2-0 WIN

15 Wins, no Draws, no loses with that team = No coincidence

If ref's are biased then why would they only favour them at home? :confused:

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mark_Mywords
If ref's are biased then why would they only favour them at home? :confused:

When did I say that ref's are only biased only at home games? I simply pointed out a ridiculous statistic, from, let's face it, an average team.

When did I say that ref's are only biased only at home games? I simply pointed out a ridiculous statistic, from, let's face it, an average team.

Fair enough however can you provide stats for the last 15 away Rangers games?

Then we can correlate home and away games and the same ref's that have referred them.

Thus we then get a full picture.

It was an average team that got the the UEFA cup final??????

rudi must stay

they are a very average team. It's an average league though and only a few teams go to Ibrox and actually try and win the game.

I should really have expected it from you but that just sums it up.

If the "three challenge" video replay ever shows up soon, you can be sure that the SPL will be the LAST to use it....citing "fairness to refs," "tradition," and other complete crap.............

Geoff Kilpatrick

I love the way the resident ingrowing toenail is calling Zaliukas "p*sh" when the consensus is that he was man of the match for HMFC today.

Sums up any knowledge he has of the game.

How did Macdonald have a good game?

He picked the ball out the net twice (not his fault) - flapped at a cross.

The stream was pish, but you think he had a good game?

He didnt handle the ball outside the box for a start.

He also made one particularly good save and made no mistakes.

Reasonably good game for a debutant.

Geoff Kilpatrick
He didnt handle the ball outside the box for a start.

He also made one particularly good save and made no mistakes.

Reasonably good game for a debutant.

Or, putting it another way, I didn't notice any discernible difference between him and Stevie Banks. It's encouraging and I hope he keeps the gloves for St Bribery next week.

Miller Jambo 60
I should really have expected it from you but that just sums it up.

If the "three challenge" video replay ever shows up soon, you can be sure that the SPL will be the LAST to use it....citing "fairness to refs," "tradition," and other complete crap.............

the muppet is a hobo cheat end off:107years::107years:

Shame he will never be a ref.

Miller Jambo 60
Yep, chief paymasters is the key phrase. Shocking display by Dougal today.

So handball in the box is not a penalty :slither::slither:CHEAT:107years:

Everthing said therein is correct.

It's no real surprise that every time the Miko has be sent off since the Andy Davis affair it has been a member of the Lanarkshire Referees Association (the same one as Davis and Dallas were members of) that has been involved.

Those individuals being McCurry, Richmond and now Dougall. I was once told by someone in Glasgow ( I assumed tongue in cheek) that the war cry for that association when dealing with Hearts is if you can't get Miko get another one of the Lithuanians. It would be interesting to see how many of our Lithuanian players have fallen foul of our friends from Glasgow since the Davis affair when the are officiating in our matches.

Miller Jambo 60
Everthing said therein is correct.

It's no real surprise that every time the Miko has be sent off since the Andy Davis affair it has been a member of the Lanarkshire Referees Association (the same one as Davis and Dallas were members of) that has been involved.

Those individuals being McCurry, Richmond and now Dougall. I was once told by someone in Glasgow ( I assumed tongue in cheek) that the war cry for that association when dealing with Hearts is if you can't get Miko get another one of the Lithuanians. It would be interesting to see how many of our Lithuanian players have fallen foul of our friends from Glasgow since the Davis affair when the are officiating in our matches.

Will not happen but a charge on the park to confront the cheats

The other ten clubs outside the OF should resign from the league to make their point. That's us at Ibrox this week, St. Mirren at Celtic Park last week, who's next? Falkirk at Parkhead next week? It's the only way that the SFA will listen, but it won't happen, will it?

I think you're slavering a lot of pish. He is goalkeeper coach to all the Keepers:cool:

Well done boob your fingers on the pulse as usual,try finding out simple facts first,why not look at the Hearts web site,the answer is there.

John Findlay
And every word true

Correct.

The level playing field in Scotland is as level as the old Easter Road pitch.

John

Jam Tarts 1874

Here is how the Scotland on Sunday described matters:

"Hearts will grumble about what happened between the loss of the first and second goal, in particular the red card given to substitute Saulius Mikoliunas, who lasted all of eight minutes after replacing Andrew Driver in the 65th minute. Inside three minutes, referee Stuart Dougal proved his crowd-pleasing best by dishing out a yellow card for simulation to the Lithuanian after he went to ground evading Sasa Papac.

