you hated us that much you wouldn't be on here all the time.

You'd be on St George is very, very cross.com greeting like a wee lassie about us sponging jocks.

The Mighty Thor

I have a job thanks. I work in clinical research.

I'm currently working on isolating the stupidity gene. I think you should volunteer, you appear to be a rich source.

My grandad was from South London, The family left "the old country" to get away from all the morons down there.

coppercrutch
Currently Scotland generates 8.8% of BBC revenues in licence fees and only receives 5.7% of the revenues raised.

FACT.

Hello ? Toggie out there............

You got a problem with your broadband or something ?

If you are simply going to ignore the fact you have scored an almighty own goal with the above there is no point ever debating the subject again.

Someone who can't admit they are wrong does not deserve debate.

:)

Spot the difference in these two stories.....

Hoy etc. are described here as ?Scotland?s Olympic medal heroes? in this article, in which anything remotely Scottish-related is pushed to the fore?.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/7577919.stm

?.whereas in this story about Rebecca Adlington, the words ?England? or ?English? are nowhere to be found:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/nottinghamshire/7581071.stm

(In fact, you?ll note I found the latter on the ?BBC Nottingham? section, the former on ?BBC Scotland?. Surprise, surprise, there is no actual BBC England, such is the level of anti-English feeling at the pro-Scottish, Labour-dominated BBC?)

In my view it's a natural reaction for Scottish broadcasters to push the Scottish angles born out of years of undermining of Scottish identity and culture by the BBC. If Scotland was independent there would be less stridency and a more relaxed and mature relationship between our two countries.

The BBC's England website

http://www.bbc.co.uk/england/

lists some 45 English regional identities, where we have just one "regional" BBC Scotland for the whole country. This is reflected in the quality of news reporting here as well where it's a common occurrence for ANY news story in Scotland to be covered by a sole Scotland correspondent.

The rest of the OP's rantings are just a wind up.

Currently Scotland generates 8.8% of BBC revenues in licence fees and only receives 5.7% of the revenues raised.

FACT.

I think the Togster has realised he has been sucked in by his blinkered view on this one !!

His 'FACT' clearly shows that the English are seriously subsidising us Scottish when it comes to the BBC.

Whoever would have thought Toggie would come out with that little nugget. :)

I don't see how this is an own goal. It clearly illustrates that the BBC spends proportionally more in England than in Scotland. I would happily do without the wall to wall Eastenders, royal family pish and cricket on every news bulletin.

coppercrutch

I don't see how this is an own goal. It clearly illustrates that the BBC spends proportionally more in England than in Scotland. I would happily do without the wall to wall Eastenders, royal family pish and cricket on every news bulletin.

Can I ask what the weather is like on your planet :eek:

What it clearly shows is that we get access to about 90% (Guestimate) of the BBC's productions and only provide 8% of the funding.

Only an SNP supporter could see that as a bad deal.

The tunnel vision of these people is staggering...:eek:

Can I ask what the weather is like on your planet :eek:

What it clearly shows is that we get access to about 90% (Guestimate) of the BBC's productions and only provide 8% of the funding.

Only an SNP supporter could see that as a bad deal.

The tunnel vision of these people is staggering...:eek:

It's fine..... bit overcast but dry, should be good for the Hamilton game :eek:

We should provide 100% of the funding and buy in stuff that we want be it from England or anywhere else. 90% of something that you don't want in the first place is such a good deal.

coppercrutch
It's fine..... bit overcast but dry, should be good for the Hamilton game :eek:

We should provide 100% of the funding and buy in stuff that we want be it from England or anywhere else. 90% of something that you don't want in the first place is such a good deal.

So you would prefer that Scottish TV had simply the stuff we produce ourselves...:eek:

Seriously the fact that Toggie, Mr Argumentative, has not even returned to this thread should give you a hint.

Massive own goal. I actually can't beleive you are not admitting this.:eek:

I would guess that you are clinically close to a 'brainwashed' stage.

Hello JKB!

Sorry guys, been away working and what not.

It is quite clearly not an own goal here. In fact the only own this week has ben GB on a GB Olympic Team.

