Manchester United vs Newcastle United

Ryan Gosling

shaun.lawson
I assume that '92/93 is still a bitter pill for you to swallow then? Don't be bitter about it, it was 15 years ago ;)

Yes, we have just won a European Cup and Premiership double, but that was last season. This is now. How did Barcelona react after winning the European Cup in 2006? By losing out on all fronts the following season.

Teams like Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea have all spent money on improving their teams, whilst United have not. This worries me a tad as our best player will be on the sidelines til October at the earliest, and we've still only been left with 3 recognised strikers. One of whom, being Louis Saha, is absolute gash.

Today showed that United lack a targetman when trying to play long, like they did towards the end of the game. Hopeless high balls into the box. When we're face with this kind of resistance, we NEED someone to punt the ball up to, but who can also turn a game, like Berbatov can.

Most Old Firm fans wat their team to go out and win every competition they play in, so my attitude is no different. I fail to see how thats relevant. 15 years of winning trophies constantly makes you want that run to continue, strange that.

Why should I want to see Arsenal or Chelsea win the league? Would you like to see Hibs win the SPL? Actually, don't answer that. Most people know what your opinion on that would be after your attempts to devalue that day in April 2006.

Typical wee team mentality.

Ooohhh! Saucer of milk for table four, please waiter!

United spent a shedload of money last summer on medium and long-term acquisitions. You're also about to buy Berbatov, once again demonstrating your rank hypocrisy after having the brass neck to slag off Real Madrid for tapping up Ronaldo. Again, there's no difference here in how Man Utd or Chelsea behave to the way the OF do up here: Spurs on the cusp of maybe doing something? Sign their best player. Fulham or Charlton having unusually good seasons? Unsettle and sign their best players, and put them on the bench.

Saha, gash? Funny that: did I just imagine him playing a big part in your winning the '07 title, then? My complaint, quite simply, is it's all about money. You seem to take great delight in thinking how wondrous United's achievements are, and have a pop at Arsenal, Liverpool etc whenever you win yet another trophy, while ignoring the reality that the EPL is now a two-horse race, and likely to remain so for years to come: entirely because of money. Good God, you even think I'm bitter because Norwich didn't win the title in 1993! Actually, what remains remarkable is we came so close in the first place. Ever noticed how a small club has not even seriously challenged since? And why do you think that might be?

As I've said, I just do not understand. How can you get so excited about being top of a cartel? What's 'sporting' about a competition in which (with the one hilarious exception of Newcastle) the league table invariably parallels the wage bill? As a Hearts fan, or even as a Norwich fan, I'm able to savour and remember triumphs because they happen less often: life is about winning and losing. Except in the case of Man Utd, Chelsea, Celtic or Rangers - when the same teams always win, and it all becomes incredibly boring for everyone else.

Ooohhh! Saucer of milk for table four, please waiter!

United spent a shedload of money last summer on medium and long-term acquisitions. You're also about to buy Berbatov, once again demonstrating your rank hypocrisy after having the brass neck to slag off Real Madrid for tapping up Ronaldo. Again, there's no difference here in how Man Utd or Chelsea behave to the way the OF do up here: Spurs on the cusp of maybe doing something? Sign their best player. Fulham or Charlton having unusually good seasons? Unsettle and sign their best players, and put them on the bench.

Saha, gash? Funny that: did I just imagine him playing a big part in your winning the '07 title, then? My complaint, quite simply, is it's all about money. You seem to take great delight in thinking how wondrous United's achievements are, and have a pop at Arsenal, Liverpool etc whenever you win yet another trophy, while ignoring the reality that the EPL is now a two-horse race, and likely to remain so for years to come: entirely because of money. Good God, you even think I'm bitter because Norwich didn't win the title in 1993! Actually, what remains remarkable is we came so close in the first place. Ever noticed how a small club has not even seriously challenged since? And why do you think that might be?

As I've said, I just do not understand. How can you get so excited about being top of a cartel? What's 'sporting' about a competition in which (with the one hilarious exception of Newcastle) the league table invariably parallels the wage bill? As a Hearts fan, or even as a Norwich fan, I'm able to savour and remember triumphs because they happen less often: life is about winning and losing. Except in the case of Man Utd, Chelsea, Celtic or Rangers - when the same teams always win, and it all becomes incredibly boring for everyone else.