It was questionable whether he dived or not, but others had in the game without receiving cautions, a luxury denied to Mikoliunas because of the reputation that proceeds him. Having had his name taken, the attacker was downright stupid to over-commit going into a challenge on Miller, and technically there was no debate over his second booking. With Mikoliunas' exit went Hearts' prospects of salvaging a point.

They did, however, claim for a penalty when the ball bounced up in front of Madjid Bougherra's face and struck his hand in the closing minutes. It wouldn't have been an unjust penalty award but, equally, it is easy to see why it wasn't given."

It wasn't given because the refs don't give Hearts penalties at Rangers or Celtic.

We see high-lights of all the other SPL games, we don't see debate on decisions in games involving other clubs, becasue generally the decisions seem to be what you would expect. But when it's Rangers and Celtic, suddenly there is controversy. Why? Because we and every other club is being cheated. The bias is clearly there, to dispute this is to deny what everyone else is seeing week in week out.

Seymour M Hersh
Oh aye and I suppose the same old guff defending him over and over again will be alright though.

Who is defending Dougal?

There is only one time that the teams are likely to stand together and this is either when one of the smaller teams gets done and all of the other teams back them. (this is unlikely)

Or

We have to swalow our pride and when hibs play the old firm and get done, we need to come out and support them strongly. They are too bitter for them to back us up, so it will have to be the other way around. This is the only way to get the stand started!

Bit shocked by some of the points made in this thread to be honest.

I watched all 90 minutes on the telly and I certainly didnt think Rangers looked any better than us at all - what I saw was a very even game of football, with very few goalscoring chances for either side.

The game was not decided through any moments of magic or any periods of domination by one side - the game was decided by another completely shambolic refereeing performance.

Just to name a few of the dodgy decisions that i recall....

- Rangers first goal from a free kick which never was.

- Larry booked for trying to AVOID a lunge from a rangers player.

- Miko booked for being fouled.

- Stonewall penalty turned down.

Daydream Believer
There is only one time that the teams are likely to stand together and this is either when one of the smaller teams gets done and all of the other teams back them. (this is unlikely)

Or

We have to swalow our pride and when hibs play the old firm and get done, we need to come out and support them strongly. They are too bitter for them to back us up, so it will have to be the other way around. This is the only way to get the stand started!

Couldn't agree more. We've been guilty in the past of claiming that the bias is against hearts instead of against everyone outside the OF.

In some ways it would be better if it was hibs. If supporters start backing their rivals against the refs then it sends a pretty clear message.

ToadKiller Dog

The other 10 wont stand together ,self interest always takes over ,Dundee United and killie quickly surrendered there arses to the old firm the last time the ten threatened to walk ,Dundee united folded again over the 5% old firm tax ,which is a shame as they could have a decent advocate in CL.

I predict we shall get a soft decision our way next saturday which will water down and grivences in the eyes of the media.

There's been talk of having a season-long thread to record all dodgy OF decisions. Good idea. BUt i was just thinking it'd be easier on a speadsheet

So I've drawn one up! That's how rock n roll i am!

Don't know how to post in though as I'm PC illiterate and it appears too big to be posted and also in .xl format which I cant do...??

Anyway, thought if we have a spready which shows decisions for AND against the OF, then it would make interesting reading after a few months and could be sent to the GFA with a good few thousand signatures from non OF fans.

Not that the GFA would take any notice but atleast its a message with something behind it.

We'd have to be fair on it though and try only to put decisions which affect outcomes and are deinitely wrong (there have been atleast 4 already this season), and also make sure we also put on the rare occassions they get a decision against them

THoughts.....??? both on the idea and on how to send it to out??

Lets prove VR right!!!

This weekend already but.........

For those of you who seem to be defending the Referee and trying to go against the obvious bias that existed in yesterdays match. Have a word!

Debatable decisions yesterday.

Free kick that led to goal // Miko "Dive" // Miko Booking // Bougherra Handball // Rangers Penalty

Those are the most talked about incidents in the game.

How did they pan out? ALL of them in Rangers favour.

We're not talking about an Andy Davis type incident here, it was continual decisions in Rangers favour all match. This is only the big decisions as well, what about all the 50/50 throw ins, tackles etc throughout the match? If they go the same way as the major decisions then what chance have you got.

Hearts fans trying to dress yesterdays result up in any other way than being done over in Glasgow again should have a look at themselves. Theres been many posts on here since yesterday at 4:45 accusing fellow Hearts fans of being bias / paranoid and so on.

