Alex Salmond ridiculed, Gordon Brown a fool ( merged threads )

Therapist

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the mans a joker

It isnt hard

No doubt he will be using his private limo to take the trip 2 doors along to george street for the victory parties

the mans a joker

He's also an utter embarrassment.

Instead of respecting the performances of our Olympians and letting them enjoy their achievement, he chooses this moment to launch a rather sad attempt to embroil them in a political argument. He has no shame and should make a public apology. :mad:

He's also an utter embarrassment.

Instead of respecting the performances of our Olympians and letting them enjoy their achievement, he chooses this moment to launch a rather sad attempt to embroil them in a political argument. He has no shame and should make a public apology. :mad:

You need to get off the easily offended bus T....ding, ding :cool_shades:

at the end of the day the man is a bigot, he spouts BNP like pish and the only reason he isnt treated like a bigot is because the victims of his rant are not ethnic.

You could guarentee if society was recognised in english as an ethnic minority he would receive the same treatment the BNP do as politicians.

Im all for fair political debate but this man is a total disgrace and seems more content with his bigotry than the good of scotland.

Its only since he got in the true extent of his hatred, as opposed to good political thinking of scotland has become truly clear

at the end of the day the man is a bigot, he spouts BNP like pish and the only reason he isnt treated like a bigot is because the victims of his rant are not ethnic.

You could guarentee if society was recognised in english as an ethnic minority he would receive the same treatment the BNP do as politicians.

Im all for fair political debate but this man is a total disgrace and seems more content with his bigotry than the good of scotland.

Its only since he got in the true extent of his hatred, as opposed to good political thinking of scotland has become truly clear

How does wanting a Scottish team at the Olympics equate with bigotry? :rolleyes:

its more to do with the fact its anti english/britain as opposed to pro scotland imo.

Frankly I am sick of salmonds pish, he if he could would turn this country into englands whipping boy once again.

The sooner he is voted back into obscurity the better

its more to do with the fact its anti english/britain as opposed to pro scotland imo.

Frankly I am sick of salmonds pish, he if he could would turn this country into englands whipping boy once again.

How is wanting a Scottish Olympic team anti English/Britain as opposed to pro Scottish? It's not exactly a total surprise that the leader of the SNP, whose main policy is independence, would support the creation of an independent Scottish Olympic team. That's not anti anything, except the union of course. ;)

The English are not an "ethnic minority" but they are a race as defined by the Race Relations Act, and this has been proven in a court of law. Consequently he should tread warily.

Salmond's also excelled himself when asked about a GB football team. Salmond said PM Brown had been "sent homewards to think again" about his proposal to enter a proper team. Fat Alex harking back to an anti-English song that harks back to a battle that took place in 1314 - hardly the actions of a forward thinking leader. The SNP brigadoon diddies will lap up his words, but to any civilised person he comes over as an insular backward-looking twerp.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/7580113.stm

Fat Alex Salmond - Scotland's shame :mad:

The English are not an "ethnic minority" but they are a race as defined by the Race Relations Act, and this has been proven in a court of law. Consequently he should tread warily.

Salmond's also excelled himself when asked about a GB football team. Salmond said PM Brown had been "sent homewards to think again" about his proposal to enter a proper team. Fat Alex harking back to an anti-English song that harks back to a battle that took place in 1314 - hardly the actions of a forward thinking leader. The SNP brigadoon diddies will lap up his words, but to any civilised person he comes over as an insular backward-looking twerp.

Fat Alex Salmond - Scotland's shame :mad:

I'll bow to your expertise in traditional songs. :whistling:

If you feel so strongly perhaps you should refer him to the appropriate authorities? :cool:

I see a lot of people continue to believe whatever they read and are unable to actually check the facts.

What Chris Hoy has said is that it would be ridiculous with the current level of financial support - highlighting the lack of cash injected by Edinburgh Council into the Velodrome at Meadowbank.

I hope this clears this up.

Since Therapist is appearing to use the Shed as a British Nationalist Campaigning tool I thought I'd balance it up.

BLATTER WARNED AGAINST UK FOOTBALL TEAM IN MARCH

Commenting on Gordon Brown's claim that a UK football team at the next Olympics would not affect the independence of the Scottish national squad, SNP MSP Michael Matheson, a member of the Scottish Parliament's Health and Sport Committee, highlighted comments by FIFA President Sepp Blatter where he said that such a team would put the position of the independent UK associations into question.

On 9th March 2008 Sepp Blatter said:

"If you start to put together a combined team for the Olympic Games, the question will automatically come up that there are four different associations so how can they play in one team.

"If this is the case then why the hell do they have four associations and four votes and their own vice-presidency?

"This will put into question all the privileges that the British associations have been given by the Congress in 1946."