But I don't support anyone else, do I? Why should I care about the opinions of Sunderland fans, or Ipswich fans because we're always top of the league? Would you be considering the feelings of Kilmarnock or Inverness fans should we qualify for Europe again? Seeing as we do it more regularly than anyone else, we don't really let them have a chance and all.

Whats sporting about Juventus or Inter Milan winning the league over Genoa? or Real madrid winning it opposed to Espanyol? Nothing apparently. We should be letting Stoke or Fulham have a chance :laugh: When was the last time you saw a small club challenge in France, Italy, Spain or Germany?

Yes, I said Saha was gash. No, I wouldn't say he played that big a part of it after his goals dried up around Christmas time. In a team without Tevez, Saha couldn't even make the bench for christ sake. I have never said that Saha was good enough for Man Utd, as I have never thought he was.

About Berbatov, please point me to a direct quote from Sir Alex saying he expected to sign Berbatov. I could point you to hundreds where he has declined to comment, thus differing him from the Madrid chairman who has repeatedly talked Ronaldo up in media interviews and has said, on more than one occasion, that he will go out and sign Ronaldo. Please, show me the hypocrisy.

'On the cusp of doing something'? :laugh: People said the same about Spurs last season and what happened? 11th place, wasn't it?

I said it once before, I'll say it again. typical wee team mentality.

shaun.lawson
But I don't support anyone else, do I? Why should I care about the opinions of Sunderland fans, or Ipswich fans because we're always top of the league? Would you be considering the feelings of Kilmarnock or Inverness fans should we qualify for Europe again? Seeing as we do it more regularly than anyone else, we don't really let them have a chance and all.

Whats sporting about Juventus or Inter Milan winning the league over Genoa? or Real madrid winning it opposed to Espanyol? Nothing apparently. We should be letting Stoke or Fulham have a chance :laugh: When was the last time you saw a small club challenge in France, Italy, Spain or Germany?

Yes, I said Saha was gash. No, I wouldn't say he played that big a part of it after his goals dried up around Christmas time. In a team without Tevez, Saha couldn't even make the bench for christ sake. I have never said that Saha was good enough for Man Utd, as I have never thought he was.

About Berbatov, please point me to a direct quote from Sir Alex saying he expected to sign Berbatov. I could point you to hundreds where he has declined to comment, thus differing him from the Madrid chairman who has repeatedly talked Ronaldo up in media interviews and has said, on more than one occasion, that he will go out and sign Ronaldo. Please, show me the hypocrisy.

'On the cusp of doing something'? :laugh: People said the same about Spurs last season and what happened? 11th place, wasn't it?

I said it once before, I'll say it again. typical wee team mentality.

If you don't think intermediaries will have got in touch with Berbatov and let him know of United's interest, you're having a laugh. When was the last time smaller clubs challenged in Spain? Sevilla, 2007; Sociedad, 2003. Germany? Stuttgart, hardly uberwealthy, won the title in 2007. France? Bordeaux and to a lesser extent Nancy only last season! Meanwhile, Standard Liege romped to the Belgian title, Alkmaar almost won the Dutch league in 2007, and little Sivasspor challenged right to the very end in Turkey last season too. I'll give you Italy, mind.

Spurs are most people's idea of the side most likely to break into the top four in the medium term. Whether it happens or not is another matter - but in case you hadn't noticed, the same four clubs have finished in the top 4 in four of the last five seasons: something unprecedented in English footballing history. And worse, there's now a clear break between the top 2 and next 2 in that elite group as well!

Where's the unpredictability? Where's the hope for the vast majority of football fans everywhere? I mean, you can't like what's happened in Scotland over the last 22 years, can you? It's happening in England too - but given the shoe's on the other foot, you don't seem to care. Fair enough - but where on earth will this end? Now, the only hope for non-Big Four clubs seems to be in being bought by an investor with impossibly deep pockets and dubious motivations - and we've seen where that's got Man City or West Ham.

Never mind "letting Stoke or Fulham have a chance": clubs with the tradition and size of Newcastle, Tottenham, Everton, Aston Villa and Manchester City now have literally no hope of ever winning the title again - and the absolute limit of their capabilities is, if everything goes to plan, they have no injuries and a Big Four club has a 'mare, 4th place. Well woo****inghoo.