How do you explain every single match turning point mentioned above all going in the favour of one team?

***EDIT : Almost forgot the "foul" on Broadfoot first half, that should have merited a straight red for one of the most horrific efforts at a dive this century. Result? Free kick Rangers, ticking off for Mikey Stewart.

Pathetic

For those of you who seem to be defending the Referee and trying to go against the obvious bias that existed in yesterdays match. Have a word!

Free kick that led to goal // Miko "Dive" // Miko Booking // Bougherra Handball // Rangers Penalty

We're not talking about an Andy Davis type incident here, it was continual decisions in Rangers favour all match. This is only the big decisions as well, what about all the 50/50 throw ins, tackles etc throughout the match? If they go the same way as the major decisions then what chance have you got.

Hearts fans trying to dress yesterdays result up in any other way than being done over in Glasgow again should have a look at themselves. Theres been many posts on here since yesterday at 4:45 accusing fellow Hearts fans of being bias / paranoid and so on.

How do you explain every single match turning point mentioned above all going in the favour of one team?

***EDIT : Almost forgot the "foul" on Broadfoot first half, that should have merited a straight red for one of the most horrific efforts at a dive this century. Result? Free kick Rangers, ticking off for Mikey Stewart.

Pathetic

I agree with everything you say apart from this point (maybe tongue in cheek anyway?) - a dive should only ever be a booking.

Having said that I'm struggling to remember another time when someone has been booked for a 'dive' near the halfway line.

Guest jambomickey

dougal was a joke but to be honest we never deserved anything from the game! but it's only one game and since csaba came in it's all about being positive

I agree with everything you say apart from this point (maybe tongue in cheek anyway?) - a dive should only ever be a booking.

Having said that I'm struggling to remember another time when someone has been booked for a 'dive' near the halfway line.

I disagree that dives should only merit bookings. Cheating is surely the thing we want to stamp out most in the game - if they made it a straight red for any sort of diving it would soon lessen. Maybe that's what needs to happen for a season or two?

Of course, we all know that would mean our team losing a player or two most weeks to the Old Firm's none, but that's a separate point....

I disagree that dives should only merit bookings. Cheating is surely the thing we want to stamp out most in the game - if they made it a straight red for any sort of diving it would soon lessen. Maybe that's what needs to happen for a season or two?

Of course, we all know that would mean our team losing a player or two most weeks to the Old Firm's none, but that's a separate point....

Wouldn't argue with that - I should have added "under the current laws" to my comment.

dougal was a joke but to be honest we never deserved anything from the game! but it's only one game and since csaba came in it's all about being positive

I know what you're saying but two points.

First, Rangers hardly deserved anything from the game either!!

Second, whether we deserved something or not does not make one bit of difference to the core issue - the deliberate singling out of Hearts Lithuanian players - and Craig Levein!!!

That's on top of the usual plain old bias for the the two most despicable teams on the planet!!!

Pathetic

Miko's lunge for 2nd yellow was a shocker. My problem is that i think dougal was hoping for it

There were also several (very) similar lunges from rangers players (most notably Thomspon)

how did they all pan out? in Rangers favour

we are fighting a pointless battle. Things will never change

Jambojohnnyboy

Over the last two days we have witnessed some extremely poor officiating of matches involving the Old Firm.

We witnessed the incidents yesterday against Hearts and today against Dundee United.

The thing that gets me is that the SFA pander to the OF yet it would be in the best interests of the Scottish game in general if they were to look into the standard of the Scottish game's officials.

I'm not kicking this off because of my maroon bias but as we see week in and week out, these guys balk at the thought of going against the supposed big two, apart from the fact that if they were the big two they wouldn't need the 12th man in black helping the cause, the SFA are missing the big picture.

The SPL is a product which needs marketing, the SPL wants the league to be seen as an attractive alternative to the EPL. But in the way the games are officaited the league becomes a two dog race. Which TV companies are going to shell out big bucks on a product that can practically be predicted before a ball is kicked? There are other people out there interested in taking out subscriptions that are not supporters of Celtic and Rangers. I would love for our league to have an end as entertaining as the end of season games we have witnessed down south. I would love to see replica top sales improve for other clubs out with Glasgow because we have a product that has sparked the imagination of supporters out with Scotland. I would love to see all attendances up as the game was exciting and bringing out the fans that stopped supporting the local team because they had nothing to play for. I would love to see a 20 team SPL where teams could see increases in the accounts without having to play the old firm twice at home. I would love to read that a TV deal has been struck that rivals what is paid for the EPL but until the powers that be ensure that we are playing on a level footing then those days will never come. It's not rocket science what needs done but until the blinkers are removed and the pandering stops then all we have to look forward to is who will finish third and mediocre TV deals that benefit no one other than Celtic and Rangers.