We give more money than we get back from the BBC. Like we give more money than we get back from the Union.

The South East of England gets DOUBLE what it contributes.

I have many friends, family and colleagues who are English, and none of them feel that we hate them.

Always find it highly amusing when Scots support Germany over England. Kind of shows us up a bit.

How? What's wrong with supporting Germany?

In my mind they are just another nation, like England.

coppercrutch
Hello JKB!

Sorry guys, been away working and what not.

It is quite clearly not an own goal here. In fact the only own this week has ben GB on a GB Olympic Team.

We give more money than we get back from the BBC. Like we give more money than we get back from the Union.

The South East of England gets DOUBLE what it contributes.

What about everything else 'we' get back.

The news, Eastenders, the Olympics - Does that not exist in your parallel universe. :rolleyes:

As I said only an SNP supporter could see this deal for Scotland as a bad thing.

By denying you made a boo boo of this one does you no favours Toggie.

It is ok to admit when you are wrong.

What about everything else 'we' get back.

The news, Eastenders, the Olympics - Does that not exist in your parallel universe. :rolleyes:

As I said only an SNP supporter could see this deal for Scotland as a bad thing.

By denying you made a boo boo of this one does you no favours Toggie.

It is ok to admit when you are wrong.

So how do other regions get The news, Eastenderes, the Olympics...but still get more than they contribute.

The beeb spends proportionally more in England than in Scotland. FACT.

Jesus, you'd defend the bear with his hand still in the jar.

coppercrutch
So how do other regions get The news, Eastenderes, the Olympics...but still get more than they contribute.

The beeb spends proportionally more in England than in Scotland. FACT.

Jesus, you'd defend the bear with his hand still in the jar.

No it doesn't - you are delusional !!

I will give you a clue. See the first B in the BBC - what does that stand for. :rolleyes:

In Scotland we not only get SCOTTISH programmes but we also get BRITISH programmes.

We pay 8% of the total and get back about 90%. Please explain how the **** that is a bad deal.

I truly think you may need to see a psychiatrist. You are brainwashed.

Dont see why Andy.

Theyre both countries that our country has been in conflict with in the past, and theyre both countries that we are now in 'union' with.

I find it amusing that people on here think not supporting our nearest neighbours in international sporting competitions is wrong but not supporting our nearest neighbours in a club sense is right.

I dont discriminate on that front. I always hope hubz and ingerland get pumped.

Indeed - and why end the party, when someone else is paying for it all?

Sorry mods for the following:

Southlondonjambo you are beginning to get on my nerves. You are a grade A

Firstly I understand how England have resentment to us, we do take the pi*s

You however are just being damn right disrespectful. You come into our place (JKB) posing as a 'Jambo' intent on only one thing. Slagging us off.

You are not a Jambo so why don't you just go to the top right of this page click' log out' and never come on here again

We (as Scots) owe you and the English **** ALL!!! and likewise you owe us nothing.

We pay our way and earn our crust. We have our fair share of filth up here but no more so than England.

Fortunately having lived down south, I have many great friends from your great country. I like England and I like the people. I am comfortable in the knowledge that you are in the minority.

I don't like you, you are a kn0b!!!

Scotland is a fine country (except Weegies) and we have contributed greatly to our great Union.

:loser:

How? What's wrong with supporting Germany?

In my mind they are just another nation, like England.

I love england losing, but in a fun way

You Toggie want England to lose as you hate them FACT

You and Southlondonjambo are two little peas in a racist pod

So you would prefer that Scottish TV had simply the stuff we produce ourselves...:eek:

Seriously the fact that Toggie, Mr Argumentative, has not even returned to this thread should give you a hint.

Massive own goal. I actually can't beleive you are not admitting this.:eek:

I would guess that you are clinically close to a 'brainwashed' stage.

No it doesn't - you are delusional !!

I will give you a clue. See the first B in the BBC - what does that stand for. :rolleyes:

In Scotland we not only get SCOTTISH programmes but we also get BRITISH programmes.

We pay 8% of the total and get back about 90%. Please explain how the **** that is a bad deal.

I truly think you may need to see a psychiatrist. You are brainwashed.

It seems anyone who doesn't share your opinion has been "brainwashed".

