Manchester United vs Newcastle United

Ryan Gosling

Ryan Gosling

Limited Man Utd line up today. Tevez not involved. Also missing Nani, Hargreaves, Anderson, Saha, and some Portuguese guy.

Campbell and Rooney up front.

Newcastle give debuts to Coloccini, Guthrie and Gutierrez.

Could be an interesting game.

The Barcodes always get gubbed by Man U. Without fail

Except that one time they beat them 5-1 with Albert cheekily dinking it over the Great Dane :D

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Except that one time they beat them 5-1 with Albert cheekily dinking it over the Great Dane :D

5-0 ;)

one of my favourite all time goals

Already been a more interesting game than the whole of the Chelsea one. Unless you are a Chelsea fan it was dullllllllllllllll.

Everybody loves Baz
Why are the Utd players wearing black armbands?

Their kit man died earlier in the week i think ?

Ray Winstone
Newcastle look alright. Impressed with Guthrie and Gutierez.

Guthrie showed flashes of what he could do last year with Bolton.

Just needs to do it consistantly!

Hopefully Newcastle and Keegan can get the best out of him.

Been impressed with the new Newcastle players.

The guy that looks like Slavatori and the guy with the Ivan Campo stylee curley afro thing have both been very good.

That was ****e.

Side note: The ball bouncing off of a referee, resulting in the break down of an attacking move should result in an indirect free-kick IMO.

Ryan Gosling
Who was that Man U player with the massive hair who won that free kick at the end?

Rafael. Brazilian, just turned 18. His twin Fabio plays on the left.

On that performance Utd had better get Ronaldo, Tevez and Nani back quickly or they may have some serious points to catch up on the other big 3.

They have Portsmouth away in their next game a week on Monday and then have a week off the Premiership for the Super Cup (or whatever it's called nowadays!). They then travel to Anfield and Stamford Bridge either side of the International break. Ouch.

If SAF is serious about bringing in Berbatov, we need to do it NOW. We desperately need a targetman, and this talk of Silva coming in is very disappointing.

The last thing we need is another midfielder, we need a targetman to compliment Tevez up top.

If SAF is serious about bringing in Berbatov, we need to do it NOW. We desperately need a targetman, and this talk of Silva coming in is very disappointing.

The last thing we need is another midfielder, we need a targetman to compliment Tevez up top.

One game into the season. Don't panic Cap'n Mainwairing. Permission for lower lip to tremble sir. :) :) :) :)

One game into the season. Don't panic Cap'n Mainwairing. Permission for lower lip to tremble sir. :) :) :) :)

I've been saying it for ages.

We lack that option if we ever need to play it long. And in the Premiership, a flying start is vital in the Premiership.

I've been saying it for ages.

We lack that option if we ever need to play it long. And in the Premiership, a flying start is vital in the Premiership.

Didn't Man U fail to win any of the first 3 games last season??:wink:

Didn't Man U fail to win any of the first 3 games last season??:wink:

With a trip to Liverpool and Chelsea coming up soon, 3 points today would have been the perfect start. A stuttering start going into these games would not fill me with confidence.

With a trip to Liverpool and Chelsea coming up soon, 3 points today would have been the perfect start. A stuttering start going into these games would not fill me with confidence.

Just been speaking to a couple of lads who were at the game and they say that they fully expect Berbatov to be in the line up at Fratton Park a week on Monday.

Next 3 league games :

Portsmouth (A)

Liverpool (A)

Chelsea (A)

I reckon Fergie would bite your arm off for 5pts out of those games but I reckon Utd will do well to get 3.

Just been speaking to a couple of lads who were at the game and they say that they fully expect Berbatov to be in the line up at Fratton Park a week on Monday.

Next 3 league games :

Portsmouth (A)

Liverpool (A)

Chelsea (A)

I reckon Fergie would bite your arm off for 5pts out of those games but I reckon Utd will do well to get 3.

haha "do well to get 3", can you seriously see liverpool beating united?? that just doesnt happen anymore!! a win away to pompey, at least a point at anfield and hope to sneak a win or take a draw at stamford

haha "do well to get 3", can you seriously see liverpool beating united?? that just doesnt happen anymore!! a win away to pompey, at least a point at anfield and hope to sneak a win or take a draw at stamford

I would predict a narrow win at Portsmouth and then narrow defeats at Anfield and Stamford Bridge.

Liverpool have been unlucky against Man Utd at home recently and I think they will get the breaks for a win this time. Chelsea have owned Utd at home recently. As I say Utd would be happy with 5pts but they will do very well to get them given their current injuries.

United will pump Pompey and Liverpool easily. I recon they wont even concede over the 2 games. Chelsea away though is going to be a superb game!! Berbatov will bang the goals in for United, SAF has wanted a target man since Ruud left and this will fill the gap.

No one, and I mean no one wins at the Bridge. :)

shaun.lawson

See - this is why I'll never be able to understand Man Utd fans. For heavens sake man: you've just won the ****ing European Cup, and two straight titles, playing unbelievable football at times. Is this just supposed to go on forever and ever? Are you really that greedy? Can't you see the problem if the EPL turned into a one-horse race for now and all eternity?

At almost any other club, there'd be a grace period after doing what you did last season. But no: instead, you're whining after one measly game, and a result that is merely identical to your opening one last season anyway! To put it another way: in what way is this mentality any different to an OF fan?

See - this is why I'll never be able to understand Man Utd fans. For heavens sake man: you've just won the ****ing European Cup, and two straight titles, playing unbelievable football at times. Is this just supposed to go on forever and ever? Are you really that greedy? Can't you see the problem if the EPL turned into a one-horse race for now and all eternity?

At almost any other club, there'd be a grace period after doing what you did last season. But no: instead, you're whining after one measly game, and a result that is merely identical to your opening one last season anyway! To put it another way: in what way is this mentality any different to an OF fan?

I assume that '92/93 is still a bitter pill for you to swallow then? Don't be bitter about it, it was 15 years ago ;)

Yes, we have just won a European Cup and Premiership double, but that was last season. This is now. How did Barcelona react after winning the European Cup in 2006? By losing out on all fronts the following season.

Teams like Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea have all spent money on improving their teams, whilst United have not. This worries me a tad as our best player will be on the sidelines til October at the earliest, and we've still only been left with 3 recognised strikers. One of whom, being Louis Saha, is absolute gash.

Today showed that United lack a targetman when trying to play long, like they did towards the end of the game. Hopeless high balls into the box. When we're face with this kind of resistance, we NEED someone to punt the ball up to, but who can also turn a game, like Berbatov can.

Most Old Firm fans wat their team to go out and win every competition they play in, so my attitude is no different. I fail to see how thats relevant. 15 years of winning trophies constantly makes you want that run to continue, strange that.

Why should I want to see Arsenal or Chelsea win the league? Would you like to see Hibs win the SPL? Actually, don't answer that. Most people know what your opinion on that would be after your attempts to devalue that day in April 2006.

Typical wee team mentality.

Archived