Chelsea FC v Portsmouth

Therapist

I think Chelski have some fantastic players, however agree with you with regards Obi.

Think a Lampard, Essien, Ballack and Deco midfield would be fecking awesome.

All great players but no natural width.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not a fan of Obi Mikel.

He seems to exist to kick people and lose the ball.

Agreed, although he is still young I don't see what all the fuss was about and why Chelsea were so keen to snatch him from Man U. Looks like United got the best of that deal.

Essien on the other hand is outstanding and if he can stay clear of injury will become the best central midfielder in the premiership (alongside Fabregas)

Goaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal. Outstanding football. First of many.

Blue is the colour. :toasting:

Some great players in that team but can't help feeling the midfield just isn't balanced enough. Lampard and Ballack are far too similar and they lack genuine width.

Baack four and keeper look rock solid though.

By the looks of it, Deco is in behind Anelka. Then a diamond with Lampard at the top and Obi at the bottom.

Superb goal.

Goaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal. Outstanding football. First of many.

If Chelsea win, that'll be two results for you this weekend, what with your team winning in Glasgow yesterday. You must be pleased. :)

I find it funny that there are so many Chelsea fans on this forum. Chelsea had hardly any in England let alone Edinburgh when I was a teenager

chester copperpot
I find it funny that there are so many Chelsea fans on this forum. Chelsea had hardly any in England let alone Edinburgh when I was a teenager

Its amazing how many fans they have when successful (relatively speaking in their rather poor history) ;)

Captain America

Got Chelsea on my coupon so hope they win today.

Although Liverpool for the Title.

Goaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal. :)

2-0 Looks like 4-0 could be a possibility, they're playing some good stuff

chester copperpot

There are only 2 winners of the premiership this season, and one of them aint Liverpool I'm afraid, as much as that pains me to say it.

chester copperpot
There are only 2 winners of the premiership this season, and one of them aint Liverpool I'm afraid, as much as that pains me to say it.

Scolari's got them playing some stuff, very un Chelsea like this performance so far.

Goaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal. :)

By the looks of it, 4-0 is on the cards.

I think you are right there.

Liverpool have maybe 3 genuine world class players at a push (Gerrard, Torres and Reina) but apart from that they are just upper premiership class.

Man United and Chelsea are starting to put real quality squads together.

Really impressed with some of Chelsea's football so far. They'll get more respect and support from neutrals if they keep playing like this.

Its amazing how many fans they have when successful (relatively speaking in their rather poor history) ;)

Fans in glory hunting shocker!!!! :eek: I remember lots of people supporting Dundee Utd and Aberdeen, then most of them went back to supporting Rangers, Celtic and Man U.

Hilary Briss

Funny thing is, I used to quite like them in 80's/90's as I had a few mates down there but since they Abramovic era I've gone off them.

They look the mustard today though........shame Ballack went off as he has been superb.

Captain America

Next you be telling me Hearts won't win the league either ;)

Have to agree Chelsea/Man Utd for title just hoping for a challenge from Liverpool this season.

Fans in glory hunting shocker!!!! :eek: I remember lots of people supporting Dundee Utd and Aberdeen, then most of them went back to supporting Rangers, Celtic and Man U.

Have to agree with that.

Since Abramovich, they have been the current trendy team for the football glory hunter to claim to support.

It was Liverpool during the 1980s, Man United for the 90's and most of the 00's and now it's Chelsea.

Stonewall penalty. Goaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal. Well done Frank. :)

Blue is the colour.....:toasting:

chester copperpot
Cosa, whats your English team, mate?

You have probably said, but cant remember!

:o)

As long as it aint Sheffield United, I'm assuming you'll be ok with it. ;)?

Very impressive. I wonder where Drogba and maybe Robinho fit in to this.

World class football from Chelsea FC. ;)

Cosa, whats your English team, mate?

You have probably said, but cant remember!

:o)

I don't have one really.

I don't have any 2nd club team. Hearts and Scotland only.

I like watching teams who play good football (Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea today, Blackburn and Everton last season) but i don't really care if they lose.

aye, always find it strange when you meet someone from Edinburgh supporting The Sheep or Utd. A funny breed.

I remember one guy at school went through a spell of being A Sheep,a Tangerine then a Hun! Now he`s a Jam Tart and has been for a long time!!