Oh well if you can't counter the arguments resort to name-calling :rolleyes:

coppercrutch
It seems anyone who doesn't share your opinion has been "brainwashed".

Oh well if you can't counter the arguments resort to name-calling :rolleyes:

Eh no. Anyone who clearly argues the most ridiculous point, simply based on their beliefs that have been rammed into them - I would class as being brainwashed.

Explain to me how 'us' paying 8.8% of the BBC's total and getting about 90% of the product back is a bad deal.

If you do you are brainwashed. FACT. :P

Eh no. Anyone who clearly argues the most ridiculous point, simply based on their beliefs that have been rammed into them - I would class as being brainwashed.

Explain to me how 'us' paying 8.8% of the BBC's total and getting about 90% of the product back is a bad deal.

If you do you are brainwashed. FACT. :P

Where are you getting this 90% figure from. You have just made up - it's plucked from the big grey unionist sky of lies isn't it?

Official statistics gained through the Freedom of Information Act shows that Scotland contributes 8% and gets back 5.9%.

I believe the majority of JKB would agree that it was you arguing the most ridiculous point.

BURN!!

coppercrutch
Where are you getting this 90% figure from. You have just made up - it's plucked from the big grey unionist sky of lies isn't it?

Official statistics gained through the Freedom of Information Act shows that Scotland contributes 8% and gets back 5.9%.

I believe the majority of JKB would agree that it was you arguing the most ridiculous point.

BURN!!

Yes 90% is a guesstimate. What would you put it at ? Scotland gets access to the vast majority of BBC programmes.

How about you tell us how much the English put towards the License fee. Then how about you tell us what percentage BBC ENGLAND gets in return.

Thanks in advance.

You are brainwashed.

coppercrutch

BURN!!

Why do you talk such nonsense !!!

SCOTTISH PEOPLE give 8%, BBC SCOTLAND gets 5.9%.

Can you grasp the difference ? Considering we are talking about the BRITISH Broadcasting Corporation ?

coppercrutch

The BBC's England website

http://www.bbc.co.uk/england/

lists some 45 English regional identities, where we have just one "regional" BBC Scotland for the whole country. This is reflected in the quality of news reporting here as well where it's a common occurrence for ANY news story in Scotland to be covered by a sole Scotland correspondent.

Funny that. I must have just imagined the following.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/highlandsandislands/

Yes 90% is a guesstimate. What would you put it at ? Scotland gets access to the vast majority of BBC programmes.

How about you tell us how much the English put towards the License fee. Then how about you tell us what percentage BBC ENGLAND gets in return.

Thanks in advance.

You are brainwashed.

So it is a guesstimation. Thanks for admitting blatant lying.

I don't see the difference between Scottish people and Scotland. The Scottish people make up Scotland*. I also didn't use the phrase 'Scottish people' once, you did.

Well considering Scotland contributes 8%, I guess the rest of the UK puts in 92%. AND considering Scotland gets 5.9%, I'm guessing that they get 94.1% - I'm no maths teacher though.

*When I say Scottish people I include Scots, Irish, Welsh, English, Pakistanis, Poles - everyone who resides in Scotland.

P.S I'm not brainwashed. I just don't talk down by nation. Thanks for letting me know your bigoted views though.

coppercrutch
So it is a guesstimation. Thanks for admitting blatant lying.

I don't see the difference between Scottish people and Scotland. The Scottish people make up Scotland*. I also didn't use the phrase 'Scottish people' once, you did.

Well considering Scotland contributes 8%, I guess the rest of the UK puts in 92%. AND considering Scotland gets 5.9%, I'm guessing that they get 94.1% - I'm no maths teacher though.

*When I say Scottish people I include Scots, Irish, Welsh, English, Pakistanis, Poles - everyone who resides in Scotland.

P.S I'm not brainwashed. I just don't talk down by nation. Thanks for letting me know your bigoted views though.

So it took you 9 hours to come up with that. You simply could just admit you made a mistake. Would be a lot easier.

'They' get 94.1% !! This is laughable !! So 'Scotland' doesn't get the news does it ? 'Scotland' doesn't get Panorama does it ? 'Scotland' doesn't get Eastenders does it ?

