Ref meeting today

ring-of-fire

ring-of-fire

on skysports news that spl captains and managers are meeting the SFA and ref's today to clear the air about their obvious crapness...

Good idea but IMO nothing will come of this, it will be the same inconsistency and glasgow bias as always!:confused:

FTH

Colonel Kurtz

Apparantly the meeting will be in Glasgow to ave money on travelling expenses for the refs,therein lies the problem

ring-of-fire
how are they allowed to discuss this without getting fined?

its to do with the GFA, Refs and the old firm so.....

ofcourse not!!!!:sad:

Seymour M Hersh

10 captains will be talked at/down to while 2 will be afforded the respect due when meeting your paymasters.:mad:

Nothing will come of it as it is only a PR exercise by the GFA. They know they are in the wrong and clubs need to ratchet up the pressure.

Peter Olivers Army

They will all meet in a big room amid much nodding and shaking of heads.

The refs will be adamant there is no bias from them, even though one will probably attend in a Rangers tie.

Then when all the other teams reps have been placated and sent packing, the refs will have a word with the OF, to reassure them that nothing will change...except perhaps the odd contentious free-kick given to the opposition on the half-way line.

GFA GTF

marshallschunkychicken
Csaba dressing up in an attempt to impress the ref's .....

2497675776_33104834be.jpg?v=0

:eek:

:D

:laugh: Quality!

it will make no difference they will still favour both the old firm.

hearts should get Miko to represent the club as he gets booked for walking on the park anyway, so we wont notice any difference if he gives the refs a hard time at the meeting and the want to make an exaple of him on the park

it will make no difference they will still favour both the old firm.

hearts should get Miko to represent the club as he gets booked for walking on the park anyway, so we wont notice any difference if he gives the refs a hard time at the meeting and the want to make an exaple of him on the park

God I wish Mikey Stewart was our captain today...but to be honest neither him nor Berra will be there as they are with Scotland so who will?

Rocky jamboa

They should make refs more accountable for their decisions. Do what they do in England where the get interviewed on TV re decisions made. Just now, they get away with dodgy decisions as they know it will be brushed under the carpet but if they knew they were going to get a grilling after dodgy decisions, they'd maybe think twice about it.

Csaba dressing up in an attempt to impress the ref's .....

2497675776_33104834be.jpg?v=0

:eek:

:D

classic! looks just like him

Breaking news.

Csaba fired.

Vlad says he is a traitor who is killing this club every day.

Always wanted to do this, source??:biggrin:

Billy the Jambo
Breaking news.

Csaba fired.

HEY JR i know that is a joke but you know as well as i do that will happen before the end of the season

Thunderstruck
Send Miko.

Brilliant :) His English is probably better than a number of the other Captains that will be in attendance.

This'll make no difference.

They will say any examples are genuine mistakes, even though almost all of them are in the OF's favour.

Jambof3tornado

If I was a ref I'd be embarassed to show my cheating little fekkin face!!!

Nothing will come of this,other than the refs saying that sometimes mistakes happen,just in favour of the old firm mostly!!!:rolleyes:

10 captains will be talked at/down to while 2 will be afforded the respect due when meeting your paymasters.:mad:

Nothing will come of it as it is only a PR exercise by the GFA. They know they are in the wrong and clubs need to ratchet up the pressure.

Inaccurate - wee Baz will likely be chairing the meeting.

Jambof3tornado
Breaking news.

Csaba fired.

This is the kind of post I am talking about JamboRobbo. Why do you feel the need to do it?? Cant you just be like others and actually follow the threads and post accordingly??:sad:

Apparantly the meeting will be in Glasgow to ave money on travelling expenses for the refs,therein lies the problem

So the ref's McManus & Ferguson at one table and all the other captains at another table then ????

on skysports news that spl captains and managers are meeting the SFA and ref's today to clear the air about their obvious crapness...

Good idea but IMO nothing will come of this, it will be the same inconsistency and glasgow bias as always!:confused:

FTH

WTF would Rangers and celtic have to attend for?

those ^^^^ get everything

This is the time I wish we had Elvis representing us. He was respected within the game and his communication skills were acceptable. Mikey Stewart was another good shout...but he could loose the rag and chin one of the refs.... hmm... lets send mikey stewart...burley can allow him a couple of hours of...:)

None of the captains will say anything. The Ref's regard them as "head boy" to their "Headmaster".