If you don't think intermediaries will have got in touch with Berbatov and let him know of United's interest, you're having a laugh. When was the last time smaller clubs challenged in Spain? Sevilla, 2007; Sociedad, 2003. Germany? Stuttgart, hardly uberwealthy, won the title in 2007. France? Bordeaux and to a lesser extent Nancy only last season! Meanwhile, Standard Liege romped to the Belgian title, Alkmaar almost won the Dutch league in 2007, and little Sivasspor challenged right to the very end in Turkey last season too. I'll give you Italy, mind.

Spurs are most people's idea of the side most likely to break into the top four in the medium term. Whether it happens or not is another matter - but in case you hadn't noticed, the same four clubs have finished in the top 4 in four of the last five seasons: something unprecedented in English footballing history. And worse, there's now a clear break between the top 2 and next 2 in that elite group as well!

Where's the unpredictability? Where's the hope for the vast majority of football fans everywhere? I mean, you can't like what's happened in Scotland over the last 22 years, can you? It's happening in England too - but given the shoe's on the other foot, you don't seem to care. Fair enough - but where on earth will this end? Now, the only hope for non-Big Four clubs seems to be in being bought by an investor with impossibly deep pockets and dubious motivations - and we've seen where that's got Man City or West Ham.

Never mind "letting Stoke or Fulham have a chance": clubs with the tradition and size of Newcastle, Tottenham, Everton, Aston Villa and Manchester City now have literally no hope of ever winning the title again - and the absolute limit of their capabilities is, if everything goes to plan, they have no injuries and a Big Four club has a 'mare, 4th place. Well woo****inghoo.

Sevilla finished 21 points behind leaders Real Madrid last season. This, after spending a total of ?22m on players during the course of the season. More than Arsenal did.

Stuttgart also spent ?3.8m, without the added transfer fees of Arthur Boka and Roberto Hilbert as I couldn't find them. I also can't find all the transfer dealings they made in total in 2006, before they won the title. If you can show me proof that they spent less than ?10m, I'll hand you that one.

Nantes finished 17 points off the top of Ligue 1 last year as well. Thats the same as saying Liverpool challenged for the Premiership that season. Bordeaux, I'll give you. I also can't find a record of transfer dealings for AZ Alkmaar in 2007, so they remain a doubt for me as well.

Either way, the above teams, with the transfer budgets that they received, would clearly be up there should they play in a league like Scotland, with smaller teams and smaller budgets. It's just unfortunate for them that they have the Ajax'z or Lyon's to put up with. thats just football, it's not a cartel. As you so colourfully described it.

Again, you haven't explained why Aston Villa's lack of title wins is any of United's concerns. Should Hearts be concerned that we're always in the SPL and the likes of Brechin won't be in it for a long time? No, we shouldn't. I seriously don't know what the hell you're trying to prove, but whatever it is, it's not working.

I don't doubt that someone spoke to Berbatov's agent, but I'm still waiting on you explaining what makes what happened with Ronaldo and what's happening with Berbatov to be exactly the same. Madrid began an extreme media campaign to unsettle a player and make him demand a move. I don't for one second believe that United bought Berbatov's family a car or house to pose on the front of a newspaper, telling us that her son playing for United would be her dying wish. Even so, ?20m odds for a player, I don't think Spurs are exactly being hard done by.

What tradition do Newcastle have? They stopped winning things 50 odd years ago. Is that our fault too? :laugh:

shaun.lawson
Sevilla finished 21 points behind leaders Real Madrid last season. This, after spending a total of ?22m on players during the course of the season. More than Arsenal did.

Stuttgart also spent ?3.8m, without the added transfer fees of Arthur Boka and Roberto Hilbert as I couldn't find them. I also can't find all the transfer dealings they made in total in 2006, before they won the title. If you can show me proof that they spent less than ?10m, I'll hand you that one.

Nantes finished 17 points off the top of Ligue 1 last year as well. Thats the same as saying Liverpool challenged for the Premiership that season. Bordeaux, I'll give you. I also can't find a record of transfer dealings for AZ Alkmaar in 2007, so they remain a doubt for me as well.

Either way, the above teams, with the transfer budgets that they received, would clearly be up there should they play in a league like Scotland, with smaller teams and smaller budgets. It's just unfortunate for them that they have the Ajax'z or Lyon's to put up with. thats just football, it's not a cartel. As you so colourfully described it.