I asked a simple questions - now answer them or shut up:

You said you have access to the figures, so tell us :

HOW MUCH DO ENGLISH RESIDENTS CONTRIBUTE TO THE BBC BUDGET?

HOW MUCH DOES BBC ENGLAND GET FROM THE BBC BUDGET?

Do you want me to spell it out to you - to save you the time ?

BBC Scotland gets less back than Scottish residents put in.

BBC England gets less back than English residents put in.

BBC Wales gets less back than Welsh residents put in.

BBC Northern Ireland gets less back than the Northern Irish residents put in.

Wow !! How can this be ?!! So unfair to them all !!

No not at all. In fact each region puts money in for its own particular programmes AND ALSO FOR GENERAL PROGRAMMES THAT WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR EVERYONE WITHIN THE UK.

Is that so difficult to understand ? Seriously you can have semi-decent debates sometimes but this is just frankly embarrassing. I am embarrassed for you. Seriously.

So it took you 9 hours to come up with that. You simply could just admit you made a mistake. Would be a lot easier.

'They' get 94.1% !! This is laughable !! So 'Scotland' doesn't get the news does it ? 'Scotland' doesn't get Panorama does it ? 'Scotland' doesn't get Eastenders does it ?

I asked a simple questions - now answer them or shut up:

You said you have access to the figures, so tell us :

HOW MUCH DO ENGLISH RESIDENTS CONTRIBUTE TO THE BBC BUDGET?

HOW MUCH DOES BBC ENGLAND GET FROM THE BBC BUDGET?

Do you want me to spell it out to you - to save you the time ?

BBC Scotland gets less back than Scottish residents put in.

BBC England gets less back than English residents put in.

BBC Wales gets less back than Welsh residents put in.

BBC Northern Ireland gets less back than the Northern Irish residents put in.

Wow !! How can this be ?!! So unfair to them all !!

No not at all. In fact each region puts money in for its own particular programmes AND ALSO FOR GENERAL PROGRAMMES THAT WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR EVERYONE WITHIN THE UK.

Is that so difficult to understand ? Seriously you can have semi-decent debates sometimes but this is just frankly embarrassing. I am embarrassed for you. Seriously.

No it never took me 9 hours, it took 2 minutes - I do have a life outside this virtual debating chamber.

I believe I've only answered your 'bolded' question through the wonder that is mathematics.

Scotland does gets the news. Scotland does get East Enders. Scotland also gets Newsnight, I suggest you give that one a try sometime - just once in a while, stick it on in the background.

Since you claim that all nations get less than they put it (I'm not disputing this BUT), could you please show me where you got your facts from. I expect a reputable source...well, I don't - but if you could give it a whirl it be fab.

Out of interest, how is the amount that Scotland (or any other region/country/howeveryouwanttoclassifyit) "gets" quantified? Can anyone clarify?

coppercrutch
No it never took me 9 hours, it took 2 minutes - I do have a life outside this virtual debating chamber.

I believe I've only answered your 'bolded' question through the wonder that is mathematics.

Scotland does gets the news. Scotland does get East Enders. Scotland also gets Newsnight, I suggest you give that one a try sometime - just once in a while, stick it on in the background.

Since you claim that all nations get less than they put it (I'm not disputing this BUT), could you please show me where you got your facts from. I expect a reputable source...well, I don't - but if you could give it a whirl it be fab.

You are the one who has access to this information through the freedom of information act. I take it you bothered to get it for all the regions and not just Scotland...:rolleyes:

Now it is a fact that each area gets less than they put in - and you don't need any detailed breakdown to show it. Of course each area gets less back for their regional programmes than they 'put in'.

If they didn't just who would pay for all the 'UK wide' shows...

The Tooth Fairy..:P

coppercrutch
Out of interest, how is the amount that Scotland (or any other region/country/howeveryouwanttoclassifyit) "gets" quantified? Can anyone clarify?

I imagine in their annual reports budgets are shown with regional breakdowns of revenue ? Regional TV gets 10%, digital radio gets 4% etc....

Who knows.