Commenting Mr Matheson said:

"Even in the glow of a superb medals haul for Team GB Gordon Brown cannot help himself but push his narrow British nationality agenda.

"His claims that the independence of the SFA and the other three national associations in the UK will not be threatened do not bear up to scrutiny. No wonder all the national supporters' associations oppose this plan and a majority of the football associations want nothing to do with it.

"As Sepp Blatter has acknowledged, this would raise questions amongst other FIFA members who would ask why Scotland should have its own independent representation in world football.

"Maybe the Prime Minister thinks he can pull the wool over people's eyes by suggesting Sepp Blatter has some absolute power to protect the independence of the UK national associations.

"However, as Mr Blatter's comments in March show, a GB football Olympic side would undermine and jeopardise the Scotland national team's existence. Football is Scotland's national sport and Scots take great pride in supporting their national team – it shows just how out of touch Gordon Brown is that he wants to endanger the Scotland national team's future for the sake of an under-23 tournament."

ENDS

Notes

Sepp Blatter 's comments from 9th March 2008 can be read at the following links:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympics/football/7286011.stm

http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/scotland/Don39t-back-British-team-says.3858830.jp

At the end of the day maybe big alec should stick to proving and convincing the highly sceptical and i would suggest majority of scotland why independence is the way forward and the reasons behind it as opposed to continually making anti union rant after rant.

For me anyone who refuses to justify their stance needs to be shot, the fact this man is in control of our country is worrying, part of me thinks his goal in life is to be able to behead a few english

The SNP to me as a party are a bunch of greasy bigots who given any real authority would destroy scotland, thank christ they can't get their own way

So where does England's "swing low sweet chariot" sit in the scale(sic) of offensive backwards looking songs then? or "Jerusalam"

Pish. The BNP wants to legislate ethnic minorities in the UK differently from ethnic majorities, the SNP does no such thing. There are no 'victims' of his 'rants'.

I see a lot of people continue to believe whatever they read and are unable to actually check the facts.

What Chris Hoy has said is that it would be ridiculous with the current level of financial support - highlighting the lack of cash injected by Edinburgh Council into the Velodrome at Meadowbank.

I hope this clears this up.

Will big Alec be investigating ways round this or is he too busy putting pins in his gordon brown doll?

At the end of the day maybe big alec should stick to proving and convincing the highly sceptical and i would suggest majority of scotland why independence is the way forward and the reasons behind it as opposed to continually making anti union rant after rant.

For me anyone who refuses to justify their stance needs to be shot, the fact this man is in control of our country is worrying, part of me thinks his goal in life is to be able to behead a few english

The SNP to me as a party are a bunch of greasy bigots who given any real authority would destroy scotland, thank christ they can't get their own way

Highlight one anti-English quote for Salmond. Just one.

Salmond's also excelled himself when asked about a GB football team. Salmond said PM Brown had been "sent homewards to think again" about his proposal to enter a proper team. Fat Alex harking back to an anti-English song that harks back to a battle that took place in 1314 - hardly the actions of a forward thinking leader.

Unfortunately, I agree with you. Bannockburn, Braveheart, Bonnie Prince Charlie et al should have no part in the SNP's political campaigning.

I'm sure Alex would argue he's already convinced some given he is now first minister. Being pro independence necessarily makes you anti-union and v/v. The other parties are quite within their rights to be, and are, anti-independence.

The 'beheading the English' comment is just ludicrous and your last is your opinion, though I don't know how many SNP members you know to justify the greasy bigots comment.

Pish. The BNP wants to legislate ethnic minorities in the UK differently from ethnic majorities, the SNP does no such thing. There are no 'victims' of his 'rants'.

Ah, right on cue here's KB's very own Sean Connery. Doesn't live in Scotland but loves the SNP. :rolleyes:

Let's see the usual SNP suspects come out with their normal line that Salmond knows best. :eek:

Well done Chris. You talk perfect sense and you're not willing to be used as a political pawn by Fat Alex. :)

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/latestnews/Chris-Hoy-Scottish-team-in.4422493.jp

..... but are willing to be used as a political pawn by Gobsh*te Broon?

Anyway what he said was that it would be ridiculous to have a Scottish Olympic team "at this stage" because of the lack of training facilities in Scotland. More of an indictment of the consistently poor investment in sporting infrastructure in Scotland over the last 50 years by London-based unionist party UK governments if you ask me. :P

Will big Alec be investigating ways round this or is he too busy putting pins in his gordon brown doll?

