Alex Salmond ridiculed, Gordon Brown a fool ( merged threads )

Therapist

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
coppercrutch
Your reference to the BNP raises an interesting point.

If you want to retain the union and the idea of Britain as a political whole, are you a British Nationalist?

That is an interesting point. Is 'Britain' a nation as such ? I am not sure.

Anyway whether it is or not I am simply in support of a situation that has been in place for over 300 years and worked relatively well. Nothing wrong with change in my opinion or taking the odd risk. I just don't think the risk of us going it alone (And even the most ardent SNP fan must admit it is a risk) is worth the potential benefits that may happen.

I am in support of keeping something in place, rather than splitting it up. If that makes me a 'nationalist' then so be it. I am not sure.

As for Salmond I have spoken to a few people about him. He really is doing a poor job of gaining support. With his little comments here and there he is simply pandering to those that will vote for the SNP either way. If he was sensible he would tone it down and try and CONVERT some of those people who are on the fence when it comes to Independence.

When these people hear Salmond talking they instantly go off the idea. He really is scoring an own goal in my opinion. He is simply preaching to the converted and alienating those that may have a slight interest in his policies.

That is why I don't think he is half as smart as some may think.

That is an interesting point. Is 'Britain' a nation as such ? I am not sure.

Anyway whether it is or not I am simply in support of a situation that has been in place for over 300 years and worked relatively well. Nothing wrong with change in my opinion or taking the odd risk. I just don't think the risk of us going it alone (And even the most ardent SNP fan must admit it is a risk) is worth the potential benefits that may happen.

I am in support of keeping something in place, rather than splitting it up. If that makes me a 'nationalist' then so be it. I am not sure...

Which could also be applied to the European Union...

As for Salmond I have spoken to a few people about him. He really is doing a poor job of gaining support. With his little comments here and there he is simply pandering to those that will vote for the SNP either way. If he was sensible he would tone it down and try and CONVERT some of those people who are on the fence when it comes to Independence.

You must have been on holiday when the results of Glasgow East came through.

What you missed was an almost unparallelled 22.5 swing to the SNP. Whilst much of that swing was down to Labours botched campaign and overall meh factor - no-one forced the fence-sitters to vote for Salmond.

Clearly he's doing something right. :)

coppercrutch
You must have been on holiday when the results of Glasgow East came through.

What you missed was an almost unparallelled 22.5 swing to the SNP. Whilst much of that swing was down to Labours botched campaign and overall meh factor - no-one forced the fence-sitters to vote for Salmond.

Clearly he's doing something right. :)

Serious question. How many people do you know that have 'voted for Salmond' ?

I bet you the number is tiny. The guy should be going for the 'maybe' voter. At the moment he is doing the exact opposite. No idea why I am giving you guys advice. :eek:

In all honesty, and I seriously dislike Salmond, he is doing exactly the opposite of what he should be doing.

Funny thing is I reckon most SNP supporters would agree...

He is alienating your potential voters, bad move - and so obvious.

Serious question. How many people do you know that have 'voted for Salmond' ?

Between 50 to 100 .

I bet you the number is tiny. The guy should be going for the 'maybe' voter. At the moment he is doing the exact opposite. No idea why I am giving you guys advice. :eek:

In all honesty, and I seriously dislike Salmond, he is doing exactly the opposite of what he should be doing.

You hide it well :)

Funny thing is I reckon most SNP supporters would agree...

He is alienating your potential voters, bad move - and so obvious.

My earlier point was his very public presence at Glasgow East didn't seem to alienate the electorate, exactly the opposite in fact

coppercrutch
My earlier point was his very public presence at Glasgow East didn't seem to alienate the electorate, exactly the opposite in fact

I think we all know what people were voting against at Glasgow East.

His name is Broon !! Anyway if you know 100 people that vote for Salmond then every single one of them would be likely to vote for the SNP anyway.

I think you must agree with me though ? He is not going about getting his vote increasing the right way. Why bother preaching to the converted. It is the 'maybes' that he should be after. At the moment I can tell you that all the 'maybes' I know despise Salmond and his attitude.

Archived