Again, you haven't explained why Aston Villa's lack of title wins is any of United's concerns. Should Hearts be concerned that we're always in the SPL and the likes of Brechin won't be in it for a long time? No, we shouldn't. I seriously don't know what the hell you're trying to prove, but whatever it is, it's not working.

I don't doubt that someone spoke to Berbatov's agent, but I'm still waiting on you explaining what makes what happened with Ronaldo and what's happening with Berbatov to be exactly the same. Madrid began an extreme media campaign to unsettle a player and make him demand a move. I don't for one second believe that United bought Berbatov's family a car or house to pose on the front of a newspaper, telling us that her son playing for United would be her dying wish. Even so, ?20m odds for a player, I don't think Spurs are exactly being hard done by.

What tradition do Newcastle have? They stopped winning things 50 odd years ago. Is that our fault too? :laugh:

Sevilla, of course, tragically lost a key player shortly before last season began, then their manager weeks into it. Of course this was going to affect them. But they came incredibly close to winning La Liga in 2007, as did Real Sociedad in 2003; and this was on top of Valencia winning it in 2002 and 2004, and Deportivo in 2000. And all in a context of a league featuring the two biggest clubs in the world!

I haven't a clue how much money Stuttgart spent in 06/7: but they were actually an average team in many ways, and I do know how dwarfed all German clubs are financially by Bayern Munich. This hasn't stopped Werder Bremen or Schalke challenging, though. Equally, Alkmaar certainly didn't spend that much in overachieving in 06/7. Point of info: I wish Nantes had done well last season (they're the French Canaries!), but they were actually in Ligue 2. :sad: It's Nancy I was talking about: who overachieved colossally for much of the campaign, before falling away over the final six weeks or so.

And the point is, overachievement in England equals fifth place if you're lucky. Yes, leagues across Europe are more predictable than they once were: but it's in England that it's most pronounced. Because England has far and away the biggest TV deal, next to no regulation, and a top flight that is one monumental carve-up: whereas the French authorities, for example, insist on all clubs operating in the black, and forcibly demote those who don't. What would happen to Chelsea or United if we did the same here?

Prior to this bonkers world beginning, Leeds, Everton (twice), Villa and Forest had all won the league in recent years: now, none of them can. Moreover, Southampton, Watford and Ipswich had all finished 2nd; and in the early 90s, Palace, Sheffield Wednesday, Norwich and Forest all finished 3rd. Can you ever imagine that happening again? So what's the point? What, in all seriousness, is the point of acting as though 17th place is equivalent to winning the league, and 5th place, the Champions League? But that's as good as it gets for all but four privileged clubs.

As to why any of this should be United's concern: hmm. Ever heard of 'corporate social responsibility', Eck? Because it's pricing out fans everywhere - and if you ask me, this article below explains exactly why the Thatcherisation of football is so troubling:

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2008/08/14/middleaged_middleclass_and_mut.html

PS. Speaking of which, what was your view on United's decision to force ST holders to pay for Cup games, even if they weren't going to be there?

Well played Toon, the better side a draws an excellent result for them. Was very impressed by "Spiderman" looks a real talent. Never been a fan of Colochini but looks like the missing link they needed in their defense, Newcastle IMO will finish top 10.

Man U were rotten. But its the 1st game of the season and I think out of their next 3 games, they will get 6 points, Theyl beat Liverpool and Pompey but lose to Chelsea.

Man u fans have complained about the lack of funds they have spent in the summer, but in the last 5 years they have spent the most in the EPL, even more than Chelsea. And thats Man Utds faults for trying to get Berbatov behind Tottenhams back as they cant get him.

The top 4 have all looked average in their games so far, except Chelsea who were excellent yesterday,and even Arsenal looked poor in the 2nd half on Saturday but its only the 1st game of the season but its nice to see where Man U are!

Well played Toon, the better side a draws an excellent result for them. Was very impressed by "Spiderman" looks a real talent. Never been a fan of Colochini but looks like the missing link they needed in their defense, Newcastle IMO will finish top 10.

Man U were rotten. But its the 1st game of the season and I think out of their next 3 games, they will get 6 points, Theyl beat Liverpool and Pompey but lose to Chelsea.