Rant over.

ArmiyaRomanova

Bias.

or

incompetence.

Whichever it is, something must be done to improve the image of the SPL.

And soon.

Nelly Terraces
According to the Hunday Mail Dougal had an "impressive game"

Taz, in one way they’re right, it was 'impressive' right enough:sad:, that even by the shockingly low standards of 'refereeing' (surely we should no longer refer to what these people do in matches v the old squirm as refereeing, as I'd hazard a guess that the OED definition of this word would refer to some sort of impartiality), his was a virtuoso performance in downright and blatant cheating.

The incidents he chose to give/not give see/not see have been detailed across several threads on this forum, so no point in repeating them, but this man single handedly gave the win to Rankers on a plate. It was both nauseating and shocking to witness in equal measure.

What sickens me further about this creep of an individual is that he is the head honcho for those masquerading as 'refs' in this country and is at the forefront of their disgraceful campaign to get paid an inordinate and totally undeserved rise in payments to carry out their role as Old Squirm apparatchiks. He received a bung of ?800 for his display of corrupt servitude yesterday from an organisation basically in the pay to both Ceptic & Rankers, while honest Hearts fans were virtually robbed of their cash they’d paid to watch this utterly crooked spectacle.

Please, Dougall, have something very horrible happen to you very soon, it’s what you deserve. Everyone hates a cheat, and a robbing cheat you are mate. Please, just **** off under your rock forever you vile, disgusting creep of a human being.

Nelly Terraces
Bias.

or

incompetence.

Whichever it is, something must be done to improve the image of the SPL.

And soon.

Something has happened mate. They're now getting paid 800 quid per game instead of what they were on before, and this will be increasing to over a grand before the end of this season.

It make me feel like vomitting.

JamboRossi79
According to the Hunday Mail Dougal had an "impressive game"

I thought so too, clearly MOTM for Rankgers.

john brownlee
Here is how the Scotland on Sunday described matters:

"Hearts will grumble about what happened between the loss of the first and second goal, in particular the red card given to substitute Saulius Mikoliunas, who lasted all of eight minutes after replacing Andrew Driver in the 65th minute. Inside three minutes, referee Stuart Dougal proved his crowd-pleasing best by dishing out a yellow card for simulation to the Lithuanian after he went to ground evading Sasa Papac.

It was questionable whether he dived or not, but others had in the game without receiving cautions, a luxury denied to Mikoliunas because of the reputation that proceeds him. Having had his name taken, the attacker was downright stupid to over-commit going into a challenge on Miller, and technically there was no debate over his second booking. With Mikoliunas' exit went Hearts' prospects of salvaging a point.

They did, however, claim for a penalty when the ball bounced up in front of Madjid Bougherra's face and struck his hand in the closing minutes. It wouldn't have been an unjust penalty award but, equally, it is easy to see why it wasn't given."

It wasn't given because the refs don't give Hearts penalties at Rangers or Celtic.

We see high-lights of all the other SPL games, we don't see debate on decisions in games involving other clubs, becasue generally the decisions seem to be what you would expect. But when it's Rangers and Celtic, suddenly there is controversy. Why? Because we and every other club is being cheated. The bias is clearly there, to dispute this is to deny what everyone else is seeing week in week out.

You see that's my point as well, no controversial decisions against hobos this week no controversial decisions a against murderwell this week or even good honest scottish falkick need I go on. but when they, like the rest of us meet the squirm then its their turn, is there not a pattern here. or is it down to paranoia

Captain Lithuania

Big Stuart had a great game, what a performance, in the second half it was 12 V 10. Is Dougall registered as a player at Ibrox?

Captain Lithuania
Couldn't agree more. We've been guilty in the past of claiming that the bias is against hearts instead of against everyone outside the OF.

In some ways it would be better if it was hibs. If supporters start backing their rivals against the refs then it sends a pretty clear message.

As much as it pains to type this, if Hibs had the same trouble we had, I would back them because it hurts when you're cheated out of a game. We were no worse than Rangers. On the tube coming back a Rangers' fan told me: The referee was on our side, no doubt about it.