Will you stick to the point, or keep posting glib comments? :)

For me anyone who refuses to justify their stance needs to be shot, the fact this man is in control of our country is worrying, part of me thinks his goal in life is to be able to behead a few english The SNP to me as a party are a bunch of greasy bigots who given any real authority would destroy scotland, thank christ they can't get their own way

A worrying number of people on here have suggested the same for Chris Moyles and "Gary Glitter"

Oh and what about other dieties should they not get a say?:hae36:

Ah, right on cue here's KB's very own Sean Connery. Doesn't live in Scotland but loves the SNP. :rolleyes:

As opposed to does live in Scotland but loves the English? ;)

Miller Jambo 60
Since Therapist is appearing to use the Shed as a British Nationalist Campaigning tool I thought I'd balance it up.

BLATTER WARNED AGAINST UK FOOTBALL TEAM IN MARCH

Commenting on Gordon Brown's claim that a UK football team at the next Olympics would not affect the independence of the Scottish national squad, SNP MSP Michael Matheson, a member of the Scottish Parliament's Health and Sport Committee, highlighted comments by FIFA President Sepp Blatter where he said that such a team would put the position of the independent UK associations into question.

On 9th March 2008 Sepp Blatter said:

"If you start to put together a combined team for the Olympic Games, the question will automatically come up that there are four different associations so how can they play in one team.

"If this is the case then why the hell do they have four associations and four votes and their own vice-presidency?

"This will put into question all the privileges that the British associations have been given by the Congress in 1946."

Commenting Mr Matheson said:

"Even in the glow of a superb medals haul for Team GB Gordon Brown cannot help himself but push his narrow British nationality agenda.

"His claims that the independence of the SFA and the other three national associations in the UK will not be threatened do not bear up to scrutiny. No wonder all the national supporters' associations oppose this plan and a majority of the football associations want nothing to do with it.

"As Sepp Blatter has acknowledged, this would raise questions amongst other FIFA members who would ask why Scotland should have its own independent representation in world football.

"Maybe the Prime Minister thinks he can pull the wool over people's eyes by suggesting Sepp Blatter has some absolute power to protect the independence of the UK national associations.

"However, as Mr Blatter's comments in March show, a GB football Olympic side would undermine and jeopardise the Scotland national team's existence. Football is Scotland's national sport and Scots take great pride in supporting their national team ? it shows just how out of touch Gordon Brown is that he wants to endanger the Scotland national team's future for the sake of an under-23 tournament."

ENDS

Notes

Sepp Blatter 's comments from 9th March 2008 can be read at the following links:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympics/football/7286011.stm

http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/scotland/Don39t-back-British-team-says.3858830.jp

Played mate lets get our freedom and boot the labour out sorry tories no they are the same.

Unfortunately, I agree with you. Bannockburn, Braveheart, Bonnie Prince Charlie et al should have no part in the SNP's political campaigning.

Unfortunately the average SNP voter is a dunderheid* who cannot comprehend normal political arguments about economics, law and order, social justice and responsibility, etc. The only thing they understand is stuff about Braveheart, BPC etc because they've watched the movies and creamed their Ys about the brave Scottish** warriors. Without such images the SNP could not communicate or exist.

* Guid Scots word for nincompoop

** Or in BPC's case, cowardly Italian cross-dresser.

As opposed to does live in Scotland but loves the English? ;)

It sounds like you're saying that if you live in Scotland /are Scottish, you must automatically hate the English. I am Scottish and very proud of that, but hold no ill feeling for the English. Is this normal?

I am Scottish and very proud of that, but hold no ill feeling for the English. Is this normal?

It is if you're not an SNP voter.

Don't worry too much about Rab. He's been over in the USA for a long time.

Unfortunately the average SNP voter is a dunderheid* who cannot comprehend normal political arguments about economics, law and order, social justice and responsibility, etc. The only thing they understand is stuff about Braveheart, BPC etc because they've watched the movies and creamed their Ys about the brave Scottish** warriors. Without such images the SNP could not communicate or exist.

* Guid Scots word for nincompoop

** Or in BPC's case, cowardly Italian cross-dresser.

It's the peoples fault really, Salmond is just talking the talk that people expect to hear. When the Scots people realise there is more to our country than our history, and begin to look forward rather than back, there will be a huge swing toward nationalism.

It sounds like your saying that if you live in Scotland /are Scottish, you must automatically hate the English. I am Scottish and very proud of that, but hold no ill feeling for the English. Is this normal?

Nah mate, it was just a cheap dig at Therapisht ;-)

It is if you're not an SNP voter.

Don't worry too much about Rab. He's been over in the USA for a long time.

So all SNP voters harbour ill feeling towards the English? :rolleyes:

Since Therapist is appearing to use the Shed as a British Nationalist Campaigning tool

You have mentioned my name without me having posted on the thread. You have broken the rules so a complaint is on its way to the Mods. That'll teach you. :mad:

Patrick Bateman

Care to provide quotes Pugsley, or are you talking absolute rubbish once more?