Man u fans have complained about the lack of funds they have spent in the summer, but in the last 5 years they have spent the most in the EPL, even more than Chelsea. And thats Man Utds faults for trying to get Berbatov behind Tottenhams back as they cant get him.

The top 4 have all looked average in their games so far, except Chelsea who were excellent yesterday,and even Arsenal looked poor in the 2nd half on Saturday but its only the 1st game of the season but its nice to see where Man U are!

Have you got proof of this? Did Arsenal tap up Nasri?

I heard people shouting your name on Saturday, have you finally got your own fan club? :laugh:

You heard people shouting my name? Eh?

I was at the Rangers game on Saturday, confused.

Why are you bringing Nasri into it? Arsenal agreed the fee before Euro 2008 and it was until he came back from his holiday it was confirmed.

You heard people shouting my name? Eh?

I was at the Rangers game on Saturday, confused.

That'd be where I heard your name being shouted.

Did anyone ask for your autograph?

And thats Man Utds faults for trying to get Berbatov behind Tottenhams back as they cant get him.

Why are you bringing Nasri into it?

Because it's equally as likely that Arsenal went behind Marseille's back to sign Nasri.

Nasri was heavily linked with a move to Arsenal, Arsenal went and then signed him. Whats different about the prospect of United signing Berbatov after being linked with him, despite Ferguson distancing himself from the rumours at every opportunity?

When was the last time smaller clubs challenged in Spain? Sevilla, 2007; Sociedad, 2003. Germany? Stuttgart, hardly uberwealthy, won the title in 2007. France? Bordeaux and to a lesser extent Nancy only last season! Meanwhile, Standard Liege romped to the Belgian title, Alkmaar almost won the Dutch league in 2007, and little Sivasspor challenged right to the very end in Turkey last season too. I'll give you Italy, mind.

But they did all that despite the top tier of clubs spending big.

I don't understand your point?

shaun.lawson
But they did all that despite the top tier of clubs spending big.

I don't understand your point?

Yes, they did. But it's not happening in England, and hasn't since the early 90s - because the financial gap is so extreme here that it's impossible. Goodbye, competition; hello, cartel of four (and arguably only two) clubs. That's my point.

Yes, they did. But it's not happening in England, and hasn't since the early 90s - because the financial gap is so extreme here that it's impossible. Goodbye, competition; hello, cartel of four (and arguably only two) clubs. That's my point.

The gap isn't any bigger than in Spain.

How much did Sociedad spend in (your example, not mine) in comparison to the 'two largest clubs in the world' (your words, not mine) before they lost the title on the 2nd last match?

Every year Barcelona and Real Madrid spend countless more than the rest of the league, yet they are constantly challenged by other teams.

To scale, the same happens in France and Germany.

Only England and Scotland (and perhaps Italy) are different - why is that?

• 4 weeks later...

What happened today then Mort "can you seriously see liverpool beating united?? that just doesnt happen anymore!! a win away to pompey, at least a point at anfield " and Deejpee "United will pump Pompey and Liverpool easily. I reckon they wont even concede over the 2 games" ???????

Big game for your boys next Sunday. Lose that and your well adrift early doors :)

How much did Sociedad spend in (your example, not mine) in comparison to the 'two largest clubs in the world' (your words, not mine) before they lost the title on the 2nd last match?

Every year Barcelona and Real Madrid spend countless more than the rest of the league, yet they are constantly challenged by other teams.

Probably because the gap truly is bigger - and the complete lack of regulation in the UK hardly helps either. Plus, English clubs' TV deals are massively in excess of that enjoyed in any other country - and they successfully charge way more for tickets too. Put all that together, and the Big Four are pulling further and further clear, with only a Man City-style investment giving others any chance of reining them in - and in Scotland, the gulf the Big Two enjoy in revenue, fanbase and institutionalised bias is simply colossal, and impossible to break down by others whose gates don't get much over 15,000.

Interesting that after only 2 games in Spain and Italy only 3 teams have full points and in Germany only one team has 10pts after 4 games. Very competitive starts to these leagues. Where as in Scotland and England 5 of the 6 expected clubs are already clear at the top.

What happened today then Mort "can you seriously see liverpool beating united?? that just doesnt happen anymore!! a win away to pompey, at least a point at anfield " and Deejpee "United will pump Pompey and Liverpool easily. I reckon they wont even concede over the 2 games" ???????