The managers on the other hand....surely people of the intelligence and calibre of Csaba, CL, Mark McG, even Yogi.... can use this as an opportunity. Would love to see them speak out, and then call a press conference to reveal what's been said. This is absolutely the type of tactic and pressure that has to be exerted upon the OF (GFT).

As for Tango man et al...don't even bother making the trip.

Jambof3tornado
None of the captains will say anything. The Ref's regard them as "head boy" to their "Headmaster".

The managers on the other hand....surely people of the intelligence and calibre of Csaba, CL, Mark McG, even Yogi.... can use this as an opportunity. Would love to see them speak out, and then call a press conference to reveal what's been said. This is absolutely the type of tactic and pressure that has to be exerted upon the OF (GFT).

As for Tango man et al...don't even bother making the trip.

He hides it well!!!:rolleyes:

Guest JamboRobbo
This is the kind of post I am talking about JamboRobbo. Why do you feel the need to do it?? Cant you just be like others and actually follow the threads and post accordingly??:sad:

So what exactly is "posting accordingly"? Never say anything too different from everyone else? Should I run everything by you before I post it, to make sure it's ok with you?

No thanks. I'll say what I think, always.

Jambof3tornado
So what is "posting accordingly"? Never say anything too different from everyone else?

HAhaha I expect you to do no less my friend. Coz while their are posters like you then debate shall forever turn into drivvle!!!

Guest JamboRobbo
HAhaha I expect you to do no less my friend. Coz while their are posters like you then debate shall forever turn into drivvle!!!

And if you had you're way, and everyone "posted accordingly", it'd be something along the lines of

"everything is so great"

"oh yes, isn't it".

"I love vlad so much"

"yep, he's the greatestest".

etc etc etc

:P

Just ignore him as he thinks hes the "voice of the fans"...we know different:)

FTH

You would have thought that if our referees were any good they might not be available for a meeting today due to the amount of internationals that are taking place tonight.:rolleyes:

Are they admitted they have a problem by holding this meeting ? Complete waste of time IMO and i await this weekends "mistake" with baited breath. :rolleyes:

Sheriff Fatman
So what exactly is "posting accordingly"? Never say anything too different from everyone else? Should I run everything by you before I post it, to make sure it's ok with you?

Oh I don't know, how about one that has the slightest relevance to the thread in question and not one that makes the same point you have made at least 100 times in the last 3 days. Or if you have to, how about one that isn't based on rumour and conjecture.

And before you moan yet again about people disagreeing with you, I'll say what I think too.

To get back on the topic at hand...:rolleyes:....I wonder how much we will hear from this meeting.Not much i'd wager but the fact that it is taking place and everyone is there can't be a bad thing,hopefully!

ArmiyaRomanova

Levein seems to have enjoyed himself (Reporting Scotland).

I'll bet some points were made.

And I'd bet they'll be ignored.

Will anyone quote Hugh Dallas' comment that they favour the old firm through fear. Fear of themselves and thier families being targets of abuse and intimadation. George dubbya would be spitting mad if he knew authorities in Scotland were rolling over to terrorist demands.

I believe that this is yet again another Donald McVicar "special" in attempt to force mangers and players to show the officials some respect. Maybe if the officials started to show the "game" and the supporters some respect things would even out for them. Until I see some sign of the bias towards the Old Firm being done away with I'll continue to view any of the representatives of the SFA with a great deal of suspicion, especially those Referees from the greater Glasgow area.

Just listened to McVicar & CL on Radio Scotland. McVicar showed his true colours saying that some managers at the meeting wanted refs hung out to dry, at this point CL jumped in and told McVicar EXACTLY what the managers were after. Cue abrupt U turn from McVicar.

McVicar is THE problem with Scottish refs. How is this man still in a job?

Only 6 refs turned up to the meeting.

Even Richard Gordon had a pop at McVicar when he was trying to avoid saying that his refs had made mistakes - he eventually admitted this when pressed.

Then Billy Dodds got fired in about Eddie Smith not even admitting to a mistake after watching TV replays of his penalty. McVicar would not even entertain the notion of ANOTHER ref doing the analysis to get round this but was speechless when asked why Eddie Smith still thought it was a penalty.