Scottish National Party Leader denounced British Nationalism, Oooft how shocking

ALL ABOARD THE OFFENDED BUS!! DING DING

Miller Jambo 60
You have mentioned my name without me having posted on the thread. You have broken the rules so a complaint is on its way to the Mods. That'll teach you. :mad:

GROW UP

So all SNP voters harbour ill feeling towards the English? :rolleyes:

No Dave, not all. :rolleyes: Just the vast majority.

The Mighty Thor

Another episode in the constant trawling of anything Scotland's First Minister says to put a racist/bigoted (TM subway loyal/Gyle Volunteer Force) slant on his commets.

Proper disemination of the article clearly reveals that Chris Hoy believes the idea ridiculous with the current level of investment in Scottish sporting infrastructure.

Never let the facts get in the way of a good unhealthy dose of hun-steria :rolleyes:

No Dave, not all. :rolleyes: Just the vast majority.

objective research from the electoral refrom society or daily mail/telegraph?

ToadKiller Dog
by prancer

You have no place calling anybody a bigot given your prejudiced rant in the terrace on eastern europeans.

replace them with mindless eastern europeans whose language difficulties can be blamed when they have an attack of backbone/conscience?

Proper disemination of the article clearly reveals that Chris Hoy believes the idea ridiculous

Exactly. Thanks for agreeing with me.

Patrick Bateman
by prancer

You have no place calling anybody a bigot given your prejudiced rant in the terrace on eastern europeans.

It's a tragedy that the rep system is no longer with us. If it was, I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one sending a dollop of positive rep.

Pugsley= Tied to a stick and thrown into a river, and not for the first time since his unwanted return.

Ooooo gutted like.

Also is that the SNP praising Team GB??? I think so.

Ha ha.

Debating Kickback stylee.....

Being serious for a moment, Salmond displayed his usual trait of jumping in without thinking it through.

Given Hoy's success he thought he could make some political capital and get some positive press coverage out of suggesting a Scottish Olympic team. However, as usual with Salmond and his colleagues they go for headlines and sound bites without thinking it through. Producing athletes of the calibre of Hoy would take a considerable amount of money. As usual Salmond presented a headline grabbing idea that grabs the attention of the SNP's tartan bigots, but as usual it's not been properly costed or properly thought out.

The Mighty Thor
Being serious for a moment, Salmond displayed his usual trait of jumping in without thinking it through.

Given Hoy's success he thought he could make some political capital and get some positive press coverage out of suggesting a Scottish Olympic team. However, as usual with Salmond and his colleagues they go for headlines and sound bites without thinking it through. Producing athletes of the calibre of Hoy would take a considerable amount of money. As usual Salmond presented a headline grabbing idea that grabs the attention of the SNP's tartan bigots, but as usual it's not been properly costed or properly thought out.

Jumping in wothout thinking? A bit like yourself with the tabloid thread title.

There was a healthy debate on Radio 5 live this afternoon on this very topic and it soon degenerated into the kind of petty point scoring that would make JKB's finest pwoud.

The bottom line is that the first minister is keen to tap into the general feel-good factor surrounding the olympics, as is Golden Brown and smug Dave.

The important thing to remember is that the considerable amount of money it would take to create a separate Scottish olympic team isn't currently centrally funded. It's predominately lottery funding. The money of those that play the lottery.

There is another argument that the funding for the games in 2012 ?9 odd billion (and it will rise) could have been better spent in improving grass roots sport for generations to come rather than re-developing a ****-hole in Lahndahn's east end. However you cut it, it is a huge waste of tax payers money.....that's every tax payer from John O'Groats to Lands End.

Tbh Doug thinks the SNP are doing a good job and are the answer, for me this is reason enough why they should be punted

Jumping in wothout thinking?

Precisely. He's doing exactly what he did with the Local Income Tax proposals - headline grabbing but (thankfully) ill thought out, full of ridiculous assumptions, and impractical.

Salmond is a clown.

Did anyone just see the Press Conference?

Hoy said hasn't ruled out a Team Scotland but says we need more investment in Sport. Something which the SNP Government will be doing following the historic concordat with local authorities.

aye great toggie

Id prefer if fat alec actually invested our money in real issues which affect the country as opposed to petty point scoring

Frankly I couldnt give a feck if Hoy wins medals as britain or scotland, I do care about the shocking state of our countries infastructure and local government set ups

:4_1_72::4_1_72::4_1_72::4_1_72::4_1_72:

Something which the SNP Government will be doing following the historic concordat with local authorities.

You've excelled yourself this time Togster. :)

What is this "historic concordat"? :hae36: And will it be funded by the SNP's unworkable and illegal Local Income Tax? :hae36:

Archived