Big game for your boys next Sunday. Lose that and your well adrift early doors :)

Typically poor start to a season from the European Champions, it's where we sit come May thats the real indicator.

Typically poor start to a season from the European Champions, it's where we sit come May thats the real indicator.

Agree but a loss on Sunday will give you an absolute mountain to climb and will in all likelihood leave you 9 behind both Chelski and L'pool and 8 behind Arsenal. Whilst I know Utd sometimes start slowly they have never found themselves so far behind the other big 3 so early and I would suggest would need to avoid more than about 1 more league defeat all season. If a 9pt gap opens then Chelski will be by far the most difficult to overturn in my opinion, in fact I'd confidently predict it won't happen.

Also worth noting that after 4 games played, United will have only been at home once. Everyone else has been at home at least twice.

Game 5 will be when United will have had their 2nd game at Old Trafford in the Premiership.

Also worth noting that after 4 games played, United will have only been at home once. Everyone else has been at home at least twice.

Game 5 will be when United will have had their 2nd game at Old Trafford in the Premiership.

That's a fair point but given Chelsea and Arsenal's performaces away from home at the weekend I'm not sure how relevant it is !

That's a fair point but given Chelsea and Arsenal's performaces away from home at the weekend I'm not sure how relevant it is !

Neither Chelsea, nor Arsenal have had to go to somewhere like Anfield yet. Nor have they played one another.

United have had to go to Liverpool and will go to Stamford Bridge next weekend. The major benefit being having both at Old Trafford when the title run in should be reaching it's climax.

Neither Chelsea, nor Arsenal have had to go to somewhere like Anfield yet. Nor have they played one another.

Given Utd's recent record at Anfield you could argue they are 3pts down on the usual expected pts total.

Given Utd's recent record at Anfield you could argue they are 3pts down on the usual expected pts total.

But you said it yourself in a previous post.

You can't rely on previous records to win a league.

and Deejpee "United will pump Pompey and Liverpool easily. I reckon they wont even concede over the 2 games" ???????

Yep i'll give you that one.. On our day we should take care of them but we didn't kick a ball 2nd half and Liverpool were first to everything. Can't complain atall. Time to roll the sleeves up and get stuck into Chelsea. Looking forward to Liverpool at OT already though, i wont give any predictions on that game :o

Yep i'll give you that one.. On our day we should take care of them but we didn't kick a ball 2nd half and Liverpool were first to everything. Can't complain atall. Time to roll the sleeves up and get stuck into Chelsea. Looking forward to Liverpool at OT already though, i wont give any predictions on that game :o

Fair play mate. As a neutral I was pleased that L'pool won on Saturday as I'm hoping the league race will be more than just a showdown between Utd and Chelsea but there's a hell of a long way to go and plenty will happen. I think Fergie will make Utd very hard to beat on Sunday though as he will know even at this early stage giving Chelsea a 9pt lead could be fatal.

You've only played 3 games though? Your fourth game should have been at home to Fulham. Mind you that would have been a loss anyway. ;)

Fair play mate. As a neutral I was pleased that L'pool won on Saturday as I'm hoping the league race will be more than just a showdown between Utd and Chelsea but there's a hell of a long way to go and plenty will happen. I think Fergie will make Utd very hard to beat on Sunday though as he will know even at this early stage giving Chelsea a 9pt lead could be fatal.

You're right there. Chelsea don't give away many points. It would be good for football if with 6 games to go there was only 10 points between the 'top four'. Hopefully Ronaldo is back in the team for Sunday and Terry misses out. However looks like Drogba may well be fit enough for 90 minutes.. Roll on Super Sunday!!!

You've only played 3 games though? Your fourth game should have been at home to Fulham. Mind you that would have been a loss anyway. ;)

Should have been, but it's not.

So it'll take til Week 5 before United play at home again.

Seymour M Hersh
Should have been, but it's not.

So it'll take til Week 5 before United play at home again.

Don't panic. By the end of the season you will have played the same number of home games as everyone else. No reason to start a demento inspired conspiracy!

Don't panic. By the end of the season you will have played the same number of home games as everyone else. No reason to start a demento inspired conspiracy!

No conspiracy, I just think that it's been a difficult start to the season.

I expect United to start picking up points after the Chelsea game.

Archived