Upshot is that managers want more meetings with more refs. McVicar even then cocked this up by saying that refs hold regular meetings and the managers can come along to them. Didn't even get the irony that managers want to discuss matters with refs, not listen to him talking to the refs.

Just listened to McVicar & CL on Radio Scotland. McVicar showed his true colours saying that some managers at the meeting wanted refs hung out to dry, at this point CL jumped in and told McVicar EXACTLY what the managers were after. Cue abrupt U turn from McVicar.

Even Richard Gordon had a pop at McVicar when he was trying to avoid saying that his refs had made mistakes - he eventually admitted this when pressed.

Then Billy Dodds got fired in about Eddie Smith not even admitting to a mistake after watching TV replays of his penalty. McVicar would not even entertain the notion of ANOTHER ref doing the analysis to get round this but was speechless when asked why Eddie Smith still thought it was a penalty.

Upshot is that managers want more meetings with more refs. McVicar even then cocked this up by saying that refs hold regular meetings and the managers can come along to them. Didn't even get the irony that managers want to discuss matters with refs, not listen to him talking to the refs.

McVicar's head is on the chopping board and has been for the last six months. Look for Hugh Dallas being appointed as the referees supremo sometime soon. Out of the frying pan and into the fire, eh.

Is this all for real? Effing unbelievable...Cheers

Listened to this, it was totally cringeworthy from McVicar, ffs if that fan-e Dodds can shoot holes in your argument you have problems. CL was very good and explained that the only thing that they never agreed on was that they would like more accountability from Refs where McVicar quckly jumped on his comments to say he wanted Refs hung out to dry. Listening to this it struck me that, the managers wanted to make this meeting constructive but the Refs only wanted to treat it as a talking shop as they clearly don't see that they should be accountable to anyone other than themselves.

chester copperpot
Why would Rangers and Celtic be there. I thought the refs would be representing them

Haha.

FWIW, I think there's only one decent ref in the SPL, and its Craig Thomson, the rest are fecking useless.

Just my opinion though.

Haha.

FWIW, I think there's only one decent ref in the SPL, and its Craig Thomson, the rest are fecking useless.

Just my opinion though.

Well we'll find that out on Saturday.

CT is the ref in the Sheep v. Huns game and he comes from Paisley - a stone's throw from Ipox. I don't know if he's travelling up in the Rangers team bus but what I can tell you is that he's not geographical neutral and therein lies a major problem. If he gives a "wrong" decision he must go back to Hunland and face the music. Will his windows be put in, will his family be threatened, etc etc? McVicar and Smith need to address these problems.

The most worrying thing about the BBC website report of the meeting (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/7573537.stm) isn't the repeated assurance that all refs are a 'ggod crew' and 'honest bunch' which is to be expected. No it is that Levien says Richmond phoned him to explain not giving the penalty and rather than say 'I got it wrong' he seems to have come up with a reason why he was right it wasn't a penalty.

Jam Tarts 1874
The most worrying thing about the BBC website report of the meeting (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/7573537.stm) isn't the repeated assurance that all refs are a 'ggod crew' and 'honest bunch' which is to be expected. No it is that Levien says Richmond phoned him to explain not giving the penalty and rather than say 'I got it wrong' he seems to have come up with a reason why he was right it wasn't a penalty.

I like the direct quotes from Levein in the BBC article:

"It got a bit heated at times but I think that's a good thing." For Levein to say it got a bit heated, probably means the refs were getting pelters.

I also liked what he had to say about Richmond's 'phone call:

"I didn't quite understand where he was coming from - but that's all right, I appreciated the call.

"Charlie's a good referee. He made one mistake not five."

Levein continues to be a class act.

I like the direct quotes from Levein in the BBC article:

"It got a bit heated at times but I think that's a good thing." For Levein to say it got a bit heated, probably means the refs were getting pelters.

I also liked what he had to say about Richmond's 'phone call:

"I didn't quite understand where he was coming from - but that's all right, I appreciated the call.

"Charlie's a good referee. He made one mistake not five."

Levein continues to be a class act.

Worrying that the refs seem to talk about respect - respect is earned through competency. Simple as that.

Archived