Anyone else watching the Chelsea game? Their penalty claim looked very similar to ours. English ref gave them a penalty and booked the defender. Anyone else see a similarity? Thoughts?

Very impressive. I wonder where Drogba and maybe Robinho fit in to this.

Chelsea will be incredible if they get Robinho and Drogba playing up front together.

chester copperpot
World class football from Chelsea FC. ;)

If Drogba had been playing, it would've been 5 or 6 by now.

Quite scary how good those lot are playing, bodes well for a great season. Nice to see boring Chelsea attempt to play some football for a change.

English refs are much more capable and professional than the jokers we have up here.

I don't have one really.

I like watching teams who play good football (Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea today, Blackburn and Everton last season) but i don't really care if they lose.

Fair doo's- I actually thought it might have been Blackburn as you were always saying good things about them last season.

Great start by them yesterday at one of the hardest places on the fixture calender.

Before yesterday I thought all the whining about referees was petty and ridiculous. Now I understand. Yesterdays refereeing was shocking. Absolutely shocking. Am still raging.

Chelsea will be incredible if they get Robinho and Drogba playing up front together.

Fingers crossed.

Deco looks good, may be eating my words on that one.

Do The Dance

To the Chelsea fans..

Would you not rather watch the game than post on this thread? Especially the boy who missed the goal!?

Just an idea. ;)

I'd rather have my full concentration on my team than post "gooooaaaalllll" on here.

:P

Exactly the same. Two biased refs. English ref biased towards the so called big team. Scottish ref biased towards the so called big team.

How come it's 'Chelsea FC' and poor old Portsmouth don't get even a sniff of an FC at the end of their name? They're a football club too, dammit.

:rolleyes:

Fair doo's- I actually thought it might have been Blackburn as you were always saying good things about them last season.

Great start by them yesterday at one of the hardest places on the fixture calender.

I do quite like them actually.

The season they won the prem was one of my favourite prem seasons as a football fan. They used to win 3-2, 4-2, 4-1 every week. They couldn't defend so they conceded a lot of goals but they just scored more than the opposition and it made for great viewing.

Last season I thought they were outstanding to watch with Bentley and Santa Cruz playing some great stuff.

I don't have one really.

I'm the same. Got a soft spot for Bayern Munich as I had a ST there for a year. Had one at Fulham too though, and I hate them...:confused:

To the Chelsea fans..

Would you not rather watch the game than post on this thread?

I've got a desktop, laptop, wireless network and three tellies in Therapist Towers so it's not really a problem to do both. :P

Deco looks good.

Yes, "the hammer of ra sellik" is looking very good indeed. ;)

To the Chelsea fans..

Would you not rather watch the game than post on this thread? Especially the boy who missed the goal!?

Just an idea. ;)

I'd rather have my full concentration on my team than post "gooooaaaalllll" on here.

:P

I was making a pizza, but burnt it then the smoke alarm went off.

Gutted all round. :(

Also, you'll find it doesn't take much attention to post while sitting at your laptop, with one eye still on the football.

I do quite like them actually.

The season they won the prem was one of my favourite prem seasons as a football fan. They used to win 3-2, 4-2, 4-1 every week. They couldn't defend so they conceded a lot of goals but they just scored more than the opposition and it made for great viewing.

Last season I thought they were outstanding to watch with Bentley and Santa Cruz playing some great stuff.

That was a very good Blackburn side. Shearer, Sutton and I think Newell? scored some amount of goals for them. Spent a whack on players but many clubs have done that and not won Jack. Flowers, Sherwood, Ripley - all good players.

I've got a desktop, laptop, wireless network and three tellies in Therapist Towers so it's not really a problem to do both. :P

All of that? In ONE house? No!

:laugh:

Do The Dance

Gotcha. ;)

Nah mate, I understand as I have the same set up in my house (chelsea game's on next to me). Following Liverpool myself though, I sit with my arse on the chair (occassionally standing up and shouting), beer in hand, and my full attention (and frustation) is directly with the TV - laptop most definitely off.

I'm the same. Got a soft spot for Bayern Munich as I had a ST there for a year. Had one at Fulham too though, and I hate them...:confused:

Must have been brilliant having an ST at Bayern Munich.

I'd love to live in Germany for a while.

My knowing only about 10 words in German may prove to be an obstacle though.

Archived