I imagine in their annual reports budgets are shown with regional breakdowns of revenue ? Regional TV gets 10%, digital radio gets 4% etc....

Who knows.

The proportion of total licence fees that come from Scottish households is straightforward. This concept of Scotland "getting" X% or Y% is something I can't get my head round. As I alluded to in a previous post, it's not as if all we can watch in Scotland is programmes made by BBC Scotland.

coppercrutch
The proportion of total licence fees that come from Scottish households is straightforward. This concept of Scotland "getting" X% or Y% is something I can't get my head round. As I alluded to in a previous post, it's not as if all we can watch in Scotland is programmes made by BBC Scotland.

I think Toggie was referring to how much BBC Scotland gets, rather than how much 'we' the Scottish people get get. Because as you say it is difficult to put an actual figure on that. One thing is certain though. We don't exactly do badly out of it...

portobellojambo1
Being completely honest - when I hear of a UK/British sportsman (Or person Bapswent you sexist pig..:P) I don't give a **** what part of the country they come from. They are representing the UK/Britain.

Also most English people are more than happy for their sportsmen to be described as British. In Scotland it is more like the opposite.

Agree with you totally. And it was noticeable when watching the coverage of the games that the only commentators/presenters who mentioned individual nationality were those of a Scottish or Welsh background, which in truth I found totally pathetic, but not unexpected.

I was proud of all who won medals for GB.

I at no point felt the need to break them down into individual nations, only small minded people tend to do such things.

Agree with you totally. And it was noticeable when watching the coverage of the games that the only commentators/presenters who mentioned individual nationality were those of a Scottish or Welsh background, which in truth I found totally pathetic, but not unexpected.

I was proud of all who won medals for GB.

I at no point felt the need to break them down into individual nations, only small minded people tend to do such things.

I understand where you are coming from but surely the people of Barnsley, for instance, are interested in their athletes so there is a local dimension. Anyway, in the Olympic spirit, why do nations compete at all, just let it be individuals? :rolleyes:

I think Toggie was referring to how much BBC Scotland gets, rather than how much 'we' the Scottish people get get. Because as you say it is difficult to put an actual figure on that. One thing is certain though. We don't exactly do badly out of it...

Yeah, that is what I was guessing. In that case, he'd do well to consider that the licence fee is paid by the viewers (not BBC Scotland), and thus the comparison of licence fee payments with the funds BBC Scotland receive is actually a bit of a red herring.

You are the one who has access to this information through the freedom of information act. I take it you bothered to get it for all the regions and not just Scotland...:rolleyes:

Now it is a fact that each area gets less than they put in - and you don't need any detailed breakdown to show it. Of course each area gets less back for their regional programmes than they 'put in'.

If they didn't just who would pay for all the 'UK wide' shows...

The Tooth Fairy..:P

Everybody has access to figures via the freedom of information act. I didn't put in the FOI for the figures.

It's not FACT. If you want to lie your way through a debate then that's fine, pathetic, but fine as people see through it.

I don't believe there is any 'UK wide' shows as they all have to get made by a body i.e BBC Mancherster, BBC Scotland, BBC Cymru etc.

This is getting boring. The lines have been drawn in the verbal sand with both us equally stubborn and unwilling to budge. So...immigration. We need more of it! Go!

Yeah, that is what I was guessing. In that case, he'd do well to consider that the licence fee is paid by the viewers (not BBC Scotland), and thus the comparison of licence fee payments with the funds BBC Scotland receive is actually a bit of a red herring.

Indeed.:)

Everybody has access to figures via the freedom of information act. I didn't put in the FOI for the figures.

It's not FACT. If you want to lie your way through a debate then that's fine, pathetic, but fine as people see through it.

I don't believe there is any 'UK wide' shows as they all have to get made by a body i.e BBC Mancherster, BBC Scotland, BBC Cymru etc.

This is getting boring. The lines have been drawn in the verbal sand with both us equally stubborn and unwilling to budge. So...immigration. We need more of it! Go!

Ok then Toggie. Think we can leave it at that. :eek:

As for immigration - I vote for swapping all of the **** in this country for hard working individuals from any part of the Globe !!

Any takers !!

Archived