Stuart Dougal! (merged threads)

Miller Jambo 60

Having now seen the match I think some of the ref comments are a bit cringey.

I had expected to be frothing at the mouth at Dougal's performance.

I think we have a big problem with refs / the old firm in this country and personally I think the only solution is English / foreign refs.

However, any suggestion that Sats game was Dougal 2 - 0 Hearts is pretty flawed.

Driver's shot should never have been a pen for us - the guy turned away from the ball with his elbow pretty much at the side of his body.

Their pen was sound enough - Wallace dived in from behind and didnt get the ball.

Miko is a marked man in Scottish football. He shouldnt have been booked first time but EVERY professional footballer in the world when on a yellow should know not the slide into a tackle with your studs showing.

Stupidity, mixed with frustration, no doubt, on Miko's part. He simply hasnt learned any lessons yet though which is inexcusable given how many times he has been sent off

It was the same against the hobo's when he was sent off, after his first booking you knew he was going to get sent off

The sad fact of the matter is that Miko, on balance, does Hearts no favours, and Hearts and Scottish football do Miko no favours. I think there is a talented player in there but I do genuinely think it would be best for both parties if he moved in. We gain very little from him being with us, and he gains very little likewise from being here

Anyway, I'm as raging as the next man when we are cheated out of a game of football, but the Rangers game wasnt one of them

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dougal was right there when Broadfoot went down and one might actually argue he was perhaps slightly unsighted when Miko went down, with several Rangers players running past to cover ?

The laws state

Decision 5

Any simulating action anywhere on the field which is intended to deceive the referee, must be sanctioned as unsporting behaviour = card

There were either two fouls, no fouls, two cards or NO cards

Why do we bother

Perhaps we should just forfeit games in Glasgow and maybe save ourselves yet another ?40k fine ( or is ?50k this year )

Sounds like a good idea for a tv game show.

Show clips of Scottish Football and the contestant wins points for guess what the Ref gave....

are cheated out of a game of football, but the Rangers game wasnt one of them

I would tend to disagree.

Look at the Broadfoot/Miko incidents, one goes down theatrically with no contact and the other goes down theatrically with contact. Should have resulted in no foul for Rangers and a Broadfoot booking, foul for Hearts and Miko told to get up......................we know what happened.

How much contact was made on Boyd for him to hit the deck theatrically for the free kick at the first goal (and that was not the first time he crumbled to the deck).

Hearts penalty claim, yes the ball played the arm rather than the arm playing the ball, fine if that is that particular referees interpertation of the rules, but from last seasons cup game at Motherwell when the ball played Jonssons arm we know it is not.

Dougal was far to eager to give decisions in favour of Rangers imo.

All other players that were booked were allowed to make further tackles.

Stuart Dougal WAS a good ref IMHO but has changed over the last couple of years.

I dealt with him in a business sense a few years ago and our first conversation was on the phone. Not having the benefit of seeing him when he introduced himself by name I instantly asked if he was THE Stuart Dougal to which he replied "that depends on who you support" After outing myself as a Jambo and me enquiring if he had ever wronged us he answered " would that include the 5 extra minutes I added on when you got the 4-4 draw with Hibs"

Prior to that and until a while ago I thought he was a good ref but not anymore.

Would say where he works but would possibly get dogs (or worse) from mods

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Dougal was far to eager to give decisions in favour of Rangers imo.

That was my feeling after watching the highlights. You can't say that Dougal was deliberately making decisions in favour of Rangers, but his casual style of refereeing (let's be honest, Broadfoot was no more than about 10 metres away from Dougal when he dived) makes me think that he's too easily persuaded to see football as the Old Firm see it. The same goes for the pre-goal foul on Boyd, which you could see from 100 miles away was not a foul. The problem for Dougal et al, including the SFA, is that if the referees are not biased, they're clearly incompetent beyond the point of human error. And it's pretty obvious that the SFA has no interest in addressing that.

Captain Lithuania
lets all moan about the refs every time we get a bad result. It has nothing to do with the lack of quality in our team. It has to be the dodgy refs, surely!!

Were you even there, pal?

Archived