Bit shocked by some of the points made in this thread to be honest.

I watched all 90 minutes on the telly and I certainly didnt think Rangers looked any better than us at all - what I saw was a very even game of football, with very few goalscoring chances for either side.

The game was not decided through any moments of magic or any periods of domination by one side - the game was decided by another completely shambolic refereeing performance.

Just to name a few of the dodgy decisions that i recall....

- Rangers first goal from a free kick which never was.

- Larry booked for trying to AVOID a lunge from a rangers player.

- Miko booked for being fouled.

- Stonewall penalty turned down.

Spot on with every point.

Don't know if its been mentioned already on another thread, but it was outrageous that setanta "full SPL" program went out their way to OMIT the blatant simulation by Boyd which got them the free kick that lead to the first goal.

:mad:

There's been talk of having a season-long thread to record all dodgy OF decisions. Good idea. BUt i was just thinking it'd be easier on a speadsheet

So I've drawn one up! That's how rock n roll i am!

Don't know how to post in though as I'm PC illiterate and it appears too big to be posted and also in .xl format which I cant do...??

Anyway, thought if we have a spready which shows decisions for AND against the OF, then it would make interesting reading after a few months and could be sent to the GFA with a good few thousand signatures from non OF fans.

Not that the GFA would take any notice but atleast its a message with something behind it.

We'd have to be fair on it though and try only to put decisions which affect outcomes and are deinitely wrong (there have been atleast 4 already this season), and also make sure we also put on the rare occassions they get a decision against them

THoughts.....??? both on the idea and on how to send it to out??

Lets prove VR right!!!

Keep it going, mate, I'm sure there'll be lots of entries!

Of course, it can be easily solved by using non-Strathclyde officials:cool:

Over the last two days we have witnessed some extremely poor officiating of matches involving the Old Firm.

We witnessed the incidents yesterday against Hearts and today against Dundee United.

The thing that gets me is that the SFA pander to the OF yet it would be in the best interests of the Scottish game in general if they were to look into the standard of the Scottish game's officials.

I'm not kicking this off because of my maroon bias but as we see week in and week out, these guys balk at the thought of going against the supposed big two, apart from the fact that if they were the big two they wouldn't need the 12th man in black helping the cause, the SFA are missing the big picture.

The SPL is a product which needs marketing, the SPL wants the league to be seen as an attractive alternative to the EPL. But in the way the games are officaited the league becomes a two dog race. Which TV companies are going to shell out big bucks on a product that can practically be predicted before a ball is kicked? There are other people out there interested in taking out subscriptions that are not supporters of Celtic and Rangers. I would love for our league to have an end as entertaining as the end of season games we have witnessed down south. I would love to see replica top sales improve for other clubs out with Glasgow because we have a product that has sparked the imagination of supporters out with Scotland. I would love to see all attendances up as the game was exciting and bringing out the fans that stopped supporting the local team because they had nothing to play for. I would love to see a 20 team SPL where teams could see increases in the accounts without having to play the old firm twice at home. I would love to read that a TV deal has been struck that rivals what is paid for the EPL but until the powers that be ensure that we are playing on a level footing then those days will never come. It's not rocket science what needs done but until the blinkers are removed and the pandering stops then all we have to look forward to is who will finish third and mediocre TV deals that benefit no one other than Celtic and Rangers.

Rant over.

If only.

Motherwell v Hearts last season : simply shocking. The penalty decision not given is a farce and the refs conduct was disgraceful.

Huns v Hearts , CIS semi : Ferguson's blatant hand ball goes unpunished and he scores from it. Right in front of the ref.

Sheep v Huns last season at Pittodrie : another shocker , Ferguson escapes any punishment again. Video evidence shows he tried a flying punch that missed but no action was taken.

Miko has been sent off 5 times now in the SPL . For what ? It's a fecking joke.

Looking at his record you'd think he was the new Gregor Stevens instead of a guy who has become the victim of Gordhun Smith's witch hunt : Gordhun , did you see the Falkirk v Huns game last season ? How many Huns players dived in that game and didn't get booked ?

Vlad has got to do more than just mouth off about a 'mafia' and start fighting back against this state of affairs.

Jambojohnnyboy

I'm well aware of what has gone on in previous seasons but we're two games in to this season and already we're seeing the influence that the refs have in changing the outcome of games. Especially when they are looking to be paid more for shoddy displays.

I just want a fair crack of the whip for us all.

Archived